• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

Arthur97

Smash Master
Also, that spirit board. First page wasn't too amazing, but page two? Also, they made Rex upgradable. Think that's the first time they've done that retroactively. Not to mention, DLC legendary primaries.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I guess the stage is legal now since I thought you can swim the cloud sea like in the game, but you can't swim?
Gramps's head can move, which makes the stage shrink or rise up - I feel like that would be enough for a reason for them to claim that it's not competitively legal.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Gramps's head can move, which makes the stage shrink or rise up - I feel like that would be enough for a reason for them to claim that it's not competitively legal.
TBF, it's not unpredictable: those background cues should at least warn people ahead of time.

Last edited:

Dolph63

Smash Cadet
I'm actually really excited to play as Pyra and Mythra. They look lots of fun to play as!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
My earlier speculation about the technical difficulties of implementing an XC2 character was pretty spot on, hearing Sakurai's explanation.

A shame we didn't get any XC2 costumes (I already made a Mòrag Mii and now she's got nothing to wear :c), but Arthur is a really good pick and it's nice to see the Rathalos armor back. Music selection was great. I got pretty much everything I hoped for and then some with the remixes.

I do prefer Mythra's personality, but in Smash I tend to gravitate towards the heavy hitters so I'll probably be using Pyra more. Both movesets looked fun though. Didn't expect them to have a rapid jab, but the animation is a cool little reference. Some unexpected alt colors, but I think they all looked really cool. You can see them on the website now btw. Probably gonna main variations 5, 6 and 7.

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
I can't wait to play as them today, the silver alt on Mythra looks so good

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not as big a fan of the alts as I thought. I expected more vibrant colors.
I'll see which I like when i play tho.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I must say, I never expected the DLC to be released later today. I'll have to dig through the attribute values when the next software update goes live.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'm pleased with all I saw this morning. Been chatting with friends about it. Unfortunately, I do have to work today so playing will have to wait.

Of course, there's music I wanted that's missing but actually most of the really important stuff was added, plus a medley which is very cool.

Bit surprised there wasn't more Miis and I guess seeing the MH ones again might've just hurt MH chances of getting it's full fighter.

Anyways.. see you all in and among this place later. Look forward to stuff like combo discoveries and other fun details of how they play.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I actually at least somewhat like most of their alts.. Four not so much, but the rest are pretty solid. I actually rather like the more vibrant one.

Though, the way they hyped up Pyra's forward smash, it better be in the running for strongest in the game.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I actually at least somewhat like most of their alts. The fourth one not so much, but the rest are pretty solid. I actually rather like the more vibrant one.

Though, the way they hyped up Pyra's forward smash, it better be in the running for strongest in the game.
It is. It's hella strong, seems as strong as Ike's but much faster.

It doesn't compare to the up-b tho. that seems like an op ko move. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets nerfed in the future.

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Quite pleased with the music list and especially the stage. Moveset seems a little bit more simple as initial expected, but that may not be a bad thing. Forsight seems really cool exspecially as it slows the opponent, does Bats within also do that?

I am a little bit disappointed that Pyra does not get a unique mechanic ( like forsight) I hope she has at least great kill confirms, otherwise I see many people only using Mythra....

Arthur97

Smash Master
The up special does give away recovery utility though, but that quick swap shouldn't make it much of an issue. I don't think it'll be too bad. Pyra looks like she needs the extra oomph to keep up. That said, I wonder how much extra range she'll have. But that forward smash is also pretty slow, so that combined with how much they talked about it, it better be ridiculously strong, not just really strong. Though, while talking about Pyra moves, how about that dair? Does it meteor on the whole move?

I don't think Bayonetta's dodge slows them, just the counter.

There is the concern of high level leaving Pyra in the dust, but lower level players like me should get plenty of mileage with Pyra. Also Mythra's potential lack of KO ability may help Pyra out.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The up special does give away recovery utility though, but that quick swap shouldn't make it much of an issue. I don't think it'll be too bad. Pyra looks like she needs the extra oomph to keep up. That said, I wonder how much extra range she'll have. But that forward smash is also pretty slow, so that combined with how much they talked about it, it better be ridiculously strong, not just really strong. Though, while talking about Pyra moves, how about that dair? Does it meteor on the whole move?

There is the concern of high level leaving Pyra in the dust, but lower level players like me should get plenty of mileage with Pyra. Also Mythra's potential lack of KO ability may help Pyra out.
All I know is that we saw dair into up-b. down throw into up-b, and you can do up-b out of shield. And it killed super early. I don't think f-smash matters XD, but it was pretty fast for a forward smash.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Eh, Pyra's forward smash was pretty laggy. So much so it's probably not super useful outside of a few situations like shield breaks. It's also hard to know if up special combos are true or not. Though, I am thinking Pyra's neutral special may be more more useful. Hits on both sides and can kill. Not sure how much use her side special will get. Might be murder at the ledge.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sakurai said one was a combo. But When he did it didn't ko, so it's hard to know right away, but it's still crazy good even just out of shield and probably the go to for kos.
I'm pretty sure down-tilt to up-b will work too.

Pyra neutral special seemed useless, honestly.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Really? I thought the neutral might be good for catching ledge options. At least more so than Mythra's that doesn't hit behind her and...doesn't seem very strong.

Yeah, it may be even stronger than Aether, so it's not without uses for certain.

Idea that solo Pyra is not very good has been floated, but while not great, solo Pyra will be bad per say, just kinda overshadowed. If Mythra has ZSS mobility, then Pyra should be about average I guess.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Really? I thought the neutral might be good for catching ledge options. At least more so than Mythra's that doesn't hit behind her and...doesn't seem very strong.

Yeah, it may be even stronger than Aether, so it's not without uses for certain.

Idea that solo Pyra is not very good has been floated, but while not great, solo Pyra will be bad per say, just kinda overshadowed. If Mythra has ZSS mobility, then Pyra should be about average I guess.
It seemed slow so I think someone would be able to avoid it and counter attack, tho maybe the hitboxes are better than I thought, i dunno, but someone could just wait on the ledge and then attack when it's over. We'll see more when we can test it XD.

Pyra will be great for casual. But I won't give up on her, since I like her. I'll try to see how good she can be besides just for kos. But Mythra's speed is greater than I thought compared to hers, so it's possible most competitive players will be with Mythra until ko time.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Most sword swipe down airs require a tipper, even the otherwise tipper-less Lucina. This sword spiked early in the swing.
Sakurai said one was a combo. But When he did it didn't ko, so it's hard to know right away, but it's still crazy good even just out of shield and probably the go to for kos.
I'm pretty sure down-tilt to up-b will work too.

Pyra neutral special seemed useless, honestly.
It's basically a giant Doc Tornado, which is very useful. It's not even that slow if not charged.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I thought it was later in the swing, either way, it's meteor seems generous enough. Could be useful with how massive it looks in general.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
When do you think they'll release today? Didn't exactly state an exact time.
I'd guess about 8 or 9 PM, eastern time. Maybe 10 pm, but it'll be late either way - I think I saw that the European Direct said that they'd be coming out tomorrow. (plus, I think a lot of the releases tend to be late in the day, if I'm recalling correctly)

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I'd guess about 8 or 9 PM, eastern time. Maybe 10 pm, but it'll be late either way - I think I saw that the European Direct said that they'd be coming out tomorrow. (plus, I think a lot of the releases tend to be late in the day, if I'm recalling correctly)
Pyra and Mytha will be released today, but when will the next smash reveal be?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Pyra and Mytha will be released today, but when will the next smash reveal be?
Who knows? I'd guess somewhere between late May to mid-June (probably early or mid June, assuming that Nintendo has a Direct during the time that E3 would have normally been), but Nintendo seems to run on an ever-changing schedule, so there's no way to know for sure.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Who knows? I'd guess somewhere between late May to mid-June (probably early or mid June, assuming that Nintendo has a Direct during the time that E3 would have normally been), but Nintendo seems to run on an ever-changing schedule, so there's no way to know for sure.
So is E3 cancelled?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I think also based on the schedule they've been seemingly sticking too since Min-Min was released, announcing FP10 in early June with a mid June release makes sense (around when E3 would be), and then FP11 similarly in September. Could be sooner, if they decide to make it a double reveal like in 2019, but FP11 probably wouldn't release until Fall? Either way, while I guess it's impossible for us the consumers to tell, it seems to be on track to finish quite a bit before the Dec 2021 placeholder date.

Also, I can't help but think that the one alt looks very very close to Ryuko from Kill la Kill, haha, though this has to be unintentional... right? XD

Clipboard02.jpg
main5.jpg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Also, it's a shame we couldn't even get the animal costume, but at least the Pneuma colors are still there anyway. Designs are tough to render enough for this as it is.

I'm pretty sure the live event was, though that's not going to stop Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, etc. from having separate digital events.
Yeah, I mean Nintendo went the digital route years ago. It's just that they weren't prepared last year due to outside circumstances, but this time they're most likely ready for it, seeing as regular Directs are seemingly coming back. And at least we can actually be free to ignore the Summer Game Fest this time, if need be.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
the waiting around for their release is the worst part. Nintendo didn't give us any real timeframe just "later today"

That and not knowing the patch notes for other characters

pleasegiveusGanondorfbuffspleasegiveusGanondorfbuffs

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
2 as alot cliche too, let's not fool ourselves here, and 1 story is alot more than what you just said.

Game play wise, again, I prefer 2,but 1 is a much better starting point due to better tutorials and alot less mechanic to remember at once.

It's fine if you don't like it, but if other people's want to play 1 first for one reason or the other, let em do. At the end of the day, so long more people's get into Xenoblade, who care what their first game is?
I do, cuz people deserve to not have to play games that aren't worth their time investment.

Top Bottom