• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

link2702

Smash Champion
great! so.....patch notes anyone? Can't play atm since now I gotta go and upload some replays....

Fares612

Smash Apprentice
Dumb question but how do you do the flurry attack when you are not in combat? In his presentation earlier, he did it while he wasn't attacking anyone. I can only get it to work when someone is being damaged?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You know what, I can see why Sakurai prefers Pyra as a fighter. Girl's a damn powerhouse. Gonna unga-bunga with this girl every time I pick the two.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Also, Pyra is heavier. Managed to test it on Mushroom Kingdom. Does seem a bit sluggish, but maybe the Classic mode of theirs didn't help first impressions.

zferolie

Smash Hero
got a bunch of classic mode games in and training. they are pretty fun. Mythra really has very few kill moves at below 80% or even 100% i notice, but pyra can kill super easily at lower health. Also pyra has somne pretty good ledge guarding. her side be if placed right covers an edge very well. Mthyra is better for jumping off and edge guarding that way.

I alsoi find the best way to use either of their B moves is start in the air so you can land and fire it, but tapping pyra's B has good speed at least.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Attribute data incoming...

Pyra's attributes...
Walk Speed: 0.92
Traction: 0.08
Initial Dash: 1.69
Run Speed: 1.38
Add. Air Accel.: 0.055
Base Air Accel.: 0.01
Air Speed: 1.1
Air Friction: 0.009
Gravity: 0.078
Falling Speed: 1.62
Fast-Falling Speed: 2.592
Weight: 98

Mythra's attributes...
Walk Speed: 1.42
Traction: 0.121
Initial Dash: 2.45
Run Speed: 2.41
Add. Air Accel.: 0.06
Air Speed: 1.22
Air Friction: 0.012
Gravity: 0.137
Falling Speed: 1.87
Fast-Falling Speed: 2.992
Weight: 92

zferolie

Smash Hero
Attribute data incoming...

Pyra's attributes...
Walk Speed: 0.92
Traction: 0.08
Initial Dash: 1.69
Run Speed: 1.38
Add. Air Accel.: 0.055
Air Speed: 1.1
Air Friction: 0.009
Gravity: 0.078
Falling Speed: 1.62
Fast-Falling Speed: 2.592
Weight: 98

Mythra's attributes...
Walk Speed: 1.42
Traction: 0.121
Initial Dash: 2.45
Run Speed: 2.41
Add. Air Accel.: 0.06
Air Speed: 1.22
Air Friction: 0.012
Gravity: 0.137
Falling Speed: 1.87
Fast-Falling Speed: 2.992
Weight: 92
thanks for this. man Mythra is FAST. i mean I know when i saw her today, but playing with he she feels so fast. Like one of the top 5 fastest?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ok! First Impression for Pyra and Mythra:

Mythra is much faster than I thought, and Pyra much slower XD
The difference in range and power is obvious though, Pyra really has good large hitboxes, but I don't know if I'd say she's good because of them, the slowness to her attacks are really noticeable, including longer landing lag on the aerials, which I find pretty unfortunate, because it feels like on her own she won't really be a great competitive character. But her ko power is huge so she'll be very good to end stocks, and I think her side-b will be decent for edge guarding.

I noticed besides up-B, Pyra's back air is pretty good for ko'ing at high-ish percents. She has a lot of moves that ko though, she's really just a powerhouse :p
Up-B is super good. (Not quite good for recovering tho)

Mythra is super good all around (besides ko power). She's an amazing character and I think already high tier by herself, and if you add on Pyra's kill power, I think they're among the better characters in the game.

Mythra's side-b and up-b are surprisingly good. You can fast fall up b so it's actually good as a projectile too. And ray of punishment reaches further down than chroma dust, so it's not bad to edge guard or get a bit more damage with when they're off stage.

Transformation is cool, you keep the momentum if you're jumping and moving.

I like the Gold and Silver alts. And the Pneuma ones.

Unfortunately, I'll probably end up using Mythra more, and Pyra situationally. Because I tend towards faster characters, and really I think Mythra is just super awesomely good XD.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ok! First Impression for Pyra and Mythra:

Mythra is much faster than I thought, and Pyra much slower XD
The difference in range and power is obvious though, Pyra really has good large hitboxes, but I don't know if I'd say she's good because of them, the slowness to her attacks are really noticeable, including longer landing lag on the aerials, which I find pretty unfortunate, because it feels like on her own she won't really be a great competitive character. But her ko power is huge so she'll be very good to end stocks, and I think her side-b will be decent for edge guarding.

I noticed besides up-B, Pyra's back air is pretty good for ko'ing at high-ish percents. She has a lot of moves that ko though, she's really just a powerhouse :p
Up-B is super good. (Not quite good for recovering tho)

Mythra is super good all around (besides ko power). She's an amazing character and I think already high tier by herself, and if you add on Pyra's kill power, I think they're among the better characters in the game.

Mythra's side-b and up-b are surprisingly good. You can fast fall up b so it's actually good as a projectile too. And ray of punishment reaches further down than chroma dust, so it's not bad to edge guard or get a bit more damage with when they're off stage.

Transformation is cool, you keep the momentum if you're jumping and moving.

I like the Gold and Silver alts. And the Pneuma ones.

Unfortunately, I'll probably end up using Mythra more, and Pyra situationally. Because I tend towards faster characters, and really I think Mythra is just super awesomely good XD.
funny, I tend towards slower characters or mid speed. Daisy, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Zelda, though I do love ZSS. I found myself liking Pyra a bit more then mythra, but I plan to try and use them around the same

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
thanks for this. man Mythra is FAST. i mean I know when i saw her today, but playing with he she feels so fast. Like one of the top 5 fastest?
She still runs slower than Little Mac and Captain Falcon though, and her walking doesn't come close to rivaling Marth's walking speed. But we at least know that Pyra runs slower than Mythra's walking.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Pyra does seem a bit...overly slow. Also, her forward smash apparently is her "special attribute". Don't think it is really worth the special page.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I mean, so does Mega Man's. And Ganondorf's. Seems they were just trying to mirror foresight.
I feel like Pyra's forward smash hits harder then theirs, and might come out faster? not sure.

i noticed that a lot of Pyra's flame attacks really hurt and hit in a slight larger range. even her pummel hurts people not grabbed for solid damage.

Also, Mythras B specil SOMETIMES hits people above and around her while she is charging?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah Pyra's f-smash is better than those. More powerful than megaman's, and faster than Ganon's.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Pyra's up tilt might be one of my favorite moves on her. Unfortunately, stronger throws don't seem to amount to much as still no good kill throw.

It's definitely stronger than Mega Man's, but not more range. At least not a charged one. NOt sure if I'd say it's stronger than Dorf's without testing...let's rectify that.

Edit: yeah, Dorf's seems to be stronger. So much for all that hype.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
To celebrate their release, Monolith soft released a short video of pyra and mythra thanking is for getting into smash

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
Figured I'd try a couple matches against them online.... Mythra is literally up tilt up air up til up air up tilt up air down b to pyra up b you die

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Interesting thing I found out, you can change direction of Mythra's neutral b. It doesn't change the charging direction, but it'll hit the other direction if you hold the other way.
Another neat thing, if you run with her and use neutral b quick enough, you can slide with her while she's charging :D

I find that Pyra's attacks can be more satisfying to land. I might end up playing with her quite a bit too :p

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
After trying them out earlier today, I think I need more practice with Mythra while Pyra comes naturally to me. Then again, I usually prefer characters that are slow, but powerful.

Only real disappointment is the Classic Route, which doesn't reference XB2 at all but rather...

has them fight 2 on 1 against characters who are the same, whether it be a disguise, a similar shape, a rival, or a fighters' dark side.

Spirits were nice though I'm gonna have to wait to get two of them at a later date.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Don't get me started on the classic mode. Not for the lack of references, but just the route itself. Who doesn't love fighting multiple fighters at once?

link2702

Smash Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So this is a thing.
i attempted this and cpu's escaped easily. I don't think this is a true chaingrab at all. Unless it's only possible on a small number of characters. That or i'm missing some sort of joke the op was implying.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The smash bros site has the alt colors now. So we should be able to get the full renders for each color easily.
I'm sure it's somewhere on twitter XD

Arrei

Smash Lord
Pyra is certainly sluggish, but man, landing her Dair onstage is AMAZING. Free followups into Prominence Revolt, Up Smash, or aerials depending on percent, which will kill.
I can't actually spike with this thing for the life of me, though, she can't use it below the stage's height at all or she can't make it back.

Edit: Turns out this thing can cover the ledge without going offstage, so Pyra does have an edgeguarding option that doesn't endanger her life!

Last edited:

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
One cool thing that wasn't mentioned in the Sakurai Presents is that Azurda talks about the state of the match and the background titans. I think he's the first "background commentator" that is present at all times, unless I'm forgetting someone. The stage itself is pretty simple but also unique. Probably my 4th or 5th favourite out of the DLC stages.

I was pretty sure I was going to prefer Pyra, but Mythra has been surprisingly fun to use as well. I don't usually jive with the fast but weak archetype, but her attacks flow together so nicely and effortlessly that it didn't take long for me to "get" her. I think I still prefer Pyra overall because of Flare Smash, Blazing End and Prominence Revolt, but it feels really natural to swap between them based on the situation or matchup.

Constantini

Smash Cadet
This is one hella scrubby character. dumb Utilt juggles and Mythras tilts have absurd range and killing power. This "she is slow" downplay ain't real.
Why does her Dair cover below her, in front, ABOVE her and kill at like 80% onstage AND set up for kill followups/send you flying at a bad angle? Jeez.

Top Bottom