• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
...I don't even at all right now.

@soup: It's not about disagreeing with you. No lynch is a viable option and there's nothing wrong with your rationalization.
So why are you voting me if it's not because of my logic?

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
(Ohh, I can respond to multiple posts at once!)
Money? I'm not sure that money has anything to do with it. What do you think? All wii really know is that the murderer was hung and that he was wearing his glasses and a white coat. Wii believe these clues could point to not only his own identity, but all of ours. Wii are not sure how though :glare:
"I guess I don't know any clues about the motive either, I hoped you would have some..." I blush a bit. "But I think maybe he's a scientist or a doctor. They wear white coats and usually glasses if they wreck their eyes in college, so that would be my guess."

(Nabe, is the coat like a lab coat or is something else? A parka maybe :grin:)

(I'm stealing your emotes Chuckie!)

Wii do love mysteries :chuckle:

I've heard of Stephen King, however I don't believe I've read any of his books. Wii really need to read more :chuckle:

Do you have a favourite novel of his? Perhaps one you would suggest wii read? :b:
(I'm reading 11/22/63, I won't spoil it! I also really love Dark Tower, and The Shining! The sequel to that is coming out soon, gives me nightmares :scared: but so exciting too! You should read The Shining! It's not a mystery really but if you want to be scared... Even tho Halloween is over haha)

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Soup's response to Le Bateluer was pretty much what I was going to say.

Soup can you think of ANY reason why someone would not want to out the theme of the game? This isn't a rhetorical question.

Also, if you think that if someone should out the theme of the game immediately if they get it, then why not share that information with Jdiatz?
Huh! I haven't talked to Soup until now ('cause he wants to kill me for NO reason :glare:) And I just got here now!

Is no-one else roleplaying? -__-;; I feel self-conscious... It's fun though!

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Every-one is focused on their present instead of on the murder! Alltho I do want to know what's in mine...

Did he really die by hanging?? Some-one should go up and look to see if he has like gunshots or stabs in him. (Sorry if this was allready mentioned, I'm still reading :p)

July

Smash Apprentice
So sorry I haven't been here, I've been freaking out studying for the GRE. I take the test tomorrow so I'll finally be able to get into this game on Tuesday.

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
So many people, so many suspects :p

These are suspicious faces! I don't judge a book by it's cover but I will look out under my bed for Circus' avy :c

Right then. Since Le Bateluer (tako?) doesn't want people to give out hints received, the same question that I asked Soup goes out to him.

There literally is no way of knowing rather or not outing "hints," or even the true theme of the game, will benefit town or mafia more. HOWEVER, I would prefer to not *****foot around it, so I will give out the information I have.

Night 0 I choose to "shake the present." I was told that I couldn't really hear anything move around in it, which meant (and this is what the mod told me, not my own speculation) that the final object must of been secured pretty well within the final layer, and that since the presents were likely layered, each object in between was likely thin.

Day 1 I thought that I found the common thread of all the available evidence and was confident enough to guess the true theme of the game. I guessed that we were playing in "Pokemon mafia," but no dice.

Yes, this means that I still don't know my alignment, and I won't until toNight.
This guy (Clint Eastwood?) seems to be trying to turn me into other people. :cool::smirk: I'll keep my eye on you too.

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
It is. I am reading that series at the moment and it's pretty good!

@soup: It's how you're playing in general. Call it a gut read based on your demeanor if you must, but I'd call it something more powerful.
(You too! How far in-to it are you?)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
(fun fact, JTB stands for jake the boy, one of the major characters of the series)

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Raziek it was a card. I can go more in depth on this tonight as there is a big big clue in the OP
clue being the man that was hanged and his present opening strategy of burning.
Ohh, that's what the tarot card stuff was about. I get you now... :cool:
Then I started thinking about the Burning of the Wicker Man.

BTW I know what the theme is.
Post it.

There is no Pro-Town reason to withhold it.
What do people think about this conversation? It's really meta, but it does seem like taco is hiding things and being coy...

JTB, you read Dark Tower too?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I agree with Soup in the sense that the best way to go toDay is a no lynch. The only thing to really discuss is mechanics toDay as we don't even know if the scum team had gotten through the first layer prior to Chuckie telling everyone how to get to the third layer.

If a lynch was to be preferred, I would prefer Le Bateleur out of sheer curiosity of him maybe being Nabe.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Don't lynch him. He's crumbing information to me, especially things like

Nabe, is the coat like a lab coat or is something else? A parka maybe )

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
One thing that I want to note is that if Le Bateleur is indeed Nabe, the mod is directly influencing how his game is being ran. So take what LB says with a grain of salt.

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Actually why don't you want to help me? I'm rubbed the wrong way by the fact that you berate Tako for being someone who thinks they can get information based on mechanics yet won't give me information about mechanics?

Vote: Soup
Link is right, Soup could be mafia! I mean, why is he even trying to kill me??

(I'm obvs. going to check what my alignment is now for my guess today though)
Did this work out for you?? I just realized I'm playing detective when I could be the killer! Haha, maybe presents are important after all!

Being an amnesic is actually kinda cool, because I'm basically lynch proof toDay as long as I'm not useless.
I was wondering if I was the only one!

Clint Eastwood said:
@Everyone: What do you all think about a policy lynch? If you had to policy lynch someone right now, who would it be?
If I had to kill some-one right now? Uh...
Soup! On the policy of not making me hungry whenever I read his name! Plus he's BLOODTHIRSTY like a werewolf... This is all hypothetical though, we should make sure to weigh the evidence!

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Why is every-one talking about me being Nabe?! ^__^;; You guys do realize Chuckie was saying that in character?? If you're not OOC you should use quotes...

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Overswarm (the guy with the clown avy) writes such long posts... He seems to know what he's talking about though. TBH I don't understand it all! >__>;

What is scum? What does a Yak have to do with mobsters?! ( to Ryker )

You're actually ****ing ********.

Actually.

Did you not read what Ryker said about the last game?

There's a damn good chance mafia learns their partners as soon as they learn their alignment, which is solving Layer 1.

Sheerly by NUMBERS town gets infinitely more benefit out of knowing our roles and information.

:phone:
That's not nice! This is just a game, no need to be rude! :scared:

Also where is Le Batelur at? I thought he wanted to play this game.
Sorry! There was the black-out alltho TBH I forgot...

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have returned to the world of the healthy(ish), catching myself up on this (and another game).

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Oh... I just got to your long post, Chuckie. (#230) You're serious omigod!! I'm not Nabe tho :( I'M LE BATELEUR!!! Call me Batty maybe? :bee:

Stalking me is creepy... (Maybe you have read Stephen King! <_<) I don't understand every-thing you said here. You seem to be paranoid and maybe looking for stuff that isn't there! My name is a coincedence! I was away from the site because they said the newbie game wouldn't start for a while, and when I checked again I had an invitation to this!

I was thinking maybe the hanging was fake! But maybe its real and important like you think! I don't have any-thing to do with it though. -__-;; Do you think maybe that the killer is obsessed with tarot cards?

We've gotten off on the wrong foot I think... I didn't realize you were serious!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pretty sure I have a good *** guess what the theme is: glad one of my friends loves to talk a lot at random in depth about things I've never watched/played.

(I'll let everyone know if I'm right unlike Tako. Will try once I get the automatic tarot card layer 3 thing)

Vote: Tako

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
(Nope! o.o That's so weird tho! I thought it meant The Battler like Super Smash Brothers... I guess I need to get a new username...)

(Does anyone know where the option to change usernames is?? ^__^;; I can't find it! Sorry I'm such a noob...)
Please don't edit posts in mafia games. It's very serious, because otherwise players could go back and change anything they've already said to cover up. Instead, do an "Edit By Way Of Post" or EBWOP, writing a new post to correct any mistakes. Again, first and last warning as this is very important.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Killer obsessed with tarot cards?

Hmm. Basil Hawkins comes to mind in my mind.

Also Le Batty why didn't you ever comment on my vote on you from earlier?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nabe stop pretending to be two people and answer my guess geez
Okay, this is toeing the line on my patience.

Without commenting on what's going on in-thread, which I understand might be exciting, you really shouldn't direct posts like this to me. Take this to private conversation; there's a rule about this for a reason.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's a joke Nabe. I'm not actually in any rush, I'm just trying to make the game a little more entertaining for myself an others.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Killer obsessed with tarot cards?

Hmm. Basil Hawkins comes to mind in my mind.

Also Le Batty why didn't you ever comment on my vote on you from earlier?
Le Bateluer, get at this please.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Every-one is focused on their present instead of on the murder! Alltho I do want to know what's in mine...

Did he really die by hanging?? Some-one should go up and look to see if he has like gunshots or stabs in him. (Sorry if this was allready mentioned, I'm still reading :p)
Wait, you didn't guess on yours yet? :glare:

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Um, I'm really confused right now! Online mafia isn't what I expected it to be... And people think I'm Nabe... .__.* I kinda would rather continue this tomorrow as it's getting late anyway...

This is still fun by the way! But maybe people should tell me how I can prove I'm not Nabe!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd like to just state btw that I'm not impressed by Soup's answers to my previous questions.

If Tako didn't need pressure Soup would be my choice.

Pimp Slap of Suspicion: Soup

Not much intention behind it. I was just conversing with sword on a question he asked and that's the gist of it. I wasn't looking for anything particular and I was laying out my mindset at that time being for him. It's changed and I believe I've explained why it has changed.
That's not at all what I was asking Soup. You completely ignored Sword's question to you, now you're ignoring me pointing that out.

I didn't want someone coming here and pretending to be amnesiac and therefore trying to deem as unreadable. Your case is different based on how you've interacted with me and how you presented your current status.

I didn't want the game to completely delve off to just talking about the mechanic and interferring with scumhunting. My feelings have changed since then but if there is something willing to say 'yeah I opened my present' then I'm going to account a read on them. Right now from Memory, You and Joker are still amnesiacs, along with JD. This completely nullifies the need to scumhunt and essentially interact this day. This is where the scales shift and I feel that finding the theme needs to come first, or having everyone committing to find our their role, and going from there. I'm not opposed to no lynching today either.

It was clear that he was not up to date and pursuing a past logic put out. I didn't feel the need to explain myself again.

@Mod request Prod on all inactive players.
If you wanted people to know their roles and the theme then why did you refuse to talk to me about how I go about figuring that out. Saying "He wasn't up to date" isn't a logical response Soup, you have to do better than this.

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Vote: Le Bateluer

Should we massclaim our guesses so people don't guess them? I heard Swords saying 'wasting' a guess... .-. Should we out if we guessed or not already?
Ranmaru I hadn't seen this! I think I've realized tho that votes aren't permanent and also aren't really malicious so early on around here? IRL when we play we mean our votes because we roleplay too! Every-one here is very serious about the game but in a different way from what I'm used to!

I am going to vote Raziek because his comment to taco about being handicapped seemed out of nowhere, as if he were doing it to make taco seem less important! And I think that could be a good tactic for a mafia person to use if the person were saying something important! I don't think I agree with what taco has been doing, but maybe I'm wrong, and I am a little confused about some terms people are using. I think Raziek could be mafia trying to shut taco down! @__@

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Have a good-night every-one! Don't let the murderer get me while I sleep! I'll try to be here more often! I didn't realize how much work this was going to be... I'm excited tho! Down with mobsters!!

Top Bottom