• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSB Brawl + Melee tournament. May 16, 2009

Junk DGH

Smash Apprentice
corneria is a camp fest

i missed pictochat thats pretty dumb

mio if i had it my all games would be played on neutrals

nicaboy please come if you think youll win

Spicy

Smash Rookie
Luigi's is pretty stupid because certain characters **** on it (Olimar it's ok because you can CP back, but what do you do against MK?)

Also, you guys are from SLO? We already have a little SLO scene set up, you could play brawl with WarpStatus, or melee with the rest of the SLO players. PM me or some ****
Cool ya we been looking for some more local stuffs. So what is WarpStatus? I might want to get in on this.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Lol im a melee player though. If i don't beat anyone good in melee I'll never be ranked. Thats my goal so i hope you would understand that. So honestly i should go where the competition is at.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
that's your decision to make nicaboy. just know that there is a growing melee community here at ucsb and I think lovage is coming to this, and he's ranked.

WarpStatus

Smash Apprentice
Cool ya we been looking for some more local stuffs. So what is WarpStatus? I might want to get in on this.
What is WarpStatus? Lulz. As far as I knew, I was the only brawl player left in SLO. I'm always looking for new brawl peeps. My melee is not too shabby either now.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Aight, well hopefully it turns out well.

My boy WarpStatus has got this. Anyone want to MM him in brawl? I'll front the money

Junk DGH

Smash Apprentice
the easy way to beat warp just play a campy falco

but i can go marth too the last few times weve played i havent been impressed but its pretty funny brian is so willing to throw away money

DanteFox

Smash Champion
jun's kinda the head of the sb brawl community, like gosu is of the sb melee community.

It would be weird if that were an alt account, considering Jun's not banned.

∫unk

Smash Master
who is jun? he plays marth?
LMFAO who are you? you use my name, then you try to use my char, and youre supposedly from santa barbara?

please come to my smashfest this weekend text me (650) 773-9918 if you want details

hey dante... this weekend lets play a lot of melee

i want to be able to rep sb for the tournament

∫unk

Smash Master
wtf that doesn't mean take brawl out i know like 10 ppl already that said they'd go just cause it's at ucsb

where's the advertisements for me to put around

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
wtf that doesn't mean take brawl out i know like 10 ppl already that said they'd go just cause it's at ucsb

where's the advertisements for me to put around
by the end of the week. My supervisor wants to look at other venues cuz OPP people on AS told him to look at other stuff. basically places that will make them look good and really of no benefit for us...but since the higher ups want it we have to go with it. so I'll hopefully give you something by friday. This is just a formality we need to take care of before we finalize anything.

...Student gov kinda sucks sometimes.

also Junk we need Set-ups. that's another consideration for the brawl section

mio

Smash Ace
Guys, just run Brawl. People will bring plenty of setups... and sorry to say it but at the very worst, it'll have at least as many entrants as melee LOL

DanteFox

Smash Champion
by the end of the week. My supervisor wants to look at other venues cuz OPP people on AS told him to look at other stuff. basically places that will make them look good and really of no benefit for us...but since the higher ups want it we have to go with it. so I'll hopefully give you something by friday. This is just a formality we need to take care of before we finalize anything.

...Student gov kinda sucks sometimes.

also Junk we need Set-ups. that's another consideration for the brawl section
don't settle for less, gosu! tell them to buzz off and that this venue was already secured long ago, and that you already have out-of-city attendance planned.

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
bah. so are you saying that the venue will most likely get changed?

what's the point of fliers if the venue might change?
Not saying that at all. We're gonna use the last venue for sure. We just had to look at others just to make the Board of Execs happy...we don't really care what they think we just have to make it look like we're doing what they want.

btw Dante, want a flier?

mio

Smash Ace
Just get some 805 melee players to come (they will either bring more people with them or make more people want to come) and advertise the Brawl tournament on AiB. I'll help you guys out because I want this tournament to have plenty of entrants, and I know I'll be bringing at least 3 people myself so I think it'll have a substantial turn out.

Top Bottom