• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSB MELEE Tournament/LAN Party (Sat. Feb. 6, 2010)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
15 entrants, 3 set ups. Not bad. :)

Melee:

Caleb
Dante
Matt
Bryant
Paul H.
David (DavidFalco)
Josh
Huy
Anthony (for doubles)
qmann28 <----- What is your first name?
David (Andrej's dubs partner)
Gino
Andrej (told me he'll show up but is undecided about entering the tournament)
Ryan (I'm guessing these are the crew members cape talked about)
Joe

Setups
1. Dante
2. Josh
3. Caleb

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
and im probably going to get there really early at 10 or 10:30, so someone come and play friendlies with me =)
I eat breakfast at Carrillo which is 2 minutes walk away from the Loma Pelona Center from 10:30 to 11:30 so I will join you for friendlies at 11:35 AM. :)

Also Dante, in a rare event that this tournament goes past 6:45 PM and my match is called, can you give me an extra 10-15 minutes extension in terms of waiting time before disqualifying me so I can have a chance to register for my classes on GOLD? :) I seriously doubt the tournament will go past 6:45 PM but just in case. ;)

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
I need to put names to faces. Who was who?

DanteFox = Dante
DavidFalco = David
Cable = Calab?

What about everyone else? Who was Huy, the peach player? What about helmet? etc.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Huy is metalreflectslime.
helmet is crashoverride on these boards. Joe in real life.
josh is defenderoftime, the guy who won the tournament.
Helmet = Joe = he even used the name tag "Helm" in our match. I also distinctly remember the name "Helmet" next to his name on Carlos's laptop. :)
Deaf Dumb = CrashOverride = Ryan = good at fixing controllers = I vaguely remember he said that he will donate a better controller for you. :)

Other than that, Dante got everything else correct. :)

Caleb, how was the film festival? :) That was a good tournament. :) Thanks for hosting Dante. :)

CableCho57

Smash Lord
yeah the film festival was awesome, james cameron is a funny guy. what was cool was arnold shwarzenegger came to present the award. the tourney was good but i thought it was wack because hella people didnt want to enter.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
What char did Josh play with? I don't distinctly remember him.

Ryan's conditions for donating a controller to me were that I play more with ya'll. I would give two kidneys for that, but I like my high gpa, so I don't think that'll happen in the near future. Furthermore, I go to city college and live in Santa Ynez, so the demographics just aren't in favor of massive smash games for me. Nonetheless, over breaks, I will attempt to connect with you guys to up my tech skills and M1NDG4M3S. Until then, I'll be practicing against Bryant and Eric on Tuesdays and Thursdays in between classes.

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
GosuSheep I live in santa ynez too, we should smash sometime. I dont know if i met yesterday though. Im david I came after the tourny just to play friendlys. I was the one who played doc and falco.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
What char did Josh play with? I don't distinctly remember him.

Ryan's conditions for donating a controller to me were that I play more with ya'll. I would give two kidneys for that, but I like my high gpa, so I don't think that'll happen in the near future. Furthermore, I go to city college and live in Santa Ynez, so the demographics just aren't in favor of massive smash games for me. Nonetheless, over breaks, I will attempt to connect with you guys to up my tech skills and M1NDG4M3S. Until then, I'll be practicing against Bryant and Eric on Tuesdays and Thursdays in between classes.
Josh played Peach. There was this match where I played him in a Peach ditto and he won due to time running out since he had a lower percentage than mine, not to mention he was camping in the last 30 seconds. :(

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
drawesome said:
GosuSheep I live in santa ynez too, we should smash sometime. I dont know if i met yesterday though. Im david I came after the tourny just to play friendlys. I was the one who played doc and falco.
Trying to remember, but can't seem to. You are the one that doubled with dante and mirrored doc vs me? If not, I don't remember you =\

Also, I am very much in favor of doing a ridiculous amount of friendlies over weekends and what not. What day and time are you usually available to play? I am mostly available:

Friday: evening after 6:00pm
Saturday: morning between 8:00am and 12:00pm (before girlfriend wakes up-.-) and possible all day
Sunday: same as saturday.

BOO@me for double post..

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
The name comes from a warcraft3 scenario: Sheep Tag. Gosu is a commonly used word.

I don't think they intended to mock you. Although, I did hear Carlos say you were gay and promote pedophilia and once killed a horse. Other than that, no foul-play has gone on-.-

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
The name comes from a warcraft3 scenario: Sheep Tag. Gosu is a commonly used word.

I don't think they intended to mock you. Although, I did hear Carlos say you were gay and promote pedophilia and once killed a horse. Other than that, no foul-play has gone on-.-
That's too bad Dante. Say, when is the next LAN? I may have some free time if it's in May. If it's April then I'm S.o.o.L.

and GosuSheep...Ah...A real 4k.Grubby on our hands...I thought WoW

That's fine...I was a starcraft player and a good one at that. Also outside korea and b.net, no it's not a common word. I was the only one with in smash circles that really used it with any regularity...and I was quite Gosu at gaming. ...actually being korean didn't hurt either.

As for Carlos don't believe half the stuff that comes out of that guy's mouth. His ADHD leads him to strange conclusions (It was a cow not a horse). If I talked to him right now about you he'd probably say similiar things. Or that you were Chobo :chuckle:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
There is a 626 thread on Smash Boards and I have not seen you posted there yet. :( Do you live in Alhambra during the summer or plan on staying here in UCSB in the summer? ;)

Andrew, what does S.o.o.L. stand for? I never started posting consistently on Smash Boards until this year so I do not have much exposure to Internet slang. :confused:

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
gosu_e said:
That's too bad Dante. Say, when is the next LAN? I may have some free time if it's in May. If it's April then I'm S.o.o.L.

and GosuSheep...Ah...A real 4k.Grubby on our hands...I thought WoW

That's fine...I was a starcraft player and a good one at that. Also outside korea and b.net, no it's not a common word. I was the only one with in smash circles that really used it with any regularity...and I was quite Gosu at gaming. ...actually being korean didn't hurt either.

As for Carlos don't believe half the stuff that comes out of that guy's mouth. His ADHD leads him to strange conclusions (It was a cow not a horse). If I talked to him right now about you he'd probably say similiar things. Or that you were Chobo
Any testimony of me being a chobo is a bold faced lie.

Also, Grubby has nothing on me. I could wisp rush him and win. I'm the 6th race-.-

But in all seriousness, Gosu_Engineer was not at tourny? Porque? Koreans that play starcraft are my fwends...

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
Any testimony of me being a chobo is a bold faced lie.

Also, Grubby has nothing on me. I could wisp rush him and win. I'm the 6th race-.-

But in all seriousness, Gosu_Engineer was not at tourny? Porque? Koreans that play starcraft are my fwends...
yeah that's was my point...Carlos says things that might not be true (or a bold faced lie)

and I graduated so I'm no longer in SB. I was one of the original members of the Tech committee getting you kiddies funding so you could hold your LAN parties...

Maybe next time I'll go...we'll see what my schedule is like, and if I can travel

...unknownPresence TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
yeah that's was my point...Carlos says things that might not be true (or a bold faced lie)

and I graduated so I'm no longer in SB. I was one of the original members of the Tech committee getting you kiddies funding so you could hold your LAN parties...

Maybe next time I'll go...we'll see what my schedule is like, and if I can travel

...unknownPresence TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!
You should definitely come to the next LAN Party. :)

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know how to contact DrAwesome? If he lives in Santa Ynez, then I shall finally have a "sparring" partner. But he has appeared to have vanished!!

ALSO! Upcoming is going to be Brawl/Melee tournament at SBCC. April 17th (I think) at Game fest. All sorts of cool stuff. We will post a new thread once we have the details and whatnot, but wanted to give ya'll a heads up.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Anyone know how to contact DrAwesome? If he lives in Santa Ynez, then I shall finally have a "sparring" partner. But he has appeared to have vanished!!

ALSO! Upcoming is going to be Brawl/Melee tournament at SBCC. April 17th (I think) at Game fest. All sorts of cool stuff. We will post a new thread once we have the details and whatnot, but wanted to give ya'll a heads up.
Thanks for the information Matt. Also, do SBCC students get to live in Santa Ynez Apartments which are owned by UCSB? (Or am I missing something here? I go to UCSB with Jeff, Andrej, and Dante, but I was just wondering). :)

I PMed you his cell phone number. Can you PM me your cell phone number too? Thanks. :)

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
It has been only brawl in the past, however, I am on the committee now, and I like melee, so I am personally running the melee tourny.

I am not aware of any housing from SBCC. Most certainly none in Santa Ynez. Do you live in Santa Ynez? Anyone else you know besides David that lives in Santa Ynez? I will PM you my cellphone after this, huy.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Lulz, your own fault for playing me in peach dittos on FD
Next time I am striking Final Destination for first match for sure. :laugh: We should have Pound 4 rules at the Melee tournament in SBCC because just the thought of a small chance of having to play Peach dittos on Final Destination (due to first round on random) scares me.

Another deadly mistake I made was in my set with Joe, I should have counterpicked Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise instead of Kongo Jungle 64. :(

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Yeah that set was hella intense though huy. I think you shouldve stuck to your peach all the way till the end tho but your sheik is pretty good.

@ Dante I want to go to the smashclub but it's also NBA allstar weekend so I'm torn. But it is kind of wack of me to make you hold my tv so I think I'll come this week.

Top Bottom