• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
DBR's coming, I'm there for sure =] Do you guys mind if I come buzzed/drunk/hung over..? I'm a happy drunk, I swear! And I only hit on girls when I'm drunk!

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
OMFG I can't believe I thought it was this past Saturday! I didn't ask off for work and so I have to work this Saturday as well! Wtf? WTFFF??? I'm so gonna get off somehow, somehow, somehow... WHEN I do come, who's gonna team w/me? Kira? Let me know dude. And MM's with Jay, Rom, JTB, Fabian, and Mike. I wanna see NorCal vs SoCal 2, considering the 1st one looked like it was going to be the best video ever then never got released!!! :mad: :mad: Also Alan, let's get together sometime from now till Friday. I'll IM you. This is seriously lookin like it's gonna shape up to be one ***** hell of a fun time...

Aesis

Smash Ace
OK GUYS. Little did we know that our friends from NorCal would be coming, let alone the wondrous King of C0ck as well! The number of people at this tournament would naturally impose on our beloved ability to play FRIENDLIES. So I'm asking the SoCal community (and possibly the NorCal vanpool if you can fit one in the trunk, if not, that's ok) to please

BRING TV's and GAMECUBES w/SSBM.
I am shooting for 20 TV's and GC's.
Let's make this happen!!!

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
OMFG I can't believe I thought it was this past Saturday! I didn't ask off for work and so I have to work this Saturday as well! Wtf? WTFFF??? I'm so gonna get off somehow, somehow, somehow... WHEN I do come, who's gonna team w/me? Kira? Let me know dude. And MM's with Jay, Rom, JTB, Fabian, and Mike. I wanna see NorCal vs SoCal 2, considering the 1st one looked like it was going to be the best video ever then never got released!!! :mad: :mad: Also Alan, let's get together sometime from now till Friday. I'll IM you. This is seriously lookin like it's gonna shape up to be one ***** hell of a fun time...
I'll team with you; I've been working on my team game, but if you want someone better, that's cool.

Aesis, you can put me down for 2 TVs and a cube. Everyone who can bring something should...

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
hey neighborhoodP Ill bring a cube for your TV
And TrafficWarden, hit me up on AIM. My AIM is Lime827. Im probably gonna team with noir though so you might have to find a doubles partner there.

Aesis

Smash Ace

WE NEED TV'S and GAMECUBES (w/ SSBM) TO MAKE THE TOURNAMENT GO AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.
Without TV's, tourneys go SUPPPPER SLOW. No one enjoys them. That also means barely any friendlies. SO BRING TV's. If you are hesitant to bring a TV, BRING IT anyway!!!

:embarrass :embarrass

Kanzaki, please don't be drunk at the tournament. I do care. I'd rather things be smooth and without incidence. Thanksssies

Oh, for NorCal vs SoCal crew battle I'd like to designate HugS as SoCal's Team Captain again. If there any objections, voice them, but that's how it stands as of right now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

anti

Smash Journeyman
Umm... I don't think I'll be bringing my 2 TV's and cubes this time. I had an earlier post about it..It's because of the memory card that got stolen last time.

Aesis

Smash Ace
Umm... I don't think I'll be bringing my 2 TV's and cubes this time. I had an earlier post about it..It's because of the memory card that got stolen last time.
Is your memory card black? With old adhesive on it? Cuz I have that.

Thanks JTB

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Awww man, that sucks. Come on smash, give him his memory card back :(

nublet06

Smash Lord
you guys should probly not bring memory cads if you are bringing a cube. we only really need one. and ill have mine in my pocket and im sure aesis will have one ready. just load the cube and then take it out.

it sucks people steal these things. i guess they arent good enough to unlock game and watch :p

Aesis

Smash Ace
Assuming that the people who are confirmed are the ones coming then:

1. King (possibly)
  2. SS
  3. Lunin (possibly)
  4. Germ
  5. Zel
  6. Bob$
  7. Falcomist
  8. Hella
  9. SideFX
  10. Zoap

vs

1. DSF
  2. HugS
  3. Edrees
  4. Wolf
  5. Mike Y
  6. Knives
  7. Romeo
  8. Azeem
  9. Aesis
  10. Champ

Based on the fact that NorCal is coming with whoever can actually come, it's my personal opinion that we just use the rankings as the means of forming the SoCal crew. In contrast, I know we typically have discussion over the balance of characters within a crew and how important that aspect is, but considering that NorCal doesn't have that luxury I think it's only fair we do the same thing.

On the matter of there being an 8v8 with 2 alts, or however many NorCal come with x number of alts, I think it wouldn't be right if we didn't have ALL of them play in the crew battle. However, there is no doubt that the skill and spectacle of other players in our region would be awesome to watch (ROFL), but as I said, NorCal doesn't have that option of picking and choosing.

EDIT: We already know it's not the definitive NorCal vs SoCal crew battle without Ken/Isai and essentially the entire Top 25 Line ups for each region.
DOUBLE EDIT: But for the sake of winning and bragging rights, while at the same time being fair, I propose we use the aforementioned system or some variation of it.

Having said that, we already know SoCal is better so that in itself is moot anyway.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Like, seriously, you know how hard it is to convince my parents I'm gonna go to UCLA for the weekend and come back on Sunday night?

Or I say something like:

"There's a tourny in Hayward on Saturday, but DBR is having an overnight smashfest at their house on Friday. So I'll be leaving early friday...ALSO, there's a barbeque in Concord at my friend's house on Sunday (tournament afterparty), and I'm gonna go to that too--can I go?"

Then the car breaks down on IS-5 sunday-afternoon >.>...

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Like, seriously, you know how hard it is to convince my parents I'm gonna go to UCLA for the weekend and come back on Sunday night?

Or I say something like:

"There's a tourny in Hayward on Saturday, but DBR is having an overnight smashfest at their house on Friday. So I'll be leaving early friday...ALSO, there's a barbeque in Concord at my friend's house on Sunday (tournament afterparty), and I'm gonna go to that too--can I go?"

Then the car breaks down on IS-5 sunday-afternoon >.>...
Just tell them you got sponsored to endorse your book at UCLA. Just don't tell them the name of the book was 7 Habits of a Professional Smasher..haha.

HylianLord

Smash Ace
just up smash those noobs. you got this lunin.

plus...asian parents are always so understanding. >.>
LOOL. A HAHAHAHAHAHAAIH AHOWMLASFJ;;ATJL;JSAFDL;JASFL;J K!! 11 ONE !!1111 one 1!1!11!!!!

ahh glad that come out correctly. anyways, good luck to norcal (assuming they're going). i think this was the topic of falcomist's chatroom last night loool. and ROFL seriously makes me ROFL >_>. man i want to visit socal... imagine a junior in high school trying to convince his parents to go to UCLA for ssbm... ai ya...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I want a rematch with Hugos Ganon >=)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Just do what I do and don't tell your parents. They didn't know when I went to Norcal or Arizona. I said I was at Azeem's when i was in Arizona. Zona, Zeem it's all the same.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Or just tell them that you are going to Socal to show us that Norcal > Socal :p

Top Bottom