• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

The Game II

Smash Champion
My copy of the game isn't working, but I'll bring it anyway, maybe it's just not loving my wii.

And I'll have a vcr to tape matches.

But since I'm coming from Salinas, I won't be getting there until about 2 p.m. 80 people, I shouldn't miss much.

Also, is there any public wi-fi or broadband connections so I can update the tournament as it goes?

--GCII

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Yes, there is. Just ask Neal to give you his sister's account info, LoL. I'll def be there fo sho', even if it means losing my job. Alan's shining, sexy face is worth it all, if only for a moment glimpse. I'll even think about buying a tv I saw in the thrift store next to my house the other day for $35 if you think it's worth it. I don't have a cube though, but whatev. I'm still in favor of doing N v S crew. It doesn't matter if Isai's coming or not. We'll just send Hugo out, he's too good in crews. ;) Either way I'll be there, and expecting MM's from everyone listed previously. See you there...

Dodger

Smash Ace
I will try to bring a TV, but I cannot guarantee it at this point. I can definitely bring a cube.

LuCKy

Smash Master
ok i have 2 tv's i could bring but there both like 15 inch is that ok???
+cubes and games

ph and 1 of them is like a ninja turtle tv :)

BeatOfAzia

Smash Apprentice
Alan! put me down for a Cube ... but not sure about the TV heh dunno if my dad will let me bring it

Aesis

Smash Ace
I will try to bring a TV, but I cannot guarantee it at this point. I can definitely bring a cube.
ok i have 2 tv's i could bring but there both like 15 inch is that ok???
+cubes and games

ph and 1 of them is like a ninja turtle tv :)
Alan! put me down for a Cube ... but not sure about the TV heh dunno if my dad will let me bring it
my TV has a built in VCR too goodsies.

ill bring a VHS tape too. the only thing worth watching on it is jay getting 4 stocked by me and hugos ganon getting ***** by BoA. so you can go ahead and put UCLA **** over it.
Hey Aesis I will try to get another TV and I will tell Morb to bring his cube.

this is Nes btw.:]
I can bring a TV, Cube, and VCR.
I love all of you! SoCal is too good!!!!!!

Esp. Neal! and my teammate ROFL and BoA XD

3 MORE TVs
1 MORE GAMECUBE

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I propose the idea of Socal Television power rankings. The more you bring TV's to smash tourney's the higher you go up. Everyone will want to get higher and higher, so they will bring more TV's in to tournaments. That'd be awesome.

REL

Smash Apprentice
Yo Alan, I can bring a cube and power strip if need be. And why is my name not on the list of attendees? Were you afraid sickness would keep me away? Never!

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
i say this should start by 10 cuz then thats a lot of time teams can get done early then singles can get done by like 5 or 6 ^_^ also put me down for a cube ^^ ill c everyone there

malva00

Smash Master
lol my name is on that first page list when I didn't even know about this tourny until manacloud messaged me last night

then boback calls me a few minutes ago saying I could go with them so I said oh ok

edit: is this lounge big enough that a few ssb64 players can come to play ssb64?

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Oh, so we are doing doubles first?

I was hoping we'd do singles first just as MLG does. People will be far too tired after crews and doubles to be able to compete well in singles, which is the main attraction to most tournaments.

Also, I think it'd be a good idea to save team and singles finals till the very end. It will make things run more smoothly.

For example, if we start with teams, we'll have at least 4 singles players stuck playing team finals while we hold up a singles bracket. If we hold off finals till the end, we can run a new tournament more quickly without having to stall brackets, and it would allow everyone to watch the grand finals without worrying about having to play a match from a different tourney.

So what do you say?
Singles first? Finals till the end?

Aesis

Smash Ace
Oh, so we are doing doubles first?

I was hoping we'd do singles first just as MLG does. People will be far too tired after crews and doubles to be able to compete well in singles, which is the main attraction to most tournaments.

Also, I think it'd be a good idea to save team and singles finals till the very end. It will make things run more smoothly.

For example, if we start with teams, we'll have at least 4 singles players stuck playing team finals while we hold up a singles bracket. If we hold off finals till the end, we can run a new tournament more quickly without having to stall brackets, and it would allow everyone to watch the grand finals without worrying about having to play a match from a different tourney.

So what do you say?
Singles first? Finals till the end?
I agree. I was extremely tired by the end of the day and I didn't perform well in the bracket when pools had taken 5 hours. YEP. Sucked. So singles first. Doubles. Crews.

lol my name is on that first page list when I didn't even know about this tourny until manacloud messaged me last night

then boback calls me a few minutes ago saying I could go with them so I said oh ok

edit: is this lounge big enough that a few ssb64 players can come to play ssb64?
Yes. We'll have a TV for SSB64 just for you cuz we love you.

thecupid

Smash Rookie
Howdy everyone.... I'm new here but I bring to the table a couple of decent friendly guys that are looking to improve their game... I'm hoping to make in the 24th and bring a friend. I can also bring a t.v. and gamecube if needed. PM if anything is not okay =D

Aesis

Smash Ace
Howdy everyone.... I'm new here but I bring to the table a couple of decent friendly guys that are looking to improve their game... I'm hoping to make in the 24th and bring a friend. I can also bring a t.v. and gamecube if needed. PM if anything is not okay =D
Thanksies!!!!

emerican

Smash Ace
i have a VCR i can bring but i need to find the cables in my giant box-o-junk, and you already marked me down for the cube, too goodz.

Knivez

Smash Ace
Wow way to use my joke Alan.

So I ask alan if he can smash thursday, and he says "No, I gotta see my girlfriend"

so then I ask "Wow what's your girlfriends name? Is it John?"

Then his *** comes here and posts the same exact joke nearly word for word on the boards. Now I'm pissed.

look at the irony over here...

[16:00] myokscreename: but if we play singles first, we dont get warm up
[16:01] myokscreename: WUAA
[16:06] JOHNyONthegUitar: lol
[16:06] JOHNyONthegUitar: ur round 1 and 2 are ur warm ups
[16:06] JOHNyONthegUitar: or u can show up early for warm ups
[16:06] myokscreename: hahah look at this guy and his johns
[16:06] myokscreename: he wants tourny money and has to go to work afterwards
[16:07] myokscreename: who do u work for anyways? JOHN?
[16:07] myokscreename: i love that joke of yours, i keep re-using it
[16:07] JOHNyONthegUitar: lol
[16:07] JOHNyONthegUitar: oh yeah i just read that you used it
[16:07] JOHNyONthegUitar: gimme the joke again
[16:07] myokscreename: hahahah
[16:07] JOHNyONthegUitar: i was cracking up too
[16:07] JOHNyONthegUitar: and I just now realized it was my joke
[16:07] myokscreename: lol
[16:07] myokscreename: mindgames
[16:07] JOHNyONthegUitar: it's cool..... i cry myself to sleep at night..
[16:07] myokscreename: what was that?
[16:07] JOHNyONthegUitar: NOTHING, LOL!~ < ^_@>
[16:07] myokscreename: what a ******
[16:07] JOHNyONthegUitar: Tee -heE !!!~

( i had to block him for that)

Hugs gets mindgamed incredibly by yours truly, then realizes how silly he has appeared in front of his peeps, so then decides to take his joke back AFTER i explained to him how i used it.

otherwise he woulda kept on laughing without ever knowing the truth..

hugs for top 3?

me thinks not...

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
yea i think dc should be in it and omar theyd **** so is there a time period for all this it sounds like its gonna be pretty big hopefully things dont end like at 11 the crew battle should be after singles and teams i say singles teams crew battle ^^.
lolz hugo has good ideas ^_~

Knivez

Smash Ace
thats what happens when you become part of the superfriends...

you either turn gay (gabe), are gay already (romeo), move out of state(omar), become dead inside( wolf), get forgotten about (inks), or just become ******** to the point that you cannot form sentences for communicating with others(Easy Jay). Still though, in the worse case scenario, you become Hugs.

Knivez

Smash Ace
you lost to me in a friendly at a biweekly some time back.
i guess you cant say never ever.

knowing you though, you're probably johning ERR *joining peter Pan in Never-Ever land with all your dreams of becoming the next big latino pop artist in the scene, all while you ride Gabe (in yoshi form of course) throughout the land as fairies pass you by and whisper "you're the shet HUGO!"

we all like to dream. thats why hugo counter picks on Dreamland.

Aesis

Smash Ace
you lost to me in a friendly at a biweekly some time back.
i guess you cant say never ever.

knowing you though, you're probably johning ERR *joining peter Pan in Never-Ever land with all your dreams of becoming the next big latino pop artist in the scene, all while you ride Gabe (in yoshi form of course) throughout the land as fairies pass you by and whisper "you're the shet HUGO!"

we all like to dream. thats why hugo counter picks on Dreamland.
ROFL.

Oh and on what Knives said... yeah it's true... doubles are usually considered warm-ups...
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Good point
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
I don't know anymore.

Singles first for now.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well, I'll be driving down Friday arriving in LA around 5-6 PM.

I may be taking some smashers with me. However they can't stay with me where I'm going. (Either they're underage or I don't like them and don't want to expose my REAL friends to them.)

Basically I'd need someone to help me (and every NorCaler ever) by taking potential smashers off my hands from 5-6 to whenever the Norcal bunch gets down there. You don't have to house them overnight, just keep them occupied until the rest of the group gets there. Make sure they don't run off unattended.

The closer you live to the UCLA area the better.

This is strictly a precaution, though. Potentially I might take no one with me. However if I do this would be nice.

Keep them away from anyone named Alan.

(Oh, and dreaming in my book is when Hugo counter picks Battlefield.)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Lime cat owns.

Also whenever singles is done first, the entrants to doubles decrease. Because alot of people leave. However if doubles is done first, it coerces people to say because everyone wants to do singles ;)

That's the only excuse I can come up with because I really need the warm ups through teams to play my best in singles..hahaha. Wait a minute, i'm a Peach, I don't need to warm up. Singles first it is!

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
I’d prefer if you kept it the way it was. Doubles is good for warm ups and I never get any friendlies before the tourney starts so it helps me a lot.

Aesis, count me in for a cube and possibly a VCR. You guys should have some tapes ready for this.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
lol singles should be first because ppl get worn out 4rm teams but thats just wat i think iono

Top Bottom