• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK Crew for SNY!

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
This is Prof posting

I think considering yeniths placed as well as jolteon at gt3 and jolteon is getting all this sudden backing, I don't see why george isn't. I think he was one of the most improved at that tournament and was probs my hardest bracket match barring charles.

I would on skill personally have crabman in there as well but he's just never really managed to progress in bracket (until yesterday!!!).

Alpha dash: Imo, I think jjl would be 4th of the four foxes, nevermind second.
Seriously, are you suggesting that Yeniths is equally viable for team A as Jolteon, as a fox player he is not good enough or does he have any noticable strengths which would work in a crew battle and we have other foxes, this is not the case with Jolteon lol....

do i really have to be on the uk crew team

?

cant someone just take my place

im really sucky at being consistent
lol You just want people to say 'Oh we really need you Edwin, don't be like that :('
But if you want to leave then leave, if you want to stay then stay.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
omdz wills? team a? if hes as good as you say he is and never made it out of pools (losing to prof, j3ly, myself and deathgazer)... (GO OOC!!! AND TESCO!!!).... THEN we may as well get KMAN and etc to come SNY and join team A as well then (sarcasm). some of you lot need to wake up and put ur friendship and kindness to another side!

someone such as bullet bill UNDERSTANDABLE for team A, he wins matches BUT by not by a lot of stock might i add so likely suggestion team B, where as me in team A if i come up against a spacie i'll be taking off major stock! ghain grabs galore!

But back on topic seriously if u never made it out of pools GT3 (pool of death or not) you cant streatch from almost not being considered in team b to certified team A, TAMOO your having a laugh mate...

if jjl dont make it in team b, fair enough, if the lust dont, all hell is gonna break loose, you aint gonna stop hearing my mouth

Tamoo

Smash Master
Alpha: are you saying I'm having a laugh about jjl? Unfortunately no. I can't remember the last time he placed, I know he's good, but the other three foxes have vastly more experience and tournament to back them up, whereas jjl has his biased teams partner backing him up.

Kone

Smash Master
I have four germans that still need housing for a few nights after SNY. Tamoo/Jely are you able to? im not too bothered about how far people are from london, just ability to house them. Im away on holiday on the saturday so cant provide them with housing.

Kill The Beast

Smash Cadet
just caught up on the chat lol at the who's better wills or the lust.
the lust is clearly better, i don't understand why any one would think otherwise.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
.........................THANK YOU BEAST.

It's not even questionable, just cos The Lust doesn't perform better against specifically Brado apparently Willz is better :confused:.......

And then he tried to chat some crap about him having a good sense of judgement, he clearly doesn't even has a good sense to sense his own judgement let alone predict who is better.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Alpha: are you saying I'm having a laugh about jjl? Unfortunately no. I can't remember the last time he placed, I know he's good, but the other three foxes have vastly more experience and tournament to back them up, whereas jjl has his biased teams partner backing him up.
nooo moron im talking about when you said wills was team A potential... C'mon Son!

just caught up on the chat lol at the who's better wills or the lust.
the lust is clearly better, i don't understand why any one would think otherwise.
NEED I SAY MORE!?

lust was harder to beat

both get ***** tho
(RELOAD) NEED I SAY MORE!?

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
if jjl dont make it in team b, fair enough, if the lust dont, all hell is gonna break loose, you aint gonna stop hearing my mouth
i dont are about diversity if lust makes it on the team i should be, i dont know how much he's improved since i last played him but common i was murking him with my peach man.

Alpha dash: Imo, I think jjl would be 4th of the four foxes, nevermind second.
i could understand you placing Yeniths and L-J above me as they have placed better than me consistently and actually went and placed at gt3, but no offence if the other fox is crabman im deff 3rd unless he has also improved alot since the last time we played whih i think was at the last monthly??

Last tournament was monthly, placed either joint 7th or 9th, lost to j3lly before he lost to you. I think i put up a good shout for team B, would be an amazing shout if i could have came to gt3 =/

Tamoo

Smash Master
alpha: Not ONCE did i say willz was team A potential, where you getting this **** from lol?

Jjl: He's improved tonnes, beat lj in a recent friendly tournament and came joint with him a GT3

L-J

Smash Ace
Sean's good, George is good, JJL i've never played you so I can't say. I suck. Lol.

I've only played Dave and Willz in pools matches but I think they're pretty close, maybe Dave slightly edges it but then I can only judge vs fox obv. Lust placed better than both of them at GT3 so really he deserves his chance this time around.

For the record, no matter what anyone says about such and such a player (yes that includes you Prof) the only thing that should really matter in a debate like this is consistent tournament placings. If two players vying for one spot have had very similar/fluctating placings at recent events then reputation etc can come into it but frankly people are ALWAYS biased towards people they like/have played often so anything anyone says about anyone should be taken with a large pinch of salt.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sean's good, George is good, JJL i've never played you so I can't say. I suck. Lol.

I've only played Dave and Willz in pools matches but I think they're pretty close, maybe Dave slightly edges it but then I can only judge vs fox obv. Lust placed better than both of them at GT3 so really he deserves his chance this time around.

For the record, no matter what anyone says about such and such a player (yes that includes you Prof) the only thing that should really matter in a debate like this is consistent tournament placings. If two players vying for one spot have had very similar/fluctating placings at recent events then reputation etc can come into it but frankly people are ALWAYS biased towards people they like/have played often so anything anyone says about anyone should be taken with a large pinch of salt.
Had to highlight the one severe error in this post, everything I say should be taken in to total consideration and in 95% of situations should completely shift the side to whatever i'm on......but otherwise then that, not bad post and I agree :)

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Yea, tournament placings are important. But a lot of the people being considered for team B are on the cusp of getting out of pools at nationals.

Example: I didn't get through because of a single point difference between Tamao and Crabman (3rd and 4th in the pool) - we all won the same number of games but I didn't get as many 2-1 losses. And if we did all draw on points then I would have gone through since I beat Tamao in the pool matches.

What I'm trying to say is is there a clear difference in skill between me and the people who got joint 13th at GT3, just because of their placements?

Also 3 foxes in my pool (MOAR johns :bee:). I think I understand the matchup more though now (shameless self-reference to Tamao's new videos).

Discuss.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Actually, sean beat me in pools dave, and got the same number of points but i still went through 3rd cos we had to have a play off. So you wouldn't necessarily be through with one extra point but yeah, i still agree with ya

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure the third way to decide is who beat who if there's a tie in points.

I think you just had a play-off for fun, lol.

Since drowning wasn't an option for the loser.

EDIT: Looked at GT3 rules, yea it's a tiebreaker game. My bad XD

Tamoo

Smash Master
I don't think so cos our pool was really lagging behind and they had every incentive to just give sean 3rd to get it over with already but the rules had to be adhered to

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
U need a Link, ohh awsome i play Link in melee its ur lucky day, might as well play and help UK Melee.

COEY

Smash Lord
Andy if you'd have properly picked up melee seriously since the last time we played you'd probably beeni n the a team...

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
the only thing that should really matter in a debate like this is consistent tournament placings
Gotta be careful with absolutes like that, cos it's pretty debatable. In most cases you would be correct, but in this case it's not necessarily about how many people the player is better than, it's more about how they do against top players since those are the only type of players they will be playing.

So in this case, I reckon Prof's/Charles opinions are probably more important than tournament rankings.

Also, I think Jolteon should be guaranteed that spot in team A (I think he is, but just checking). I rate him higher than some people with "guaranteed spots."

Kone

Smash Master
Urgh, Team A is;

Fuzzy
Edwin
Prof
Jo3
Swizzy
Tamoo
Alpha Dash
Jely
Coey
Jolteon

I don't see why its still being debated ;)

L-J

Smash Ace
My post was directed exclusively at team B since I believed that is still to an extent being debated.

Swizz: It is an absolute statement but it is my opinion nothing more, though I do believe it quite strongly. The reason is that the top players are still biased towards certain players for various reasons and the only objective thing one can go on is results, and therefore they should be utilised to the absolute fullest extent in making decisions before other factors come into the equation. Like in your case for example, you taking a game of Remen even though it didn't consitute a 'win' overall is still a tournament result and can strongly count for you. Some of the stuff being said about certain players is nothing more than opinion based of friendlies or w/e, and that's not enough to justify usurping someone who has had the tournament placings in recent events imho.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough, I see your point and respectfully disagree for the reason that they will only be playing good players, so performance against good players should be the key to the positions - but I'm happy to defer to the judgement of the more-than-capable Team B Manager / Captain ;)

Although, the point I would agree with you on is that it has to be performance against strong players in tournament, as friendlies prove nothing.

PS - I also got a game off Pasi (who came 5th at ESA4) in tournament :p

Top Bottom