• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UBC-Overture 3-Vancouver, BC-Nov 7th 2009:Melee, Brawl, Street Fighter 4

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
But now it's like...you're expecting me to win. The whole time I'll be playing, I'll be panicking every time I get hit and think "OH S*** I'M LETTING LUKE DOWN", panic, and kill myself. Good job. I'm getting last now. =3

:005:

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
God ****. You people need to go to more OoP tournaments so you can stop whining, because these things are completely normal.

This is Lib3r4t3 posting.

jordexciu

Smash Rookie
Did anyone accidentally leave with a black memory card with a white label?

I need it back please! It contains my life.

Thanks! <3

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Doubles melee:
Hitsugaya diakonos
Cowear patooty
Noobking BO10

Singles: (kinda dumb since we ran out of time at top 3)

But:
Diakonos
Hitsugaya
Sion

breez

Smash Ace
Brawl singles:

1) Jake (Yoshi)
2) Breez (Snake)
3) Some Ike from the OK
4) Cake (ROB)
5) LFL (Marth)
6) Mrklar (Falco)

Brawl Doubles:

1) Breez + Mrklar
2) Cake + Some Tink
3) LFL + Jake

Great fun guys - Jakes yoshi is a beast! I will be him at the next tourny though ;)

edit: Also giving props to Bryan AKA Cake I believe? His ROB was very talented - nearly as good as t0mmy. I think with a few minor adjustments you will be able to contend for first in the next tournament! You were also miles ahead of the Ike fwiw.

I need to read the yoshi matchup :p (And not get taken to norfair consequently lose my CP)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
This was a lot of fun. =D Is there going to be a results thread for this? I want to do shout-outs, but I want to save them for a potential results thread. =3

I would've liked to have seen R.O.B. vs. Ike... ;-;

seedless grape

Smash Rookie
i left my jacket at the tourney, does anyone know of a way i can get it back, like from the tourney organizer or something?

unityole

Smash Lord
gj jake but i didnt know u went to the tourney, maybe it was cause i told u at sfu surrey?

anyway wtf at dieslow didnt go to the tournament?

edit: and really WE NEED SMASH64 tournament, if you know what i mean =)
or a ffa tourney with hammers and bombs only, = gg

breez

Smash Ace
Hopefully someone posts more comprehensive results. Did anyone get any replays saved?

Those results were just off the top of my head :)

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
The Ike guy's tag is Fazha (idk, he said he might change it), currently 5th in Okanagan. I'm kinda retired from brawl myself, but that was a lot of fun so I might enter more brawl now.

I got 7th, and I'm guessing the falco got 5th (sixth place is impossible with standard double elimination brackets). You can add that to the results if we want to get a more full bracket or results going.

Oh yeah, I purposely lost to Kris in melee because I didn't want him to feel bad.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The Ike guy's tag is Fazha (idk, he said he might change it), currently 5th in Okanagan. I'm kinda retired from brawl myself, but that was a lot of fun so I might enter more brawl now.

I got 7th, and I'm guessing the falco got 5th (sixth place is impossible with standard double elimination brackets). You can add that to the results if we want to get a more full bracket or results going.

Oh yeah, I purposely lost to Kris in melee because I didn't want him to feel bad.
Oh, OK did show! Which one were you again? Did we play? Sorry, I'm bad at matching faces to screennames for the most part. >.<

Edit: Acid to Eruption combo FTW. =3

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Idk, fazha said I'm built like a football player, lol. I took out Joker (Lucario) and the lower placing Falco, not sure his name, while losing to Fazha and Brian. I was using several characters (DK, MK, GaW, Wario, think that's it.)

I played you a bit, with my Wario and GaW I think.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Idk, fazha said I'm built like a football player, lol. I took out Joker (Lucario) and the lower placing Falco, not sure his name, while losing to Fazha and Brian. I was using several characters (DK, MK, GaW, Wario, think that's it.)

I played you a bit, with my Wario and GaW I think.
Oh yeah, I remember those matches. I was probably playing really campy though, especially against your GaW, since approaching with Yoshi in that match-up is just generally a bad idea. v.v Hope you can make it out to future events!

bundtcake

Smash Ace
This was a lot of fun. =D Is there going to be a results thread for this? I want to do shout-outs, but I want to save them for a potential results thread. =3

I would've liked to have seen R.O.B. vs. Ike... ;-;

I faced him, but with my Kirby instead... :p I don't like facing Ikes with ROB, I seem to space horribly in that matchup and always have to resort to camping if I feel like not getting hit by every single short hopped aerial.

Definitely fun matches, guys! :D Hopefully I'll get to see you all again at another tourney.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I remember those matches. I was probably playing really campy though, especially against your GaW, since approaching with Yoshi in that match-up is just generally a bad idea. v.v Hope you can make it out to future events!

you should come by my place one day, i really wanna see your yoshi once at least.

TwilightShadow

Smash Journeyman
Overture 3 - Results

Brawl - Singles
1 Firefly
2 breez
3 Pacman (was someone else)
4 Brian Keong (Cake)
5 LFL
5 marklar
7 Liberty
7 Joker692
9 Brian Kennedy (Asa Delta)
9 Maths
9 4twenty
9 Andrew

Melee Doubles

1 Hitsugaya & Diakonos : $80.00
2 Monkey Boobies
3 Brown Town
4 For Timmy

Melee Singles (wasn't finished)

1 Diakonos (waiting in grand finals)
2 Hitsugaya (losers finals)
2 Sion (losers finals)
4 Eric Brown
5 Broken_Hitbox
5 N00bKing
7 Steven
7 Kris Hicks
9 Super Tramp
9 Firefly
9 Liberty

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
With Mains (from what I saw)

Brawl - Singles
1 Firefly :yoshi:
2 breez :snake:
3 Pacman (was someone else) :ike:
4 Brian Keong (Cake) :rob:
5 LFL :marth:
5 marklar :falco:
7 Liberty
7 Joker692
9 Brian Kennedy (Asa Delta) :pt: (?)
9 Maths
9 4twenty
9 Andrew

Melee Singles (wasn't finished)

1 Diakonos (waiting in grand finals) :marth:
2 Hitsugaya (losers finals) :peach: (?)
2 Sion (losers finals) :falco:
4 Eric Brown :falco:
5 Broken_Hitbox
5 N00bKing :falcon:
7 Steven :marth:
7 Kris Hicks
9 Super Tramp
9 Firefly :falco:
9 Liberty

(?) indicates uncertainty. Correct me if I'm wrong. =3

4twenty

Smash Rookie
Had a great time, thanks everyone.

I need to be more careful with Ness's recovery, haha. Good to see how I can improve (maybe I should just get a gamercube controller :D)

Anyways, I'll keep an eye out for tourneys and hopefully see you all next time!

LFL

Smash Journeyman
There is a Brawl only tournament in Mission this Saturday. I don't know much info about it other than it's happening lol. Message Breez for details.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
objection!
I do declare that Ebby = Cake until further notice. You both lost to me in the winner's bracket and to breez in the loser's bracket, and since you didn't play each other in the bracket, there is no evidence as of now to support that either of you is better than the other. So, come to the next tourney and prove it yourself. ^.^

bundtcake

Smash Ace
I won't say for sure that I'm better than him, but I think I currently have the advantage 'cuz I beat him in the friendly we played. ;)

Top Bottom