• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK South and South West Thread (Brawl and Melee)

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
I'll be spending the next two weeks in Brighton on a language trip, I might be up for some melee if I get some time off if anyone's interested.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
I'll be there between the 16th and the 29th. Like I said though, it really depends on whether I can get some leisure time or not since there will be quite a few activities w/ the group.

Will post here again once I know the schedule.

VA

Smash Hero
To Brighton to play melee? You'll be most welcome in September when I move into my house but I won't be here from 27th of June through to 19th September. Add me on msn ;)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
if you live in guildford then you can always play me or one of the guys from Croydon.

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
Christ...It's been almost 2 years since i last posted. Jesus. Good to see some new players on here as well as the oldun's. Some of you may know me, some may not. Either way it doesn't matter but HI...lol
Thought this was the best place to post considering it's South-West and funnily enough---I'm in the SW.
I'm gonna be making a return to competitive Melee but need people to play. Currently I have no form of Transport but relatively soon I will. I just wanna know if there are any players near Wiltshire (or even better, in Wiltshire) that wanna play? My msn is Malevolance@hotmail.com or just pop me an email on here. Cheers guys...
DSD9

Kone

Smash Master
good lad dan, really good to see you back, you quit when you were within touching distance of being really fooking good. hopefully u can pick up from where u left of. However, still dont know how many players youll find in your area to be honest :/ swizzy and robby are there for the summer thats all i know.then theres the southampton lot.

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
There's gotta be someone out there ED lad....Ha ha. **** it..
Hmmm, maybe i'll get lucky. If not then i'll just have to go to the London regulars and come up to Brighton when your there and i have a car again. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Or like you said the Southampton boys. That's be a nice change ^__^

Kone

Smash Master
Hmm find out where swizzy lives, hes robbys mate but is cool and plays a very good ganon. Not sure if he is only around your area in the summer and then shoots of for uni tho :./

Kone

Smash Master
oh and robby maybe about. hes like one of the top uk players now so dont feel bad if hes winning alot lol get games in with him man as hell mad get you up to speed :)

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
Cheers Ed, hopefully a few people will let me know on here. That'd be cool. I'll try and get hold of Robby and Swizzy though i've no idea who this Swizzy is...Lol..
SWIZZY-SWIZZY-WHERE FOR ART THOU SMASH GAME...?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Hey Dan, long time no see. Basically what Ed said is right. You've got Swizzy and VA in Devon and me and a few others in Southampton (but only me atm cos the rest are students). there is a player called LJ in Bristol and Jam is still playing and still in Brighton.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
There's gotta be someone out there ED lad....Ha ha. **** it..
Hmmm, maybe i'll get lucky. If not then i'll just have to go to the London regulars and come up to Brighton when your there and i have a car again. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Or like you said the Southampton boys. That's be a nice change ^__^
Us londoners have an event on the 1st August and the 29th of August which are in the London Monthlies thread. You should try to make that.
Plus us Londoners have the best players in the UK and the highest quality of players on an averge so it would be good for you to come down here and get a lot of practice to both of these events.
Fuzzyness is hosting the event and I'm pretty sure you know him.

Bristols_link64

Smash Cadet
Funny how I get pointed in the direction of this board and Dan makes a return =P.

I've never really been in the competitive smash scene but I would like to make a start. If you can't tell by the name I'm from Bristol :<. I've never had anyone around me who could play smash at a high level.

I'm willing to play both Brawl and melee and I recently passed my driving test So I can travel aswell. only problem for me is finding the time off work to do so (Or just going on my days off)

Anyway ill leave my email. james64@live.co.uk

Send me an email if you are close by and up for some games. Like I said though I haven't really gone into competitive smash so I'm not going to lie and say I'm amazing. Really i'm looking for someone good to learn from and just get better overall.

Kone

Smash Master
Do you know dan? there is a guy named L-J that lives in bristol, he is just starting to get gpretty good at melee. There is also caleb in bristol but he hasnt been involved for sometime. Maybe if a scene started up he may. I know dan used to live not that far away from bristol but think he moved and is quite far away now....dan?

Other than that if you are prepared to travel there is quite a few players in the manchester area, a couple in birmingham. London has a very healthy community in both brawl and melee and meet regularly. Other than that there are national melee tournaments infrequently (atm) and there was just one gone. I may host at the end of aug 9sort've unlikely atm).

Hopefully LJ posts as I believe he is the only person likely to be closy by for you to play soon/regular.

Ed

Bristols_link64

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot for the quick reply =).

I just sent L-j a pm to see if we can sort out some matches or what not. I don't think Ill travel to tournaments or anything just yet. I don't think I'm quite good enough for anything like that yet.

Maybe after playing a few games with someone who actually knows what they are doing will be good for me xP. But yes I think Dan use to live in Bridgewater when I come on a couple of years ago haha. Still he is only about an hours drive away now. So I could still do that.

Anyway I look foward to actualy getting out there. Should be a shock to my system to play people who are actualy good haha.

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah thats dan, dont think he lives there anymore tho :(. Bit further away. Anyway, tournaments arent all about being ultra competitive. Its a good way tog et to know the community, sociliase and in general the best place to actually learn the game. A lot of melee is about getting as much experience as possible against as many players as possible. Tournaments allow that the most (esp with friendlies) and are the best bet if you want to improve at a decent rate.

Yeah @ speddy response. Bored at work like!

Bristols_link64

Smash Cadet
Well if thats the case Ill see if I can make the next one. Didn't want to turn up get my *** beat really bad and get laughed out of the room haha.

But yes I've only really ever played a couple of friends in Melee and it gets to the point when you know exactly what they are going to do before they do it. Just because you have played them so many times.

Brawl gave me the chance to play others online but you know I don't have to get into how bad brawls online is haha.

Well Ill start getting into melee again then. I can guarentee ill find the transistion from brawl a little weird at first so I better get used to it again haha.

I'll also be leaving for work shortly so if there are any tournaments coming up or anything like that just drop me a PM.

Thanks again =P

monty06

Smash Ace
im in yeovil about 1hr half away from bristol drive, and dans in burnham on sea i believe

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
Thanks pro,bullet,monty and link for getting back to me.i don't live very far away from bristol at all.probably about half hours drive.so link,if you fancied meeting up and working on your game then i'm all for that but i'll drop you an email instead of spamming on here.pro-as for coming to the London monthlies,as soon as i can i'll be down there.ED-i'm in wiltshire now which is only 50 miles from my old address.unlike your 500miles ahh hurry up and move,lol.hopefully we can get this LJ kiddy interested in meeting up too.

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
get in quick.lol.sounds like a last minute,teletext,holiday deal.hehe.well i can only wait for him to get in contact really.have already mailed bristol-link,james so have to wait and see.

COEY

Smash Lord
Haha i get my net back and Dans posting, after i havent even seen him since ROS4 :(

Nice to see you back man, you think you fancy taking on the number 2 ranked player in SDB? :p

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
Yeah don't worry James it'll be groovy beans mate.Ed was referring to my build rather than my melee prowess.lol..so james,you still coming down tomorrow for a proper session?

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
Ha ha. Yeah being fearful of someone half my size is rare...But your Jordie banter frightens me. It's too good. Like genetically modified crack (not the drug) .lol.

Top Bottom