• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Been busy doing stuff.

Chuckie said:
@Overswarmy: what do you think of Le Batuleur just on a first impression basis?
Non-existent. I can't even tell you a post they've made or what they've said or think or anything of the sort; I'd have to check my notes to see if I had anything else but I don't feel like scouring through them at the moment and honestly.... if I have to look at my notes to give you even a vague idea, they aren't concrete enough for me to post at the moment.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Man. We have 5 days to decide on a lynch and discussion is being stalled.

Where is Sneaky? Discussion is being stalled on the mechanics.

Also where is Le Batelur at? I thought he wanted to play this game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok, so now I'm thinking.

Either we:

Policy lynch, or we No lynch.

Why? Policy lynch those we don't want in Lylo. Or, we no lynch since we might not get much information out of a lynch today anyways.

I mean if we don't get a flip, why bother trying to waste a lynch today then?

Thoughts on this guys. And then hopefully we'll have figured out the setup or gotten through our layers to know our alignments.

By tommorow we should all make a list of people who know their alignment, and how (or if they don't, they should explain why they don't yet)

Thoughts on this

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mod: Please prod anyone that needs prodding, and also can you make prod range 48 ours or at least less than 72 hours?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ok, so now I'm thinking.

Either we:

Policy lynch, or we No lynch.

Why? Policy lynch those we don't want in Lylo. Or, we no lynch since we might not get much information out of a lynch today anyways.

I mean if we don't get a flip, why bother trying to waste a lynch today then?

Thoughts on this guys. And then hopefully we'll have figured out the setup or gotten through our layers to know our alignments.

By tommorow we should all make a list of people who know their alignment, and how (or if they don't, they should explain why they don't yet)

Thoughts on this
Why shouldn't we do this toDay?

There are people who have openly stated that they've made good progress on their gifts, can't they be accurately read, based on this? They should know their alignments, yes? I mean, yea D1 sucks as a general rule, but this is not a newbie game. Town can, and should, attempt an actual lynch. The policy/No Lynch thing should be plan B, not A.

In order for this to work, the game needs to get active, and quick. I mean, I know I'm one of the people who still has no alignment, but I dun want to waste D1 and later find out I'm Town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We can make a list today, sure. We can start with the list and just continue to bring it up every day until everyone knows their own alignment.

Oh ok, an actual lynch, on who, and for what? There has been no actual 'ACTIONS' because of the mechanic slowing us down.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
To be more clear, just because someone opened their present, doesn't mean they can be read by doing just that. They have to actually DO things to be read. There isn't any of those 'things' yet. You can guess why.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Well, we could lynch Tako, for one. Unless you consider that a "policy lynch". He's being pretty anti-town, and he's doing it with knowledge of his alignment.

On that note Vote: Tako

Kantrip

Kantplay
For some reason I want to say that even if scum found their alignment they would be claiming not to have found their alignment.

I want to have a town lean on everyone that has openly claimed progress on their present.

@Joker: Is this fair? If not, why?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What do you think about Le Batelur, Joker?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, it's actually the first time.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
@kantrip: It is and it isn't fair. I mean, the fact that they are sharing information is, in itself, protown. There's also the fact that most, if not all of them, have done nothing scummy to negate this. We've barely begun this game. Is it fair for you to townread them? Sure, but is it wise?

Are you saying you're leaning scum on the people who don't know, or claim to not know, their alignment?

@Ran, I literally have no opinion of him off the top of my head. Lemme go see what he has posted so far.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kantrip, I'd like for you to answer that as well.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You mean "Can you find the last time he was online"

Cuz I don't even know. :p I'll look at the last time he was tho

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ok, lol, Le Batelure literally hasn't posted since the game began. I don't really want to read anything into that, since his location says NYC and it's possible that he's without power. If he's been actively lurking, that'd be one thing, but I have no knowledge of that. Also, isn't he like, really new? Like, he's never played mafia online? I remember him saying that in the signup thread awhile back and his pregame post alludes to the same. He may just be at a loss for what to do? Especially with these mechanics.

*shrugs*

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmm, being without power can be a possibility, I didn't think of that. The hurricane passed by here to but I didn't lose power, so I wasn't thinking of that. Others may have. I was just thinking he may have been very timid. (Since there is a 3 vote RVS wagon on him)

Good point.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
/Brofist.

Alright then. WAGON HOOOOO

Vote: Taco

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Wii have waited long enough! Everyone who still has their guess for the day should go ahead and guess Tarot Cards. You'll unlock your third layer :chuckle:.

Wii will now explain, our obsessive compulsive user profile stalking has finally paid off! Before the game began, there was a group pm sent out that included Le Batueluer. Wii were curious after never seeing this player even post in dGames before. What were they doing in a game that Nabe obviously would of put a TON of work into?

This "player" joined sometime in September, made a couple vague posts in the Sign Ups thread, social thread and then was never again to be seen. Before the game thread went up (sometime around the 26th of October) this player hadn't logged in for almost a month (wii kept tabs :b:). VERY suspicious for someone who's supposedly received an invite to a private mafia game!

If you look at the OP, you'll notice there is a character called N, who says he's taking a more active role on the game! Wii speculated that this could be Nabe himself, posing as Le Batuler, somewhat akin to a HepAlien account! This is pure speculation on our part! Wii have no real evidence on this other than what's said in the OP.

Moving on, wii realised that this HAD to be a clue! Le Batuluer (or 'The Magician' in English) happens to be one of 22 major arcana tarot cards. Additionally, the sample pm/night 0 death scene included a "hanged man" which is also another Tarot Card! There was also a connection between the Hanged Man's burning strategy which connected with Tarot cards, as well as the fact that the Hanged Man literally represents sacrifice (a fitting start to a game, no?) This was more than enough info for us to confidently guess Tarot Cards on N0, which opened all the way up to our 3rd layer, which was an actual Tarot Card (wii will not reveal which one it is, at least for now). As there are 18 players and 22 cards, wii assume everyone will receive a different card.

Our plan originally was to scope out this Le Batuleur character to see how they would interact with the game, however the fact that they are yet to post leads us to believe that they are a clue themselves, and that lynching them today could be our best option (especially considering many players are without an alignment yet, and we don't know how much info we get from a flip). It may produce more clues or they may be an unlynchable non player - wii do not know! - but the connection between Le Batuleur and the 3rd layer of the present is too much evidence to be a mere coincidence.

In terms of how the theme ties in with the rest of the game, wii have had a difficult time trying to figure it out. Kat and I have run through many potential themes in our head, however none have been a perfect match. Right now wii believe the theme might be one that is related to Tarot Imagery in some way. The Tarot cards themselves are very vague and often left to interpretation, which made it difficult to make a confident guess at a particular character based on our anime clue and particular tarot card. From this, we deduced that it's more likely that the true theme is one that either connects heavily with Tarot imagery in a broad sense, or at least borrows from its characters and ideas.

Our biggest idea for a theme atm is Star Wars, which according to a lot of sources uses a lot of Tarot Archetypes throughout its movies. This link explains it pretty well:

http://www.mysteryarts.com/starwars/tarot/

For other ideas, wii read somewhere that Death Note apparently uses Tarot Imagery in some of its episodes. Kat and I know nothing about these things, nor whether it would be a theme that Nabe would use, but it might be worth looking into.

Anyway, go ahead and unlock your 3rd layer! Maybe some of this stuff will click with someone, and we'll be able to uncover the true theme sooner. Wrt Le Batueluer, wii propose not proceeding past L-2 until everyone has had sufficient time to make their guess.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LOL

I'll do that now.

I was just looking around for themes that have the initials TCP or something, since Halloween Party = Harry Potter.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Didn't even consider the title thing! Tarot Card Party?! :chuckle:

n.3 and n.4 (I'm assuming this means number 3 and number 4) could have some relevance too...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Haha I tried Party but I think 'party' is too easy. Must be something else.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm sure we just find TCP and then just see the n3n4 tacked on as a subtitle, maybe.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 1-3

10/18 to lynch.

sneakytako [5]: Overswarm, Raziek, Red Ryu, Private-Joker Brown, Ranmaru
Le Bateleur [2]: soup, Chuckie
Overswarm [2]: sneakytako, Potassium
soup [1]: Jdietz43
July [1]: J

Not voting: Circus, Sworddancer., July, Ryker, Le Bateleur, JTB, Kary

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] Circus
Overswarm > sneakytako
Ranmaru > Le Bateleur > sneakytako
Sworddancer.
July
sneakytako > Red Ryu > Overswarm > Unvote > Overswarm
J > July
Ryker
Le Bateleur
Private-Joker Brown > sneakytako
Raziek > sneakytako
Chuckie > Le Bateleur
Jdietz43 > soup
ѕoup > Le Bateleur
JTB
Kary
Potassium > soup > Overswarm
Red Ryu > Potassium > Ranmaru > sneakytako > sneakytako
[/collapse][collapse=Edit Log]
  1. Edited at 11:50 a.m. Eastern to include the votecount.
[/collapse]

Deadline is November 7th at 15:00 Eastern.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vote: Overswarm

Lying about having a bunch of notes to scour through is not pro-town.
I have notes of most games I've ever played in, primarily the large ones. I also keep moderator notes of some games to help me determine MVP at the end.

You can believe me or not but I don't really care. If Nabe lets me I can link or copy/pasta notes from an old game for proof that I do the deed itself if you want, but one way or another you've just got my word against your perception of me as a player.

Of all games that need notes though, this would be the one.

K said:
For some reason I want to say that even if scum found their alignment they would be claiming not to have found their alignment.

I want to have a town lean on everyone that has openly claimed progress on their present.

@Joker: Is this fair? If not, why?
Why would scum say they didn't find their alignment? Why wouldn't they just say "town" like in every other game? There's no disadvantage to doing so.

Good work on the Tarot Card thing Chuckie. I am thoroughly impressed.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I think I have used up my guess for today as far as I know, So I'm not sure if I can get to my third layer.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok, here is what happened for me.

I gussed Tarot Cards.

Lol.

So, I then thought about it in a not so specific way. Nothing else happened, but I still had my guess for Day 1.

So I just said "I guess that my role is town"

and I opened my present! : D Just one layer though.

Top Bottom