• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Gindler

Smash Champion
That overkill replay with the bombomb shoulda been saved :/

Also, yeah sonic's pretty beastly (who's dumb enough to buff him now?). But not as bad as kirby

Gindler

Smash Champion
in brawl+ he kinda does (+ makes everything all topsy turvy). Wow feels like forever since the last smashfest. long weekeend i guess...

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
all right then prove it guys. anyone's ness against my kirby in brawl +. i'm also trying to pick up diddy now.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
Well there you go.

Ness counters Kirby and Peach counters Sonic.

Yay for character diversity (quick, everyone go learn Ness and Peach so that Kirby and Sonic don't get banned).
Something tells me Toon Link can as well. I just can't play him D:

Gindler

Smash Champion
They are very lame...fine, next smashfest I'll ness your kirby then. No one else around here seems to enjoy Ness anywho.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
OMG, next smashfest I go to you guys are all gonna get ***** by Sonic. They just made a dash speed increase code (lol. They're really liking 120% dash speed).

That, and with the speed increase...Sonic might have an infinite. lol.
I'd have to test it to be sure, but it works in theory. It's start a jab lock (easy to do with Sonic)->do a small dash pivot so that you're on top of your opponent and hit them with the back of your pivot jab (this is to get as close to them as possible for the next step)->do a large dash pivot so that you're on the other side of your opponent and hit them with the front of your pivot jab->continue jab lock in new direction.

lol, jab locks are broken?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Aww....come on!!! (well, I won't be there next fest if that's any consolation. I'll be at TO4)

I have to see if it actually works first. For all I know the dash may not be fast enough to get to the other side of them before they can get up. And besides, if it proves itself broken....just ban jab locks.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
OMG, next smashfest I go to you guys are all gonna get ***** by Sonic. They just made a dash speed increase code (lol. They're really liking 120% dash speed).
No.

I'm not bringing Brawl + next fest. Or ever.

Ever.
Way to go, a-hole! Just ruin it for everyone!

lol j/k

BTW I'm a Ness main, so all this vs Kirby talk...I might have to hit up one of these "fests" as you call them ;)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^Meh, I still get a semi infinite even without jab locks. Side B->footstool->dair (miss them)-> turn around jab (jab reset)->repeat until they are at too high a percentage for side B to combo into footstool.

And there was some talk about jab locks being allowed under the "standard" codeset, since everyone is generally getting better at teching anyway (of course, I would never allow it since I know how broken some jab lock setups could be)

edit: The infinite works, but the setup into the infinite doesn't (footstool->dair isn't fast enough to get the jab lock). I have another jablock setup, but it's unreliable because it's partially dependent on my opponent's DI. It's side B->footstool->up B->auto cancel dair->jab lock. The problem is if they DI behind where Sonic is facing between the footstool and the up B spring hitting them, the spring sends them the wrong way and the only thing Sonic can follow up with is a dash attack (which leads to a jab lock if they don't tech, but it's easy to tech).

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
there's no one in florida qualified to teach you diddy.

GDX is really good... but I couldn't imagine him teaching anyone anything

"THROW B'NANA'S!!!!"

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
there's no one in florida qualified to teach you diddy.

GDX is really good... but I couldn't imagine him teaching anyone anything

"THROW B'NANA'S!!!!"
oh ok then. guess i'll watch some vids and learn diddy by myself. shouldn't be too hard i guess.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
hit up those NinjaLink videos for diddy.

Another fest is probably this saturday!
saturday? ah man, i might not be able to make it this saturday. is friday a busy day for you tony? if its too much trouble then its cool, no worries. i'm still off this friday though, but probably not next friday (**** publix schedules!) give us a heads up when u can.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Wasn't planning on going to otronicon, just thought I'd make sure if you knew about it. Hear it's dumb anyway, some noob is probably going to win since no one is even going :p

ViperTGB

Smash Rookie
lol yea that last anime convention brawl tourney i went to had smashballs and some useless items (banana, sandbag, food) on, and a 4 man brawl elimination at the beginning.

In other news i got my car back so i can probably make it to the next tonyfest. Saturday seems good so far.

anybody wanna teach me G&W or snake?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
nah not this friday. I'll be catchin up on sleep lolll

o0o0o i love fighting snakes! i wana learnnn
k, i'll see if i can make it. have to wait for my work schedule to come out though. just tell me when it starts. maybe i'll bring some friends...

Toneh

Smash Lord
i got more ppl comin out on sat. fellas =)
maybe like last time? LOL

Can anyone bring a tv + wii.
Or just one or the other and you guys can pair em up.
were gonna neeeeeeeed itttttttt

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i got more ppl comin out on sat. fellas =)
maybe like last time? LOL

Can anyone bring a tv + wii.
Or just one or the other and you guys can pair em up.
were gonna neeeeeeeed itttttttt
never mind, i won't be able to come this time since its seems too much to come out of work and then go to a smashfest (on account that i have a lot of hw this weekend :/) maybe next week tony since the gigabits tourney is in 2 weeks. have fun you guys.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Any Idea when it starts? I'm probably going to ride my bike to waterford (need to get a pump adapter for my tires at the bike shop there). So thought I'd show up on my way back, but I'd like to plan accordingly on when to depart. Thanks

Top Bottom