• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TX: Canadian Fighting Game Championships - Aug. 7th-9th

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, this is NeoRussell from SRK.
Just want to mention that we would like to invite the Canadian Smash players for our T10 event.

You guys should be aware of the T series every year. Sorry about last years boiler fest but we got a good venue place this time around.

http://www.embersbanquet.com/
781 Warden Ave
Toronto, ON, Canada

We really would like the Smash people to participate. So if any of your organizers can handle a Smash Tournament, please contact us here or in SRK. JS Master, DarkDragon or me. We really would like for you guys to attend and represent your game this year.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194176

NeoRussell

Gichan

Smash Champion
Guys guys guys, isn't Sauga Outbreak going to be postponed? Cause Adnan (who's running Sauga Outbreak) is hosting the smash tournaments of TX.

5ive

Smash Champion
omfg, I'm so close to this. I'm going for sure. Embers Banquet ftw.

and there better be a Brawl+ side. SERIOUSLY.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
lol Raymond calm your nuts.

Theres melee and brawl just like last year.

I can go to this its like 5 mins walk from my house. Also i can house people for those coming from a outlaying distance.

A few of us (melee) might go to Laser Quest/Movies after this tourney. Theirs also good places to eat near this venue. I just skimmed through thier site and im not sure if they're selling serving food, if they are then its even better.

Also Adnan I think is running this tourney.

Edit: last time I talked to him about T10(which was two weeks ago) he said he'd do it hes just waiting on the confirmation of the venue so yeah. Although I wouldnt mind helping him out on organization/brackets and stuff. But then I havent spoken to him since then so I dont really know whats happening now.

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the help guys.
See you there. Advertise some close states. I'm sure alot of people play Smash that would be interested.
You guys had a great attendance last year so i'm sure we can get the same number, if not better.

Again thanks guys.

NeoRussell

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
i'm going to this 2 spots left in my sauga car whose coming with?

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Tripple post!!!!

if brawl is going to happen make it happen on the 7th or 9th, cause' the 8th is sauga outbreak and I am NOT missing that, I promised meka I'd go, kthx.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
doc u fail to realize that te person whose organizing sauga outbreak is organizing this so sauga outbreak is being moved...

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
a bit of a prob now actually since danny and his friend want to come along and i hav my friend coming both you and fool wont fit >_<

idea

Smash Master
lol Raymond calm your nuts.

Theres melee and brawl just like last year.

I can go to this its like 5 mins walk from my house. Also i can house people for those coming from a outlaying distance.

A few of us (melee) might go to Laser Quest/Movies after this tourney. Theirs also good places to eat near this venue. I just skimmed through thier site and im not sure if they're selling serving food, if they are then its even better.
oh sweet, so it's near my house.

and i think you just decided that now =P but i'd be up for laser quest or a movie. still haven't seen harry potter. maybe something else will be out by august.

Embers Banquet said:
Wedding Packages and Specials
oh ****. guys. before the tournament i'm getting married.

to stos' girl.

AND THEN GUESS WHAT I'MMA DO TO YOUR GIRL ON THE HONEYMOON

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
OH **** !

YOU'RE GONNA GIVE HER THE BUSINESS.

wow I just got roasted and I have no comback LOL.

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
Tripple post!!!!

if brawl is going to happen make it happen on the 7th or 9th, cause' the 8th is sauga outbreak and I am NOT missing that, I promised meka I'd go, kthx.
Doc man your awesome. Yeah sauga outbreak is now postponed. Thanks for the dedication though man greatly appreciated. we'll be at T10 so you can poke us about Outbreak there.

Also stos im so friggin down for some next **** the next day.

BTW guys im so tired and i feel so random right now i feel like we should all have a friggin cottage smash trip lols

smash + road trip + cottage + booze = epic

stos i know you'd be on that **** haha

edit: actually stos i re-read that that sounds so random i meant well all do something that day after T10

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
IM DOWN FOR SMASH + ROAD TRIP + COTTAGE + BOOZE. For some reason im feeling excited now.

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
haha HONESTLY dats how i'm feeling man! I am so down to run that and i got a spot/cottage we could use too. It would be so badass lols!

Mikey7

Smash Lord
omfg, I'm so close to this. I'm going for sure. Embers Banquet ftw.

and there better be a Brawl+ side. SERIOUSLY.
Guaranteed that a prestigious tourney that Justin Wong will attend isn't going to accept the hacked joke that is Brawl+ lol

No offense intended : P just MUST flame B+

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
is there a pot bonus or are they just using w.e money entrants put in and taking some of it for the venue fee

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Tournament fee is the prize distribution. We usually do 70/20/10 but not sure if your rules are different. Either way, it would be up to the organizer what is the pot split.

Door fee is to pay for the venue. We are not here to make money. I don't think T series has ever claimed to do that in anyway. We want to gather all the games together so that other players can see what we all enjoy. Sorry if it comes out as us trying to take your money. Tournament Fee does not get touched. I for one want to see Ice Climber win something so i get excited enough seeing them being used.

All door fee's go to venue which is costing a bundle (we may even cough up our own) because we have to accomodate almost all of the fighting games that came out from last year and this year (so many) alone. We needed space that can fit all of yous and we found one. Unfortunately the price was reasonable at best. I think venue owners are getting smarter by the year and jacking up prices like no tomorrow. It can't be helped unfortunately.

Also, we don't want the broiler fest that happened last year. We want everybody to be comfortable to say the least.

NeoRussell

Top Bottom