• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Winter Game Fest '10 - January 16th-17th 2010 - Melee & Brawl

Charoo

Smash Champion
I'm confused, the Banner for WGF says COD4 is on the PC, but the AIB page is asking for xbox360 copies of the game :confused: which one is it? (guessing it's 360)

also:

I need a ride/housing and am willing to pay gas$$$$$ and stuff!!!
I live in Lake Forest, right by Maple, if you know where he lives.
mw2 for 360 will be an unofficial tourney from what I understand. Just people bringing their own stuff to make it happen.

just make sure to bring set ups!!!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Is there still any space in a car that's going down for this?

I'm in irvine, won't have much to take with me, and I'm down to throw in gas money :D

turnasol

Smash Rookie
when we register on the site do we use our real names or handles? or can we just register in person the day of?

Miharu

Smash Hero
when we register on the site do we use our real names or handles? or can we just register in person the day of?
looks like most people are using their real names or something

i don't want to cuz im still thinking of a good aka to use ;D

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
hey uhh for dota do you guys take your own laptops?

or house is it done exactly?

what if you like custom keys etc. but they have setups there for you?

Miharu

Smash Hero
if its at a lan center then you use their ****, and if you use custom keys you have to arrange for it to be downloaded prior to the event or bring it on a flash drive or something

but for this it's byoc

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
last year i saw people bringing their whole rigs in. this one guy had a glowing water cooled tower that took up half his table. lol

Charoo

Smash Champion
i love playing on my own gear

they want me to play on their gear

forget dat shee
6) Bring your own computer:
There will NOT be any computers provided. If you do not bring your own computer, you cannot play in the tournament. The only things that will be provided are an ethernet port, 2 power outlets for the whole team, a chair and 1 table for your entire team. Your entire team must fit on the table provided for your team. Laptops will easily fit, wide screen monitors and desktops probably not so easily. Please note, ethernet cables will NOT be provided. To connect to the LAN, you must have an ethernet (standard CAT 5 or CAT 6) cable. Failure to bring one could cause your team to be disqualified.

click on the event you want to enter and read the rules. PC games requies you to bring your own setup or else you can't enter. This goes for cod4 and sc too.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
6) Bring your own computer:
There will NOT be any computers provided. If you do not bring your own computer, you cannot play in the tournament. The only things that will be provided are an ethernet port, 2 power outlets for the whole team, a chair and 1 table for your entire team. Your entire team must fit on the table provided for your team. Laptops will easily fit, wide screen monitors and desktops probably not so easily. Please note, ethernet cables will NOT be provided. To connect to the LAN, you must have an ethernet (standard CAT 5 or CAT 6) cable. Failure to bring one could cause your team to be disqualified.

click on the event you want to enter and read the rules. PC games requies you to bring your own setup or else you can't enter. This goes for cod4 and sc too.
how do you sign up for the events?

also any1 looking for a melee partner, i have yet to find one :)

CowGoesMoo

Smash Rookie
Last year I brought my Tower for Starcraft 10 minutes to setup and 10 minutes to lose my match :laugh: . This year Melee+SC bringing a laptop this time ><

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
anyone that's heading down to this still have space in their car?

I'm on the way down to this in the 949 and I can chip in gas $$$

Zephyr

Smash Lord
YEEEEEE STARCRAFT

Ima get ***** so hard

Hey Jkun, did you drive me to Connor's last Biweekly?

Charoo

Smash Champion
hey champ did you did draw the fox and falco in your sig?
nah. If I did, it would be stick figures with two triangle on their head for fox.

how do you sign up for the events?

also any1 looking for a melee partner, i have yet to find one :)
http://www.sctechcomm.org/index.php

i recommend people to sign up online for events that aren't melee/brawl. If they have a limit cap on how many can enter the tournaments then at least you're sign up and wont get denied.

bring set up guys! $5 off for a full set up! =)

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
nah. If I did, it would be stick figures with two triangle on their head for fox.

http://www.sctechcomm.org/index.php

i recommend people to sign up online for events that aren't melee/brawl. If they have a limit cap on how many can enter the tournaments then at least you're sign up and wont get denied.

bring set up guys! $5 off for a full set up! =)
i can bring a wii but not a tv.

Top Bottom