• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just guessed 'Tarot Cards' without saying anything else. If I'm supposed to guess that the theme is Tarot Cards, then lol. That may be why I got no where. xD

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So I've been doing some research on tarot cards and trying to find some sort of connection to anime and I think this might be a good direction:

http://clampkingdom.multiply.com/photos/album/3

It's an anime with 18 Tarot card versions of the characters.

I know absolutely nothing about this anime though, I don't really watch anime. If someone does, feel free to illuminate.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm also going to guess our Present opening strategies will clue us in on which 'personality' or card we may be.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Chuckie, please help. I want to get to my 3rd layer. :3

Also where is Sneaky?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Theme isn't Star Wars.

@OS: How do you think we should deal with Le Bateleur?

I'm 99% sure this is Nabe posing as a player. I don't believe in coincidence.

If we leave them it's possible they'll divulge hints about the true theme. However if we were to lynch them, it could possibly unlock something. Difficult to figure out how Nabe intended for this to work out.

Don't know how I feel about no lynching just yet, want to talk it over with Kat somewhat.

Also, I highly doubt Tako has actually figured out the theme. I get the feeling he could be posting from a position of more information than the rest of us (i.e. he did not want anyone to reveal hints/guesses). In addition I don't ever recall him crumbing anything to do with Bateleur (which he logically would of if he'd gotten a Tarot Card from his present, googled it and made saw the very first numbered card).

Right now though I have an exam to kill, I'll be back later tonight :b:

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Chuckie, please help. I want to get to my 3rd layer. :3

Also where is Sneaky?
Guess something like: "I guess the present contains a Tarot Card" or whatever Raz said worked for him. Nabe might be being a bit more picky with guesses, I dunno?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So I've been doing some research on tarot cards and trying to find some sort of connection to anime and I think this might be a good direction:

http://clampkingdom.multiply.com/photos/album/3

It's an anime with 18 Tarot card versions of the characters.

I know absolutely nothing about this anime though, I don't really watch anime. If someone does, feel free to illuminate.
It sort of an anime about characters from Clamp anime put in an alternate universe.

I know the Cardcaptor Sakura characters because I saw it back when it was on KidsWB.

That also had a similar Tarot theme and I kinda thought that might have been it.

idk much about the Tsubasa Chronicles for Tarot cards though. But Card Captor Sakura took a lot of theme from Tarot cards into it I believe.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmm. Can the VA be one that also voices for certain anime?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Theme isn't Star Wars.

@OS: How do you think we should deal with Le Bateleur?

I'm 99% sure this is Nabe posing as a player. I don't believe in coincidence.
There's two paths.

One, we leave him be. This is efficient in a few ways.

1) He's the mod so he has information we don't and isn't infallible. Information can and will leak out, whether he wants to or not.

2) He adds one to the lynch total. While this is disastrous in later terms if he doesn't vote, we found that this player CAN vote.... and in the early game that's better for us. If someone is lynched early on, nine times out of ten they have mafia on them because mafia want a lynch and a lynch needs more people early on. With this extra tally, that means it is more likely for mafia to be a part of this.

It's possible that it isn't Nabe but someone helping Nabe, but the effect is the same. It's a plant, and it will leak information.

More importantly this magician was put into the game for a reason. Lynching them COULD be a trigger to release something, who knows. But I'd rather not waste a lynch on someone that COULD be scum. Even if town felt that it didn't have a hard read on someone being scum that's no different than any other Day One. We have a statistical chance of lynching scum, and no lynching or lynching a mod-controlled player is a pretty obvious anti-town move. You miss all the shots you don't take, and that's one more shot we can't take.

If we leave them it's possible they'll divulge hints about the true theme. However if we were to lynch them, it could possibly unlock something. Difficult to figure out how Nabe intended for this to work out.

Don't know how I feel about no lynching just yet, want to talk it over with Kat somewhat.
Already stated above, but currently the role hasn't been harming in any way and it is doubtful Nabe didn't have some sort of plan with it. If the plan was "get the slot lynched" then chances are we'll have to lynch it, but I don't see any reason to suspect this is the best course of action other than that it is the only tool we currently have available to us.

I haven't done more than skim tonight save for this last page and will be looking over his posts in the morning.

Also, I highly doubt Tako has actually figured out the theme. I get the feeling he could be posting from a position of more information than the rest of us (i.e. he did not want anyone to reveal hints/guesses). In addition I don't ever recall him crumbing anything to do with Bateleur (which he logically would of if he'd gotten a Tarot Card from his present, googled it and made saw the very first numbered card).

Right now though I have an exam to kill, I'll be back later tonight :b:
If Tako is coming from a position of more information than the rest of us, he should be eliminated. We have mod-confirmed notes stating that mafia and independents have more information than the rest of us.

Speaking of elimination and lynches....

We have a limited resource here: guesses. I propose for all future Days that if we are about to lynch someone, we have them make a guess of town's choosing in regards to the theme so that way we don't lose a guess. If they're lying, they're lynched and we will know their alignment and just consider it something that wasn't guessed at all. If they're telling the truth, they're lynched and we will know their alignment and know whether or not something is the theme.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No worries. It's not like we'll all guess it. And I'm impatient. ;-;

At least tell us how you think you got to it. Is it because of the VA? Because I think it may be related to the Anime char layer

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
OK! Theme should within all reasonable doubt be Persona 4 Arena Mafia (or at the very least: Persona 3+4 Mafia)

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm so freaking glad I took a chance on a guess instead of being reasonable and trying to guess the next piece of info... (because there's no way I'd have guessed voice actor to be it)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Let us know if you got it right yo. If you do, I think only one more person should also guess that, just to make sure it isn't a 'individual' thing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I know haha. I just don't want a mass "My guess failed ;-;" There would be many sads to be had.

I just guessed tarot card in my present. Let's hope it gets me to layer 3.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
God damn it. ALLLLLL.

I guessed that my 4th layer contained a voice actor.

But I scratched my head and used up my guess.

;-;

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 1-4

10/18 to lynch.

sneakytako [7]: Overswarm, Raziek, Red Ryu, Private-Joker Brown, Ranmaru, Jdietz43, Chuckie
No Lynch [2]: soup, JTB
soup [1]: Potassium
Overswarm [1]: sneakytako
July [1]: J
Raziek [1]: Le Bateleur

Not voting: Circus, Sworddancer., July, Ryker, Kary

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] Circus
Overswarm > sneakytako
Ranmaru > Le Bateleur > sneakytako
Sworddancer.
July
sneakytako > Red Ryu > Overswarm > Unvote > Overswarm
J > July
Ryker
Le Bateleur > Raziek
Private-Joker Brown > sneakytako
Raziek > sneakytako
Chuckie > Le Bateleur > sneakytako
Jdietz43 > soup > sneakytako
ѕoup > Le Bateleur > No Lynch
JTB > No Lynch
Kary
Potassium > soup > Overswarm
Red Ryu > Potassium > Ranmaru > sneakytako > sneakytako
[/collapse]

Deadline is November 7th at 15:00 Eastern.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Err, I think I goofed. We have to be very specific in how we guess.

I guessed that my present would contain a voice actor, but there was no possible way that a small present could hold a VA...

Damn it all. DAMN IT ALL.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Lol, stop guessing that stuff is inside your present. The rules say your guesses can be about your gift, your role, or the theme. So far from what I've seen, people are only having success when they make role and theme related guesses, and your guesses pertaining to your present are flubbing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
;-; It's a lesson I learned the hard way. I guess role related and theme related guesses need some of your layers open so you have enough clues to guess your role/theme.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Raziek, are you familiar with Persona? If so, which characters would you expect to be mafia?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm only familiar with 3, which has major/minor characters like to each arcana. I'll do a list when I get to school.

I think Dietz is almost certainly correct based on the thread title.

If our tarot is our character, I got a very strange one, though.

:phone:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'll also note amusingly that if yours is P3 and matches your Arcana, you're Msiko, an elementary school girl caught between her parents' divorce.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Oh man, is the theme actually Persona 4 Arena? What a boss theme.

#HBC | ѕoup

If you wanted people to know their roles and the theme then why did you refuse to talk to me about how I go about figuring that out. Saying "He wasn't up to date" isn't a logical response Soup, you have to do better than this.
Different times of thought process. I've explained clearly what I want out of this day now.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It's not Persona 4 Arena, you butt.

If it is Persona, it's Persona 3, and Persona 4. Learn to appreciate your RPGs, Arena is a fighter that slightly furthers the plot of P4.

Also, I coincidentally happen to be playing through P3 and am nearly at the end of the game.

#HBC | ѕoup

Either way, it's a good theme. I want JDietz to report back if it's right because based on my own information it just fits perfectly.

Top Bottom