• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To be clear on this one, does the 3rd party echo have to be an echo of the other fighter being revealed or can it be an echo of anyone?
Echo of another third party fighter. I know we got both Simon and Richter together but I feel it would be fun to see two forces collide. This third party character will a 50-70% Echo so more in the vein of Chrom and Ken. That being said, it’s still a little bit away and I’m considering allowing people to make a pairing submission (a 3rd party newcomer plus an echo based on the 3rd party echo)

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Yes, it’s ok as it’s still open
Ok, let's do this.
Daisy Down Special: Crystal Smash

Daisy would do her super move from Mario Strikers Charged as her down b. She would punch the ground, which spawns orange crystals on either side of her. Getting hit by them would launch you and also slow you down. When used in the air, Daisy puts her fist under herself and charges down (similar to Kirby's down B, but slower).

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We have been getting a lot of repeats. This is just about the third time Crystal Smash was suggested. Also, ahemtoday ahemtoday , I should of made it more clear but since around 4 people suggested that as Dark Samus’ new move, we are going with that one.

That being said, we will probably do the same for Crystal Smash for Daisy.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
We have been getting a lot of repeats. This is just about the third time Crystal Smash was suggested. Also, ahemtoday ahemtoday , I should of made it more clear but since around 4 people suggested that as Dark Samus’ new move, we are going with that one.

That being said, we will probably do the same for Crystal Smash for Daisy.
honestly I feel like it's a tad unfair to go with the most common suggestion as it doesn't really give other ideas a fair shot

you could say that they would probably win, but for all we know people are simply holding off on suggesting them because they're repeats

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
honestly I feel like it's a tad unfair to go with the most common suggestion as it doesn't really give other ideas a fair shot

you could say that they would probably win, but for all we know people are simply holding off on suggesting them because they're repeats
Going through the submissions, four people submitted her phazon tendril thing. I felt we are pretty unified in that front why I made the express decision to go with that.

As for Crystal Smash, if anyone has another idea, please submit it and we can get to voting.
Nevermind, we can proceed with voting for Daisy’s moves.

Thankfully, Dark Samus got tons of Final Smash ideas so we can proceed to voting with that. I will be compiling the submissions and closing them within six hours.

Voting for the Echo will end in 12 hours

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
As for Crystal Smash, if anyone has another idea, please submit it and we can get to voting. Thankfully, Dark Samus got tons of Final Smash ideas so we can proceed to voting with that. I will be compiling the submissions and closing them within six hours.
well i've seen a few other ideas for a Daisy move if that's what you mean

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Daisy Final Smash: Daisy Cruiser

Daisy spins and says “It’s cruise time” and vanishes. Suddenly, from the right, a large ship comes sailing in. The ship has with her name, face, and Sarasaland Tourism Department smacked on the hull. The shop will proceed forward; smashing into anyone who happens to be in the path of the ship and then launches them. The ship will move from the right to the left before vanishing out of the blast lines. Following this, Daisy will reappear but, as an added bonus, she is wearing a beach hat which she takes off to put on her crown.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Due to an overwhelming amount of submissions, we decided to make the Phazon Tendril her new Smash attack. That being said, please check the poll to decide whether this is an Up or Down Smash.

In addition, SharkLord SharkLord ‘s Final Smash for Richter, Hydro Storm, wins by default.

Dark Samus’ New Final Smash

Please vote for your top two favorite and please don’t vote for your own:

Aurora Unit 313 Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Metroid Prime Otoad64 Otoad64
Metroid Prime Perkilator Perkilator
Metroid Prime @Ahemtoday
Leviathan SharkLord SharkLord

I suppose I should have got after people for submitting Metroid Prime 3 times...

Daisy’s New Special Move

Golf Putt Otoad64 Otoad64
Daisy Spike cashregister9 cashregister9
Superball Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Superball GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
Crystal Smash Yiptap Yiptap
Flowerbed Return ahemtoday ahemtoday

Daisy Final Smash

Special Shot Otoad64 Otoad64
Crystal Smash C chocolatejr9
Daisy Dance GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
Daisy
Cruiser Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Dark Samus Final Smash:
Perkilator's Metroid Prime

Daisy Specials:
Wario Wario Wario's Superball
Flowerbed Return

Daisy Final Smash:
Daisy Cruiser
Crystal Smash

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Dark Samus Final Smash:
Aurora Unit 313 (Venus)
Leviathan (SharkLord)

Daisy Special:
Superball (GoodGrief)

Daisy Final Smash:
Daisy Cruiser (Venus)
Daisy Dance (GoodGrief)

Paraster

Smash Lord
Dark Samus Final Smash
Aurora Unit 313
Metroid Prime (Perkilator)

Daisy Special
Superball (GoodGriel741)
Flowerbed Return

Daisy Final Smash
Special Shot
Daisy Dance (though I think it might be prudent to buff it by making the flowers only consumable by Daisy (or just healing her automatically) and/or having the flower effect be more powerful than usual)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Dark Samus Final Smash
Venus' Aurora Unit
Ahemtoday's Metroid Prime

Daisy Special Move
Wario X3's Superball
Otoad64's Golf Putt

Daisy Final Smash
Otoad64's Special Shot
chocolatejr's Crystal Smash

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The results are in and we got our next Echo Fighter! This develish fame is sure to cause problems for our heroes! And her Guidance is sure to be epic! Our next fighter is...

Ninten Otoad64 Otoad64 4
Black Knight @CheeseAnton 3
Tom Nook cashregister9 cashregister9 3
The Ancient Magister @The Fantasy Smasher 2
Impa @Golden Icarus 7
Alph SmasherMaster SmasherMaster 6
Felix airConditioner airConditioner 5
Paula Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 2
Medusa Krookodilian Krookodilian 8
Dark Bowser BowserKing BowserKing 0
Funky Kong Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 7
Dark Meta Knight @Smashing Ramen 4
Digby Commander_Alph Commander_Alph 4
Demise Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 2
Yarn Yoshi Yiptap Yiptap 1
Hilda @Mushroomguy12 2
Gooigi Jomosensual Jomosensual 2
Black Shadow GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 5

Medusa

Yes, the original boss of Kid Icarus is joining Smash as Palutena’s Echo fighter! This not adds in our fourth female character (Octoling, Stylist, and Ashley coming before) but also our very first true villain! This character was submitted by Krookodilian Krookodilian so I would like to ask them to prepare a write up on Medusa and how she would play and any particular effects that she has that differs from Palutena. Mind you, she is a 100% echo but in the same vein that Dark Samus was a 100% Echo of Samus but also had Phazon effects to her attacks. We will also submit her miscellaneous information like before. You can expect that to be posted in the hour.​

We will be doing several more jobs before jumping into our next character sometime next week.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Dark Samus FS: Aora Unit 313 and Leviathan
Daisy Specials: Wawawa's Superball and Flowerbed Return
Daisy FS: Crystal Smash and Cruiser

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Medusa

Medusa Moveset
Since Medusa is supposed to be a 100% echo, she would obviously play like Palutena, and share the same moves, but has different effects. The symbol that appears above Palutena in most of her attacks (the one in her amiibo) would be removed in all of Medusa's attacks. I'm not sure if we ever see Medusa's staff light up, but I assume it would be red, so for attacks like neutral air and forward tilt there would be a red light trail instead of a blue one. All of Palutena's moves with light effects or light magic would be replaced with darkness. All the feather effects would be removed as well.

Grab: Identical to Palutena's.
Pummel: Identical to Palutena's.
Throws: Identical to Palutena's.
Ledge Attack: Identical to Palutena's.
Get Up: Identical to Palutena's.
Dash Attack: Identical to Palutena's, but no invicibilty since Medusa doesn't have a shield.

Jab: Identical but with Medusa's staff.
Forward Tilt: Identical but with Meduas's staff.
Up Tilt: Identical but with Medusa's staff.
Down Tilt: Identical but with Medusa's staff.

Forward Aerial: Identical to Palutena's.
Neutral Aerial: Identical to Palutena's.
Back Aerial: Identical to Palutena's. No invcibilty since Medusa doesn't have a shield, but same animation and damage.
Down Aerial: Identical to Palutena's.
Up Aerial: Since Palutena's Halo is removed in Medusa's moveset, she will instead attack with her snakes which will bite in a frenzy. This is probably the most different of her moves, but the function is the same. (I think its close enough to fit within the prompt)

Forward Smash: Would be identical, but use the wings from Thanatos's chariot.
Down Smash: Would be identical, but use the wings from Thanatos's chariot.
Sans titre 1.png

MNJq6Mc.png
Up Smash: Identical to Palutena's but deep red. It would have the darkness effect instead of the magic effect which Palutena's currently has.

Neutral Special: Eye Turret. Same Function as Palutena's Neutral Special, but would use this aesthetics of the eye turret's from her boss battle
Up Special: Teleport. Same Function as Palutena's Up Special, but with the special effects from her boss battle
Side Special: Dark Mines. Same Function as Palutena's side special, but takes the appearance of the dark mines from her boss fight. Wouldn't deal fire damage, and would instead have the darkness effect.
Down Special: Counter. Identical to Palutena's (I Couldn't find a dark equivalent from her boss fight)

Final Smash: Monstrous Medusa. Medusa will detach her head, and it will fly forward sending any opponent hit to a cutscene final smash. Once in the cutscene opponents will face an onslaught from Medusa's army before being hit with a final laser from Medusa. Medusa's Head will fly back to Medusa'a body and the battle will resume.

On-Screen Appearance

Idle Animations

Taunts
1. Down Taunt: Medusa leaves her staff to float and maliciously looks at her side in a thinking pose, like she's plotting something. A little nod to one of her Kid Icarus: Uprising sprites. Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto

Victory Poses

Losing Pose Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Medusa begrudingly and slowly claps insincerely, while her snakes angrily hiss at the victor. If Medusa gets second place against a character without a looping victory theme the hisses will be audible.

Victory Theme Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto

Kirby Hat Jomosensual Jomosensual
Kirby turns a shade of white/grey and gains snake hair

Boxing Ring cashregister9 cashregister9
Goddess Of Darkness

Audience Cheer Krookodilian Krookodilian
MEDUSSS-A! MEDUSSS-A!
(the long s is like a snake hiss)

Classic Mode Route Paraster Paraster

Medusa Classic Mode: "Extinguish the Light"
Medusa fights characters that are holy or based on light in some way.

Round 1: vs. [Mythra] on [insert name of XB2 stage here] (Zanza the Divine)
Round 2: vs. :ultjigglypuff: on Spear Pillar (Battle! Chairman Rose)
Round 3: vs. :ultpeach: :ultrosalina: on Rainbow Road (Slide [Remix])
Round 4: vs. :ultzelda: :ultlink: on Temple (Ballad of the Goddess [Remix])
Round 5: vs. :ultsimon: :ultrichter: on Dracula's Castle (Vampire Killer [Original])
Round 6: vs. :ultpit::ultpalutena: on Palutena's Temple (Boss Fight 1 - Kid Icarus: Uprising)
Final Round: vs. View attachment 304037 View attachment 304038 on Skyworld (Ω form) (Master Hand / Crazy Hand)

Please submit content for a single category to ensure that everyone gets a chance to include. I will let people know that they can submit further content after some time has passed.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I’m not pleased that Dark Bowser got no votes (this would not have happened if we are allowed to vote for our own)

But anyways for Dark Samus’s Final Smash, Leviathan and Aurora Unit 313
For Daisy’s specials: Golf Putt and Daisy Spike
For Daisy’s Final Smash: Daisy Cruiser and Special Shot

Paraster

Smash Lord
Medusa Classic Mode: "Extinguish the Light"
Medusa fights characters that are holy or based on light in some way.

Round 1: vs. :ultmythra: on Cloud Sea of Alrest (Zanza the Divine)
Round 2: vs. :ultjigglypuff: on Spear Pillar (Battle! Chairman Rose)
Round 3: vs. :ultpeach: :ultrosalina: on Rainbow Road (Slide [Remix])
Round 4: vs. :ultzelda: :ultlink: on Temple (Ballad of the Goddess [Remix])
Round 5: vs. :ultsimon: :ultrichter: on Dracula's Castle (Vampire Killer [Original])
Round 6: vs. :ultpit::ultpalutena: on Palutena's Temple (Boss Fight 1 - Kid Icarus: Uprising)
Final Round: vs.
1613746390569.png
1613746396248.png
on Skyworld (Ω form) (Master Hand / Crazy Hand)

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Dark Samus Final Smash
Aurora Unti 313
Leviathan

Daisy's new special
Good Grief's Superball
Otoad64's Golf Putt

Daisy's new Final Smash
Special Shot
Daisy Cruiser

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Dark Samus Final Smash:
Auroura Unit 313
Leviathan

Daisy New move:
Crystal Smash
Superball (Goodgrief741)

Daisy Final Smash:
Daisy Cruiser
Crystal Smash

I'll be writing up Meduas's overview soon. I haven't played KI:U before, so anyone who has, and has any ideas they really like, feel free to pm me them.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Medusa Moveset
Since Medusa is supposed to be a 100% echo, she would obviously play like Palutena, and share the same moves, but has different effects. The symbol that appears above Palutena in most of her attacks (the one in her amiibo) would be removed in all of Medusa's attacks. I'm not sure if we ever see Medusa's staff light up, but I assume it would be red, so for attacks like neutral air and forward tilt there would be a red light trail instead of a blue one. All of Palutena's moves with light effects or light magic would be replaced with darkness. All the feather effects would be removed as well.

Grab: Identical to Palutena's.
Pummel: Identical to Palutena's.
Throws: Identical to Palutena's.
Ledge Attack: Identical to Palutena's.
Get Up: Identical to Palutena's.
Dash Attack: Identical to Palutena's, but no invicibilty since Medusa doesn't have a shield.

Jab: Identical but with Medusa's staff.
Forward Tilt: Identical but with Meduas's staff.
Up Tilt: Identical but with Medusa's staff.
Down Tilt: Identical but with Medusa's staff.

Forward Aerial: Identical to Palutena's.
Neutral Aerial: Identical to Palutena's.
Back Aerial: Identical to Palutena's. No invcibilty since Medusa doesn't have a shield, but same animation and damage.
Down Aerial: Identical to Palutena's.
Up Aerial: Since Palutena's Halo is removed in Medusa's moveset, she will instead attack with her snakes which will bite in a frenzy. This is probably the most different of her moves, but the function is the same. (I think its close enough to fit within the prompt)

Forward Smash: Would be identical, but use the wings from Thanatos's chariot.
Down Smash: Would be identical, but use the wings from Thanatos's chariot.
Sans titre 1.png

MNJq6Mc.png
Up Smash: Identical to Palutena's but deep red. It would have the darkness effect instead of the magic effect which Palutena's currently has.

Neutral Special: Eye Turret. Same Function as Palutena's Neutral Special, but would use this aesthetics of the eye turret's from her boss battle
Up Special: Teleport. Same Function as Palutena's Up Special, but with the special effects from her boss battle
Side Special: Dark Mines. Same Function as Palutena's side special, but takes the appearance of the dark mines from her boss fight. Wouldn't deal fire damage, and would instead have the darkness effect.
Down Special: Counter. Identical to Palutena's (I Couldn't find a dark equivalent from her boss fight)

Final Smash: Monstrous Medusa. Medusa will detach her head, and it will fly forward sending any opponent hit to a cutscene final smash. Once in the cutscene opponents will face an onslaught from Medusa's army before being hit with a final laser from Medusa. Medusa's Head will fly back to Medusa'a body and the battle will resume.
1613756927852.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom