• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

emerican

Smash Ace
Speaking of IC... since wobbles is now punishable by death at UCLA... how's it gonna be regulated with over 50 smashers running around all over the place?

say i get wobbled a stock... does that count as suicide or forfeit or what?

araknophobik

Smash Master
im not team captain...but why not have rofl on the team instead of champ or wolf? i love them both but there's 2 fox's and 2 peachums on the team, a luigi instead of one of those couldn't hurt ;)

Zoap

Smash Master
So Norcal is 100% confirmed going, Also I dont see any rule about wobbling but is it banned? I would just like to know cuz it wasnt on the first page as far as I could see.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
im not team captain...but why not have rofl on the team instead of champ or wolf? i love them both but there's 2 fox's and 2 peachums on the team, a luigi instead of one of those couldn't hurt ;)
Well I WAAAAS gonna add you fabian, but you play sheik, and so does alex. So we'll have to exclude you. Lol, most ridiculous Idea ever. You can't exclude players to promote character diversity unless it's needed.

Plus, aesis already said we'd do it by player rank. I think he didn't realize that DC is ahead of champ, so DC would take the 10th spot.

If he changes his mind about doing it by ranking, then I may include ROFL, but not to add diversity, and not to get rid of wolf or champ

Wait aesis, I wanted to know if you'd be cool with using Omar since he is and always will be socal. He'd rank top 10 in socal if he was here anyways, so yeah?

Oh wait wait wait, hold on. He plays Sheik, and alex does too, and so does aesis, So lets follow fabian's advice and get rid of aesis and Omar since we already got alex's sheik. Anyone play pichu?

No but seriously, lets add omar

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
o.O

The page count shot up by 6-7 in less than a day. Jesus christ :psycho:.

Well, I'm still coming. I'm going to be a bit short on cash though, so no MMs from me :( but I'd still like to play tons of friendlies with everyone :)!

ROFLLUUUIIIIGGGIIII! I haven't forgotten that one match :laugh:. I was ahead by 2 lives and all of a sudden I lost all 4 lives to your 2 lives :dizzy:. #@$% Luigi players...lol. Hopefully we can play on saturday.

Hope to see everyone else there.

Knivez

Smash Ace
champ is STILL on the power rankings?
WTF PEOPLE.

i think we should have different characters and no repetitions at all to match the color of the rainbow.

so lets see,

dsf/black marth- cause hes gansta

hugs/ coral pink samus- cause hes gay

edreese/white peach- cause hes racist

mike Y / tan Falco- again, no char. repetition allowed

Knives/ gay fox- i mean red fox.

gabe/ straight, green yoshi- (although yoshi is asexual by nature, just like gabe)

omar/ purple sheik- stfu, hes part of socal still.

falcomist/ golden roy- did u guys see that shet?? man, that roy ***** enough to be part of socal. just like fabian.

romeo/ BLUE FALCON ! - in the style of power rangers.

the 10th person will be JTB or someone equally as good, like easy Jay.
they can be whoever they wanna be. in the army.
with other men.
naked.

oh and on 2nd thought, lets use Teba. His performance vs Hugs in that one crew battle was rather...umm cant find the right words... INBIQUIOUS.

yes..thats not a word.
NICE

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Shut the f*ck up Fabian. NOBODY loves Champ.

Knivez

Smash Ace
WOW LOL.

thats almost as bad as champ's inability to say pizza or nicolas cage.

definately as bad as his playing ability however.

Charoo

Smash Champion
neal yung: champ is gonna be a programmer soon
StUPerdupERMAN69: "match me"
neal yung: I'm so proud
StUPerdupERMAN69: not money match
DAHKTERem: NO WAY
Xuerarit: haha
DAHKTERem: why are u encouraging champ?
Xuerarit: hello world
neal yung: show them your C++ skillz
E dreesesPieces: champ's programs are gonna have errors like his speech
Darkshark25: lol
DAHKTERem: LOL
JustPha: i love caotic
DAHKTERem: shut up pha
E dreesesPieces: like instead of doing a loop multiple times like a plural
DAHKTERem: no one likes u
E dreesesPieces: he'll do it once
E dreesesPieces: like his singular
DAHKTERem: just leave
neal yung: LOL edrees
E dreesesPieces: jk champ
E dreesesPieces: hehe
EternalCloud08: LOL

i can't say Balance too...

Aesis

Smash Ace
Well I WAAAAS gonna add you fabian, but you play sheik, and so does alex. So we'll have to exclude you. Lol, most ridiculous Idea ever. You can't exclude players to promote character diversity unless it's needed.

Plus, aesis already said we'd do it by player rank. I think he didn't realize that DC is ahead of champ, so DC would take the 10th spot.

If he changes his mind about doing it by ranking, then I may include ROFL, but not to add diversity, and not to get rid of wolf or champ

Wait aesis, I wanted to know if you'd be cool with using Omar since he is and always will be socal. He'd rank top 10 in socal if he was here anyways, so yeah?

Oh wait wait wait, hold on. He plays Sheik, and alex does too, and so does aesis, So lets follow fabian's advice and get rid of aesis and Omar since we already got alex's sheik. Anyone play pichu?

Keep in mind, I'm trying NOT to be dictatorial just because it's my tournament. I agree on the inclusion of Omar. Essentially, I'd like you to keep in mind what I said about it and go from there. But you ARE the Team Captain.

I thought DC moved already? DSF plays Marth! Unless he resurrected Sheik against other characters, otherwise he uses Sheik against Marth only, as evidenced by the close set between him and BoAaaaAaaaAaaaaa which was not recorded because they're noobs.

Anyway, it's Hugo's choice in the end.

Added some stuff on first page in response to the confusion of banning and such.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
yea i think dc should be in it and omar theyd **** so is there a time period for all this it sounds like its gonna be pretty big hopefully things dont end like at 11 the crew battle should be after singles and teams i say singles teams crew battle ^^.

Aesis

Smash Ace
yea i think dc should be in it and omar theyd **** so is there a time period for all this it sounds like its gonna be pretty big hopefully things dont end like at 11 the crew battle should be after singles and teams i say singles teams crew battle ^^.

I see it like this:

If we have the number of TV's we need (20) then we'll have things running really smoothly. From about 1:30 - 2:00 the tournament should be running pretty efficiently.

11:00 Warm Ups/Arrivals
- I KNOW people will be late. It's inevitable. But I want everyone to PLEASE try to get their on time. It's actually really important that everyone gets there on time.

1. At 12 PM, idealistically we will begin Doubles. I will take entry for both Doubles and Singles, but if people come later for Singles I can add them to the Singles bracket. When Winner's Finals for Doubles is done, we wait for Loser's Bracket to finish. During this time I'd like the NorCal and SoCal teams to come together and begin their preliminary strategic planning, I will allow a maximum of 15 minutes for the teams to get their sh*t together.
2. Again, based on my goal of 20 TVs and my calculations, and assuming we REALLY start around 1:00 forrreaaal, NorCal vs SoCal crew battle begins AT THE LATEST at 4:00 PM. 3 hours for Doubles is even pushing it. With 20 TV's Doubles can finish in 2 HOURS! NO JOKE!
3. The regional crew battle will take approx. an hour or so. I would personally want EVERYONE watching this so we can make an awesome video of crowd reactions and blah blah. Too bad we won't have Isai :urg: :urg: :urg:
4. Theoretically then, we will begin Singles at 5 or 5:30 PM! I would say this is somewhat realistic and an overestimation. That is, we would probably start Singles EARLIER by as much as 90 minutes.
5. Further overestimation has Singles Finals ending at 9:30. Crews in a 16-man bracket will AT MOST take 2.5 hours.
6. Thus the day will end at midnight! And the time period around 8 pm will consist of tournament + friendlies + MM's. So I'm confident everyone will get their money's worth and friendlies worth if and ONLY IF we BRING TV's and GAMECUBES w/ SSBM to reach our goal of 20 TVs.

Conversely if we do Singles, NorCal vs SoCal, Doubles, Crews then (oh God here we go again):

| 1:00-1:30 | Start truckin' finally because people ARE LAME and LATE and hauling TV's in still.
| 1:30-5:00 | Entire Singles Bracket finishes
| 5:00-6:30 | NorCal vs SoCal
| 6:30-9:30 | Entire Doubles Bracket finishes
| 9:30-MID | Crews Bracket finishes

vs

|1:00-1:30 | Start truckin' finally because people ARE LAME and LATE and hauling TV's in still.
|1:30-4:00 | Entire Doubles Bracket finishes
|4:00-5:30 | NorCal vs SoCal
|5:30-9:30 | Entire Singles Bracket finishes
|9:30-MID | Crews Bracket finishes​

Again, these are exaggerated times. Singles should end earlier. NC vs SC ends earlier. Doubles ends earlier. Crews ends way earlier. And mid-way through each event there should be enough TVs for friendlies and such.

Seriously, it took me forever to calculate based on a FULL 128-man bracket. Given we probably won't reach 128 Singles entrants, I'd have both Doubles AND Singles ending earlier than I predicted. SO YEAH, Friendlies galore and overall FUNSIES if we everyone contributes!

The GERM

Smash Ace
Eh?

I don't see why we're doing Norcal vs. Socal when you guys don't have Ken and Isai is coming. A win for Norcal wouldn't even seem like a win if you guys don't have Ken and then Socal would start a Hurricane Catrina of Johns. I say to save time and to get more friendlies in, we just do regular crews after teams, but it's really up to you guys, your tournament.

Aesis

Smash Ace
I don't see why we're doing Norcal vs. Socal when you guys don't have Ken and Isai is coming. A win for Norcal wouldn't even seem like a win if you guys don't have Ken and then Socal would start a Hurricane Catrina of Johns. I say to save time and to get more friendlies in, we just do regular crews after teams, but it's really up to you guys, your tournament.
I think it's an event similar to the SoCal Top 20 Crew Battle at Best of SoCal 2006. For exhibition of our cumulative California skill. I mentioned before how the bragging rights were minimal. It's your choice if you guys want to do it.

But you're right. Time and lack of TVs may not allow for all of the events. It's then that we pick whether to do crews or NorCal vs SoCal. I'd probably lean towards cutting the NorCal/SoCal crew battle in favor of doing straight up crews, but this depends on what everyone wants. So post, guys.

In the meantime, I'm going to bed, work sucked today.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
I dont know i kinda wanna do NC vs SC but that will take a long a$s time, and wouldnt be much of a difference between crews seeing as how most of the norcal line up would all be dbr. so in a way regular crews is kinda like norcal vs socal.

but either way we may not have time for it, even last time with about 48 people i think the tournament ended like around 9 - 9:30. so everyone has gotta bring some ***** tvs and cubes so it will end at least at 12.

araknophobik

Smash Master

look *****, i didn't mean it in a sense of diversity
i just believe rofl should be in the crew battle because he *****
and i would much rather lose champ's fox than rom's falcon

dont worry, i think your position on the team is solidified
i was gonna suggest manacloud be the team captain
being as you both suck alot of ****
but he seems to be busy at the biweekly
so you'll have to do
...***** :cool:

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
I'm in favor of Crews instead of Norcal Vs Socal. And at the end if we have time, and if everyone still wants to do it, Norcal vs Socal.

As for crews, anyone want to take a shot at DBR? Superfriends...I'm lookin at you...

nublet06

Smash Lord
dont ken and isai kind of cancel eachother out tho? if anything socal beating norcal wouldnt be legit. because based on ken vs isai track record isai seems to win a little more.

doesnt really matter tho because we are all west coast <3

its seems norcal doesnt really want to do norcal vs socal very much....so im down for only doing it if there is time left.

DBR, superfriends, DSC, palmdale crew bracket or roun drobin?

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
yea and usually ppl john singles cuz there were tired from crews thats wat happened at champ combo so i definatly think singles should be before crews but thats jus wat i think and yea this will definatly take a long time lol with crews socal on norcal singles and teams 4 that to happen this should be a 2 day event haha i rather that than be at a smash tourney from 12 to 12 >.<

The GERM

Smash Ace
No Ken and Isai won't cancel each other out because Isai is most likely coming.

PS: Alex, why do you still have the 1983 banner?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Isai is coming?!

So pretty much, the best of California are going to be there on Saturday, with the exception of Manacloud.

Is Ken banned too? Or is it just Mike?

Top Bottom