• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My second attempt at Job #55: Black Shadow

Black Shadow is the sadistic main villain in the F-Zero series. Wanted across the galaxy, Black Shadow regularly enters F-Zero races with two goals in mind: causing accidents to sate his bloodlust, and killing his nemesis Captain Falcon before his adoring audience. He is a cold and manipulative mastermind and a racer to stay away from.

I've previously submitted him as an Echo candidate, either to replace Ganondorf's old moveset or as a speedier and more aggressive version of Falcon using Bull Charge. However for this prompt he has to be identical to his base fighter, and since Ganon's FS makes no sense for him I guess Falcon will do. His animations are wildly different like Dark Samus', emphasizing his brute strength, sadistic nature and tactical mind.

I picked Black Shadow because, as anyone familiar with F-Zero knows, he's a fantastic villain. He oozes evil and manages to throw evil laughs left and right yet still remain threatening. Also F-Zero's been in Smash since the beginning and Falcon looks lonely.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Its just colors but samus’s dark samus alt was removed when dark samus was added, and so was ike’s chrom alt. Plus zelda and hilda are nearly identical so it would be even harder to tell them apart than most echos who at least have different silhouettes.
Hilda is eligible. While Zelda does have an Alt color representing Hilda; it’s not a full Alt costume. Fox and Wolf, Pit and Dark Pit, Mario and Wario, both have alts to complement eachother. Granted Peach and Daisy don’t and I always felt that was a missed chance. We could try to recreate this by giving Zelda a Zeldafied Alt costume of Hilda and give Hilda a Hildafied Alt of Zelda.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Hilda is eligible. While Zelda does have an Alt color representing Hilda; it’s not a full Alt costume. Fox and Wolf, Pit and Dark Pit, Mario and Wario, both have alts to complement eachother. Granted Peach and Daisy don’t and I always felt that was a missed chance. We could try to recreate this by giving Zelda a Zeldafied Alt costume of Hilda and give Hilda a Hildafied Alt of Zelda.
We also already added Waluigi despite having these.

1613619755302.png
1613619776806.png

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
December - Game Awards Reveal with a third party newcomer plus a third party echo fighter (think of the Incineroar reveal retailer with Ken but if Incineroar was....Geno...or Doomslayer or something lol)
Will we be pitching and voting for these two as a set, or will we be voting for both the newcomer and echo individually?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submissions are now closed

Here are the results of the Logo Voting!

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom : 3
Golden Icarus Golden Icarus : 6
cashregister9 cashregister9 : 2

Please welcome our new logo!

Next, we will begin voting for our next Echo characters! We will be holding off voting on the changes for the other Echo fighters until later on.

Please vote for your top 3! We won’t be allowing voting for your own for this one. Also, please consider who you cast a vote for that this could potentially have ramifications for character inclusions down the line.

Ninten
Otoad64 Otoad64
Black Knight @CheeseAnton
Tom Nook cashregister9 cashregister9
The Ancient Magister The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher
Impa Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
Alph @SmasherMaster
Felix airConditioner airConditioner
Paula Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Medusa Krookodilian Krookodilian
Dark Bowser BowserKing BowserKing
Funky Kong Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Dark Meta Knight Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Digby Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Demise Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Yarn Yoshi Yiptap Yiptap
Hilda Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Gooigi Jomosensual Jomosensual
Black Shadow GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741

Also, as the Director, I will be making an express decision:

Dark Samus will have her Down Smash replaced with that of Phazon Tendrils. This was put forth by several participants.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Alph, Black Knight, Ninten

Would've voted for black shadow but I would rather he have some of ganon's moves, and there are plenty of slots down the line for him.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Medusa: since most of Palu's moves were basically made up and Medusa would need the same, it makes sense to add her as an Echo and make it all about the flair.

Impa: Impa could totally be unique and probably should be unique but I'm not that big a fan of her so I'd be fine with an identical moveset to Sheik's

Ancient Minister: no other character fits the role imo but also it would be pretty awesome to have a Smash original character and the Ancient Minister was super cool and mysterious.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Not to sound rude or anything, but I really hope Impa doesn't win. It would be annoying to have the first Zelda character since Brawl be an echo.
Anyways, my votes go to Gooigi, Paula, and Black Shadow.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Not to sound rude or anything, but I really hope Impa doesn't win. It would be annoying to have the first Zelda character since Brawl be an echo.
Anyways, my votes go to Gooigi, Paula, and Black Shadow.
if we're allowed to criticise submissions, I seriously do not want Ninten to win. He deserves better than an echo considering he barely uses any PSI.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don't mean for it to come as a criticism. I was talking about Impa in the same way Venus did for Dry Bowser-I would rather him have been an echo, and I would rather Impa be a fully-fledged fighter. Unless we're adding two Zelda characters, I think we should hold off on her for a little longer.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Personally, I'd love to see more Zelda fighters and I agree that we should have someone unique. Even if we do get Impa as an echo, I'd still love to see someone unique like Tingle, Vaati, Skull Kid, Tetra, Ganon, Mipha, Daruk, Midna, etc.

The thing is, literally any echo fighter could be a unique character (Dark Samus, Daisy, Dark Pit), but given that Sheik is literally mimicking Impa in OoT, it would make sense for them to have similar movesets.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
I don't mean for it to come as a criticism. I was talking about Impa in the same way Venus did for Dry Bowser-I would rather him have been an echo, and I would rather Impa be a fully-fledged fighter. Unless we're adding two Zelda characters, I think we should hold off on her for a little longer.
Zelda's pedigree combined with the fact that Dark Meta Knight is a valid Echo option even after we added Bandana Waddle Dee indicates to me Impa's presence wouldn't prevent us from getting one non-Echo Zelda fighter.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Job #56: New Echo Moves

Dark Samus: Down Smash: Phazon Tentacles

DarkSamusWiiU_2.png

From her appearance as an Assist Trophy in Smash 4, Dark Samus' new down smash is an eruption of Phazon tentacles that cover both sides around her. It's not overly different functionally from your typical down-smash, but it brings over her most notable move from 4.

Daisy: Neutral Special: Flowerbed Return

While named after and visually inspired by her Defensive Power Shot from Mario Power Tennis, this is an original move designed to play into her combo game. This is effectively a charge move that can be canceled, but not stored. Once you hit B, a flowerbed of daisies begins to grow, extending quickly forward but slowing with distance. When you hit B again or the flowers reach their maximum distance from Daisy, a large flower will sprout at the end of the flowerbed, which knocks enemies back toward Daisy. It can't be used again until the flowerbed disappears. Use it in the middle of combos to hit enemies you just knocked away back toward you for another round!

Dark Samus: Final Smash: Metroid Prime

Metroid_Prime_mp1_Artwork_01.png

Dark Samus transforms back into her original form, Metroid Prime, and shoots a wide variety of fiery, electric, and icy blasts forward. While this is happening, players control a cursor. Pressing A or B will shoot the Snare Beam, a green electric beam similar to the Grapple Beam. If it hits, it'll drag your opponents right into the line of fire.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
December - Game Awards Reveal with a third party newcomer plus a third party echo fighter (think of the Incineroar reveal retailer with Ken but if Incineroar was....Geno...or Doomslayer or something lol)
To be clear on this one, does the 3rd party echo have to be an echo of the other fighter being revealed or can it be an echo of anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom