• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Up Smash: Identical to Palutena's but deep purple. It would have the darkness effect instead of the magic effect which Palutena's currently has
Just a little help, maybe her Up Smash could be based on her laser attack from her second form in terms of aesthetic and Medusa always associated with dark red color rather than purple.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wow! I’m loving all the content for Medusa! It’s really great! I’ll make sure to add this content to her page and then into her wikia character page!

I’m happy to announce the return of Spirit Theme Events! I gave each developer partner a number and placed them in a number generator (minus mine of course). The user deciding the next theme is...

The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher

The theme can be anything. Only Swordie characters. Pokémon. Character that start with B. Winter-themed characters. You can decide but please keep on appropriate. You can also choose the number of Spirits people can submit with the range being 1-4. Please submit your character theme on Monday. No earlier please as the Spirits Team is still playing catch up by adding them to the Wikia.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
To celebrate Fall Guys coming to the Switch, I thought I'd add a spirit for it (Please don't tell me its been done...)

Fall Guy
Debut Game: Fall Guys
Advanced Class Support (Strong Throw)
Song: Rayman Legends Main Theme (May change if a Fall Guys song is submitted)
Stage: Warioware Inc.
Opponents: Kirby x8 (First 8 alts besides default alt)
Rules: The opponent likes to jump, The opponent favors grabs, the opponent taunts often

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To celebrate Fall Guys coming to the Switch, I thought I'd add a spirit for it (Please don't tell me its been done...)

Fall Guy
Debut Game: Fall Guys
Advanced Class Support (Strong Throw)
Song: Rayman Legends Main Theme (May change if a Fall Guys song is submitted)
Stage: Warioware Inc.
Opponents: Kirby x8 (First 8 alts besides default alt)
Rules: The opponent likes to jump, The opponent favors grabs, the opponent taunts often
That’s a great idea and I really like what you submitted. That being said, spirit submissions are currently closed for the time being. We will be having a Spirit Theme Event (last one was Valentine’s Day) in a few days. We are also busy including all of the current Spirit submissions into our Wikia so, for that reason, general submissions are currently closed so we can catch up.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
That’s a great idea and I really like what you submitted. That being said, spirit submissions are currently closed for the time being. We will be having a Spirit Theme Event (last one was Valentine’s Day) in a few days. We are also busy including all of the current Spirit submissions into our Wikia so, for that reason, general submissions are currently closed so we can catch up.
Sorry about that. I forgot to check the front to see if submissions were open lol. Either way, I’ll try to resubmit the Fall Guys spirit and I’m excited to see what the event will be👍

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
There's a Spirit notably missing from the Crash list - the Trophy Girls, who enhance into the Nitro Squad.
There's no good render for the Trophy Girls, just a low quality in-game model, and plus the Nitro Squad is basically a modernized version of them and even has the same named character and they are not really that important to begin with.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There's a Spirit notably missing from the Crash list - the Trophy Girls, who enhance into the Nitro Squad.
Yes, the Trophy Girls spirit was replaced by the Nitro Squad spirit. Cutting Spirits out is a practice I wish to avoid and, if I need to, try to make sensible cuts. That being said, and I will be addressing this on a later date as this weekend I am absolutely swamped, I will be slimming down our submitted Other spirits significantly. Several minor series that doesn’t have much representation on Nintendo systems will be removed which also includes most of the Spirits I submitted (Ark, Skullgirls, and Mischief Makers). I will also be slimming down other series that has a large amount of Spirits despite not having a representative playable character.

That being said, I intend to keep the data on the Spirit in case we decide to include them back in at a later date.

After we conclude our Spirit Theme Event featuring The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher , I will be presenting a new way for us to submit Spirits that’s more fair I think, easier to submit, and also allows other series that don’t have new Spirits yet, like Star Fox and F-Zero, to get Spirits.

In the future, I will make a proper announcement to indicate which ones will be removed. I intend to try to limit the amount of Spirits that are removed and to be transparent to the reasons why I did.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yes, the Trophy Girls spirit was replaced by the Nitro Squad spirit. Cutting Spirits out is a practice I wish to avoid and, if I need to, try to make sensible cuts. That being said, and I will be addressing this on a later date as this weekend I am absolutely swamped, I will be slimming down our submitted Other spirits significantly. Several minor series that doesn’t have much representation on Nintendo systems will be removed which also includes most of the Spirits I submitted (Ark, Skullgirls, and Mischief Makers). I will also be slimming down other series that has a large amount of Spirits despite not having a representative playable character.

That being said, I intend to keep the data on the Spirit in case we decide to include them back in at a later date.

After we conclude our Spirit Theme Event featuring The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher , I will be presenting a new way for us to submit Spirits that’s more fair I think, easier to submit, and also allows other series that don’t have new Spirits yet, like Star Fox and F-Zero, to get Spirits.

In the future, I will make a proper announcement to indicate which ones will be removed. I intend to try to limit the amount of Spirits that are removed and to be transparent to the reasons why I did.
Do you think the Google Doc could still include the removed Spirits and the Wiki include only Spirits that are properly confirmed? I think that's a good compromise.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Do you think the Google Doc could still include the removed Spirits and the Wiki include only Spirits that are properly confirmed? I think that's a good compromise.
Thats something that Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto would address as they are in charge of the doc and has been adding all the spirits into the wikia. That being said, I intend to just strike out any of the culled spirits in the OP so, if I need to, I can easily unstrike it if they are added back in.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, sometime down the line, should we consider doing the Palutena's Guidance for the new characters + DLC characters that didn't get one last time? I personally wouldn't be able to do this as I never played Kid Icarus Uprising so I wouldn't know the first thing when writing one, but it seems like something that'd make sense to do. We could also try to update Snake's calls, although that may be more on the unrealistic side.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity, sometime down the line, should we consider doing the Palutena's Guidance for the new characters + DLC characters that didn't get one last time? I personally wouldn't be able to do this as I never played Kid Icarus Uprising so I wouldn't know the first thing when writing one, but it seems like something that'd make sense to do. We could also try to update Snake's calls, although that may be more on the unrealistic side.
We're working on them! There's a doc somewhere that has a bunch I think

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Hmm, I'm using the Google Doc as a tool to help me and the rest of the Spirits Team with adding the submitted spirits and reordering them. The Spirits that are considered getting removed are in a Sheet of their own (called "LIMBO") just to be sure. As the idea of a "Missing Content" page, where there's content that has been considered during development, has been thrown a lot.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace

Link to Codec, Guidance, and Fashion critique google doc for those who wish to add. Make sure to read the guidelines at the top first.

the lack of cut melee vets in brawl from the snake codec section has been adressed before, and they will be added in later.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #57: Add Content to a Pre-Existing Stage

Previously, we did a job where we “enhanced” a pre-existing stage by adding content to it. For Great Plateau Shiekah Tower, we made the background more dynamic while also adding new Biomes to Minecraft World and new summons for Midgard.

This time around, we will all be adding new content to stages that make them more up-to-date in a post-Ultimate Smash game. Everyone will get to add content but, and this is important, it’s first-come-first-serve. We won’t be accepting changes to a stage from multiple users. Basically, indicate which stage you want to add content to and then provide said content. That will cause that stage to no longer be able to have content added to it. We won’t be doing a submission and voting period. Any submissions made ina stage that was already covered will be denied.

So what constitutes as new content?

New hazards
New stage gimmick
Changes/updates to old hazards and gimmicks
New cameos
New elements
Updated appearances
Etc

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I plan on covering King of Fighters Stadium. I’m a bit busy atm but I will update this post when I can.

Ok, I got some sleep so I’m ok to do mine now. Sorry but it was running on nearly 24 hours of now sleep.

My changes are purely cosmetic by adding 10 new characters to the cameo list.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I'll take Princess Peach's Castle. I'll be back to talk about the changes but for now I reserved it for later.

Okay, here goes..

Appearance - The current that they use for the stage a modernization if its appearance in Mario 64, while it seems to be a good callback it feels like the castle itself really lack the identity and adding to the fact that there's already a stage based on Mario 64 and is called Peach's Castle with the stage itself perfectly capture the essence of the game means that we have to change it. The appearance I choose for her Castle is specifically based on the Mario & Luigi, specifically Bowser's Inside Story.
Untitled534_20210221144605.png

Although I have to sacrifice its identity from the Super Mario Bros. series it makes up with its brand new appearance and probably the first ever Mario & Luigi representation but visually it's still the same as the old one and the place that you fight on is on top of the castle's rooftop and the balcony which act as the main platform.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'll reserve Green Hill Zone. I want to keep it a great stage but increase the amount of cameos/hazards (not so much to where it's super intrusive tho)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Since we're most likely adding a new Sonic character to the roster, I'd like to know what Sonic characters you guys want protected from being a cameo in Green Hill's background.
Keep in mind, I'm already choosing to not include Shadow and Eggman.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
DAISY DARK SAMUS MOVESET TWEAKS RESULTS

Dark Samus’ New Final Smash

Aurora Unit 313
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom - 8 Votes
Metroid Prime Otoad64 Otoad64 - 0 Votes
Metroid Prime @Perkilator -3 Votes
Metroid Prime @Ahemtoday -4 Votes
Leviathan @SharkLord - 5 Votes

Daisy’s New Special Move
Golf Putt
Otoad64 Otoad64 - 5 Votes
Daisy Spike cashregister9 cashregister9 -1 Vote
Superball Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario -4 Votes
Superball @GoodGrief741 -8 Votes
Crystal Smash Yiptap Yiptap -3 Votes
Flowerbed Return @ahemtoday - 5 Votes

Daisy Final Smash
Special Shot Otoad64 Otoad64 -7 Votes
Crystal Smash C chocolatejr9 -5 Votes
Daisy Dance @GoodGrief741 -4 Votes
Daisy
Cruiser Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom - 12 Votes

THE NEW SPECIALS/FINAL SMASHES SHALL BE AS FOLLOWS

Dark Samus Final Smash:
Aurora Unit 313 Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Daisy Special:Superball @GoodGrief741

Daisy Final Smash: Daisy Cruiser Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I'll reserve Green Greens, I think there's plenty that could be done to make it stand out more from Dreamland
Since we're most likely adding a new Sonic character to the roster, I'd like to know what Sonic characters you guys want protected from being a cameo in Green Hill's background.
Keep in mind, I'm already choosing to not include Shadow and Eggman.
as long as you protect Tails I'm good

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I think I wanna reserve Spring Stadium.

no guarantee, but I think I got some ideas I wanna work with

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
EDIT: Whoops, forgot Minecraft World was already done. In that case, I think I'll take a stab at Super Mario Maker.

EDIT 2: Alright, here are my ideas!
  • Each of the four styles now has a "night" mode which is randomly activated upon the start of the match. Unlike SMM2, though, nothing about gameplay or gravity changes between night and day.
  • These are new course elements that can be added to the stage:
    • Semi-solid platforms. Mechanically, these would act pretty similarly to the Mushroom Platforms we have currently, but it'd make for some nice visual variety.
    • Twister: These would act just like the tornado on the Hyrule Castle (64) stage, sucking fighters up and swirling them around for a second before launching them upward.
    • Doors: If RNG feels like it, two doors will be placed on the stage upon starting a match. The doors can be entered by crouching in front of one, and it will take you to the other door. In the event that a door is hovering in mid-air, the fighter will not enter freefall upon exiting it. However, one cannot enter a mid-air door.
    • Trampolines: These bounce fighters upwards upon jumping on top of one.
    • Fire Bars: These act identically to their SMM1/2 counterparts - They spin around and damage/launch opponents upon touch.
  • There's also a handful of new cameos, each of which appears in the background of the stage just like the ones we have now.
    • Bowser, Bowser Junior, or one of the Koopalings in a Koopa Clown Car. For logic's sake, a character will not appear if they're currently in the fight.
    • The Angry Sun.
    • A Banzai Bill, complementing the current swarm of Bullet Bills.
    • Finally (and my personal favorite), Weird Mario riding a cloud. Unlike the previous three, Weird Mario's appearance would not change between game styles.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #57:
Mario Bros.

Fighter Flies now appear
The Green Fire Ball has been removed, and replaced with Icicles (which don't freeze but rather just cause knockback)
The recovery platform from the game replaces the usual platform

Janx_uwu Janx_uwu maybe Metal Sonic? Would make a decent echo.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #57: Gaur Plain
1613843875621.png

Gaur Plain's interpretation in Smash Bros. currently:
Gaur Plain (at least the section in Smash Bros.) is a place that can't be accessed without hacking, so I can't grade the realism of what it looks like. Everything else is looking fine. However, I still want some more visuals in the background

Visual Changes:
  • I don't know if it's possible as I might just not have played on the stage enough, but Raining is now possible, it's random and lasts about 4 in stage hours.
    • The sky changes graey, and lightning will strike in the distance in random seconds
  • Light Wisps will fly around the stage whenever it's night time. They don't attack, they are just there. They load out (like, not even a poof) whenever it turns day.
  • Enemies on Bionis's Leg will appear in the background, the most common ones being Volffs and Leg Arduns, but Hox can appear aswell.
  • The party (including Shulk, but only when no one is playing him) can appear in the background, similar to the Phantom Thieves' appearence in Mementos.
Mechanical Changes:
  • The springs are replaced with more platforms, as to my knowledge Springs were never in the original Xenoblade and look very out of place to me.
  • Metal Face appears less often, but is stronger when he does appear.
  • M32 Scout Units will appear from time to time in groups of 3. They aren't really any problem, though. They have around 10% of health, and only deal 2.7% if they hit you.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Going to reserve Hyrule Castle because i have one small but important change to make on it.

If someone already claimed it then ill take Arena Ferox instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom