• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Winter Game Fest '10 - January 16th-17th 2010 - Melee & Brawl

Jun.

Smash Lord
you vs jun is one sided since it's sd vs sd
THE best thing i've ever heard.

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
so i'm pretty sure since no one gives a **** there should be no attempted "hyped up" money match, it's just going to be lame and i'd rather be watching the pound 4 live stream. we should place bets on THOSE matches instead, much more hype.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
Uhh... I've never played PBS's marth but I'm pretty sure I could take him in a marth ditto MM... if hype makes you guys happy then cool :D

hey jun, I'll MM match you in marth dittos as well if you're down for it :3(anywhere between 5 and 20 dollars)

D

Deleted member

Irvine and 805 have a deep, hateful rivalry and history

but SD against SD... bleh

D

Deleted member

i kinda want to save my energy and get first in teams with fly and hopefully get top 3 in singles (maybe)

whatever if pnoy says yes i guess

DJMirror

Smash Master
i like the money matches where there is some meaning to it. I feel like PBS vs Jun mm..i feel like jun and pbs wants to be in the spotlight for once but cmon sd vs sd? that's nothing if it's SD vs someone from 805 or nor cal then that's exciting but cmon...Seriously at this rate where there's going to be a hype mm at each tournament...it's going to be boring =___=

Jun.

Smash Lord
i like the money matches where there is some meaning to it. I feel like PBS vs Jun mm..i feel like jun and pbs wants to be in the spotlight for once but cmon sd vs sd? that's nothing if it's SD vs someone from 805 or nor cal then that's exciting but cmon...Seriously at this rate where there's going to be a hype mm at each tournament...it's going to be boring =___=
don't get me wrong i don't really me to be a part of this MM business. i would rather cheer someone on. I don't know how to L cancel.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
me and you are doing a marth ditto MM aren't we?

DJMirror

Smash Master
@ Lanstar sure if I get the weekend off

@Jun ohh ok i see then and i'm not the most hype marth ever, that title goes to KillaForCrack or PewPewyou

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I just read over the stage rules...

Pat, umm, Mute City is a counterpick for Singles, not doubles, right? Mute City lags for doubles so I'm assuming you mixed it up.

Powered-By-Sex

Smash Apprentice
Uhh... I've never played PBS's marth but I'm pretty sure I could take him in a marth ditto MM... if hype makes you guys happy then cool :D
$50 minimum for a money match. If you're pretty sure you can take my Marth, then it should be no problem. But you get a FT5 set instead of FT3, if it makes you happy. FT3 or FT5 its your call. I don't like $5-$20 because then i don't really care about the outcome. $50 at least will give me an incentive to win.

Alright Jkun. Here's my reasoning for $100 MM, bear in mind, I don't hate anyone:

This guy Jun swears he's one of the best players on campus when it's mutually agreed upon that he's actually one of the ****tiest of the tourneygoers (it's not just me, you can ask around.) I mean, let's be serious, you win a couple games against me at your house or my apt., and you swear you can beat me in tournament...

Let's be real.. there's never been a tournament where you've ever placed higher than me, George, Simon, Miguel or Sunny (except his first one, where he was actually really bad that time). You lost to Sunny 10-3 in a first to 10 set, Miguel, George, and me have beaten you consistently enough where it shouldn't even be a contest and what's your excuse.... "oh yea, your sheik is pretty gay." And then, you tell the first person you see the same thing "oh yea, his sheik is pretty gay."

There's no "gay" in a fighting game, it's just scrubby excuses...

I'm not trying to be in the spotlight, I just hate when people make excuses. Reason why I'd rather play other games.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
$50 minimum for a money match. If you're pretty sure you can take my Marth, then it should be no problem. But you get a FT5 set instead of FT3, if it makes you happy. FT3 or FT5 its your call. I don't like $5-$20 because then i don't really care about the outcome. $50 at least will give me an incentive to win.

Alright Jkun. Here's my reasoning for $100 MM, bear in mind, I don't hate anyone:

This guy Jun swears he's one of the best players on campus when it's mutually agreed upon that he's actually one of the ****tiest of the tourneygoers (it's not just me, you can ask around.) I mean, let's be serious, you win a couple games against me at your house or my apt., and you swear you can beat me in tournament...

Let's be real.. there's never been a tournament where you've ever placed higher than me, George, Simon, Miguel or Sunny (except his first one, where he was actually really bad that time). You lost to Sunny 10-3 in a first to 10 set, Miguel, George, and me have beaten you consistently enough where it shouldn't even be a contest and what's your excuse.... "oh yea, your sheik is pretty gay." And then, you tell the first person you see the same thing "oh yea, his sheik is pretty gay."

I'm not trying to be in the spotlight, I just hate when people make excuses. Reason why I'd rather play other games.
ohhh this is getting interesting

ChrisLionheart

Smash Apprentice

No, Play for each other's custom controllers. And loser has to be banished from UCSD smash forever, but will be taken under my wing for SF4.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Sorry I didn't mean to make anyone mad or anything

but sadly placing doesn't matter, the only thing matter is if you have the abililty to beat him or not. it's like today at this tournament lucky place 7th, joe and fly place higher then him does it mean they're better then lucky? no!

Top Bottom