• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK Crew for SNY!

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Let me start off by saying THE LUST IS BETTER THAN WILLS!!! not only does he play better and have a better tech chase game but he also places higher. NUFF SAID
I'm not saying wills aint good and not just because the lust in OOC!!! but I am saying the lust deserves it much more!

Ok who's now in Team A seeing as gantz aint coming?

I thought this friggin list was decided long time ago.

my vote:

The lust
deathgazer
jolteon
bullet bill
coey
blinky
kone
clockmire (cant go wrong with 2 falcons however not in a *****y way but this is the last person i'd consider for the team sorry dave but ive only RECENTLY seen you do exellent against tamoo everyone else you play is .... hmm :ohwell: ok i guess)
Im not gonna lie this part here is gonna be kinda bias, all 4 are probabilities l-j, yenits, crabman, jjlinyard (im sorry but 2 of you have to go)

Kone

Smash Master
Clockmire - Ill be playing Samus. Still good enough with her to comfortably make the B team. Placed 9th with her at gt3 (first tourney playing her) have improved playing tam/yens last few weeks and think id place higher already ;).

Team should be;

Yens
LJ
Clockmire
The Lust
Kone
BBill
Blinky
Jolteon
Deathgazer

They are the definites that imo can't be faulted based on experience and results. Last spot is up for grabs :)

Coey will be on A replacing gantz or AmcD if they definetly don't show. One more of B needs to be put on A. Could be decided on the tuesday? (don't know how lol).

Jam and Z maybe at this. Don't know if they'll want to play in crews though. They may not be comfortable in A and may play in B. If they did I think they would both walk into the team aswell :ohwell:. Which also changes the look of B and potentially A.

Kone

Smash Master
@prof

basically that
It might be an idea for extras in Team A becoming definates in Team B because they may end up not playing a single game in the crew battle which would be a waste and unfair to them, but i dno if thatl be the best solution

other possibilities:
Beast?
Bishkin?
Brado?

thats all I could think of but add any to the list if you think ive missed any.
Crews doesn't work that way. You name your squad and you have to stick to it. Europeans would not be happy with us moving plyers about. I understand your point and if the fringe players for A wanted to make sure they played then they need to step forwad and declare they want to play for either just A or just B.

Remember that UK B will play Holland first. UK A will play Italy or the Germany + Finland team. Realistically B will go out so the fringe players aren't really getting a better deal by droppoing to B. As I say they won't be able to move between the teams (some european will be arsey bout it).

Kone

Smash Master
That's a pretty heavy endorsement for Alex ;)

A so far is;

Fuzzy
Prof
Edwin
Jo3
Swizzy
Coey
Jely
AD
Tamoo

+ potentially Jolteon for last spot?!

B looking like (imo ;);

Yens
LJ
Clockmire
The Lust
Kone
BBill
Blinky
Deathgazer
Jam
Z

Jam is definetly coming and Z is 50/50. If Z doesn't come we need another option.

Willz isn't going to get considered regardless of how LC argue, he needs to prove himself more. Brad I put your name forward as I think you are improving well and as a confidence builder. Definetly think you have major potential and will prove it soon :).

We should do UK A V UK B Wed night ;)

Without VA, AmcD and Gantz A are looking more frail. We need to really get behind them to ensure we make the final (and win ;).

A need to go through Italy or Finalnd/Germany then Sweden in the semis and then holland/france in the final!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think Jolteon will be more valuable then Coey.....that's my honest opinion, Coey hasn't been around lately while as Charles clearly said he has a really good camp and gimp game......

I really don't think we should be silly nough to leave Jolteon out of Team A in our current situtation.....as Sheik player he will undoubtably do more then Coey as a Luigi player imo.

Edit - Just saying this in case someone like Jolteon in Team A would have to leave if someone like Z comes along or Jam comes in Team A

The Filth

Smash Lord
Lol @ brado being considered over willz. I played/ watched them play like a week ago and thats just making me laugh.

COEY

Smash Lord
just got a couple of points i'd like to make.

1 - if i'd have been at gt3 there would of been no doubt about my spot on the a team, i'd of possibly made the top 7 if joe can place 9th in brackets and make it....

2 - personally from what i've seen of vids jolteon should make the top 10, tbh i think he has alot more talent than a couple players on that list.

3 - what does luigi have to do with anything when we've got a doc player already? dunno if youve seen the recent tier list but they are pretty close.

i think you just don't like me aaron :/

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
3 - what does luigi have to do with anything when we've got a doc player already? dunno if youve seen the recent tier list but they are pretty close.
We haven't got a Doc player we got a Mario player lol :)

And the reason why we have got him is for SPECIFIC matchups...
From what I know Jely is specifically for CF and Foxes
And Alpha Dash is specfically for Foxes and Falcos....

What specificness would you have to offer???

COEY

Smash Lord
We haven't got a Doc player we got a Mario player lol :)

And the reason why we have got him is for SPECIFIC matchups...
From what I know Jely is specifically for CF and Foxes
And Alpha Dash is specfically for Foxes and Falcos....

What specificness would you have to offer???
fox, falco, falcon, jiggs, i'm also pretty comfortable against peach, sheik, and marth.

especially falcon, me and joe worked out that it's pretty much impossible to recover against luigi with falcon.

and oh sorry my bad, mario who's the place below luigi then :p

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I wasn't really talking about the tier list when I was referring to Luigi not being good in a crew lol.

I was referring to Jely's being more likely to perform better against specific character with his Mario then you with your luigi, even though that sounds kinda rude that was just my opinion lol.

I dunno though, you'll prob end up being in it but I definitely think Jolteon should be in the crew battle undoubtably and I think we are just fuking ourselves if we don't put him in.

COEY

Smash Lord
yea i agree but there's room for us both :)

i'd like jely to get his chance in the top 7 before me, and then if that doesn't go to plan i can fill in since we seem to have strengths against similar characters.

also if zeppo is on team a and is on team b then we can rename team a "Team England" and team b "The rest of the UK"

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
( ̄へ ̄) .

if we're listing char strengths then i'm for peach/ics/maybe falcons (but charles will undoubtably be much better vs peach than I am).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Even though I know i'm definitely in Team A I still don't really know what my characters strength will be lol.....I just I am just gonna have to **** all round....

Jolteon

Your char strengths:

Fox - ****
Falco - ****
Falcon - ****
Peach - ****
Marth - ****
Jiggs - ****
Sheik - ****... almost :D

( ̄へ ̄)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I never asked to be in the team anyway so I'm not bothered by all of this lol. I'm just gonna say I'm better than the Lust, and that better players can be chosen for this UK B team besides either of us.

I also agree on the fact that I haven't proven anything in the UK yet while people like the Lust have. Brado being considered over me makes more sense as well considering he did better than me at GT3 and has been attending Kone's fests where Kone has witnessed and can rate his skill level. I'll say this however, I'm improving at a decent pace (I beat Dacacia & X1-12 in my pool at GT3 and also players such as Tamoo at GT2, who have a lot more experience than myself and have been playing a lot longer whereas I've been playing a lot shorter time span) and I set out to only improve more and more over time.

I'll leave you with a final comment,
No johns n00b! GET *****!

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
hey, is anyone going to be travelling to New street station from the venue after SNY?
and Kone do you know which buses go to New street station from the venue because I have no idea where anything is in Bham =s

Kone

Smash Master
Team A:

Fuzzyness
Edwin
Prof
Jo3
Swizzy
Coey
Jolteon
Alpha Dash
Jely
Tamoo

Seems sorted to me. Just drop Jam and Z onto B if they come unless its clear they need to be in A from friendlies :) (if they want to partcipate).

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Deathgazer, I'll most likely be going to New Street station, so we can figure a way out to get there together lol.

Prob walk to the closest station to the venue then there should be a train to New Street from there.

Also be going to the Venue from New Street to, I'm sure from New Street there is a train which drops you off like a 20 min walk from the venue, so I'm sure its the same on the way back.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Willz: Everyone beats me in pools XD

Also, my input, I'd rather see will in the A team over alex, but that's purely more experience based. I wouldn't be able to say who's better out of the two, but a) will has been playing at this kinda mid-high lever for longer than alex and b) sometimes luigi is just **** hard to play against lol. He can be easy at times too so it's a could be a bit more of a hit and miss selection over a shiek who should only really be struggling against puff :/

Edit: oh wait there were two free spaces? Fair enough then, chuck them both in lol, ignore this

As for B team, I think the following should be set
kone
ben
lj
yeniths
blinky
deathgazer

and then the rest of the team built around this

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Yeniths over crabman?

Are we using Fox for general utility, or what?

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
@ Yeniths cool, need to start booking tickets. What time roughly would you say wel get to new street if we left the venue straight after it finished? might book tickets for like 6.30-7.00 if venue finishes at 5ish to be safe

Tamoo

Smash Master
I think considering yeniths placed as well as jolteon at gt3 and jolteon is getting all this sudden backing, I don't see why george isn't. I think he was one of the most improved at that tournament and was probs my hardest bracket match barring charles.

I would on skill personally have crabman in there as well but he's just never really managed to progress in bracket (until yesterday!!!).

Alpha dash: Imo, I think jjl would be 4th of the four foxes, nevermind second.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Tamoo could you get on MSN?

Deathgazer, I'll get an open return, so anytime going back is cool.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Yeniths placed 7th, Jolteon placed 9th at GT3.
just wondering who did Yeniths have in brackets?

and im getting a single to milton keynes and its like £3.50 single. So i wouldnt mind waiting for like an hour/ 30 mins if we get there early.

Also whats happening with the trains from London to Birmingham?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
OK Let me try and think lol.. I had LJ then, Kone then Edwin (lost 2-1), then finally Tamoo (who I lost 2-1, next time!) I think thats right lol??

Jolteon

I had Prof as my opponent second round and placed higher in pools (second seed), George did beat me in our pool 2-0 though.

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Watch crabman videos on tamoo's channel - he was pretty good in those IIRC.

Yea, he lost to calzum at GT3. Beat Tamao though? Would we use our foxes on Peaches anyway (willing to put this on Peach inexperience XD)?

But by all accounts Yeniths is ****. So meh :bee:

Top Bottom