• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK Crew for SNY!

Kone

Smash Master
What's the policy on bringing girls back to the house? AD if you manage that I would rate you lol.

Thinking of doing smashfest this sunday who's interested?

What house? if you mean the venue do what you want but your sharing rooms and theres going to be a ****load of geeks about lol :urg:. Lastly, the tournament is in the Lickey Hills which is like 40 mins south of Birmingham. Birmingham is the second largest city in the UK. So it is like London in that finding a affordable venue in the city centre is impossible.The tournament isn't in the cty centre itself. Aint going to be easy going out at night as it'll cost you a fair bit in taxis getting back.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
What's the policy on bringing girls back to the house? AD if you manage that I would rate you lol.

Thinking of doing smashfest this sunday who's interested?
interested in the smashfest

there's probably gonna be some loose european guys you could pick up instead?
^o) thats soooo profs thing.

Aye I heard thats AD thang ;)
-_- you guys r soooooo right
my bum is soooooo tight

Kone

Smash Master
Okay for UK A we need to fll two spots now. AmcD and Gantz aren't comng. So looks like it is going to be Coey + ?.

Looking like Germany and Finland are going to have to form a united crew so UK B is back on the cards. Need to sort out the ten for this. I also think Brado should be considered for B ;)

j3ly

Smash Champion
daaamn no AmcD? i really need to play him, the last pro to play i believe. sucks about gantz =/

id put Ic's over luigi even tho ive never seen coey play.

unreal is like a smash sponge, one weekend playing smash with fuzzy and i cant really beat him anymore. he deserves a backup spot on team A, but as thats just not going to happen, a place in team B should be secure for him. i could upload some vids of him yakno i have quite a few.

Kone

Smash Master
daaamn no AmcD? i really need to play him, the last pro to play i believe. sucks about gantz =/

id put Ic's over luigi even tho ive never seen coey play.

unreal is like a smash sponge, one weekend playing smash with fuzzy and i cant really beat him anymore. he deserves a backup spot on team A, but as thats just not going to happen, a place in team B should be secure for him. i could upload some vids of him yakno i have quite a few.
Sorry dude your unreal stuff is completely unfounded. He didn't make it out of pools at GT3 and has no one else verbally backing him i.e. a top player. Throughtout my time in the community people have regularly talked up people between tournaments. All that matters is tournament results. There are plenty of players that have justified their place on A n B. Unreal's time will come if he is as good as you say ;).

edit - saying he should be a backup to team a is laughable :s

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
These are all the people that have been considered for the B team so far:

coey
yeniths
kone
jolteon
lj
deathgazer
Crabman
bullet bill
The lust
JJLinyard
(kman?, synapse?, el nino?)
clockmire
blinky
warning

Unreal.

So..
4 Foxes (LJ, Yeniths, Crabman, JJLinyard)
2/3 Falcons (The Lust, Clockmire, Warning - is he coming to this?)
2 Falcos (Deathgazer, Unreal)
1 Peach/ 1 Samus (Kone)
1 Luigi (Coey)
1 Sheik (Jolteon)
1 Doctor Mario (BBill)
1 Marth/ 2 possible Sheiks (Blinky)

Thought this summary would help further discussion.

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Assuming we need 7 core people for the B team, right? And this is not including people rejected from the A team, either.

Everyone has good things to say about Jolteon, I personally haven't played him since his massive improvement but his placement at GT3 and his relatively unique character main gives him a fairly safe place on the B team.

I don't know whether Kone would be playing Peach of Samus in crews. I think a Peach is crucial on the team, to be honest, preferrably one who can deal with Falcos (barring Fox[?] I think this is the best Falco matchup, not sure about other people). His place is fairly safe but moreso if he's playing Peach. Do we have any other solid Peach players?

Coey is on the B team (if not the A team...). Never played him but have seen videos. Plus he places well (similar/better to J03), and he plays luigi, :D Good spacey counter is invaluable.

So, 4 places left. And that's not including people rejected from the A team (although gantz isn't coming now, so this might not be such a problem). And the foxes or falcos haven't even been considered yet.

Do we want a falcon in the team, as well? Even if we have 1 of each that's only 1 place left. And BBill is a solid player (don't know what matchups he prefers though? Enlighten me Ben). And a Marth might be helpful (don't know how good blinky's marth is, however).

The only character we should even consider having duplicates of is Fox. So neither Deathgazer and Unreal can be in the team, practically (same applies to me and The Lust). We don't even have to include Falcon or Falco either (opinions on this!).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
*Walks in*

All I Know The Lust is definitely gonna be in Team B cos he is more then good enough to be in it

*Walks in further to see if there is anything to steal, sees there's nothing worth stealing, walks out*

Brado

Smash Lord
Team B should have a Jiggs, and I think I should stand a shot at getting in.

Regarding Falcon, Willz should be in, he can **** floaties more than anything, and is better than The Lust from what I've seen/played.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Team B should have a Jiggs, and I think I should stand a shot at getting in.

Regarding Falcon, Willz should be in, he can **** floaties more than anything, and is better than The Lust from what I've seen/played.
NOOOO he is not at all!!!

That's not even me being biased, The Lust is undoubtably, blatanly and clearly better then Willz...

Did Willz even get out of pools at GT3!?!?

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Willz is relatively new to the melee scene and hasn't caught anyone's attention so far. Out of LC, who's the best?
Can Willz beat tamao at all? What about other matchups?

I haven't played The Lust since the smash fest at mine over a year ago, so I can't judge. Prof, who was in his pool GT3? What matchups does he prefer?

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
So he beat 2 Falcos? That's pretty good. Convincing wins...?

Yea, I have no idea really lol

Brado

Smash Lord
I knew you'd say some **** about how your opinion is so much better lool
We're not exactly new anymore, we've been playing smash competitive for over a year and around 8months of competitive melee. And considering we've been London three times in the past 6 months for melee shows we have enough understanding of the scene.
Willz beat Tamao in his pool in GT2, I doubt Lust could considering he consistently lost to my Jiggs. Wilz is da bess in LC, but it's liek really close between me and him.

That was Willz pool, I believe Clockmire was reffering to Lust's pool. Which was mine,
Me/Lust/Edwin/Kone/DA/Fortunecookie/BBill

Lust beat Ed, FortuneCookie, DA
lost to Me, BBill, Edwin

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Ohhhhhh. I was really surprised and kinda scared of The Lust being a Falco killer loool.

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Well I played Calzum GT3 and I didn't feel under pressure at all. How good is Calzum compared to you? How good are you compared to Tamao.

Can he cope with the spacey matchups at all? Because I don't even know if the other crews have spacies at all (France has no Peaches, and I think none of their Jiggs are coming. Armada plays Peach but.... lol).

Fortunecookies is an alright Fox if I remember? How well did Lust play in that game. Also who's DA XD

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I'm better than Lust, lol. I'm not judging that on the friendlies we played either (I won every game but 1 out of like 20).

I suck bad vs spacies, but I've been reading MU's and watching videos, like you guys have instructed me to. I'm not fussed whether I get into the team or not, there's probably a better player than me or Lust that could go in.

but cool story guys

Clockmire: Calzum has his bad days and his good days. He's not too far off mine or Brados skill tbh. We only get Fox exp. off of Yeniths weekly, and Calzum can beat Yen, as we all can.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I knew you'd say some **** about how your opinion is so much better lool
We're not exactly new anymore, we've been playing smash competitive for over a year and around 8months of competitive melee. And considering we've been London three times in the past 6 months for melee shows we have enough understanding of the scene.
Willz beat Tamao in his pool in GT2, I doubt Lust could considering he consistently lost to my Jiggs. Wilz is da bess in LC, but it's liek really close between me and him.

That was Willz pool, I believe Clockmire was reffering to Lust's pool. Which was mine,
Me/Lust/Edwin/Kone/DA/Fortunecookie/BBill

Lust beat Ed, FortuneCookie, DA
lost to Me, BBill, Edwin
My judgement is better then yours, i've been playing the game for longer and have a better understanding then you, Willz is good against your jiggs cos he plays you but he is not better then The Lust

....and don't get tooo happy about you winning against him...I heard how he lost to you and it's not legit AT ALLLLLL loool.
You missing a rest on Pokemon Stadium on the last stock, him Falcon Punching you, you teching the tree and him falling through the stage with that dumb PS glitch.....loool

Either way The Lust is undoubtably better then Willz, he's going in there above Willz any day and plus he placed high so that's a further confirmation ANNNDDDD the biggest reason of all
My judgement > Your judgement.....

So you're pretty outclassed so you can say that he is better, but The Lust is going in Team B wayyyy before Willz.....sozzy wozzy, go comfort yourself with Tamoo

Brado

Smash Lord
Umm Calz isn't bad in the right match-up and I think tourney nerves get to him bad. But I'd say I beat him fairly consistently, we play liek every few days lol. Me to Tamao...hmmm, I'd leave that to someone who's played us both recently, so I'm looking towards Kone/Yen on that judgement.

Willz can play against spacies alright imo, he pretty much goes even with Yen, and they play consistently.

Fortune went Ganon all tourney, no idea what the match was liek. DA = Smasher I've never met and lost all his pool games

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Falcon/Falcon is pretty unpredictable, and if we see a Falcon in the other crew we're probably not going to ditto it.

I've never really played you/ seen you play Willz. So I can't personally say who's better between you, me and The Lust.

Ok question - who WOULD we use a Falcon against in crews? Build it from there...

Brado

Smash Lord
My judgement is better then yours, i've been playing the game for longer and have a better understanding then you, Willz is good against your jiggs cos he plays you but he is not better then The Lust

....and don't get tooo happy about you winning against him...I heard how he lost to you and it's not legit AT ALLLLLL loool.
You missing a rest on Pokemon Stadium on the last stock, him Falcon Punching you, you teching the tree and him falling through the stage with that dumb PS glitch.....loool

Either way The Lust is undoubtably better then Willz, he's going in there above Willz any day and plus he placed high so that's a further confirmation ANNNDDDD the biggest reason of all
My judgement > Your judgement.....

So you're pretty outclassed so you can say that he is better, but The Lust is going in Team B wayyyy before Willz.....sozzy wozzy, go comfort yourself with Tamoo
I do understand the reason why he does better against my Jiggs, but Willz is seriously better, I can tell peoples skill as I play them

LOL is that what he came out with?! I was on 3 stock when that **** happened. And was domiiiiinating that match, as i did with the third game, and then the friendlies we played afterwards, **** every game.

Lust is not better

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
I think Team A should vote/ make a list of people that should be in team B after all theyve probably played against most of the candidates for team B with the most experience and im sure they will figure something out.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Falcon/Falcon is pretty unpredictable, and if we see a Falcon in the other crew we're probably not going to ditto it.

I've never really played you/ seen you play Willz. So I can't personally say who's better between you, me and The Lust.

Ok question - who WOULD we use a Falcon against in crews? Build it from there...
The Lust is good against Fox and just the normal variety of characters except he hates Jiggs, Mario and Luigi because apparnetly they always make noises when they move and it's annoying loool but everything he good against

I think Team A should vote/ make a list of people that should be in team B after all theyve probably played against most of the candidates for team B with the most experience and im sure they will figure something out.
I don't mind doing that.....well have to have a FULLL list though of all the candidates for it cos I kinda forget lol.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I think we should adopt Deathgazer's idea and also use it to decide the final 2 members of Team A.

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ chain grab on Peach. I'm guessing you wouldn't try that on anybody who's heard of nair. Peach match was standard, I think you abused his lack of experience so there's nothing that useful in that respect (don't know what you'd do against a good Peach).

Moar backair for fox :D. also the part where you didn't tech twice costed you. Good, patient knee tech chase on the roll (you waited deliberately yea? Lol). Your dash dancing is good. You need to DI the up smashes for Fox - you get enough percentage anyway from those combos, an uair is just an extra insult. Yeniths was kind of messing up shield pressure/shine follow ups - you managed to shield grab his dair at one point, and when he was waveshining you DI'd in (I think) and ftilted - this might kill you from another shine that put you off stage if he was consistent.

I can see nair is your favourite aerial, lol. You don't full hop fast fall anything either, although you did get Yoshi's as a stage so maybe that was a good thing.

Seriously though, who would we send a falcon out against?
And voting sounds like a reasonable idea, as long as they all think they have played enough of the candidates to judge.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
It's quite a old match like I said and I've improved a lot since then, so I'll get some games recorded for next Saturday when I have a fest at my place.

You should come and so should OoC. =P

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
@prof
4 Foxes (LJ, Yeniths, Crabman, JJLinyard)
2/3 Falcons (The Lust, Clockmire, Warning - is he coming to this?)
2 Falcos (Deathgazer, Unreal)
1 Peach/ 1 Samus (Kone)
1 Luigi (Coey)
1 Sheik (Jolteon)
1 Doctor Mario (BBill)
1 Marth/ 2 possible Sheiks (Blinky)
basically that
It might be an idea for extras in Team A becoming definates in Team B because they may end up not playing a single game in the crew battle which would be a waste and unfair to them, but i dno if thatl be the best solution

other possibilities:
Beast?
Bishkin?
Brado?

thats all I could think of but add any to the list if you think ive missed any.

Top Bottom