• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
This may be surprising, but in the near future sometime after Pyra/Mythra's release, I'll play XC1 Definitive Edition instead of XC2.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
When you really think about it, it's uncanny just how much of a long way Xenoblade came.

We're talking about a game that wasn't even certain to be exported until enough fans clamored for it via an elaborate petition. Despite detractors insisting that petitions never work, it was still enough to convince NOA to give the game a chance, and was enough of a hit that a Wii U installment was born and Shulk eventually got into Smash come the next game gen. The series itself progressively gave Takahashi more freedom than he ever got after two attempts at Square-Enix and Bamco.

Now it is an evergreen property, with MS being officially a first-party developer.
Yeah, it really is an incredible testament to the value of Monolith Soft when they are given a good budget and enough time to create their games. It also helps that their support experience with working on games like Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus and Dragonball Z: Attack of the Saiyans gave them the expertise to be Nintendo's support studio for their first-party titles. They're completely deserving of the praise and profits they're getting right now.

This may be surprising, but in the near future sometime after Pyra/Mythra's release, I'll play XC1 Definitive Edition instead of XC2.
Why not just purchase both games now? it's a worthwhile investment if you're into story-driven RPG's.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
It is almost time Boys, Girls and Blades!

And right on cue too. Since I just finished watching all of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds subbed. Man, I regret not watching 5Ds sooner because it was great! Probably my favourite YGO series out there (Even though I only watched DM and GX Dubbed. And I never even finished those two).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Less than 17 hours left :D

I'll have to wake up earlier for it :O

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'll leave the video in case people wants to watch it here. In case, set a reminder as the video will play in the morning. (Depends on your timezone.)

zferolie

Smash Hero
9 am huh... gonna be rough with my job but I will watch this. hopefully its not too long

Dukefire

Smash Master
Usually lasts between 35-50 mins depending on how much content the character is bringing with history and Sakurai's reason why him/her was chosen.

The longest one so far was Terry's video about an hour long with SNK and KoF history.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, this is it lads.

I'll leave the video in case people wants to watch it here. In case, set a reminder as the video will play in the morning. (Depends on your timezone.)
I'll miss it completely due to work, but good of you to leave it here conveniently, saves me the trouble of dodging spoilers (pretty much just the Mii costumes, but still).

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, this is it lads.

I'll miss it completely due to work, but good of you to leave it here conveniently, saves me the trouble of dodging spoilers (pretty much just the Mii costumes, but still).
I prefer to listen to this to get in a Pyra mood. And dream of a showdown that could very well become reality.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I’m gonna be asleep during the presentation because of my night shift job so I won’t be able to watch it...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I should be up before the presentation airs, but I still have the feeling that software version 11.0.0 won't be released until 3/9; an Online Tourney will be taking place this weekend to celebrate the Pokemon series's anniversary.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I should be up before the presentation airs, but I still have the feeling that software version 11.0.0 won't be released until 3/9; an Online Tourney will be taking place this weekend to celebrate the Pokemon series's anniversary.
I think they most likely release tomorow. I don't remember another time where we already had the update coming and they were released later. But eh, we'll see what ends up happening ;)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seeing as 11.0.0 will more than likely make adjustments to fighter movesets, it would make more sense to release the next software update after the online tourney is taken care of.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Seeing as 11.0.0 will more than likely make adjustments to fighter movesets, it would make more sense to release the next software update after the online tourney is taken care of.
Not really. I don't think Nintendo cares small stuff like that.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I know I'm late, but I'm SUPER happy to see Pyra & Mythra get in! While it wasn't what most Xenoblade 2 fans (myself included) were anticipating, Pyra & Mythra are a very welcome inclusion and fit in with the rest of the cast. I would've posted to this thread earlier, but I am so hyped for this inclusion I've been watching her trailer and other Xenoblade 2 fans hype over the reveal. This has to be my favorite inclusion since Inkling!

Here's hoping we get a lot of other Xenoblade 2 Content tomorrow as well. (And maybe a same-day release too!)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Stopping by from my hiatus to (finally) say congratulations! I am a huge xeno series fan and had a good feeling about another Xenoblade character happening. Probably like everyone else, I thought Rex was at the top of the list, but I am pleasantly surprised by this outcome!

Incredibly interested to see them in action as well as seeing their Alts. If there is a possibility for a KOS-MOS and T-elos alt, I would be super stoked.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Gonna be sleeping all the way until it starts :p So..

Enjoy the presentation everyone!

Dukefire

Smash Master
Here is the video if you want to see it. Just make sure to set a reminder in case.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
You should play XC2 instead of any version of XC1. 2's the better version and the better game, and from my experience so far, playing 1 is not necessary to deeply enjoy 2.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
XB1 game play is much easier to understand for a newcomer. While I prefer 2 myself, I wouldn't be against someone trying out 2
1 first, especially if it's DE they're playing.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I prefer to listen to this to get in a Pyra mood. And dream of a showdown that could very well become reality.

I'm a fan of Monster Hunter music too... but with soundtracks like the xeno series has, how can you not dip into there for your Pyra/Mythra hype track?

There's so many to pick from tbh. Maybe the Awakening would be good first seeing as it plays for her awakening and ultimate final attack, it's pretty hype as well, and we'll all be waking up for this Sakurai Presents, heh~

Admittedly, it's a very cinematic song with "moments" coinciding with events from the game, so it maybe doesn't have the persistent energy to hype one up like some tracks. But it's got a strong association for anyone that played xc2. I can see the scene on the abandoned ship vividly, and how epic Pyra appeared in that first appearance outside her dream of Elysium. And of course the scene at the end of the game too.. no spoilers.

Last edited:

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
XB1 game play is much easier to understand for a newcomer. While I prefer 2 myself, I wouldn't be against someone trying out 2
1 first, especially if it's DE they're playing.
1 just feels dated and like a waste of time to me, with an obnoxious and cliched story about
killing God or something like that
. This is my opinion of the switch version. 2 feels consistently great throughout so far.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
1 just feels dated and like a waste of time to me, with an obnoxious and cliched story about
killing God or something like that
. This is my opinion of the switch version. 2 feels consistently great throughout so far.
2 as alot cliche too, let's not fool ourselves here, and 1 story is alot more than what you just said.

Game play wise, again, I prefer 2,but 1 is a much better starting point due to better tutorials and alot less mechanic to remember at once.

It's fine if you don't like it, but if other people's want to play 1 first for one reason or the other, let em do. At the end of the day, so long more people's get into Xenoblade, who care what their first game is?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Less then 10 minites to go. And it feelsmlike they will be playable later todaybor tommorow. So excotes

Arthur97

Smash Master
Pyra's damage output does seem pretty significant. Casually she should be fine if not preferred.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Pyra's up-b is soooo powerful. It seems fast so imagine getting kos just by up-b out of shield.
crazy XD

Releasing today!!! :D

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well i knew them releasing today was likely. Looking foward to playing them after work.

Interesting mii fighters. Nothing for xenoblade, and concert leak is dead(thank god). Lloyd is the only missing mii fighter costume now, which is interesting. We shall wait and see.

I still feel our most likely predictions are based on either just missed out of base game or long negotiations.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not great for recovery, but that seems to be Mythra's job.
It's quick tho, but what was weird is that she didn't cling to the stage with it, it did the entire up-b. That kind of really isn't good unless she has super armor or something, even then someone can just get her after she land.

Overall seems like Mythra will be better except for kos, kinda like we talked about.

Top Bottom