• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Gindler

Smash Champion
Well retro you need to go to a smasfest soon, I need more of your kirby practice. I need to learn to not get grabbed, and you grab alot for a kirby.

Kei's peach I STILL need to beat...just once would be nice.

Tony, your snake too. I haven't played your snake 1 on 1 for quite sometime.

That was a nice "bump"

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Sooooo....brawl+ is getting into character specific physics mods (like, changing gravity settings for specific characters), and it's pretty sweet. Pretty soon we'll have some fast fallers, some floaties, and some in betweens all jumping at different heights.

Yay diversity.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
Sooooo....brawl+ is getting into character specific physics mods (like, changing gravity settings for specific characters), and it's pretty sweet. Pretty soon we'll have some fast fallers, some floaties, and some in betweens all jumping at different heights.

Yay diversity.
Bowser needs super armor on all of his smashes and ftilt. Then he'll be good again.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Bowser needs super armor on all of his smashes and ftilt. Then he'll be good again.
His Dsmash should at least have super armor. Or invincibility, I mean he is in his shell and I'm sure that thing is tough, heck squirtle gets some stuff like that on his in-shell attacks.

Yoshi having an invincible head on his dash attack and Fsmash like in melee would be nice too...

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
^^We can't really do stuff like that guys.

All we can modify is speed (total animation speed), knockback, and damage.
I'm pretty sure there's a code for super armor on moves somewhere. If it were found, it'd be an easy fix. Also, Falco is already ridiculous in Brawl+.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
There's nothing gay about snake
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XlprBpXp6wQ/SYdAtqfogHI/AAAAAAAAAEY/HcaWUkvNq6Q/s1600-h/Kitty+Snake.jpg

Snake's equivalent of the Pink Falcon.

I'm pretty sure there's a code for super armor on moves somewhere. If it were found, it'd be an easy fix. Also, Falco is already ridiculous in Brawl+.
Not exactly. Modifying knockback/damage/animation speed is as simple as just changing a few values in the original code. Changing the amount of invincibility or SA may be possible as well (on moves that have them). But adding entire mechanics is a different story and takes a lot of codespace.

So i'm guessing they're working on MK (from what I've heard) with that then?

Oh and fix the gay Snake Ftilt "lock"
Yeah, we're going to do something with MK. We're thinking about making him even lighter, and lowering the knockback on his KO moves (d-smash, f-smash, up B, nair, and maybe dair).

As for Snake, we're not quite sure what to do about his F-tilt, but it's not really a lock anyway (you can tech it). We'll probably lower the knockback on up tilt, but Snake really doesn't need much nerfing.

We increased the knockback of Shiek's f-tilt so that it doesn't chain into itself for so long.

Really, the character specific changes I was talking about was gravity (you assign different gravity values to individual characters), short hop heights, full jump/double jump heights (they're a package deal unfortunately) ect. We'll get into buffs/nerfs later (mostly buffs, 'cause nerfs upset the mains of those characters. We'll only nerf where absolutely necessary)

Toneh

Smash Lord
Fest this saturdayyyyy. 1 pm.
I'll prolly do that bracket thing again, maybe even twice. Dont forget a teams bracket ;p.
Who can bring setups (wii / tv)

Toneh

Smash Lord
nice, you'd be missing out if you didnt ;)
Bring on the wariooo/snake.
who else can make it.

We just need those setups!
Ive got 1 Tv with no wii, and another TV+wii so far.

Gindler

Smash Champion
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XlprBpXp6wQ/SYdAtqfogHI/AAAAAAAAAEY/HcaWUkvNq6Q/s1600-h/Kitty+Snake.jpg

Not exactly. Modifying knockback/damage/animation speed is as simple as just changing a few values in the original code. Changing the amount of invincibility or SA may be possible as well (on moves that have them). But adding entire mechanics is a different story and takes a lot of codespace.

Yeah, we're going to do something with MK. We're thinking about making him even lighter, and lowering the knockback on his KO moves (d-smash, f-smash, up B, nair, and maybe dair).

As for Snake, we're not quite sure what to do about his F-tilt, but it's not really a lock anyway (you can tech it). We'll probably lower the knockback on up tilt, but Snake really doesn't need much nerfing.

We increased the knockback of Shiek's f-tilt so that it doesn't chain into itself for so long.

Really, the character specific changes I was talking about was gravity (you assign different gravity values to individual characters), short hop heights, full jump/double jump heights (they're a package deal unfortunately) ect. We'll get into buffs/nerfs later (mostly buffs, 'cause nerfs upset the mains of those characters. We'll only nerf where absolutely necessary)
Snake wearing pink he should have frosted tips.

New jumps? just don't screw up yoshi's jump armor when modifying that nonsense.

nice, you'd be missing out if you didnt ;)
Bring on the wariooo/snake.
who else can make it.

We just need those setups!
Ive got 1 Tv with no wii, and another TV+wii so far.
I hope/think I can make it.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
We're not messing with durations of anything, but rather jump "velocity," so the characters travel farther (or shorter) in the same amount of time.

It's mostly to counteract the effects of up grav (putting them both together makes the overall jump animation faster, which is what we really want.)

I'll keep an eye on Yoshi's double jump and the like though. I hadn't thought about it till now, but it's possible that their double jumps may need to be made "stronger" so that they go the same height as before. Right now, they go the same height if you just do the double jump, but I don't know what happens to their momentum when you do an aerial (I don't think they'll go up as high). I'll have to check to make sure.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Well retro you need to go to a smasfest soon, I need more of your kirby practice. I need to learn to not get grabbed, and you grab alot for a kirby.

Kei's peach I STILL need to beat...just once would be nice.

Tony, your snake too. I haven't played your snake 1 on 1 for quite sometime.

That was a nice "bump"
lol, bump. well yea i do tend to grab a lot, but thats mostly where kirby can start his combos. i gotta face tony with diddy and practice up on glide tossing. get ready tony, lol.

Yay diversity.
i don't like the sound of that. its like they are trying to make fox, falco, marth and others broken again just like they were in melee. that really seems to make it more unbalanced.

yea, speaking of teching, can you make it easier to DO?! seriously, i hate it when i can't tech against you. and please do lower the knockback of mk's attacks and snakes. could you also do ddd and game and watch? and what was that thing that take 1/6 of a second to do? can't remember what its called, but i don't like it. anyway around that if you know what i mean? and don't you dare nerf kirby. he's fine the way he is.

Fest this saturdayyyyy. 1 pm.
I'll prolly do that bracket thing again, maybe even twice. Dont forget a teams bracket ;p.
Who can bring setups (wii / tv)
put me against steve again. don't put me against gindler on the 1st or second round. make it possible for me and him to face each other in the finals, lol.

Snake wearing pink he should have frosted tips.

I hope/think I can make it.
make it man! i wanna do some doubles with ya. we did good at friendlies at gigs last weekend.

Gindler

Smash Champion
They need to dub down Kirby's Fsmash, that thing hits like a bus full of falcon punch.

I hope they make yoshi's Fsmash stronger, it's pretty slow for the minimal knockback it has...

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
They need to dub down Kirby's Fsmash, that thing hits like a bus full of falcon punch.

I hope they make yoshi's Fsmash stronger, it's pretty slow for the minimal knockback it has...
no way gindler. if that happens, then i'll quit brawl+.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
i don't like the sound of that. its like they are trying to make fox, falco, marth and others broken again just like they were in melee. that really seems to make it more unbalanced.
Umm...Fox and Falco were broken because of their moves, not their fall speed. Falling faster only made them easier to combo and easier to edgeguard. It's more like we're in directly nerfing them, lol (but making them unique at the same time).

And Marth is only about as floaty as he was in vBrawl (actually, he's a little less floaty). We only did that so he could keep his SH double fair.

The fast fallers are Fox, Falco, Wolf (lol spacies), and Captain Falcon.
The floaties are DK (for combo protection), Bowser (for combo protection), Kirby, Metaknight, Ivysuar (for recovery), Jigglypuff and DDD.
The semi-floaties are Marth, Luigi, Toon Link, Lucario, Charizard (for combo protection), Samus, Zelda, Game and Watch, and Wario
Everyone else is "normal"

Weight has nothing to do with fall speed.

yea, speaking of teching, can you make it easier to DO?! seriously, i hate it when i can't tech against you.
This is a lot harder than we thought it would be. Apparently, brawl's teching window isn't a "timer" (meaning we can't just adjust the number of frames). It's more of a spatial flag (you can only tech when you are *insert distance here* from the ground). We'd have to rewrite our own override code for that, which is really hard.

We've got someone working on it, but don't count on it coming any time soon.
and please do lower the knockback of mk's attacks and snakes.
Will do. For Snake we'll probably only nerf Snake's up tilt though.
could you also do ddd and game and watch?
Won't do. DDD isn't that good anymore. He's not good at comboing, he gets combo'd forever, his recovery isn't that safe (especially now that people can combo), his d-throw isn't somthing to be feared anymore. He's barely staying viable thanks to his survivability and his WoPs.

Game and Watch is still good, but I wouldn't consider nerfing him just yet. He's a very light character, and while he can combo...he's not very good at linking kill moves in it. He's definitely top tier, but I don't know if he's broken.
and what was that thing that take 1/6 of a second to do?
I don't remember either.
and don't you dare nerf kirby. he's fine the way he is.
Yep. He's high tier, nothing more.

We really only want to nerf Metaknight, and then some individually broken moves (Shiek's f-tilt, Snake's up tilt, ect.)

Gindler

Smash Champion
@darksonic: is there anyway to make pivot grabbing easy in brawl+? in brawl it's so easy but i can't do it at all in +, that'd make yoshi so much better since Dthrow ALWAYS leads into his best kill move (Uair)

and is there a brawl+ tier list somewhere?

@Kei: darnit, now I'll never get the W against you

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
@darksonic: is there anyway to make pivot grabbing easy in brawl+? in brawl it's so easy but i can't do it at all in +, that'd make yoshi so much better since Dthrow ALWAYS leads into his best kill move (Uair)
I'm not really sure. It could just be the 1 frame buffer. To which I say...practice?

Oh... and thanks to the wonders of the debug menu, I found out that pivot grabbing is actually preformed by pressing back within the first 3 frames of a dash grab. So just make sure to flick the control stick after you hit grab. It's actually really easy.

Oh, and if you're going to run for a little bit (past your initial dash animation) and want to do a standing grab, all you need to do is dash cancel. In other words DC grabbing (like JC grabbing, but not as good 'cause you have to do it out of a full run).

edit: Also, Yoshi is cursed. The game crashes whenever I try to load him (only when I have the debug code on though). I had to do the pivot grab testing with Sonic, but it should be the same with Yoshi.

lol. I guess the game doesn't want me to get frame data for Yoshi.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I'm not really sure. It could just be the 1 frame buffer. To which I say...practice?

Oh... and thanks to the wonders of the debug menu, I found out that pivot grabbing is actually preformed by pressing back within the first 3 frames of a dash grab. So just make sure to flick the control stick after you hit grab. It's actually really easy.

Oh, and if you're going to run for a little bit (past your initial dash animation) and want to do a standing grab, all you need to do is dash cancel. In other words DC grabbing (like JC grabbing, but not as good 'cause you have to do it out of a full run).

edit: Also, Yoshi is cursed. The game crashes whenever I try to load him (only when I have the debug code on though). I had to do the pivot grab testing with Sonic, but it should be the same with Yoshi.

lol. I guess the game doesn't want me to get frame data for Yoshi.
Ohhhhh, it's after pressing Z in + where as in brawl it's grab after inputing the pivot.

Lol, yoshi's cursed now? I remember when Ivy would crash the game.

Brawl + is so complicated

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
TV works! ill see if i can get ppl to bring wiis

Then we'll have 4 metaknight mains on sat Lol. More fun for gindlers yoshi.
I'll probably be usin snake more though.
4 meta knights? oh this is gonna be too good. bring on the brokeness. (i'll get you snake too tony, lol).

Gindler

Smash Champion
TV works! ill see if i can get ppl to bring wiis

Then we'll have 4 metaknight mains on sat Lol. More fun for gindlers yoshi.
I'll probably be usin snake more though.
Imma try and bring a Wii. If my roomie approves of it

4? otru, jesse, steve and tripleT?

4 meta knights? oh this is gonna be too good. bring on the brokeness. (i'll get you snake too tony, lol).
Kirby's twice as broken as MK is...for yoshi anyway (Ness too actually, ****). Hence why I need some kirby practice

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

Kirby's twice as broken as MK is...for yoshi anyway (Ness too actually, ****). Hence why I need some kirby practice

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman

Mk's broken if you tornado in the blind spot. lolololol

Toneh

Smash Lord

yep.

Ok this is what i got so far.

1) TV+wii.
2) My TV with no wii. (jesse will probably help there)

3) Gindler (maybe) wii
Otru (maybe) TV.

i can ask manhunter to help with a setup. Not sure if he can make the fest tho.

Virg is bringing a wii and tv but not until like 6:30 pm probably.

Kei-Kei

Smash Cadet
yep.

Ok this is what i got so far.

1) TV+wii.
2) My TV with no wii. (jesse will probably help there)

3) Gindler (maybe) wii
Otru (maybe) TV.

i can ask manhunter to help with a setup. Not sure if he can make the fest tho.

Virg is bringing a wii and tv but not until like 6:30 pm probably.

If im able to show up i might be able to bring the tv again, not sure about a wii though.

Gindler

Smash Champion

Toneh

Smash Lord
yea its always free so that way everyone will play and we can do more than 1 if we wanted . Its good practice.
If im able to show up i might be able to bring the tv again, not sure about a wii though.
yea lemme know if you can, and what time.
I'll see if theres anyone else that can bring a wii.
Or someone post here and lemme know if you can bring one ;p

Ummmmmmm... if you're running a bracket, i'll be there :):)
you should come anyway =). Then we could have 5 metaknights, or just 4 and ill keep you all in check with snake haha

Toneh

Smash Lord
1 more day, sorrrta.

Any news if you can bring the tv oTrU or wii giNdZ ? EightFiveTwo? We'll need an extra in case kei brings his TV.

exam at 9 am, ughh. Stayin up all night and sleepin in friday lol

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
tonnyyyy... if you are running a bracket, i would bring a full setup, tv + wii/brawl

hopefully amber would take me

i'll even run the actual bracket, if you just tell everyone to pause their friendlies so that we can get it done.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
what the heck's wrong with a mini-TV

transporting a normal-size TV is physically tolling

Top Bottom