• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) TwitchTV Zelda-thon Donation Drive

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Been literally YEARS since I logged onto Smashboards...but I was more of Brawl player when I did post on here but gave that game up many years ago. I play melee casually with friends and have only been to one real life tournament...but my love for this game and community made me re-log on this website after reading the scumbag disrespectful Twitter msg Skullgirls devs left about Melee it makes me want to help take action.

I will be running a 48 hour Zelda-thon by myself in one-sitting (the way I normally do it) to help raise funds for the Breast Cancer Cure fundraiser. This starts the moment I wake up Saturday morning and will run into Sunday and a bit of Monday. I have no idea how much I can clock in but I estimate bare minimum at least $1,000 from people OUTSIDE of the Smash Community whos money isn't probably tapped dry after pumping in 15k into Melee...BUT the problem was since it uses wepay.com that I'll never actually know how much gets put in the way I would know if it used ChipIn

Anyway, my channel is http://www.twitch.tv/oddler aka the ResidentSleeper emoticon if you type into chat.

I'll be running Zelda games by myself for 48 hours hustling people for donations.

Revven

FrankerZ
This is simply brilliant! <3

I support this 1000000000000%, more of this is what we need. Appreciate it so much, Oddler!

Revven

FrankerZ
Someone get cosmo to do this.
He said he wouldn't because he never talks about Smash on his stream so it'd be weird. :( (It's, IMO, a poor excuse to me but it is what it is. He did participate in a donation fund already with AGDQ so I wouldn't be surprised if he's tired and wants a break from that sort of thing).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
When will this be happening? Thanks a ton btw, this is sick.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
This is an awesome idea. I was just brainstorming earlier today and thought a long livestream for some popular games would be a great way to bring in donations. I know Call of Duty commentators can bring in a large number of subscribers, and it's making me wish I started a CoD channel.

So thanks for doing this, I'll definitely tune in sometime. And if anyone else is well-known in other communities, this idea would work elsewhere too.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Someone get cosmo to do this.
I've just asked Cosmo on Twitter if he'd like to run Wind Waker for me in the marathon. I also asked another Melee enthusiast Mofat who runs Twilight Princess and I believe was power ranked in Oregon if he'd like to do that since there's far more zelda content than 48 hours can do.

Revven

FrankerZ
I've just asked Cosmo on Twitter if he'd like to run Wind Waker for me in the marathon. I also asked another Melee enthusiast Mofat who runs Twilight Princess and I believe was power ranked in Oregon if he'd like to do that since there's far more zelda content than 48 hours can do.
This is sounding even better and better. Cosmo gets a consistent 3k-5k viewers now so him participating would be so awesome.

10th

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure Iateyourpie (twitch.tv/iateyourpie) is a melee fan/played a bit a while back, and he gets a ton of viewers for paper mario. It couldn't hurt to try and contact him for support if anybody's up for that (obviously not for the zeldathon but for getting different people to donate in general)

Revven

FrankerZ
I'll try messaging Siglemic to run OoT or something...I know he use to go to melee tourneys.
I'm not sure how up Sig would be for that, I don't think he's there yet to do a full 100% OoT run. Though if you did manage to get him it'd be really cool.

The other option would be to ask him to run MM instead, since I'm pretty sure that's more his game than OoT is right now. But hey, who knows, maybe he will be up for OoT as it'd be good practice regardless.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
twitch.tv/zodiacsmash is a pretty popular Zelda Twilight Princess speed runner and also cares about Melee being a player of it in tourneys as well. He just said he was in to help run TP. It's just that much more hype.

Revven

FrankerZ
Everybody should also support whoever participates in this by tuning into when they stream. Just having their stream channels open while they're playing helps them, even if you aren't watching. The more viewers they get total, the more likely it is for them to be on the front page of twitch, which only means more possible donations towards the breast cancer research and Melee going to Evo.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
All advertisement money I make on my channel and on this marathon will go directly for my personal donation I'll be doing. So the more viewers + viewers with ad-block turned off is also bank.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
All advertisement money I make on my channel and on this marathon will go directly for my personal donation I'll be doing. So the more viewers + viewers with ad-block turned off is also bank.
You will be the first person I turn off ad-block for.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Thanks Oddler from all of us at Melee It On Me and the Smash community in general, we'll definitely give you a shoutout on our podcast this weekend.

Guys, I suggest you don't bug Cosmo or other people a second time if they've already declined. You don't want to annoy people into doing a favor for you.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I talked briefly to Jiano on his stream about melee a few days ago. He didn't really seem to have any sort of interest in melee anymore and he doesn't pull that many viewers regardless.

Cosmo would be a cool candidate to maybe pitch is for a little and leave a donation link on his page. But that's up to him and from my understanding he's already said he doesn't wanna do anything of the sort which sucks but it's his choice and we gotta respect it.

Top Bottom