• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Razek

Smash Apprentice
Retro, hook me up with my SD card broski! And if people want practice send the texts, gonna finish rules for raz fest.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im actually home from work already (for a change), so if anyone wants to come over and play send me a text/AIM

Razek

Smash Apprentice
~RAZ BASH #1~

WHEN:TBA!

WHERE:
12300 Golden knight circle
Building 31 apt#301
32817, orlando

RULES:
General rules:
• 3 Stock
• 8 minute timer
• Items are set to "off" and "none"
• All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned.
If for some reason the match duration is over 8 minutes and the ledge grab count on one player is over 60 and the other is not. Then the player that is under 60 ledge grabs is declared the winner. If both players are over the said percentage then the percentage will determine the winner, if percentage is tied it will go into a one stock tie breaker on the same level.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match.

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter

Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd

Pot Split:
TBA, Will cater towards as many people as possible, aka good splits!

CONTACT INFO:
321-213-7096
AIM:Zeus8711

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
~RAZ BASH #1~

WHERE:
Building 31 apt#301
32817, orlando

RULES:
General rules:
• 3 Stock
• 8 minute timer
• All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned.
If for some reason the match duration is over 8 minutes and the ledge grab count on one player is over 60 and the other is not. Then the player that is under 60 ledge grabs is declared the winner. If both players are over the said percentage then the percentage will determine the winner, if percentage is tied it will go into a one stock tie breaker on the same level.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter

Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd

Pot Split:

CONTACT INFO:
321-213-7096

hopefully this will take place in the weekend, though i may just come for fun. by then i can give you your memory card back raz and visa versa.

Toneh

Smash Lord
~RAZ BASH #1~

WHERE:
Building 31 apt#301
32817, orlando

RULES:
General rules:
• 3 Stock
• 8 minute timer
• Stalling is banned.

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter

Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd

Pot Split:

CONTACT INFO:
321-213-7096

remind me when u got a date for it

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
how did i break your hat jims ha? i didn't see any hat where i was :p

but yeah 216-224-4751. im to lazy to text
cool that works too, it was on the floor you smoshed it.

Now we are even for the apple sauce on your dash board :)

Toneh

Smash Lord

Gindler

Smash Champion
I remember some MLG guy saying doubles would be no more than 25$ per player. And apparently there's no door fee (that's the best part)

Edit: Any smashfests going on this weekend? I need to mean practice and I'll more than likely have to be in town.

gallax

Smash Hero
gindz...r we still teaming for gameknights on saturday? if u need to practice ill be having a mean smashfest at my place on friday night. all are invited!!!!!

Gindler

Smash Champion
We sure can team, me and my friend are probably going to have to ride separate anyway so I can drive wherever i want (yay). GK should be good daytona practice anyway

gallax

Smash Hero
o yeah daytona!!!! sweeet dude. im totally down for that too. and btw, im picking up duh wario (wah wah wah!!!) so u can show me some kewl things to do with him. once u get into town just give me a holler so i can tell u how to get to my place or if u wanna meet up somewhere else for the smashing.

btw, im going to gainsville next saturday on the 27th. raz wants to go with me so far. anyone else wanna go? im driving and u only need to pitch in like 10$ for gas(if thats not too much for ya'll). i have enough room for 3 more people. it ought to be fun!!!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm gonna be working wednsday. I'm off tomarrow I'll give someone 35 cash if the register me.

I'm gonna try and get that saterday off. if I do I'll go up with you.

Gindler

Smash Champion
o yeah daytona!!!! sweeet dude. im totally down for that too. and btw, im picking up duh wario (wah wah wah!!!) so u can show me some kewl things to do with him. once u get into town just give me a holler so i can tell u how to get to my place or if u wanna meet up somewhere else for the smashing.

btw, im going to gainsville next saturday on the 27th. raz wants to go with me so far. anyone else wanna go? im driving and u only need to pitch in like 10$ for gas(if thats not too much for ya'll). i have enough room for 3 more people. it ought to be fun!!!
Aighty I'll give you the heads up when I get into town, should be friday. Maybe thursday night if I'm really bored and to get some errands done.

aight jimmers!!!!! i hope u can come up with me to gville. i can pre-reg u too for mlg if u want. i just need ur info.
G-ville's gonna be sweet, I better not work. Although if I do I'll be making money and saving money at the same time :dizzy:

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Is there any1 here who needs a partner for gameknights? If not ill probably only be going for singles.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
I might want to. But because of the short notice work my keep their ***** in my butt that day.

gallax

Smash Hero
aight guys im gonna have gindz over for the fest and raz said hed be down to come over too. anyone else wanna come over friday night to get some practice in for GK's? everyoens welcome to come.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i got off early today.

8608 Falstaff Place
Oviedo, FL, 32765

someone come over and play me

gallax

Smash Hero
fl is awesome. nuf said.

btw for anyone who read this and is attending mlg in orlando, u need to create an account first and then u can register.

https://secure.mlgpro.com/forum/register.php

click there to register. but do it NOW cuz it can take a while for your account to be processed. i created one like 30 mins ago and still havent gotten my account verified through email.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
can you make me one? I have work till ten I'm afraid I they'll all be sold out by the time I get home.

Top Bottom