• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh. I still have a guess. :cool:

**** yeah. Chuckie, was I supposed to guess Tarot Card in a specific way? :confused:

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's some really good work, Chuckie!

The Hanged Man and The Magician (Le Bateleur) are Major Arcana. They are part of a suit of 22. Could it be possible that each of us has one of these trumps as our role (with our anime character possibly corresponding in some way)?

Number 6 is "The Lovers", so there are possibly lovers in this game with two players having this tarot.

With the Hanged Man as the NPC that died in this game, we can assume no player shares it.

18 slots in this game. 22 cards. Possible 4 scum with the 4 leftover cards as safe-claims? There's also the 6 presents under one tree, 12 under the other thing. These could work in unison with there being 2 indies that don't get safeclaims with 4 scum that do have safeclaims? Possibilities.

@Ran: I have absolutely no opinion of the Le Bateleur slot right now.

@Overswarm: I'm not saying that you don't make a lot of notes. I know that about you as a player. I merely doubt the substance your notes for this game could contain at this time that you would have SO MANY where looking through them to find an opinion on a slot is too much work.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Chuckie: Would you say your anime character and your tarot card are related or can be connected in some way?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm a bit occupied with homework right now, but I can confirm that the 3rd layer is indeed a Tarot Card.

Going to see if I can decipher the relation between the two for me.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I've been spending my time on this game trying to figure out the layers. I was up to the third layer prior to Chuckies post and been delving heavily on it.

What really throws me off is that my 3rd layer is actually another Hanged Man card. I don't think this layer has any significance other than to hint that the character in the 2nd layer can be linked to a tarot card.

My guess is that the 4th layer is your role itself and the 5th layer is the theme.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
its also a good idea to not out your anime character at this point if you haven't already done so

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
JTB, you should try and guess the 4th layer as your role. I'm not sure if it will go through but if that's what you suspect then it wouldn't hurt to try. My 3rd layer was also a tarot card. Should I out what card it was?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I don't have my guess anymore. My present opening ability was to trade tags with someone. If they were further ahead than me, I would open all layers up to theirs while losing my guess for that phase. I targeted Chuckie a few days ago and can confirm he was indeed 3 layers in.

I only outed my tarot card since it's the same as the OP and I don't think it has any real significance other than what I already posted. If you think that it might have some relevance to your role, then I would suggest to not out it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Made a guess at my 4th layer, no dice.

No guess left for today for me, currently attempting to solve layer 4, have my Tarot and character/anime.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Oh. I still have a guess. :cool:

**** yeah. Chuckie, was I supposed to guess Tarot Card in a specific way? :confused:
Wii just guessed Tarot Cards and it worked.

@Chuckie: Would you say your anime character and your tarot card are related or can be connected in some way?
In a sense, our character may be considered an archetype of the XXX Card, however this is going off what I've read on wikipedia mostly. As I said earlier, a lot of the Tarot Cards are quite vague and can be interpreted in many ways.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm rather lost on what to guess at this point, I got to the first layer and learned my alignment but that is all.
I guessed that the second layer would contain a picture, which got me my character/anime.

Guessed that the third layer contained a Tarot Card, which got me my Tarot, obviously.

Haven't solved 4th yet.

#HBC | ѕoup

Vote: No Lynch

I would normally never do this in any mafia game but I do not see benefit to lynch someone today, there are still people who are clueless on alignment and the mafia have not yet accquired a QT together. I'm going to assume that the Mafia, without being aligned with each other, cannot kill. This is only a guess at the most. The main reason I want to NL is because we gain nothing from scumhunting to this day and the theme/roles have become very important. We gain another chance to use our present opening strategies and I would like to get to get to that point also. I'm not sure what Tako was doing but I think he was lying about knowing the true theme. I'm not going to put it in account but I do love what Chuckie has concluded in this day.

#HBC | ѕoup

I am going to take a guess on my 4th layer right now. If people believe that they have more to say regarding what is already put out, then do so.

#HBC | ѕoup

Do explain why you disagree instead of trying to make a bold statement with a vote on me.

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
"Woh, why does every-one want me dead! I didn't kill that guy!"

I jump up and start shaking the people who voted for me!

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Le Bateleur, how much of the thread have you read?

How many layers have you opened in your present?

Be honest :chuckle:

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Also, considering your username is a Tarot Card, can you give us a run down of what you know about them? Anything that could be useful.

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
So how many of you got an itchy trigger finger and unwrapped one part of your present? Certainly I can't be the only one. I'm not concerned with the mechanic of the game at the moment as it doesn't deem as important right now.

Vote: Le Bateleur
"You didn't even explain why! YOU'RE probably mafia!" I say that pointing squarly at soup!!

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
"Every-body is voting allready! So bloodthirsty... ^__^;;" I try to talk sense into every-one. "You should get to know people before you sentence them to DEATH!! We need to investigate this crime!"

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
"Every-body is voting allready! So bloodthirsty... ^__^;;" I try to talk sense into every-one. "You should get to know people before you sentence them to DEATH!! We need to investigate this crime!"
Wii have already done plenty of detective work :chuckle:.

Curiously, would you mind reading through post #230 and giving us your thoughts?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15025318#post15025318

Take your time, wii will wait for you to catch up :b:. Wii are very interested to hear your thoughts :chuckle:

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Vote: Le Bateluer

I hope wii won the Overswarm lottery :chuckle:

I'm guessing Potassium is Kantrip?
"You voted for me too!!" I bear my teeth at you and snarl... "You're not a friend, faker!"

(Jus the game, you seem cool :bee: Is yoru avi Voldemort??)

Kantrip

Kantplay
...I don't even at all right now.

@soup: It's not about disagreeing with you. No lynch is a viable option and there's nothing wrong with your rationalization.

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
I look around the room. Is the murderer someone I love??

Vote: Ranmaru

I hate One Piece! :mad:
"I agree, but that isn't a good reason to kill someone... don't let the blood-lust CONTROL YOU" I stare you down coldly as it occurs to me... "Or are you looking to start trouble...!"

I keep my eye on Red Ryu...

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
"You voted for me too!!" I bear my teeth at you and snarl... "You're not a friend, faker!"

(Jus the game, you seem cool :bee: Is yoru avi Voldemort??)
"You call us the fakers? Surely you jest! :chuckle: Wii have been honest this whole time!" Wii respond as we point the finger of suspicion at you. "Wii believe you to be Nabe in disguise, no one is this happy go lucky in a mafia game! Do you deny this?"

(I'm... not sure. It is quite scary looking though)

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
Wii have already done plenty of detective work :chuckle:.

Curiously, would you mind reading through post #230 and giving us your thoughts?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15025318#post15025318

Take your time, wii will wait for you to catch up :b:. Wii are very interested to hear your thoughts :chuckle:
(I'll catch up, sorry!! I read slow...)

"All in good-time, Chuckie... first, do you think this murder could be about money... or is it more sinister!" I look you in the eye...

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
(I'll catch up, sorry!! I read slow...)

"All in good-time, Chuckie... first, do you think this murder could be about money... or is it more sinister!" I look you in the eye...
Money? I'm not sure that money has anything to do with it. What do you think? All wii really know is that the murderer was hung and that he was wearing his glasses and a white coat. Wii believe these clues could point to not only his own identity, but all of ours. Wii are not sure how though :glare:

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
"You call us the fakers? Surely you jest! :chuckle: Wii have been honest this whole time!" Wii respond as we point the finger of suspicion at you. "Wii believe you to be Nabe in disguise, no one is this happy go lucky in a mafia game! Do you deny this?"

(I'm... not sure. It is quite scary looking though)
(Whoa haha, epic twist! That's so meta! I knew this would be interesting! Do you like mysteries? I read a lot of Stephen King!)

"Me, Nabe?" I laugh. "I've heard of him, isn't he a mystery writer!? "

You say the part about being happy-go-lucky. "Of course not! Murder is serious and we need to get to the bottom of this gruesome crime... This isn't a novel, this is real life..."

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Wii do love mysteries :chuckle:

I've heard of Stephen King, however I don't believe I've read any of his books. Wii really need to read more :chuckle:

Do you have a favourite novel of his? Perhaps one you would suggest wii read? :b:

Top Bottom