• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

zferolie

Smash Hero
just a few more days till everything is answered. Have a few fanarts/comics I found amusing

This one is pretty poinent to what we have talked about before.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
just a few more days till everything is answered. Have a few fanarts/comics I found amusing

This one is pretty poinent to what we have talked about before.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I prefer to imagine the scenario of Mythra being asked to wear something more conservative, her throwing a huge defensive fit about it before begrudgingly trying on the black getup... and then trying to deny that she actually likes the new outfit better, just so that she won't have to admit to being wrong about something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
After playing Xenoblade Chronicles Definite Edition on Switch, and especially after the Pyra and Mythra reveal, I became interessred, and purchased XBC2. Real great game! Only complaint so far is that the enemy AI is meddlesome as ****!! So I took down a group of monsters, am roughly level 20 with Rex, Nia and Tora. A unique monster flies in, level 18, can barely handle him. All seems to be going fine, then what happens?! A damn meddlesome level 22 big ass bird flies in and makes my life hell...

Great game tho. And I see why Pyra was so popular. She's a lovable character, despite her design being quite sexualized.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
After playing Xenoblade Chronicles Definite Edition on Switch, and especially after the Pyra and Mythra reveal, I became interessred, and purchased XBC2. Real great game! Only complaint so far is that the enemy AI is meddlesome as ****!! So I took down a group of monsters, am roughly level 20 with Rex, Nia and Tora. A unique monster flies in, level 18, can barely handle him. All seems to be going fine, then what happens?! A damn meddlesome level 22 big ass bird flies in and makes my life hell...

Great game tho. And I see why Pyra was so popular. She's a lovable character, despite her design being quite sexualized.
It could be worse - the Territorial Rotbart pretty much kept me from playing the game for a while. It's a monster that randomly runs around the starting area of the game (its territory includes areas that you need to go or pass through for side quests and main story missions), it targets you as soon as it sees you... and it's level 81.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It could be worse - the Territorial Rotbart pretty much kept me from playing the game for a while. It's a monster that randomly runs around the starting area of the game (its territory includes areas that you need to go or pass through for side quests and main story missions), it targets you as soon as it sees you... and it's level 81.
Ah yeah, the great ritual for all XB newcomers:

Getting their day ruin by a big ass overlevel gorilla with guitar in the background.

Make for a great feeling when you're finally able to kill him in the endgame.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I've seen Giant Donkey Kong from Smash 64 on steroids ravaging through that area lol. He just killed me once. I could escape the Articuno looking birds luckily, but Giant DK ...? There's no escape.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah I've seen Giant Donkey Kong from Smash 64 on steroids ravaging through that area lol. He just killed me once. I could escape the Articuno looking birds luckily, but Giant DK ...? There's no escape.
When you actually get around to fighting him or other members of that family, you will realize he has more in common with this:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Ironically, Rotbert didn't really give me issues...it was the bird(s). I think by the time I had taken out Rotbert I think I had already taken down the stronger Gonzales.

Last edited:

Gleam

Smash Ace
There's a real notable difference when it comes to the enemy AI in Xenoblade 2 compared to Definitive Edition.

In that in Definitive Edition, enemies are often rather slower, leave you alone after maybe 30 meters and don't immediately aggro on you. Dying in that game by an enemy kind of requires you to actively stay and fight the enemy. I don't think I've ever died in DE by the sudden appearance of an overleveled enemy. If one suddenly shows up, it almost always keep track of my party leaving me more than enough time to get away if necessary.

In Xenoblade 2, you don't realize this but a pact has been made by all creatures of Alrest. It was made shortly after you arrived in Gormott when the creatures deemed Rex making the same "AAAAAAIYYAAAH" yell about 3 times against Malos a sin against the world. It was all unanimously voted that Rex and anyone in cahoots with Rex had to die. This pact was then signed by the 3 Overlords of Alrest. Territorial Rotbart, Immovable Gonzales and Deimos Sauros.

And that's why in Xenoblade 2, everything seems to aggro on you, chases you across half the map and wants you dead.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well, only a few more days left until the presentation. I'm praying that they end up releasing on the same day.

Replaying XC2 in the meantime and I realized that I'm absolute ass at Challenge Mode lol. I'm trying to fill out the last node on Elma's affinity chart but Cloud Sea King keeps kicking my **** in, and I really don't want to set the difficulty lower to get it done. She's real fun to use tho, especially with the Overdrive mechanic even if I can't say that I completely understand how it works yet.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Replaying XC2 in time for the presentation and I forgot how absolutely off-the-wall Chapter 4 is. It starts off relatively normal and then turns into
Nopon shooting and killing another Nopon and giant Mech Robots

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Well, only a few more days left until the presentation. I'm praying that they end up releasing on the same day.

Replaying XC2 in the meantime and I realized that I'm absolute ass at Challenge Mode lol. I'm trying to fill out the last node on Elma's affinity chart but Cloud Sea King keeps kicking my **** in, and I really don't want to set the difficulty lower to get it done. She's real fun to use tho, especially with the Overdrive mechanic even if I can't say that I completely understand how it works yet.
If I recall correctly, Overdrive can be activated/reset repeatedly so long as you fill party meter before the timer goes to zero. Actually really easy with Elma since her blade specials are all multihits. Each time overdrive is reset you get a damage bonus. Most things won't last past the fourth reset since the bonus gets so big.

Basically, Elma is stupidly good and she even gets a music buff~

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Just wanted to give an update on this and say that I managed to do it on Normal. I put Burst Symbols and Avant Garde Medals on my party and crit spammed with Fiora to keep my Party Gauge and health up as much as possible, then I whittled away his health with Chain Attacks and made sure to keep LVL 4 Specials and stage 3 Blade Combos around to dodge his more deadly attacks.

If I recall correctly, Overdrive can be activated/reset repeatedly so long as you fill party meter before the timer goes to zero. Actually really easy with Elma since her blade specials are all multihits. Each time overdrive is reset you get a damage bonus. Most things won't last past the fourth reset since the bonus gets so big.

Basically, Elma is stupidly good and she even gets a music buff~
Ah, that's good to know. I'm gonna make sure to experiment with her more often after I grind her Trust up to S+.

And yeah, the music buff is noice.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I'm 98% sure they'd release the day after, at least.

It was pretty insane how Xenoblade Chronicles 2 instantly sold out when Pyra and Mythra got into Smash. MonolithSoft must be bathing in more cash than they already made.
The only thing that prevented them from porting X was a lack of funds. Won't be an issue now. :tomnook:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Not gonna lie, I wish that Palutena's Guidance got updated with every DLC character. I would love to hear what Pit, Palutena and Viridi have to say about Pyra & Mythra.

But hey, I got to hear the good waifus in Japanese if I can be bothered to change the language settings in the game. It'll be kinda neat to hear Xander Mobus say "Homura" and "Hikari".

Random question by the way. If Nintendo allowed ArcSys (The company who made Blazblue and Guilty Gear and also published Under Night In-Birth) to make a 2D Anime Fighting game, which IP do you think they could use? I kinda feel like they could make a Fire Emblem fighting game (Presumably using Shadow Dragon, Awakening, Fates and Three Houses). Except the Three Houses would be from three different timelines (One where Female Byleth sided with Edelgard, Awakened Male Byleth siding with Dimitri, and Claude who is neutral).

Also, I'm happy that because of Pyra & Mythra's reveal in Smash, that is increased sales of the game a lot more. Especially seeing Mew2King playing Xenoblade 2 and really enjoying it too. I wonder if any VTubers have begun playing it too? I only know that Nui Sociere (She also played one of my favourite games of all time, Grandia) and Roberu played Xenoblade 2. Whereas Pekora has played the first Xenoblade.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, I wish that Palutena's Guidance got updated with every DLC character. I would love to hear what Pit, Palutena and Viridi have to say about Pyra & Mythra.

But hey, I got to hear the good waifus in Japanese if I can be bothered to change the language settings in the game. It'll be kinda neat to hear Xander Mobus say "Homura" and "Hikari".

Random question by the way. If Nintendo allowed ArcSys (The company who made Blazblue and Guilty Gear and also published Under Night In-Birth) to make a 2D Anime Fighting game, which IP do you think they could use? I kinda feel like they could make a Fire Emblem fighting game (Presumably using Shadow Dragon, Awakening, Fates and Three Houses). Except the Three Houses would be from three different timelines (One where Female Byleth sided with Edelgard, Awakened Male Byleth siding with Dimitri, and Claude who is neutral).

Also, I'm happy that because of Pyra & Mythra's reveal in Smash, that is increased sales of the game a lot more. Especially seeing Mew2King playing Xenoblade 2 and really enjoying it too. I wonder if any VTubers have begun playing it too? I only know that Nui Sociere (She also played one of my favourite games of all time, Grandia) and Roberu played Xenoblade 2. Whereas Pekora has played the first Xenoblade.
I'm pretty pleased M2K is enjoying xc2. I hope more smashers play it. Few mentioned having to play it after the reveal. Roberu played XCDE too btw. I would bet Pekora plays xc2. During her direct watch along she immediately recognized xc2 and was pretty excited, tho she's kinda just that way. Id bet on her playing it soon. Maybe after DQ11.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Don't think Mythra was ever associated with bunnies. May not mean anything kinda like the Nia pic. Could just be for fun.

Though, the real question is...why is Pyra blushing? Does Superspicey Curry make some blush?

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
If this is foreshadowing a bunny poncho, then well played Sakurai, but I kinda doubt they'll cook up a whole new thing like that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If this is foreshadowing a bunny poncho, then well played Sakurai, but I kinda doubt they'll cook up a whole new thing like that.
What if it's the reason they didnt want to show it on the site? so that they can explain then made a new one?

Could be another reason tho, just dreaming XD

Arthur97

Smash Master
What if it's the reason they didnt want to show it on the site? so that they can explain then made a new one?

Could be another reason tho, just dreaming XD
That...would make some degree of sense. Not saying I'm against them making her a hoodie, just kind of doubt it. The only other big reasons I could see for them hiding them is if for some reason Sakurai really wants to go over them, or if the spoiler is somehow involved maybe.

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
It was pretty insane how Xenoblade Chronicles 2 instantly sold out when Pyra and Mythra got into Smash. MonolithSoft must be bathing in more cash than they already made.
That is really good news..... seems that smash has not lost its ability to carry nintendo games to new heights :). Hopefully that convinces Monolith to release XC3 or XCX2 soon. Or a game that combines the strengths of XC and XCX.....

Staarih

Smash Master
Well, to be fair, there weren't that many copies to begin with (people complain about the availability of the game all the time). It did jump up quite a bit on eShop rankings though, so nevertheless, it did get at least at bit of that "Smash boost" which is quite a feat and promising for the future of the series.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Imagine telling someone in 2001 that Monolith Soft would be making bank thanks to The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing and Smash Bros.
When you really think about it, it's uncanny just how much of a long way Xenoblade came.

We're talking about a game that wasn't even certain to be exported until enough fans clamored for it via an elaborate petition. Despite detractors insisting that petitions never work, it was still enough to convince NOA to give the game a chance, and was enough of a hit that a Wii U installment was born and Shulk eventually got into Smash come the next game gen. The series itself progressively gave Takahashi more freedom than he ever got after two attempts at Square-Enix and Bamco.

Now it is an evergreen property, with MS being officially a first-party developer.

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice

A Xenoblade fighter in the style ArcSys usually does would be areally good idea, specially if they pull off making driver/blade duos too, it sounds right up their alley.

Also leaving a last, changed prediction for costumes:

Zeke
Morag
Poppi
Kos-Mos (repping her original game, not being counted for her 2 version I assume, unless that easier to get the rights to)
The 2 MonHun ones

Also next spinoff should be XCZ the Z will stand for
Zeke

Well, to be fair, there weren't that many copies to begin with (people complain about the availability of the game all the time). It did jump up quite a bit on eShop rankings though, so nevertheless, it did get at least at bit of that "Smash boost" which is quite a feat and promising for the future of the series.
The availability complaint is in the us only, youre out of the loop: the gamealso sold out in Japan, thats a huge deal, theyre super hyped with the game (which is only fair its pretty good and a go to for jrpgs on the switch)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That is really good news..... seems that smash has not lost its ability to carry nintendo games to new heights :). Hopefully that convinces Monolith to release XC3 or XCX2 soon. Or a game that combines the strengths of XC and XCX.....
I'm one of these fans. I also played Xenoblade 1's remake prior to XB2, mostly because of Shulk in Smash, as the character grew on me. And Xenoblade was a game I always wanted to play since the Wii days as it was highly acclaimed and praised by critics back in the day. The remake looked even better, and the story blew me away!!

Now am just in Chapter 3 of Xenoblade 2, and despite the "meddlesome enemies" I think this game is a wholesome experience. It looks beautiful, plays beautiful, and presents itself extremely well. Good story, but doesn't take itself too seriously, a thing the first Xenoblade also did, but more subtle.

Whilst XB1 had characters that felt a little more relatable (I related with Dunban and Reyn both especially), XB2 has characters that don't really take themselves all good seriously, so far, and it fits. This game is a good feel experience, and it looks beautiful. Deep combat mechanics, but I do often wish Tora would keep his damn mouth with his constant "meh meh meh". I love the guy, he's terrific in battle, but switching him with Vanbar wasn't a thing I regretted too much at all. 😅

I'm glad Sakurai gave XB2 it's well deserved shot at two wonderful playable characters with the Aegis sisters, and thus basically sold me this experience. Smash opened me to a great many of franchises, and am thankful for it. I do hope Monolith keeps making these games. I wouldn't mind at all if Xenoblade became a bigger overall franchise for Nintendo.

Top Bottom