• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

emerican

Smash Ace
dang, Isai AND ISAAAIIII JUNNNAAAAHHHHHHHH both comming to socal :) too good.

me and romeo vs isai and ss? hahahah.. talk about evil knees >.>

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
So pretty much, the best of California are going to be there on Saturday, with the exception of Manacloud.
I REALLY hope you mean that Manacloud's an exception to being the best of Cali.:laugh: As WELL as not coming....:laugh:

Zoap

Smash Master
The GERM said:
No Ken and Isai won't cancel each other out because Isai is most likely coming.
very interesting, i love how i find out about these things.:ohwell:

So Im just wondering how we were going to fit 12 people in my car.:confused:

EDIT: I guess its gonna be fine with the new information I've received.

Aesis

Smash Ace
i cant go if i dotn have housing btw
I'm glad you can go, but it's somewhat short notice since we never planned housing anyway. If anyone steps up that'd be cool tho. I personally can't do it because my plans after the tournament are still tentative.

Anyway Simna is good! House him you'll get some great Ness and ... Fox practice XDDDDDD

OH, and if Isai does end up coming, I'd be more excited about the NorCal vs SoCal crew battle just because it's Isai and wow, who would we send against Isai XD

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
I think we should do pen1s before crews, and possibly before teams, since it's the most important.

Actually lol NorCal vs. SoCal would probably be difficult, considering the likelihood of this being a large tourney. Regular crews is even pushing it.

If we can get teams and singles done at a reasonable hour, I'd be impressed.

One thing I would like to mention is that, despite Alan's understanding and generousity regarding peoples' arrival times to the tourney, and lateness issues, etc...I think we should seriously have a fairly strict time at which people NEED to be at the ****ing venue by. I'm not gonna' john it 'cause I waltz into venues fairly late myself from time to time, and **** happens, but I think it's important that people realize that you can't just show up 45 minutes to an hour late when an arrival time has been set prior to the event. It's just ridiculous. Hosting a tourney with a turn out like this (or at least one the size of what we can expect) really won't go well unless there's good organization and management, which Alan can handle, I'm sure, but, like he said, we need people to contribute to the smoothness of it all. So I think it's important people show some punctuality.

Anyway, if I had to choose, I'd pick regular crews over NorCal vs. SoCal. A regional-ish crew battle is gonna' be dumb because of crap people already mentioned, such as Ken or Isai not being present, or johns, or whatever. Who gives a **** I guess =/ LOL

And if anyone can bring extra pen1s, I think that'd also be a big help in getting this thing done in timely manner.

AvilaJ

Smash Cadet
I think I might be attending, Ill will bring a tv and a cube, my crew also would like to join the Tourny. Its 4 in all
THANK YOU

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
omar has a good point everybody needs to ***** be on time. honestly though i think the tournament should start earlier, cuz either way with or with out socal vs norcal its gonna be late as *** for regular crews, people will be tired already.

forgot to say, alan put me down for cube and tv.

and everybody try to bring a cube at least, tv if you can. last time we had about 10 and it took a while still with a little more than half the people that probably will show up this time.

nublet06

Smash Lord
im just gonna have to talk a bunch of norcal vs socal **** talk so you guys will have to throw down.

for example when silent spectre triple knees me but misses the 4th knee......ill be like WOW if you were socal you would of hit that.

or when king some how misses a rest. WOW if you were socal you would of hit that.

ill have to save some of the better ones for the tournament.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
I will be attending for sure and it should start early because to many people are coming and it will take a long time and especially crews towards the end thats going to take a while

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
yeah i will bring a tv and cube roffle stop losing to my D.K LOL Alan make sure you put me on the list

Aesis

Smash Ace
TV List
10 TVs last time !
1. Aesis
2. Lounge TV
3. Nasty Nate
4. ROFL TV?
5. 8-Bit
6. LucKy!
7. Edrees
8. NeighborhoodP
9. NeighborhoodP
10. JTB
11. Blitz
12. AvilaJ
13. Romeo
14. Danimals

Cubes/Wii
11 Gamecubes last time !
1. Aesis
2. HugS
3. Brettz0r GC?
4. 8-Bit
5. Nasty Nate
6. Lucky!
7. Edrees
8. NeighborhoodP
9. JTB
10. Blitz
11. Petoo0
12. AvilaJ
13. Romeo
14. Danimals

We just need 6 MORE!!!!
Also, I was wondering about the Start Time. Considering that UCLA is in the middle of everywhere, from SD to Palmdale to Ventura, if we did warm-ups at 10 and start at 11 would that be okay? We only need 6 more TVs for my projections to be more than right XD

Pushing it too early will just make people hungry later on. I guess we'll have pizza delivery going on all throughout the day. Poor... (name of pizza place).

CAN PPL BRING VCR's? I want to have lots of these matches recorded. THERE IS NO DOUBT there will be titanic battles going on throughout the day.

I have 1 VCR myself and that's what we used last time. We recorded a lot too! So if we could get as many VCRs as possible, WITH the extra AV cables that connect, thatd be too good. And I only have 1 power strip. So ... yeah. Unless you're bringing digital video cameras, aka JTB and Champ, then we need some more power strips lol. I guess I'll go buy a few -___-

But WOW 14 TVs already and it's only Wednesday. The SoCal community is too good!

nublet06

Smash Lord
my TV has a built in VCR too goodsies.

ill bring a VHS tape too. the only thing worth watching on it is jay getting 4 stocked by me and hugos ganon getting ***** by BoA. so you can go ahead and put UCLA **** over it.

Top Bottom