• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Funky Kong and K. Rool's Revenge, because I want a linear 3D platforming DK game more than Sonic Adventure 3
Tingle and Tingle Warriors, because there's a chance Morshu could be playable
Spring Man and Arms 2, because I think an ARMS movie has the potential to be unironically incredible

Paraster

Smash Lord
New Fighter/Game
Akira and Astral Chain Sigma: Code Blue
Edelgard and Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Crowns
Dixie Kong and Donkey Kong Country: K. Rool's Return

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Tingle and Tingle Warriors
Dixie Kong and Donkey Kong Country: K. Rool's Return
Lyn and Fire Emblem Echoes: Ashes of Elibe

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
1. Giovanni and Pokémon Let’s Go: Team Rocket Strikes Back
2. Dixie Kong and Donkey Kong Country: K. Rool’s Return
3. Tingle and Tingle Warriors

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
1. Lyndis and Fire Emblem Echoes: Ashes of Elibe
2. Ashley and Fame & Wario (and Wario: Master of Disguise 2)
3. Tingle and Tingle Warriors

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
1. Rhythm Girl and Rhythm Heaven Jukebox
2. Lyndis and Fire Emblem Echoes: Ashes of Elibe
3. Rex and Xenoblade Warriors

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Rex and Xenoblade Warriors
2. Lyndis and Fire Emblem Echoes: Ashes of Elibe
3. Ring Fit Trainer and Ring Fit Plus

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I like that we haven't seen anyone rejected the idea of a yet another Fire Emblem character, we really are in the mind of Masahiro Sakurai.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
1. Akira Howard and Astral Chain Sigma: Code Blue
2. Edelgard and Fire Emblem: Three Crowns
3. Dixie Kong and Donkey Kong Country: K. Rool's Return

also love how stylist has the most main votes lol

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I like that we haven't seen anyone rejected the idea of a yet another Fire Emblem character, we really are in the mind of Masahiro Sakurai.
Like I said, we should just get it out of the way. We all know there's gonna be a new FE rep in this game. Heck, I bet these time-traveling messages from Nintendo will SPECIFICALLY tell us to add an FE rep at some point.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
or maybe people just aren't talking about it because there is no reason to
I mean I expected someone to say it because Smash, as many people say, suffered from a case of treating Fire Emblem like a Pokemon (New entry = new character)

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Like I said, we should just get it out of the way. We all know there's gonna be a new FE rep in this game. Heck, I bet these time-traveling messages from Nintendo will SPECIFICALLY tell us to add an FE rep at some point.
Honestly yeah. If we don't get one of the three FE reps, I'm half-expecting Venus to drop an FE job on us and call it "Contractual Obligations."

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. Rhythm Girl + Rhythm Heaven Jukebox
2. Ring Fit Trainee + Ring Fit Adventure Plus
3. Lyn + Fire Emblem Echoes: Ashes of Elibe

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Oh, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , want to double-check something real quick. Would the fighter have some original content from the hypothetical sequel, or will we limit it solely to official content? Joker at least had the Grappling Hook from Royal months before its reveal, but I can understand if you feel adding original content would be too chaotic.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Honestly yeah. If we don't get one of the three FE reps, I'm half-expecting Venus to drop an FE job on us and call it "Contractual Obligations."
This saves me the trouble of dropping an FE job lol. Wait...crap...wasn’t supposed to say that. But if you guys vote for a Poké rep, this also kills 2 birds with one stone. Ah...double crap. Nintendo is going to censure me for sure.

Oh, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , want to double-check something real quick. Would the fighter have some original content from the hypothetical sequel, or will we limit it solely to official content? Joker at least had the Grappling Hook from Royal months before its reveal, but I can understand if you feel adding original content would be too chaotic.
We will be adding a small amount of original content into the character’s build. I will address that when we get there.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
This saves me the trouble of dropping an FE job lol. Wait...crap...wasn’t supposed to say that. But if you guys vote for a Poké rep, this also kills 2 birds with one stone. Ah...double crap. Nintendo is going to censure me for sure.

We will be adding a small amount of original content into the character’s build. I will address that when we get there.
Wait, is that why those ninjas showed up at my door asking if I knew where you lived? Um... yeah, you might wanna start running.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #46: Submit Game Improvements

I intended to have us include this in the E3 Direct but we will instead plug this into the August Direct.

Please submit game improvements that would become with the launched version of the game. For now, we will include three categories so please submit a single improvement to anyone of these categories. You can choose to just submit one or do all three. Please just submit one per category. There will be three total submissions.

Mechanic Improvements

This would benefit the mechanics of the game. Inclusions back during Ultimate included Perfect Shielding, directional air dodges, and the Final Smash meter. These improvements will benefit character gameplay, inputs, and toolkits for charqcters.

Graphical Improvements
This would benefit the effects of the game. This includes the confetti when being KO’d, the barrier side window, and being able to see particular attributes in a character HUD window. These effect the appearance of the overall game

Game Mode Improvements
Much like how Ultimate had us pick the stage first before the characters or how Sudden Death matches zoomed in on the players the more time has passed, we will be submitting improvements to the current game modes. The current games modes are as follows:
- Classic Mode
-Training Mode
-Versus battles and all their variations (stock, stamina, timed, special)
-Home-run Contest
-Spirit Battles

Note: Stage Builder will return but that will be an entirely different job so please don’t include that. We will also have an Adventure Mode but we will focus on that later on when we get closer to our April Smash Direct Extravaganza

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #46: Mechanical?
Pokeball and Assist Trophy Direct Toggle
UntitledYay.png

For those times you want to play casually, but there are still some Pokemon/AT that are just annoying or unpleasant to everyone. These are the ones that are annoying, and you want to ban (for example, let's say Nintendog as all they do is block the screen, generally annoying and unpleasant, even to the summoner). Now, in the items menu by pressing, Y(?) on a Pokeball or AT you can directly toggle which Pokemon/AT are allowed in battle and which are banned

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job #46: Improving Classic Mode
  • How far you progress on the difficulty scale now depends on the context of the route (for example, if you ate a ton of food in Kirby's route, you could go up to .8 per match if, say, you started on 2.0)
    • However, this only applies to the more gimmicky routes; most routes increase the scale depending on, for example, how long you survive at high damage
  • Each route now has 9 rounds before a boss instead of 6
    • After every 3rd round, a Bonus Game; the first is a Target Test depending on the current intensity, and the second one is the same one from Ultimate, but now with different layouts depending on the character you play as
  • For each round, the timer is done away with completely
  • You can now have up to 6 lives no matter the character, like how it used to be in Brawl

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #46
Game Mode: My Music playlists
Remember that utterly useless music playlist function from Ultimate? Let’s give it a shake-up. Now there’s a set list of playlists and each one applies to a stage. You can add any song to any playlist and even remove the pre-set playlist songs. This allows you to add new songs to a stage - Always thought Gangplank Galleon was a good fit for Pirate Ship? Want to bring the Golden Sun Brawl remix back to Norfair where it belongs? How about juxtaposing the serenity of Swan Lesson with the chaos of Mario Bros? Want to rock with the biggity Buck Bumble on EVERY SINGLE stage? Wanna remove 25M BGM because your annoying friend chooses it every time? You can do it! Despite being called “playlists” a single song will still play in a single battle (not taking into account Stage Morph)

Mechanical: Unified dodges
Now every character has the same dodge length...s! Depending on how long you hold the direction you made your character dodge the longer and further they’ll dodge for. Hold it long to get out of a pinch, or hold it short to instantly get back to whoopin’ your foes!

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Graphical Improvement: Icons on Hero's down B (or any other reading-related move we put in the game)
Basically, when Hero activates his Command Selection, there will be a little icon next to the name of the move (say, a fiery sword next to Flame Slash, or a dark orb next to Whack). This would activate no matter what language you have on. This would help competitive players choose an attack more quickly, help newer players understand more clearly what each move does, and-most importantly-settle the glaring issue of the language barrier of Hero's Command Selection. (Here's a low quality thing from Google Images to show you what I mean)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 46

GRAPHICAL - Battle Damage, the higher your percentage gets, the more dirt, scars, and tears will appear on your character and character's clothes. Anywhere from Meta Knight's Mask and Sword getting cracked to Link's Tunic getting torn in half. It can be toggled

GAME MODE - Spirits, There are a lot of spirit battles out there and while you can re-fight some of them you have to select one individually, that is why I propose "SPIRIT REMIX" once this mode is entered you fight a random assortment of spirits in a random order in a fashion similar to WarioWare and like WarioWare you can only get KO'd A certain Number of times before you lose the remix, You can even create your own themed remixes and share and play them online!

MECHANICAL - Perfect Dodges, If you dodge at a precise moment before a move hits you, that dodge goes a farther distance.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Game Mode Improvements: Training Mode
Training Mode is, without a doubt, the best it has ever been in Ultimate-but it has some issues. Which I'll start fixing now.
#1: CPU Direction Influence Influence (that name will make sense in a bit)
If you have ever labbed out combos in Training Mode, you'll know how annoying it can be to only be able to practice against an opponent that doesn't DI (watch this video if you need an explanation on what it is). Well, now you can go into the settings and change the DI of your CPU opponent. Available are:
Straight up
Straight down
Up and away
Up and in
Down and away
Down and in
There's way more that I'm definitely missing but I don't feel like typing them, you get the idea anyways. It's gonna help competitive players nail their combos and that's good.
#2: Music restart fix
Always annoyed by how, when you press L+R+A (or whatever the combination is) in training mode, the music resets? Well, by going into options you can change that! Now you can listen to the absolute banger Angel Island Zone's Brawl remix in its entirety while you warm up before a tournament or jam to Flat Zone while you play around with Assist Trophies, without the annoying resets.
#3: More CPU behaivoral options
This goes in line with what I said earlier about DI. Now, along with stuff like Walk and Neutral B, your CPU has new adjustable behaviors. Those being:
Short hop
Jump+attack forward aerial (basically just a buffered short hop fair)
Shield
Parry (will shield, and automatically parry all of your attacks)
Camp (basically, they will sit at one end of the stage and spam their projectiles and whiff safe aerials, which can help prepare someone for dealing with camping in an actual match).
Taunt
#4: Combo Tutorial
This is my favorite. When activated, Master Hand will pop up, and he will run you through a tutorial for doing combos, from beginner to intermediate to expert, custom-made for each character! This is very much like a feature from Pokken Tournament and its so brilliant that I couldn't just not put it here. Basically Master Hand will appear and, with a textbox, tell you a combo (for example, Terry's first one would be Jab-Jab-Down B). After you successfully preform it on the CPU, Master Hand will move on to the next one. From the Training Mode settings, there's Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert courses to choose from. And, you can always exit the Combo Tutorial simply by pressing +.
#5: Infinite Assist Trophies/Pokeballs/Items (no awkward hand movements required)
You know when people found that weird glitch in Ultimate with Isabelle that spawned infinite Assist Trophies and we all had fun for a week or so before it got patched? Well, now it's a mechanic and it works for Pokeballs and Items as well! Simply go into the Training Mode settings and click the button that allows you to spawn Big The Cat to your heart's content-choose to spawn 10, 20, or however many your system can handle. However, a warning is given when activating this feature, letting you know that it can potentially crash your game or just make it lag a lot.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 46:

Game Mode Improvements - Classic Mode

so, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that ultimate's bonus game is boring and repetitive, so let's fix that

now, instead of ultimate's bonus game, you now get one of three different bonus games, they include:

Break the Targets!

Board the Platforms!

and

Race to the Finish!

all returning, in their greatest form, I'm talking unique stages for every character. I know that sounds like it would take up a lot of resources, but the assets would be reused between 3 or 4 variants, making them easy to produce.

oh, and not that it matters but the music would be a remix of the Smash 64 bonus theme as a nice touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom