• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK Crew for SNY!

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
so... B:

1 KONE
2 BULLET BILL
3 DEATHGAZER
4 THE LUST
5 LJ
6 YENITHS
7 BLINKY
8 CLOCKMIRE
9 CRABMAN
(ROOM FOR ONE MORE, ALL THE ABOVE ARE CONFIRMED! last member should be a vote unless i'm missing someone)

COEY

Smash Lord
yea i think he will, he's got nothing better to be doing. think he's fed up with smash, whereas i'm raring to go tbh. i wish i had a cube atm cause i'd be on it now.

Kone

Smash Master
Dude I just spoke to him, he said he wants to go but struggling with cash. I just checked tickets on www.nationalexpress.com. There is two £3 tickets going out on the Monday;

14:40 18:00 3hrs 20min 0 View WC £3
20:00 22:50 2hrs 50min 0 View WC £3

(I can house you monday and get you from brum take you to venue. Saves you hassle getting bus on tuesday from brum city centre to venue and then walking).

Then on the way back on friday (though you could go thurs but more of a rush upto you).

15:00 18:05 3hrs 5min 0 View WC £3

There is also a £3 one at 7am and a £4 one at 8am.

Thats £6 return. Can I be cheeky Will and cash in the owed money from a while back please to help Joe get to SNY? Ill sort him out with money when he is down here :) (please dude ;)).

COEY

Smash Lord
no problem man with all that i've got work booked off so im good to go. only got 3 shifts left till then :)

don't worry i was gonna pay you back with interest anyways :)

Kone

Smash Master
Don't worry about interest just give me a manly hug and a beer ;). If you can sort Joe and his coach out (BOOK IT NOW LOL ;)) then that'll be ace. Don't want to miss having either of you at sny.

COEY

Smash Lord
i cant book mate im afraid till at least friday. my card doesnt work online :/

also i get paid cash in hand...

Kone

Smash Master
Urgh, can anyone pay for joe and wills coach to SNY? its £!2 return for both of them. Will is paying joe's part and will gets paid cash in hand and not till this friday. Which means he can't get into a back till at least saturday.

Will will pay back at the tournament. If you can I can post the journeys needed to be booked on nationalexpress.com.

J03

Smash Master
okies im going to attempt to book the following times (im not sure if ive enough in my bank to cover it and obv would need the money back when you come over this week... presuming you are xD)

Monday. 12.50-3.45
Friday. 19.00-9.35

EDIT: booked :). also im not fed up with smash, im fed up of not playing a variety of people

COEY

Smash Lord
if the returns at 1900 on fri then looks like im gonna have to cancel a dentist appointment. ah well.

COEY

Smash Lord
i dont mind too much ive got 3 in the next 4 weeks anyway. my teeth can take another bullet for the team.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
so... B:

1 KONE
2 BULLET BILL
3 DEATHGAZER
4 THE LUST
5 LJ
6 YENITHS
7 BLINKY
8 CLOCKMIRE
9 CRABMAN
(ROOM FOR ONE MORE, ALL THE ABOVE ARE CONFIRMED! last member should be a vote unless i'm missing someone)
Team B do we need to discuss who were gna use against who?
like if they have use X wel use Y or something like that. and which person out of the mains would play.

actually people on that list, Do you think its a good idea to name your strongest matchups so we can see which characters we can cover?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
how much has unreal improved since gt3? last time I played him he had a very hard time combating certain playstyles and adapting mid-match/mid-set, but maybe he's changd that.

j3ly

Smash Champion
Gotta be careful with absolutes like that, cos it's pretty debatable. In most cases you would be correct, but in this case it's not necessarily about how many people the player is better than, it's more about how they do against top players since those are the only type of players they will be playing.

So in this case, I reckon Prof's/Charles opinions are probably more important than tournament rankings.

unreal has played nobody but edwin fuzzyness and myself for the last month. in 2 days time we are going to spend 5 solid days playing with joanna dark fom france. team b is very weak, removing both falcons or sending one to the reserves would be massaivly beneficial.

unreal is adaptable too, having a fox and a falco at pretty much the same level. with a specialty in vs spacie/falcon matchup. you dont play spacie games with me unreal and deathgazer without learning a few tricks eh ;)

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Beast is pretty good too. He's gonna be in London this weekend so I think hold back on assigning that last spot until he's had a chance to play some of these people.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Unreal would get demolished by by top players, easily my easiest match last time I played him. Too much tech not enough spacing was all I could think
here's my list of potentialees,
Dacacia: probs the best of the rest imo, but lacks recent tournament rep. Has a good backup jiggs should he be countered to dreamland
Willz: next best after, but a third falcon?
Brado: jiggs, 'nuff said
pms: unconventional samus, could be tricky
jjlinyard: a forth fox?

j3ly

Smash Champion
Unreal would get demolished by by top players
here's my list of potentialees,
Dacacia: probs the best of the rest imo, but lacks recent tournament rep. Has a good backup jiggs should he be countered to dreamland
Willz: next best after, but a third falcon?
Brado: jiggs, 'nuff said
pms: unconventional samus, could be tricky
jjlinyard: a forth fox?
Dacacia - i sangbagged his *** with his own character in tournament and won. unreal DESTROYS me in marth dittos. enuf said. plus unreal has IWR tricks - all it took was 1 edwin tactic rinsed and repeated to beat dacacia. also i thought u had to pick chars b4 the games start? so he cant go jiggs

willz - .... not top level falcon gets hurt more than not top level fox. are you implying here that lewis wud get demolished, but somehow willz would not?

brado - ... meh, he is aite. nothing too bad to say, its hard to critique a person who plays a char nobody watches lmao

pemsmuh - well he is the 2nd best in tesco crew.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I'm saying unreal wasn't thinking at all in our match whereas Willz I see as a smart player, ironically probs cos of all the brawl.

I just think there are a few better candidates than unreal, and your frindship with him is clouding your judgement

j3ly

Smash Champion
no the fact that i senselessly **** most of team B is what is clouding my judgement. ur missing my point, unreal is the only member or the community that has spent time inbetween training hard against players at a top level. there is a small transition period between thinking like a scrub and thinking like a good player, and maybe only blinky has done that on team B. unreal would give a second player who actually has EXPERIENCE against high level players, discounting the lust but he jus gets *****

Tamoo

Smash Master
But apart from that, he has nothing backing him up, tournament wise, what was his showing at GT3?

If fuzzy both fuzzy and edwin could honestly say that they'd have a harder time against unreal than any of the players that I mentioned, then i may listen, may not agree but at least listen.

Other than that, forgive me for not being able to take your opinion on unreal 100% seriously considering how close you are to him and how much i, as you put it, 'senselessly *****' him last time i played him.

Kone

Smash Master
no the fact that i senselessly **** most of team B is what is clouding my judgement. ur missing my point, unreal is the only member or the community that has spent time inbetween training hard against players at a top level. there is a small transition period between thinking like a scrub and thinking like a good player, and maybe only blinky has done that on team B. unreal would give a second player who actually has EXPERIENCE against high level players, discounting the lust but he jus gets *****
Urgh, there are so many holes and presumptions in this post Adam :urg:. You are thinking you are on a level you haven't got to yet and your post shows it on a lot of levels.

There are so many players between the top 4 in the UK/the rest of UK A and the rest of UK B that are on a very equal playing field and could beat one another in a tournament.

Lastly, ain't a chance in hell that you would **** me. Ive never had a mm before but I will with you at sny to put you in your place :lick:

L-J

Smash Ace
Last few pages pretty much epitomise why opinion alone cannot be used to make these decisions. Also J3ly there is nfw that Unreal is better than everyone on team B as you seem to be suggesting, and even if he was, he should've done better at GT3 and proved himself, sorry.

Urgh, there are so many holes and presumptions in this post Adam :urg:. You are thinking you are on a level you haven't got to yet and your post shows it on a lot of levels.

There are so many players between the top 4 in the UK/the rest of UK A and the rest of UK B that are on a very equal playing field and could beat one another in a tournament.

Lastly, ain't a chance in hell that you would **** me. Ive never had a mm before but I will with you at sny to put you in your place :lick:
QFT

j3ly

Smash Champion
kone lol MM it is! samus ditto or u wanna pay my mario?

pssshhh why do people keep saying blah blah blah u overestimate urself

i know exactly where i am, i am in a tier with tamoo frostbyte swizzy and j03. i'd edge tamoo with doc, and seeing as swizzy and frost ***** me 2 smashfests ago and now we are almost even, i'd give it a month before i am superior

im not saying that i wuld NEVER loose a tournament set to maybe blinky, or TC or deathgazer but what i AM saying is kone do not underestimate me cos i willl take ur money with every character in the game
:)
PS QTW has the lust done to earn a place on team B? asside from having a crew which is hyping him? he may have improved, but that dosnt mean anythin wen peoples are improving faster than him. i would like to know what players were in his pool tbh.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
hmm if we have 4 foxes, we might aswel make get team B to play against all the fox players and have a vote for the best 2 or 3 because I dont think having 5 spacies is a good idea. I havnt played Unreal since GT3 so i cannot say how good he is. But if everyone in Team B agrees to play against all the foxes, wel find out who is the best out of them. If we do go ahead with this idea then wel probs have to sort something out really early on the tues.

how well is unreal at adapting?

and @Joanna, cant wait for our falco dittos tomomorw :D

Top Bottom