• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Gindler

Smash Champion
Gah, bike shop was all out of adapters. Hopefully I can make it, I'll probably run since I need the excercise, how would someone on foot go about getting in the gate though?

Kei-Kei

Smash Cadet
jump the fence gindler 8D !

yea sat. still on? i dunno if im heading to otronicon after work but most likely ill go play smash if its going on . i get out of work after 6 again so give me a heads up tony =]!

Toneh

Smash Lord
address is 12061 lake cypress circle Apt G107 Orlando fl 32828 (Cypress Lakes apts)
If your coming from ucf over colonial its on the left after Ashton apts.
Theres 2 gates, take the left one. You can usually get in right away or after a min following some1.
Head all the way to the back, and to the right a bit. G section is over there. 1st floor! Its about 2-3 miles from UCF
(407 608 9942)
address and phone again!
1pm

i get out of work after 6 again so give me a heads up tony =]!
sure thing
Gah, bike shop was all out of adapters. Hopefully I can make it, I'll probably run since I need the excercise, how would someone on foot go about getting in the gate though?
make a run for it when a car goes through lol

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ha, well I JUST woke up (wtf?). So I should be heading out shortly, hope there's still a fest when i get there. 3.6 miles if I'm still in my Xcountry shape that should take me 25 minutes, but imma shoot for an hour just to be safe.

*leaving at 2:30*

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I moved to the Orlando/UCF area recently. Is there a thread or anything for friendlies around these parts? I'm constantly studying/working, would be nice to get in some matches once in a while.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Stop liking a game because you're broken.
man, not again. for the last time, kirby is not broken. why does everyone think kirby is broken? what about meta knight and snake? sonic is broken, but he needed the boost, lol.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Don't know why but I'm not a big fan of brawl singles. It's doable but there's not enough going on at any given moment.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I'm a much bigger fan of melee, but I love playing both. Into mvc2/cvs2, whatever is fun. Is there a given spot you guys play at or should I just keep an eye out for get togethers in this thread?

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I haven't tried out brawl+ yet, all I play lately is brawl because that's what people around here are familiar with I guess. They always play with items on or no team attack, which is fine I guess but I'm not into it.

Toneh

Smash Lord
I haven't tried out brawl+ yet, all I play lately is brawl because that's what people around here are familiar with I guess. They always play with items on or no team attack, which is fine I guess but I'm not into it.
items on and friendly fire off? which players are u playing smash with Lol

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
welcome to the tonyfest then. brawl+ feels more like melee in a way. try it, its better than regular brawl. just ban the snake and meta knight and everythings good, lol.
MK and Snake are not that big a deal in brawl+. Meta knight is no higher than mid tier.

Sonic, Olimar, and Kirby is where it's at.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
ive been wondering, can fox waveshine in brawl+?
there's no wavedash in brawl+. wavedashing is useless in brawl, its not that good. i'm actually glad that its not that useful. and i don't think fox can waveshine in brawl. anybody know if he can jump out of his reflector?

MK and Snake are not that big a deal in brawl+. Meta knight is no higher than mid tier.

Sonic, Olimar, and Kirby is where it's at.
sonic is right. i didn't see olimar so i'm not sure. but kirby is good, not broken, just good. can't wait to play brawl+ again. rematch dark sonic!

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
sonic is right. i didn't see olimar so i'm not sure. but kirby is good, not broken, just good. can't wait to play brawl+ again. rematch dark sonic!
Umm...I never said any of those characters were broken. I said that they are "where it's at."

They are easily top tier characters (Olimar has rediculous 0-60% combos off of a single grab)

And you should see Sebrick play Kirby. Kiby is definitely one of the best characters (not the best, that goes to Sonic lol).

BTW, Sonic's potential hard counters so far are Peach and Marth (you have to actually be good with them, they are hard characters).

Gindler

Smash Champion
welcome to the tonyfest then. brawl+ feels more like melee in a way. try it, its better than regular brawl. just ban the snake, meta knight, and kirby and everythings good, lol.
Fixed. Ha nah, but there's no denying he's one of the top guys in brawl+

Umm...I never said any of those characters were broken. I said that they are "where it's at."

They are easily top tier characters (Olimar has rediculous 0-60% combos off of a single grab)

And you should see Sebrick play Kirby. Kiby is definitely one of the best characters (not the best, that goes to Sonic lol).

BTW, Sonic's potential hard counters so far are Peach and Marth (you have to actually be good with them, they are hard characters).
Yeah peach is pretty good vs sonic, I did decent vs. you and my peach is mediocre at best. Play Kei to find out, crazy good peach that I still haven't beat (got close alot though I'll get it someday :chuckle:)

there's no wavedash in brawl+. wavedashing is useless in brawl, its not that good. i'm actually glad that its not that useful. and i don't think fox can waveshine in brawl. anybody know if he can jump out of his reflector?
Heck I've psuedo dash shined in brawl. So I'm sure you can do something waveshinish in brawl+ (if shining someone across the stage is what I'm thinking of). I heard someone mention he can't jump out of his reflector

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
Fixed. Ha nah, but there's no denying he's one of the top guys in brawl+

Yeah peach is pretty good vs sonic, I did decent vs. you and my peach is mediocre at best. Play Kei to find out, crazy good peach that I still haven't beat (got close alot though I'll get it someday :chuckle:)

Heck I've psuedo dash shined in brawl. So I'm sure you can do something waveshinish in brawl+ (if shining someone across the stage is what I'm thinking of). I heard someone mention he can't jump out of his reflector
You can't jump out of shine in brawl, even with +. I have a feeling fox is pretty top tier, on account of all the ******** 0-death combos I've done in the past day. You don't need waveshining to do it just drilll, up tilt, and up air. Honestly I want to use Luigi in brawl+, he seems to be one of the funnest characters so far in my opinion. Though I';ve yet to really get a good solid up B combo off.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Try Dthrow UpB, I've done that in normal brawl. I actually did it twice in one double match at a tonyfest, one required waiting out an airdodge but with hitstun it should work better/easier.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
Try Dthrow UpB, I've done that in normal brawl. I actually did it twice in one double match at a tonyfest, one required waiting out an airdodge but with hitstun it should work better/easier.
Was it at a high enough percent to kill? That and Luigi's probably one of the hardest characters to grab with due to his traction and no range.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Was it at a high enough percent to kill? That and Luigi's probably one of the hardest characters to grab with due to his traction and no range.
Yep, like 70-80 with snake (had to short hop and no air dodge that time) tony if I'm not mistaken. Yeah he practically has the grab range of peach (horrible) so it requires a perfect shiedling, especially with brawl+'s shield stun. ha

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Actually, one of the funny things about brawl+ is that people get knocked down a lot more and often miss the tech since teching only has a 3 frame window (WTF, teching is technical?). So to get grabs you'll mostly rely on tech chasing, combos into grabs (they're really good at this with hitstun) and jab resets (or Deysynced Iceblock resets). So in a sense, getting grabs with ICs is actually a little easier, since you don't have to depend on your opponent miss spacing attacks. Doing the infinite itself is a lot harder though.

BTW "locks" (jablocks, laser lock, ect.) if you use them at every opportunity when you play. They're ridiculously easy to set up now (basically, whenever someone misses a tech, which is very often). "Resets" are fine though.

Of course, not many people would jablock when playing this game anyway...since they're trying to have fun.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
yea, i noticed that teching is a lot harder now. that sucks since i was gettting used to the original teching.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Teching is harder? Guess I never noticed since I never have to tech in brawl, no hitstun=land in control 98% of the time.

Oh, practicing DR too. I can only do it 2% of the time right now though "/

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Teching is harder? Guess I never noticed since I never have to tech in brawl, no hitstun=land in control 98% of the time.

Oh, practicing DR too. I can only do it 2% of the time right now though "/
then i better practice up on teching when i play brawl+ then.

Toneh

Smash Lord
up for another fest this saturday? I thought the last one was pretty good :]
I think the same group that came before are coming again.
Can anyone bring setups. wii + tv or one of those.

Gindler

Smash Champion
then i better practice up on teching when i play brawl+ then.
Missed tech + platform = Knee to the face
No seriously

That was a good one last week, I came so close to finally beating kei. One of these days.

I'll see if I can bring a television perhaps.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i'll see if i can make it. gotta wait for my work schedule 1st though.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
gind gind and I ***** everyone in teams it was too good. GOOD STUFF BUDDY.

Top Bottom