• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSB MELEE Tournament/LAN Party (Sat. Feb. 6, 2010)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Every Saturday at 6:30 PM in Building 387 Room 104 on UCSB campus. :) There will also be a tournament on 2-6-10. :)

EDIT: Wait, nevermind. Since you posted that question in this thread, then you already knew about the tournament. :)

Stev

Smash Ace
I'm seeing this tourny as doubtful since it's superbowl weekend and i have a midterm on monday. That means if I'm not going and ross isn't going, no one else from SLO is going (most likely)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I'm seeing this tourny as doubtful since it's superbowl weekend and i have a midterm on monday. That means if I'm not going and ross isn't going, no one else from SLO is going (most likely)
alright then. thanks for letting me know. I'll take slo off the list of 'maybes.'

Kitty951

Smash Rookie
Are you coming to the Melee tournament? :)
I won't be in SB next weekend, so no. Haha.

Do you guys stick to melee in the club, or are there also 64/brawl events? I haven't played melee in a looooong time, and was never a tournament-level player outside of my own group of highschool friends.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Yes, it should end by 6PM. The Smash Club has all 3 games, but Caleb, David, Dante, and I all play Melee.

EDIT: How does multiquoting work? I tried clicking the multiquoting button for Caleb's post and Kitty951's post but it is still highlighted even though I posted this message that I am writing right now. :(

Kitty951

Smash Rookie
Oh I guess to introduce myself a bit to you guys,
My name's Kelsey. I'm a guy, just so there's no confusion on that respect haha. I'm a sophomore EE, and I left my wii at home over winter break. Big mistake. I am having smash withdrawals. But hey, at least it led me to find this group haha.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
I'll be living with my girlfriend in Isla Vista starting in the summer so hopefully next school year i can bring some much needed Ness action to these tournaments : ).

Edit: oh oops I see this is melee, i sucks at melee but maybe I'll come anyway haha

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
So this should end by 6 right?
That is correct. :)

I won't be in SB next weekend, so no. Haha.

Do you guys stick to melee in the club, or are there also 64/brawl events? I haven't played melee in a looooong time, and was never a tournament-level player outside of my own group of highschool friends.
There are 3 games at the Smash Club. :)

I'll be living with my girlfriend in Isla Vista starting in the summer so hopefully next school year i can bring some much needed Ness action to these tournaments : ).

Edit: oh oops I see this is melee, i sucks at melee but maybe I'll come anyway haha
Come play Melee with us anyway. You can improve. :)

EDIT: So that is how you multiquote. :)

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero

oh **** maybe ill see you some times lol

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Melee:

Caleb
Dante
David (DrAwesome) <---- I have not seen him posted in this thread yet. Maybe I should move him to the "maybe" list. :(
David (DavidFalco)
Josh
Huy
Anthony
Andrej
Juan

Maybes:

Cape
Ryan
Joe
This guy in my physics 4 class (Andrej's partner in doubles last year)

Setups
1. Dante
2. Josh
3. Cho

Setups (Maybes)
Anthony

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Melee:

Caleb
Dante
David (DrAwesome) <---- I have not seen him posted in this thread yet. Maybe I should move him to the "maybe" list.
David (DavidFalco)
Josh
Huy
Anthony
Andrej
Juan
qmann28 <----- What is your first name? :)

Maybes:

Cape
Ryan
Joe

Setups
1. Dante
2. Josh
3. Cho

Setups (Maybes)
Anthony

The Greater Leon and unknownPresence, are you coming to this? :)

*Fixed.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Don't put me down as coming, I was talking about next school year (Summer/September 2010), I'm still so-cal for now. But i'll be wanting to get into the cen cal smash scene once I'm settled up there : ).

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Dang it turns out I might not be able to make this on Saturday. I for sure can't bring a setup but if I'm lucky I might make it in time for singles but that's a slim chance.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
flaaaaaaaaaakes.
I didn't consistently post on Smash Boards until this academic year so I have little exposure to online slang. Does "flake" mean a person that is lazy? My math teacher called some students "flakes" for not doing homework, so based on context clues, I am inferring that "flake" is a word used to describe a lazy person. According to your context, it doesn't really look like you are calling Caleb lazy though. :confused:

DanteFox

Smash Champion
when someone flakes out it means that they backed out of something they were expected to do. if I tell you I'm going to meet you at x place at y time and then call you at the last minute to cancel you could say that I "flaked" out on you. anyway I was only teasing cho. he's gotta do what he's gotta do. I understand that sometimes life comes at you with stuff you gotta do, even when you'd rather be playing melee. ;]

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
when someone flakes out it means that they backed out of something they were expected to do. if I tell you I'm going to meet you at x place at y time and then call you at the last minute you could say that I "flaked" out on you. anyway I was only teasing cho. he's gotta do what he's gotta do. I understand that sometimes life comes at you with stuff you gotta do, even when you'd rather be playing melee. ;]
Thanks for explaining. :) I learn something new everyday. :) Anyways, Gino is coming to this but I am too lazy to update the list right now. :( Caleb probably has something important to do. :chuckle:

EDIT: I am not sure if I am imagining things or not but I vaguely remember that Gino said he learned about the tournament this Saturday outside of Smash Boards. Does this mean that someone has already posted the flyers? :confused:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Perhaps word of mouth. And yeah sorry for the disapointment guys, my grandparents just decided to visit Korea on a whim and happen to leave this saturday.
Yeah, that could be a possibility. So do we still need the flyers or not? :chuckle: Anyway, someone can post the flyers for the venue fee waiver if they want because I simply do not have the time. :(

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Melee:

Dante
David (DrAwesome) <---- I have not seen him posted in this thread yet. Maybe I should move him to the "maybe" list.
David (DavidFalco)
Josh
Huy
Anthony
Andrej
Juan
qmann28 <----- What is your first name? :)
Gino

Maybes:

Cape
Ryan
Joe

Setups
1. Dante
2. Josh

Setups (Maybes)
Anthony

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Melee:

Dante
David (DavidFalco)
Josh
Huy
Anthony (for doubles)
Andrej
Juan
qmann28 <----- What is your first name?
This guy in my physics 4 class (Andrej's partner in doubles last year, for doubles)
Gino

Maybes:

Cape
Ryan
Joe

Setups
1. Dante
2. Josh

Dante, were you riding on a skateboard today at around 11:45 AM? I think I saw you but I wasn't sure. :)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Dang it turns out I might not be able to make this on Saturday. I for sure can't bring a setup but if I'm lucky I might make it in time for singles but that's a slim chance.
Would the main reason why you are unable to attend the Melee tournament be that you are unable to find a ride?

EDIT: Is there a way to erase a post? I really dislike double posting. I don't know why. I just do. :chuckle:

Top Bottom