• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK South and South West Thread (Brawl and Melee)

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
Hurricane Rev

brawl is so limited i would just need to go MK and **** you !

then i will upload you and your convert you into a melee.dat file

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I'm from nearby Plymouth, I would like to know where the nearest smashfest is but I'm guessing Southhampton.

Da Man / DM / 3566-4774-2871

Oh I only play Brawl now, Melee is so 2007.
I only play virtual reality games now, sport is so last century.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I think I'll just leave this here and then I'll be off...
MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

But seriously Melee is the better game and it's bigger than Brawl in the UK maybe possibly YEZ goodbye.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
Hurricane Rev

brawl is so limited i would just need to go MK and **** you !

then i will upload you and your convert you into a melee.dat file
errrrrr no. Brawl is not limited. Plus, you haven't seen me play before. I will never convert to Melee.

Melee is a better game.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I think I'll just leave this here and then I'll be off...
MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

But seriously Melee is the better game and it's bigger than Brawl in the UK maybe possibly YEZ goodbye.
Melee isn't better than Brawl IMO. Melee isn't bigger than brawl in the uk. It is just that NO ONE will do a Brawl tourney.

craiigg

Smash Lord
ok seriously this discussion is stupid

everyone knew it would happen but brawl nubs thinking they **** coming in and completely *****ing at the scene we've had since 04/05.

if you think brawl is a better game than melee in terms of competitive gameplay/scene/skill difference then someone needs to give you the biggest *****slap

also melee competitive scene in the UK IS BIGGER THAN BRAWL.
get your facts straight sons

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
ok seriously this discussion is stupid

everyone knew it would happen but brawl nubs thinking they **** coming in and completely *****ing at the scene we've had since 04/05.

if you think brawl is a better game than melee in terms of competitive gameplay/scene/skill difference then someone needs to give you the biggest *****slap

also melee competitive scene in the UK IS BIGGER THAN BRAWL.
get your facts straight sons
Like I care, it will always be Brawl>Melee.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
guys shut up, no more melee vs brawl talk, and it's a fact melee scene is still bigger than brawl. London itself has the biggest community of 40-60 players and at least 90% of them play melee so stfu

If anyone continues to deny facts, or continue arguing pointlessly like an idiot I'd be happy to give infractions. I don't want to see people trying to bash at people who don't play the same game

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Give them infractions hard and fast to those who do not choose to listen to the rules and carry on with these silly arugments about 'MELEE IS WAY BETTER' which is not true as the games are both equal.

I just want to apologize for that lie I just stated above this comment.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Out of curiousity what makes brawl a better game Da Man lol?
How is the game itself better. Don't talk about the game being newer or having online. Actually give us a reason with a few facts and talking about the actual game and compare it to how melee doesn't match up with it. I have a alot of reaons why melee is better then brawl but can you tell me reasons why the game brawl is better and more entertaining then the game melee.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Give them infractions hard and fast to those who do not choose to listen to the rules and carry on with these silly arugments about 'MELEE IS WAY BETTER' which is not true as the games are both equal.

I just want to apologize for that lie I just stated above this comment.
That I can agree with as long as it stop the arguements.

As for why I prefer (read: not think it's better) Brawl I can use my mains much better e.g Ness's PK Thunder and Flash are more easiler to control, Luigi doesn't slide about as much as he used to and the fact his missile doesn't go as far meaning less SDs.

Also: AUTO GRAB, so now I don't have to worry which way i'm facing to grab the edge, and there's no wave dashing which we won't get into a debate about.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
lol enough Brawl vs Melee for these reasons- 1. It's pointless 2. We've heard it all before 3. It's down to opinion if someone prefers one game you can't say they're 'wrong'

VA

Smash Hero
ew these pics just remind me of my shoddy performance at that tournament.

Why aren't there any pics of me looking hot?

VA

Smash Hero
They were quite close actually. It went to last stock high percent every game except the last where I really fell apart. But you'll notice me failing utter basics like waveshines. To be fair on charles he did do some pretty nice reads in the first game and the last.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lool When I spoke to him he said how it wasn't close and it was kinda **** and something about you not improving cos you aint playing anyone and that your combos were bad.
You should try to play us lot more if you wanna improve and get to our level, no offence.

VA

Smash Hero
lool When I spoke to him he said how it wasn't close and it was kinda **** and something about you not improving cos you aint playing anyone and that your combos were bad.
You should try to play us lot more if you wanna improve and get to our level, no offence.
Well when you see the vids you can judge for yourself. Also I don't really need to play all you guys to improve, I never have played you guys consistantly and I improved loads between GGT and GGT2.

VA

Smash Hero
so? even before that I always improved without practicing against "good" people. Also Swizzy is really good now, soon he'll be proper practice (albeit ganon only).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well when you see the vids you can judge for yourself. Also I don't really need to play all you guys to improve, I never have played you guys consistantly and I improved loads between GGT and GGT2.
True you did improve, but it doesn't seem like you are going to get on top out of people like Me, Fuzzyness, Chrisboi and Edwin (if he comes to an event) without other BETTER peoples practice. I'm guessing you don't wanna come down here and play us anyway so I dunno why I am asking lol.

P.S. We are ****, esp me.

Top Bottom