• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ran, what caused your role to change? Why'd you go from scanner to confused scanner? I'm also guessing by those names, that you changed from being a guy to a girl? What's the deal, there?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Mod: Nabe I'm sorry but I think you should replace me. It's either that or I have to go on an extended V/LA for a Thanksgiving trip, and considering how much has just happened in the double night phases I don't like the idea of having to catch up with even more days. (plus the thrill of this game was figuring out the theme, I've found my focus waxing as soon as I figured it out)

Request Replacement

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No I meant if you think a strongman in the game could be scum?

I got your other answer.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also PBJ I have no idea why my role changed. I had a role modifier saying that my role may change if there are certain prerequisites are met. That must be why.

Makes sense because it's my character still trying to figure out who she really is. And I was always a female.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Even if you knew for sure that you weren't roleblocked, why would me surviving your shot be info worth claiming over? That's not telling of alignment at all, as you still can't say for sure I didn't get Doc'd, as unlikely as it may seem. Your whole case was such a freaking reach. What were you honestly trying to accomplish?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Even if you knew for sure that you weren't roleblocked, why would me surviving your shot be info worth claiming over? That's not telling of alignment at all, as you still can't say for sure I didn't get Doc'd, as unlikely as it may seem. Your whole case was such a freaking reach. What were you honestly trying to accomplish?
Why are you alive if so many people listed you as a scum pick? No one was going to Doc you. Two protectives flipped and I was a back-up for them as well. There is no way there are four protectives in the game, that hurts scum a lot.

Only way I see you living my shot if it wasn't roleblocked is scum with a BP or scum doctor. Commuter or that untargetable role that shows up that OS made up, but with my role and a jailer + Poison doctor already flip.

It's not a reach it's that four protective is a lot for town to have, I seriously doubt there would be four of them.

I think your scum if I wasn't roleblocked.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
There's a poisoner out there somewhere, as evidenced by the existence of Poison Doctor role. I doubt the poison doctors, and the regular doctors/jailers can protect people from the same kills. If we assume the mafia has the poison (unless that chemistvig thing you were talking about is poison?) That means there are protectives that only save you from mafia, and some that only save you from the indy/vig.

So there wouldn't be a ton of active protectives saving everyone left and right. Each protective role can only save someone from one specific NK, not just any ol NK. It's actually not that unreasonable, considering that half of them are backups.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think there is good chance I saved OS from a poison kill based on how no kill happened from that, but that is speculation I suppose.

July

Smash Apprentice
PBJ I shot you last night and you lived explain.

:phone:
I don't see why this provoked you to vote PBJ at the beginning of the Day or to out your role. In fact, you immediately voted and claimed rather than thinking about possibilities such as being roleblocked, which I don't like.

Oh no, there is no third protective that was me n1 and n2, and I don't believe for a second a townie used their doc on you.

I'm Shu Nakajima, town genius.

Whoever gets lynched I turn into a one night back up for them or in N2s case whoever dies first.

N1 I found out I was a doctor and protected OS.
If this is the case shouldn't you have become town jailer N1?

How did you end up getting a doctor role N1 when no doctor had flipped at that point and the only person who had died by any means at that point was Rajam?

N2 I turned into the poison protection doctor, it removes poison or stops it from targeting the player, that was what I was told.

N3 happened and I turned into a chemist vig and shot you.

I back up protectives so I seriously doubt there is a fourth one.
What exactly is a chemist vig?

I'm damn sure Nabe tells people when they are token locked bass on Halloween mafia.

So why are you alive?

I don't think he did, I was jailer in that game and if I jailed someone who another player tried to perform an action in which they would normally receive a result (such as cop, tracker) on they received an "action failed" result but if they normally don't receive a result in the form of a pm they didn't find out their action was blocked or prevented.

Your entire story and description of your role doesn't line up for me RR, and your thought process in claiming and accusing PBJ because he didn't die doesn't make particular sense to me either.

I don't like that Ran also claimed out of nowhere, but I believe his claim.

Vote: Red Ruy

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I felt that I should have. Better I come out now than later, since i'm an investigative role. I felt this setup would need me to do so.

I also want your thoughts on a strongman being scum or not. Go.

July

Smash Apprentice
I've never interacted with a strongman before, at least not that I can remember. I think that with the information I've just gained from mafiascum about the role and the fact that town seems heavy on protective roles, strongman is scum here.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 4-1

6/11 to lynch.

Red Ryu [
]: July
Overswarm [
]: Ranmaru

Not voting [
]: Circus, Overswarm, Sworddancer., J, PrivateJoker-Brown, Jdietz43, JTB, Kary, Red Ryu

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] Circus
Overswarm
Ranmaru > Overswarm
Sworddancer.
July > Red Ryu
J
PrivateJoker-Brown
Jdietz43
JTB
Kary
Red Ryu > PJB > Unvote
[/collapse]

Deadline is November 28th at 4:00 p.m. Eastern.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Oh no, there is no third protective that was me n1 and n2, and I don't believe for a second a townie used their doc on you.

I'm Shu Nakajima, town genius.

Whoever gets lynched I turn into a one night back up for them or in N2s case whoever dies first.

N1 I found out I was a doctor and protected OS.

This is why I questioned if Chuckie was actually trolling or not when they looked serious about it.

N2 I turned into the poison protection doctor, it removes poison or stops it from targeting the player, that was what I was told.

N3 happened and I turned into a chemist vig and shot you.

I back up protectives so I seriously doubt there is a fourth one.

I'm damn sure Nabe tells people when they are token locked bass on Halloween mafia.

So why are you alive?

@Bolded: Can you please explain what the difference is between a chemist vig and a regular vig? What was your ability Night 2? Be specific.

I was

Rise Kujikawa, Town Scanner Cop.

I then became Risette, Town Confused Scanner cop.

Originally, I was able to check any one during the day, and find something related with their character.

The change, was that I then thought at night. So every night I am thinking, and if I am interrupted, I will be told I was during the start of the day.

I get my results in twilight.
I'm confused. You get to scan someone in particular? Who have you targeted so far? What were your results?

I think there is good chance I saved OS from a poison kill based on how no kill happened from that, but that is speculation I suppose.
What makes you think that someone tried to poison OS last Night?

Hey guys, sorry for absence, but you kinda quick lynched on me and didn't give me a chance to finish catching up Day 2. =p I'll try to get a read list up shortly, but it's thanksgiving Day so I may be leaving unexpectedly for family events. /Johns

#HBC | Dancer

Ok then.

Vote: OS
Why the vote? YesturDay, you were completely inactive besides from one "RVS" vote. Unless I missed it, you haven't laid any suspicion on OS up until this point in the game. So where is this coming from?

myself said:
? What was your ability Night 2?
Should be Night 3, not Night 2. My mistake.

@Anyone: Who here has experience with Circus scum? How good of a scum player is he?

#HBC | Dancer

Circus
Overswarm
Ranmaru
Sworddancer.
July
sneakytako Rajam
J
Ryker BRB, Not Posting. (Ryker/Gova)
Le Bateleur
Private-Joker Brown
Raziek
Chuckie (Kataefi/vanderzant)
Jdietz43
ѕoup
JTB
Kary

I'm going to be going through the playerlist one player at a time, one post at a time.

Circus:

I still don't like Circus's Day 1 play. I found it to be very generic. Coming into the Day, complaining about how he can't scumhunt, how people needed to open their presents first, and then leaving for the rest of the Day until the point where he put Rajam at L_1 was a very easy thing to do. The only saving grace for him is the fact that scum would probably try to avoid just appearances.

His Day 2 was slightly better. I felt like Circus has a tendency to look at things in a generic way.

Circus said:
Hoo, boy, you are flailing.

"What are you talking about? We're just like that townie that died! Our situation is exactly like Sneaky's situation!"

Like hell it is. Sneaky played poorly and lied about having more information than he actually had. You, on the other hand, demonstrably seem to have more information than you should. Comparing yourself to Sneaky's slot is impossible.
Generic. flailing =/= scummy, and a lot of people (including J, who came off very townie yesterDay, but we'll get to him later) made this bad point.
Circus said:
If Chuckie doesn't flip Inquisitor, then I think the real one is likely amongst the players who decided to avoid the Chuckie wagon altogether. Admittedly, that wagon went way too fast and, even more than the D1 wagon, I'm sure there was scum supporting this one. However, the Inquisitor, if it isn't Chuckie, would have known it wasn't Chuckie and therefor would have found following OS' case against Chuckie, as convincing as it was, pretty dangerous.

Fortunately, Nabe keeps a handy dandy vote log for each Day.
Generic. Assuming scum would be the ones who try to avoid the wagon doesn't really delve into each individual player, and only serves as a way to easily blanket players together.

Also Circus generally was pretty stubbornly stuck in his read on Chuckie. I felt like he never really addressed the point that Chuckie made about how it wouldn't of made any sense for him to connect himself to Le so early.

Not necessarily scummy, just lazy thinking.

Other things:
Whoa. Can't say I'm too upset about this because I definitely wanted Chuckie gone, but I didn't think he'd get hammered so soon. The good news is, we probably caught Ryker scum. I have a hard time believing he really just didn't notice that Chuckie was at L-1. You typically doublecheck that **** to make sure you don't do exactly what Ryker just did.

I did want Chuckie to answer me about JTB. Chuckie, if you are town, get at me about that (although the question matters more if you're the Inquisitor, so since you've already been hammered, this is kind of a wash).

I'm still kind of expecting you to flip Inquisitor when Nabe posts the flavor.
Fishy for the same reasons J posted. Also, line in bold felt somewhat forced.

My read on Swords has been strongly town since D2 started. However, I'm hesitant to pour too much weight into that read, as Swords, specifically, has duped me as Indy before (see: Liar Game). The best I'm willing to go on him at this point is "almost surely not mafia." If we find the Inq elsewhere, then I'm pretty much willing to give him a pass.
badabosh. Guess I'm town then.

Actually am pretty okay with this point just because I would like people to not be so quick to label me as town. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I've only made one good post in the game so far. I can do that as indie. Definitely.

Circus said:
I've actually never understood that argument against me. There have actually been multiple games in which someone (often J, I think) has used "you're being too aggressive" or something along the same lines as reason to be suspicious of me. Couple things:

1. I actually think I do tend to be an aggressive player. At least, if I feel like I'm on the right track about something.
2. I would think the fact that I've been accused of this multiple times would eventually defeat the accusation itself. "You're being aggressive; that's so unlike you! Well, except for that one time. And that other time. And that other other time."

If you don't like my demeanor, that's fine. But it would be a waste of my time to entertain everyone who thinks that's a good reason to go at me by arguing it or what it means. At a certain point, it just starts looking like FUD.
I actually really like this post because it feels very genuine, like Soup would later say. Brutally honest without any scum mindset detectable.

Scummy Day 1, and anti-town Day 2. Town lean right now because I'm having a hard time picking up the scum intent, and his response to Soup was purely townie.

#HBC | Dancer

Circus
Overswarm
Ranmaru
Sworddancer.
July
sneakytako Rajam
J
Le Bateleur
Private-Joker Brown
Raziek
Jdietz43
ѕoup
JTB
Kary

I will get to OS later. I have a bit to say about him and I just to get to others first the will be easier to address.

July

Smash Apprentice
@RR: I'm not being stupid, but you need to address the questions asked of you and clarify how your role works because right now it doesn't all fit together for me.

#HBC | Dancer

Circus
Overswarm
Ranmaru
Sworddancer.
July
sneakytako Rajam
J
Le Bateleur
Private-Joker Brown
Raziek
Jdietz43
ѕoup
JTB
Kary

Ran, Soup has brought up a very good point about you Twilight 2. You're content this game has been kinda lacking right now (trying to be objective about to recent role claim btw), you're Day 2 opening post was weak and seemed a bit forced, and now your OS vote which has came out of nowhere. You're Day 1 play was okay, generally relaxed, which I like in my townies. However, you haven't quite showed me in an interest in catching scum, which worries me. Forgive me for using meta, but I'm used to you jumping in hard on players, rather or not you were right or wrong. The one time I've seen you as scum was in our 3 man game, and there you were very inactive, despite being active in other games. Am I wrong to be worried about this? What happened to the old Ran that I know?

@July: Has Ran been busy lately? Just want an objective source on this.

July

Smash Apprentice
@Swords: Tbh I don't know.

I do think your analysis of his meta is mostly correct, except that he's usually a bit less active and into the game when he's a pr because he prefers to be vt.

#HBC | Dancer

Prefers to be a vt over a pr? Weirdness.

July what's your read on Ran?

Circus
Overswarm
Ranmaru
Sworddancer.
July

J
Private-Joker Brown
Jdietz43
JTB
Kary

Deleted dead players out of the pool.

Sworddancer: Me.

July:

Need to see more from her. Overall this is really all I have from her at the moment:

This makes sense, not only with the 12/6 present distribution but if that really is the case then it's a set-up very similar to the first Nabe Halloween game.

I can understand that and see the logic in this, especially when Chuckie laid out all those points about La Bateleur yesterDay, but what I don't understand is why Chuckie would do that if he's the inquisitor. If their linked he threw his partner thing to the wolves and presented a lot of information on him that seemed pretty highly focused on getting him killed or revealed as Nabe or something along those lines.

Good point.

I'm skimming through a lot of the evidence, a lot of it is speculative/kinda paranoid but I can see where the paranoia is coming from and how the pieces fit together in this theory of what's happened, even if I don't believe it is wholesale. I do think that (having already read what happened toDay and I know that Chuckie was quicklynched ;-;) that lynch did seem inevitable especially with this much speculation, evidence, and suspicion presented around the slot.

I also noticed the "from a friend" comment and found it strange, so I'd agree to keeping an eye on him.

Not agreeing with this though; I like Soup so far, he's been one of the most active players and I didn't see him advocating a No Lynch or being terrified of outing the true game. I saw him more as thinking before acting and trying to find the best approach to the Day rather than a knee jerk reaction.

:-/ I recognize that OS had a hella long wall and that there are some convincing points, but at least state what you agree with or add something to the conversation. My feelings of dislike for Raziek are only being reinforced toDay.

I like this, I think this was a really important attempt to get the Chuckie wagon to talk and identify itself and what it's reasoning was. Some was clear while others was not and is not and needs to be looked at toMorrow.

I really, really like this post because I think it digs into a lot of the same things I'm feeling reading what's gone down toDay. I liked Chuckie yesterDay but many of the points which OS raised are valid.

However, what I particularly like about this is that Swords is one of the few people (Soup being another) who actually looked outside of Chuckie for toDay at who else is suspicious and why. I agree with Raziek being suspicious and I generally find his play this game knee-jerky and sparse of any information or analysis which actually indicates that he is scumhunting or gives even half a **** about scumhunting this game.

Circus I'm a little less sure of, I tend to read him as town but I like Swords points on him and I think Swords is really taking initiative to scumhunt here so I definitely think he should be looked at toMorrow. And RR:

Is in a very similar boat to Raziek.

I see a little bit of explanation (which is mostly regurgitation of old information) here, but I also don't see a really strong commitment or belief to the Chuckie wagon. The last line is a very resigned, "I don't see a reason to move my vote", which clearly doesn't show much passion or belief in the actual legitimacy of the Chuckie wagon and he doesn't seem concerned with pushing it, talking about it and getting information from Chuckie or anything.

Main lead from yesterDay I'd like to follow up on Raziek. And no I don't think we should throw everything from yesterDay out the window, a lot of it isn't useful honestly but some of us could be helpful in looking at connections, attitudes, scumhunting, etc.

This was my main problem with buying 100% into OS' suggestion, but then OS posted this

And I remember that moment when La B called Chuckie "Kataefi" and that makes a lot of sense. This is why I understand the Chuckie wagon and probably would have ended up on it if it had, you know, actually been a legit wagon and not got hijacked and resulted in a ql. So while there are certain people like Raziek, RR, and Ryker who need to be looked at for their hella suspicious jumps on the wagon, I do think other people genuinely had reason to get on the wagon.

Thank you :)

And I agree that Ryker is someone to be looked at toMorrow, regardless of the flip.

Scum leans/suspicions I'd like to look into toMorrow: Raziek, RR, Ryker, JDeitz (to a lesser extent), Circus (to a lesser extent)
I'm a bit paranoid about July's need to state what "she would have done" wrt Chuckie wagon and paint herself in a negative light.

And I remember that moment when La B called Chuckie "Kataefi" and that makes a lot of sense. This is why I understand the Chuckie wagon and probably would have ended up on it if it had, you know, actually been a legit wagon and not got hijacked and resulted in a ql. So while there are certain people like Raziek, RR, and Ryker who need to be looked at for their hella suspicious jumps on the wagon, I do think other people genuinely had reason to get on the wagon.
Admitting that you would probably be on a wagon that looked like it was probably a mislynch at that point is a weird thing to be admitting to. It kinda makes me think of a thought process along the line of ("Hey I'm scum so I'm going to be saying something that scum would never say!") *Ahem* "I would have honestly joined this mislynch guys!"

The bolded is kind of an empty thing to say.

@July: What people do you think genuinely joined the Chuckie wagon?

Otherwise am fine with the post. Analytical (which I expect out of July) with reads that I agree with (even if the Raz read would later be proven wrong).

Slight slight slioght town lean.

#HBC | Dancer

Circus
Overswarm
Ranmaru
Sworddancer.
July
J
Private-Joker Brown
Jdietz43
JTB
Kary

I'm leaving for thanksgiving dinner pretty soon, so I'm going to finish up with J real quick.

Agree with pretty much everyone so far that J is town. Lots of real honest scumhunting from him yesterDay. Positive intent from his part was shown. I just wish that he wouldn't be so stubborn with his reads ( I thought Soup's Twilight play Day 2 was pretty damn townie, but J dismissed it as him trying to get on his good side. *tsk*). He's been wrong about most things so far, san Ryker's slot, but eh, natural ignorance that townie's should have. No big deal. As long as he's trying (which he was, and I hope he keeps up) I'm okay with his slot.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll be getting to this over the course of today and tomorrow.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
July
Ranmaru
PrivateJoker-Brown
JTB
Kary
Red Ryu

I need solid reads from these players. Opinions on J, OverSwarm, Circus, and Sworddancer would do nicely.

RR, please go in-depth with your night action selections.

Ranmaru, do the same.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
My opinion on OS so far is that he was definitely hunting for the Indy on D2, but I also feel that he was being hasty in pin pointing Chuckie mostly on the premise that Chuckie did not have any good reasons to be making himself that vulnerable if he was the Inquisitor, so he is somewhat suspicious.

I also don't like that he was trying to use Soup's No Lynch vote on D1 against him primarily because Mafia are confirmed to be Amnesiacs, so basically everyone except maybe the independents would be playing to their town meta on D1 anyway. *headscratch*

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Bardull, could you clarify your read on OS? You seem to dislike him but is it scummy or towny?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
J - town. I don't think you're gonna hear any opinions that differ greatly on this point. J has played about as townie as anyone could in this game. Came into the game a bit late, but came in strong. He's pushing people without trying to lynch them first. Scum would probably try to hurry up and quicklynch.

Overswarm - town. He kind of took over the game when he showed up. Admittedly, the directions he's taken us hasn't landed us scum yet, but I really can't find anti-town intent from what he's done. His logic has been sound, even if it hasn't been right. He seems like a valuable asset to town.

Circus - mostly null. If I had to lean one way or the other, I guess I'd lean scummy. I don't really know if this is a playstyle thing, or if he's maybe just busy. He just seems to pop in every once in awhile to make sure we know he's not dead, but he doesn't come off as super townie. He seemed like a much stronger town presence in the Mass Effect game, but that was with a hydra. Kind of a question mark, for me. Hopefully he steps it up.

Sworddancer - null/town. He's kind of the opposite of circus in my mind. He's been pretty inactive, and I have no meta on him to fill in the blanks. His occasional peeks into the thread have felt contributory to town. I'm still keeping an eye on him, cuz making a couple good posts is easy to do to appear townie. Overall though, I do like his posts, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of them.

I may do more of these tomorrow, but these are the ones Bardull asked for.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Bardull, could you clarify your read on OS? You seem to dislike him but is it scummy or towny?
I'm leaning more scum than townie. The lean is slight though and not fullproof as OS was definitely trying to hunt Indy as I said before. There are just some things here and there that are bugging me in his lapses in logic and it would not surprise me if he was a "2nd generation L" at this point in time.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm leaning more scum than townie. The lean is slight though and not fullproof as OS was definitely trying to hunt Indy as I said before. There are just some things here and there that are bugging me in his lapses in logic and it would not surprise me if he was a "2nd generation L" at this point in time.
Why would you give OS town points based on indy hunting alone? If he was mafia, wouldn't he still want to catch the indy? I think OS is town, but indy hunting isn't a good reason to lean that way. What makes you think he's scum?

Top Bottom