• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Well, I'll be driving down Friday arriving in LA around 5-6 PM.

I may be taking some smashers with me. However they can't stay with me where I'm going. (Either they're underage or I don't like them and don't want to expose my REAL friends to them.)

Basically I'd need someone to help me (and every NorCaler ever) by taking potential smashers off my hands from 5-6 to whenever the Norcal bunch gets down there. You don't have to house them overnight, just keep them occupied until the rest of the group gets there. Make sure they don't run off unattended.

The closer you live to the UCLA area the better.

This is strictly a precaution, though. Potentially I might take no one with me. However if I do this would be nice.

Keep them away from anyone named Alan.

(Oh, and dreaming in my book is when Hugo counter picks Battlefield.)
Quoted for Urgency

btw can anyone down in socal house a group of about 15^_^?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
But Mana never loses. Its common knowledge >_>

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
I lol'd when I read knivez's post.

~~~

I prefer doubles first too, because I know I won't feel like doing doubles after singles. Doubles is a warm up for me, and singles is the real event. But I guess it's just a matter of perspective; some people like to get singles out of the way then have fun in teams and crews. It'll be ok either way, I guess.

I'll come at around like...10:00am. I can definitely bring a wii/cube if it's needed, but it looks like that's already taken care of.

Oscar, we need to play for old times sake. I'll be more careful about that sillynanny misfire of yours this time...lol. 2/3!

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm...singles first...doubles first...

I'm gonna' say doubles first. You guys are talking about being tired, but if we do what Hugo mentioned about delaying the finals of both singles and doubles 'til the end, this would be ideal because doubles would finish at an early enough time to have all players ready to play singles, likely warmed up from their doubles matches.

I don't know about you guys but I hate playing important matches really early in the morning without any warm-up. A.k.a. me vs. FastLikeTree at MLG Anaheim. The fact that I entered the match like that and still took it to fifth round is pretty sad lol. But I digress.

I think I vote doubles first, then singles (maybe crews after doubles but preferably singles first), then finals of all events at the end.

That way, the most important events get done at a reasonable hour. Just my thirty six cents though. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Knivez

Smash Ace
doubles first, it creates the mood for passionate love.

hugs is just trying to rush and spoil the tournament because his performance in singles will be dissapointing ( he knows this already), and hopes that people will forget about it by the end of the day if he does ok in doubles and crews.

Dont worry hugo, you get brownie points for trying.

dinner on hugo after the tourny. keep it going

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
So some crazy plan changes came up, and now instead of me busing it LA Greyhound on my own, Demised and I are gonna' be driving to SoCal for this thing. x.x

We might/probably need a place to stay. <.< u_u If not, we can sleep in the car somewhere I'm sure. =D -_-

Edit: Speaking of which, DBR/NorCal? Where you guys staying at? =/ I'd like to stay with people I know, preferably.

Hmmm...

Well, get back to me peeps. I leave tomorrow morning. -_-

Zoap

Smash Master
I say dbles first but thats just personal preference. Isai, did boback say you were coming in my truck?

Omar: As of right now I think we were just gonna get a motel when we get down there or something. I dont know what simna was talking about as we never wanted someone to house us(seeing as there are 10 in my car and 3 in scamps) thats alot so we were just gonna get a motel to answer ur question.

Aesis

Smash Ace
Doubles first.

I just remembered last month when ROFL and I teamed and Chet nub was chokesies and I had to 2v1 our first round against random team. Then I had 0-death the marth at 147%...

so yeah
doubles is warm up
needsies

anti

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that was a fast reply Aesis, are you checking the thread every minute? =p

EDIT: Actually, I shouldn't be talking cause I posted 2 mins after yours >.>;

festizzio

Smash Champion
All right I'll be coming to this one, I'll bring a cube w/smash but my tv's ****in huge so I wont be bringing that. :laugh:

Knivez

Smash Ace
OK GUYS SERIOUSLY NO JOHNS HERE.

the following people have been deemed asexual for a while now-

Hugo
Gabe
Falcomist
Champ
Neal
aesis + friends( which is like 2 other people- one being his funny but inappropriate uncle george)
Norcal

anyone else i forget?

so to those guys...here's your chance to proof you still got a pair!

5 v 5 basketball crew battle!!!!!

Deepsocal challenges any crew battle to a battle of wits and sweat.

so i now ask the question that everyones been waiting for....

do you have the BALLS enough to participate?

winner takes Azeem home for the night.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well, you could always do doubles until top 8 or something like that. Then have finals on a PROJECTOR! Hey hey hey!

Then do singles until THAT top 8.

And so on.

I don't really know how this tourney is gonna be run. Is it just fatty double-elim?

And I have no idea what's going on anymore, but I could still use some help taking care of whoever I bring on Friday. Otherwise I guess I'll just have to leave them on UCLA campus. The theatre department in Davis was a nice place to sleep. I bet the UCLA theatre department is divine!

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Deep Socal challenges UCLA's mens basketball team to a game

Oh wait, they aren't here

So we win by default. Deep Socal bball > UCLA bball.

tricksies.

Hyoogo is stupid

araknophobik

Smash Master
So some crazy plan changes came up, and now instead of me busing it LA Greyhound on my own, Demised and I are gonna' be driving to SoCal for this thing. x.x

We might/probably need a place to stay. <.< u_u If not, we can sleep in the car somewhere I'm sure. =D -_-

Edit: Speaking of which, DBR/NorCal? Where you guys staying at? =/ I'd like to stay with people I know, preferably.

Hmmm...

Well, get back to me peeps. I leave tomorrow morning. -_-
houseing AZ is my specialty, you guys are too chill
where's taj/sean/rob though? o.O
none the less, ill be willing to house you and demised

Aesis

Smash Ace
Well, you could always do doubles until top 8 or something like that. Then have finals on a PROJECTOR! Hey hey hey!

Then do singles until THAT top 8.

And so on.

I don't really know how this tourney is gonna be run. Is it just fatty double-elim?

And I have no idea what's going on anymore, but I could still use some help taking care of whoever I bring on Friday. Otherwise I guess I'll just have to leave them on UCLA campus. The theatre department in Davis was a nice place to sleep. I bet the UCLA theatre department is divine!
WE HAVE NO TIME FOR THAT POOL NONSENSE

Omar's staying at Wolf's Fabian
I'm conferring whether to do pools.
An interesting appeal of round robin --> double elim bracket is that even the non-ranked players and underdogs still get to play more than 2 tournament matches. Personally, I think it's important for the community to get better, not just the good players. So I would hate to go 2 and out at a tournament... lamesies

But we'll see

nublet06

Smash Lord
sorry guys. but it looks like doubles is already over. me and aesis won it for being amazing.

lol jk but we are gonna try our best to defend our title. ROFL + Aesis will be undisputed UCLA team champs FOREVER

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
Tim Demised will need a partner for this tourney, most likely.

I'm setting some things up for him on the side, but it's not gauranteed. If there's anyone...hm..well I'm not gonna' be a bytch, 'cause a teammate is better than no teammate, but, this might be his last tourney. That said, I'd like him to have a good time and do well in teams, so if you think you can handle that and step it up, then, yeah...Tim needs a teams partner.

He's a great jigglypuff...kind of out of practice, but, from my personal experience, you don't really get worse. You might stagnate or stop improving, but you don't lose your skill (I don't think I ever did when I moved).

And besides, he'll be smashing with most of my crew and with me extensively before the tourney, so I'm sure he'll be prepared.

With that said...yeah...just let me know. And just to reitterate what I kind of touched on...I have a couple people in mind for him, so only post if you can keep your options open as well, because I don't want anyone ending up teammate-less.

I'll check the boards sometime tomorrow before leaving for Cali.

Peace

Edit: No PMs, just post. Thanks.

Aesis

Smash Ace
I was taking my final last night, and at about the 2 hour mark, i started imagining myself playing as Peach this Saturday. One more final to go!
I was studying and started thinking about Smash.

Yeah that happened 20 times to me today.
Last final on Friday!
THEN I CAN PREPARE MYSELF MENTALLY FOR THE TORRENT OF SMASHERS COMING TO UCLA.

**** Tourney!!! k done work is too good; pulling DSF shifts woot

The GERM

Smash Ace
Scamp: 1: who are you bringing? 2: Why can't you just drop them off at a nearby motel? We already have too many people sleeping in our room but they should just go to the same motel. I think Motel 6 about 8 miles from UCLA.

thecupid

Smash Rookie
I know how you feel...

ucla better win there basketball game or else im a be sad and not wanna come lolz
Dude I know exactly how you feel. Last year I went up to see UCLA in the Elite 8 vs. LA... skipping that this year to go hang out with 50 sweaty, disgusting, and probably single men. I know where the fun is...

Jack Lavender

Smash Cadet
I should probably do some homework this weekend...

Count me in.

Anyone passing by Inglewood?

I thought so. >_>

Gonna have to put my bum on the bus and hope i don't button my bungles.

bah!

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman

I'd second pools for sure. It's better that way. More balanced, and it makes brackets more fair as well. I'm at Demised's (demised's LOL WTf) house. We're leaving soon. SoCal here we come. =)

Aesis

Smash Ace
lol you live like 20min away
i was offering houseing to those ****** driving hours for the tourny

yo aesis, put me down for a tv
YES!
Fabian makes it 20 TV's!
GOOD FCKING SHT

Anyway, we could fit 2 more. Actually LOL. So if anyone wants to step it up. YEP.
20 TV's. GOOD FCKING SHT.
VCRs guys? XD w/AV cables

LuCKy

Smash Master
i think both my tvs have built in vcr's and i could bring a reagular vcr...........im gonna have to put sticky noes on my stuff lol

how any tapes are you gonna have?

festizzio

Smash Champion
I just wanted to clarify that I am going to attend this, and I am bringing my cube, so you can add me to the first post. :) Also I'll bring my TV. No Johns ;)

Top Bottom