• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Lynch 'em anyway and we lose nothing more than we would if we didn't have the policy in the first place.

I didn't even know Persona was an RPG series.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm mostly interested in P4 characters right now raz, so hit me up with whatever information you might have

:phone:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Persona 3 Arcana List (Pics are straight off the wiki)

Fool - SEES (Collective Group that refers to the main characters). Notably, the Default Arcana of the Main Protagonist.

Magician - Kenji Tomochika - Weird kid who has a thing for cougars. Haven't really progressed this social link at all because he weird me out.

Priestess - Fuuka Yamagishi - Main support character for the party, doesn't participate in battle. Her Persona is Lucia at the beginning, then Juno. Functions largely as an Oracle, is someone I might expect in a Doctor role.

Empress - Mitsuru Kirijo - Another main character, leads a very secluded life before opening up to the other members of the group as the story progresses. Rather cold and aloof, initially.

Emperor - Hidetoshi Odagiri - Relatively minor character, student council president. Initially power-hungry, but as the protag builds their friendship he realizes his error and starts working to build trust.

Hierophant - Bunkichi and Mitsuko - Old Couple that run the bookstore. Mourning the death of their son. Haven't quite maxed this one yet, so not sure how the relationship pans out.

Lovers - Yukari Takeba - Main character. Functions as your primary healer for the majority of the game, another character I could see in a Protective Role.

Chariot - Kazushi Miyamoto - Relatively minor, sports team companion who has leg trouble he tries to overcome because he promised his.... brother he'd win a national. Been a while since I maxed it.

Justice - Chihiro Fushimi - Student council treasurer, romance option for male MC. Relatively minor character.

Hermit - Maya/Isako Torumi - Player of an online game whom you later find out is a teacher at your school.

Fortune - Keisuke Hiraga - Art/Music/Photography club leader who struggles with an internal conflict between following in his father's footsteps as a Doctor, or pursuing that club passion. Eventually settles on Doctor. Expectation should be obvious.

Strength - Yuko Nishiwaki - Sports Team Assistant Manager. Romance option for protag. Relatively minor.

Hanged - Maiko Oohashi - Elementary Schooler caught up in parent's divorce. Minor character.

Ran out of time for the moment, check this **** for more. Note that the links vary for female protag.

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Social_Link

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Yeah. The flavor is Persona 3 FES. I just figured out what the anime character entitles at it's importance.

#HBC | ѕoup

100% Confident at this point and I'm going to guess my role too.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm just trying to think of the importance behind N and how it relates to everything now.

#HBC | ѕoup

It might be both Persona 3 and 4 (due to the twin Christmas parties) but I don't feel it's the case. Think about your arcana and your anime character. Look up that character's voice actor. I don't think anyone has outed their arcana yet but after you read this do not out it in any circumstance. The anime is not as important as I thought it would be.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Soup's right.

100% sure who my character is now, just have to wait until tonight to guess. It doesn't match my Arcana though, which surprises me.

#HBC | ѕoup

I just received my real role. The flavor is Persona 3 FES.

Le Bateleur

Smash Rookie
It's not Persona 4 Arena, you butt.

If it is Persona, it's Persona 3, and Persona 4. Learn to appreciate your RPGs, Arena is a fighter that slightly furthers the plot of P4.

Also, I coincidentally happen to be playing through P3 and am nearly at the end of the game.

I'm watching the anime right now, it's good! You don't have to be rude though...

#HBC | ѕoup

I haven't got a true confirmation of it but I would follow this. I finished all of my layers and got to my real role doing this.

#HBC | ѕoup

I guessed both the theme and my role. He did not confirm or deny if I was right on the flavor. It is Persona at the least. I feel Persona 3&4 could make a ton of sense regarding some instances but comparative to my role and my arcana, it would be a tad contradicting. I say because this there would have to be two different roles for the same arcana, and it wouldn't match the hint I got on my fourth layer and the result of guessing correctly based on that fourth layer.

#HBC | ѕoup

When the true theme has been discovered by all living players, I will announce the true theme publicly.
Okay, nevermind. Go ahead and guess Persona 3 FES, and follow what I did if you are on your at least your 2nd or third layer. I've got such dyslexia today too. :I

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Either way, it's a good theme. I want JDietz to report back if it's right because based on my own information it just fits perfectly.
It's correct. I got through my entire present by guessing that it was Persona 3+4 mafia.

Other things of note: there are Persona 4 characters, mine is. Your tarot seems to correspond to your character and your voice actor as well (though they may have voiced many characters). I'd be stingy about outing those particular pieces of personal information if you haven't already as it gives people a decent clue as to what your role is based on which character you got. Given each tarot will have been used for both 3 and 4, but there's not a good reason to just give people a 50/50 guess to it at this point in time.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, nevermind. Go ahead and guess Persona 3 FES, and follow what I did if you are on your at least your 2nd or third layer. I've got such dyslexia today too. :I
I'd be more careful than that since it's not actually just Persona 3 FES.

Guess "Persona Mafia", or "Persona 3+4 Mafia" if you want to be specific. Nabe is a stingy character with guesses: especially when he knows you got the info from the thread and not your head.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wait, do I need to unwrap a layer first? Also, I'm going to fly solo and will be more involved after today.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Tried to match our anime with our arcana but there just isn't a perfect fit. I guess wii will try to guess the theme tonight.

Dead at Ranmaru guessing there was a voice actor in his present :chuckle:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Just making sure I've got this all right.

Layer 1: Alignment
Layer 2: Anime character
Layer 3: Tarot Card
Layer 4: Voice Actor
Layer 5: Role and Character from Persona 3 and/or 4

And the voice actor of the anime character will be the one in layer 4, which is also the actor for your true role. The role will coincide with the Tarot Card as well?

So if I found a common voice actor between my anime character and a character from Persona 3/4 I can guess that character as my role?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
@Potassium: Yes that should be correct. However I wouldn't suggest guessing "My present contains a voice actor" :cool::chuckle:

@Rajam: Can you confirm if you've unlocked your entire present or how much progress Tako made? You don't need to out specifics.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Hello guys; I'm replacing sneakytako; I'm reading the rules now and the thread as well. Just a quick question: Does anyone here know who Le Bateleur is? Just want to eliminate the possibility of a new "HepAlien" or something like that like in SuperHeroes Mafia lol; want to confirm he is a real person :awesome:

Rajam

Smash Champion
@Potassium: Yes that should be correct. However I wouldn't suggest guessing "My present contains a voice actor" :cool::chuckle:

@Rajam: Can you confirm if you've unlocked your entire present or how much progress Tako made? You don't need to out specifics.
So far the only thing I know is my alignment (town of course)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hello guys; I'm replacing sneakytako; I'm reading the rules now and the thread as well. Just a quick question: Does anyone here know who Le Bateleur is? Just want to eliminate the possibility of a new "HepAlien" or something like that like in SuperHeroes Mafia lol; want to confirm he is a real person :awesome:
If he is, he's masking his IP address from his real account or mods like myself would have seen it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't need to, it's public knowledge that we have a plug in that lets us catch people of the same ip address matching on multiple accounts. It's how we see alts of people who don't change their IP address/banned accounts.

It's pretty much when people discussed doing another hepalien, mods pretty much told people here that wouldn't work again unless they somehow masked it.

Rajam

Smash Champion
How'd you do it? I tried to guess the theme and afaik nothing happened to my actual present.
I'm guessing you don't know your alignment yet? (or at least by the moment when you made that post); could you try guessing it toDay?

Also, question: Is everyone already aware of his own alignment?

Rajam

Smash Champion
And the people who don't know their aligments... can they send a guess of it now? I see it as rather pointless to interact (aka pressure) with people who don't even know what their wincon is

#HBC | ѕoup

Everyone should send in their theme guess as Persona 3+4 Mafia. That should get you your real role.

If you're on your 2nd or third layer, then follow what I already said before.

#HBC | ѕoup

Actually nevermind.

If you haven't sent in your theme guess, do what I said above.
If you can still guess at your present, then guess your 3rd layer to be a tarot card, that should skip you into your 1st and 2nd layer. I was allowed to go to my final layer by correctly guessing on it.

Rajam

Smash Champion
welp tako sent a guess that the theme was Jump Manga, and was incorrect, and that guess was the 2nd one (after correctly guessing I'm town), so now my Day 1 guess is spent according to what I understand from the notification I received. Just want to let you know I can't submit more guesses for the moment (if I'm understanding the rules correctly).

Back to reading

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup's guide to getting your real role 2nd edition

The present system is a 5-step process to obtain your real role. The system is as follows:
Layer 1: Alignment.
Layer 2: Anime character
Layer 3: Tarot Card
Layer 4: Voice Actor
Layer 5: Real role.

You can easily skip to layer 3 by following these steps. If you are successful then you should be able to get to your real role as long as you keep guessing correctly, you should be able to get to your real role very easily by following this cool guide I made. You can skip everything after step one if you still have your theme guess.

Step One:
If you have a guess on the theme, Guess Persona 3 +4 Mafia. That should get you your real role.

a. If you do NOT have your guess, proceed to the following steps. I can't help you any further if you used up your present guess at this point.

Step Two:
If you have a guess on your present layer, go ahead and guess that your third layer will be a tarot card. It doesn't need to be specific.

Step Three:
Nabe should confirm your guess to be correct. Follow your arcana and recite to your second layer. Look up that Anime character's voice actor. Try and find a character from Persona 3 + 4 that corresponds to both. Once you do that, proceed to step four.

Step Four:
PM Nabe again with the information you gained from Step Three. He should send you your real role and you will be able to skip through the Fourth Layer.

Step Five:
Enjoy your real role. No refunds!!!

#HBC | ѕoup

Could I get a quick check on everyone and what layer they are currently on, along with their guesses?

Top Bottom