• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two Steps From Hell -- Nov 28th | UW, CAN **SCHEDULE CHANGED CHECK OP**

Sanu

Smash Champion
Two Steps From Hell
A University of Waterloo Melee Tournament

Tournament Info

When:
Saturday, November 28th, 2009

Where:
University of Waterloo Campus
J.R. Coutts Engineering Lecture Hall (RCH) -- Second Floor
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario CANADA

Price:
$5 Melee Singles
$5 Melee Doubles per person ($10/team)

Schedule
12:00 PM- 1:00 PM: Registration/friendlies
1:00 PM- Singles Pools
3:00 PM - Doubles Bracket
6:00 PM - Singles Bracket

Prizes
First place: 60%
Second place: 30%
Third place: 10%
This will be the distribution for singles and doubles.

Directions

Rules

Tournament will be seeded by SKILL.

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

WOBBLING IS ALLOWED

Stage List

Neutral:
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only)
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks:
Pokefloats
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City (Singles Only)
Brinstar
Green Greens
Corneria

Confirmed List of Attendees

1. Sanuzi

Confirmed List of Setups

TVs:
1. Sanuzi x2

Cube/Wii + Melee:
1. Sanuzi x2

Extension cords/Power bars:
1. Sanuzi - x1/x3

I will be bringing two full setups (TV + system). Other than that, all setups MUST be supplied by you, the attendees. WE NEED SETUPS TO MAKE THIS EVENT SUCCESSFUL!!

PLEASE CONFIRM ATTENDANCE AND CONFIRM SETUPS TO ENSURE GOOD TIMES

how2smashbrothers

Smash Apprentice
If Wayne comes, he can help me bring a setup/TV/power bar, so you can put me as tentative for all three.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Confirmed! As long as I don't work. If you had put this up last Saturday, I could have booked it off.

Put me down for one cube + Melee for now. If need be, I could possibly bring a TV but its ****ing heavy and my parents don't like me lugging it around everywhere.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to this.
I can bring one Wii. Possibly a Gamecube. If I get a ride, I can also bring a TV.

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
Paul this time I will actually drive you so flan don't worry about bringing your t.v.

No one should have to bring one of those big *** t.vs (flan im lookin at you). Josh is bringin one maybe how 2 than me n paul both have a set up that's 4 already this is heart 2 the maximum now lets work on hypin it up so attendance gets to at least 16

Flan

Smash Journeyman
sweet, I don't have to bring mine ^_^ First K-W-C tournament that I have been too without bringing it. Seriously, Sit 2, KPL, Phoenix 1 and 2, the ones at Brian's house, and the most recent one.

.BlurR

Smash Cadet
Possibly (less than 50%) coming...with 1-3 others
although transportation = problem

Would be able to bring cube+melee

worldjem7

Smash Ace
If anyone is worried about using an HD TV for Melee, there are Component cables available for the Wii.

HD Melee is cool.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I've tried it too, I have a set-up in my house.

RGB Component Cables, Set Wii to 480p, enabled Progressive scan.

The component cables are supposed to allow the Wii to process video fast enough to keep up with the TV you're using. How could you find lag? What did you do when you set up for HD?

Chiisu

Smash Cadet
if i can catch the early go bus at square one to waterloo i can try to come to this. i have someone to visit in waterloo anyways

i can probably bring a cube and powerbar if i do attend

Windrose

Smash Lord
Might be coming from mcmaster university. (work load pending) I heard there is a shuttle bus that goes from mcmaster to waterloo?

Windrose

Smash Lord
darn turns out only WATERLOO students can go on that shuttle bus...FFFFFF

I guess I'll have to take that greyhound, anybody have a link or something for travel information?

Flan

Smash Journeyman
put me at 0% percent chance of making it for now. I have to work from 4:30 - 8:30 so....****.

I'm trying hard to get the shift taken but there are only a few people left to ask.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I will come to this if i can find out from you all whats the nearest train station/bus station to the menu.

i've already searched for the train but its unclear if the station is near to waterloo or moreso kitchener kitchener

Top Bottom