• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Well, there is a degree of ingenuity in his search, which is townie. But there are parts of me that feel he was too hasty to come to a decision and to push it as hard as he did. For example, I feel that a puppeteer would keep his hands as far away from the marionette as his strings would let him...Chuckie would have to have been too bold to play the way he played as Inquisitor.

I also did not like that OS was pushing against a lot of slots that have flipped Town thus far, or are Town as we speak (he voiced suspicion against me and Soup for instance.)

So, in short, hastily jumping at IndyChuckie while pushing against other town slots on D2 make me suspect him the most right now.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm leaning more scum than townie. The lean is slight though and not fullproof as OS was definitely trying to hunt Indy as I said before.
So, in short, hastily jumping at IndyChuckie while pushing against other town slots on D2 make me suspect him the most right now.
What changed from him being a slight lean that isn't fullproof to you suspecting him the most out of anyone?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
The reason why I asked for players to out solid reads is because each of those slots has very few posts that involve putting themselves out there. Since Circus/J/Sword/OS have been pretty talkative with stances and stuff, I feel they are the best choices for the rather null/less talkative players to give reads on.

So that should explain to you why OS is my prime suspect even though he's slight scum and not solid scum.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Caught up. So far July's got the best post of the Day so far with 933. Ryu's got me scratching my head for a number of reasons, largest of which are the holes in his Night Action claims. It seems like a half-baked fake claim. He didn't get any details on how his role is supposed to work, but he eventually figured out that he inherits the ability of the last lynched player even though he apparently didn't gain the ability of D1's lynched player...it doesn't make much sense. And it requires Red Ryu to know nothing other than already flipped roles to keep up the ruse.

And when July brought up these points in her 933, Ryu's whole response to that was "don't be stupid."

And he gave up his gambit on PJB pretty much immediately after going at it like a gorilla. I think maybe he didn't think this out very well.

Ran's role confuses me too. I'm really not sure how it works, because at first it seemed like he wasn't really able to target specific players, but then voted for OS without explaining why.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
What's your overall read on RR right now Circus?

@PBJ, Kary, Ran, and Bardull, can you all give reads on each other for me?

Vote: Ran

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
As brief as D1 and D2 were, I owe them a reread that I'm just not up to doing right now. Based purely on his gaffe toDay, I lean scum. Not having your role down is typically not a town problem.

#HBC | Dancer

Wait wait wait. Ran vote in derpy considering his claim. It's hard for me to wrap my head around Ran claiming so early as either town or scum. For the time being I just want him to clarify some things.

unvote

#HBC | Dancer

As brief as D1 and D2 were, I owe them a reread that I'm just not up to doing right now. Based purely on his gaffe toDay, I lean scum. Not having your role down is typically not a town problem.
RR hasn't done anything. That's kinda the whole reason people don't like him. Did you forget this?

#HBC | Dancer

Actually, OS, I'll like your opinion on these players as well.

Browser just ate another "reads" post. Annoying. =/

#HBC | Dancer

Okay actually instead of trying to post my reads in an organized manner, I'm going to just adopt a steam-of-conscious technique that Soup was using. OS and his "neatness" be damned. I don't want to force myself to go over a slot I really don't have that much interest in.

hi guys

wants to lynch all liars
claims to know the theme
> gambit/lying?

scum

town

town

hmm someone tell me whether this reads as a town gambit or as scum, i don't know tako

:facepalm:

Wish people would stop putting out WIFOM like this.

On an interesting and related note, mafia may be unable to use their night kills until they've unlocked some portion of their role, and so not eplxaining the theme could be construed as pro-town. This is moot now as I understand the theme has come out, but might be interesting when you ask players their motivations for wanting to unlock everything (though I can see a few players just wanting to open the present as fast as possible)

town

town

except I can kinda believe that some people might actually not know their alignments. So I guess I'm going to have to come back toMorrow and do this again.

well now. I guess you're happy with just outing everything then.

town

kinda agreed with this up until the theme came out

This reads as faked to me. I mean seriously who types 'Every-body' for starters. Apologies if you are a real person.

what do you make of me, then?

still think this?

why do I think that you're Chuckie, specifically, Kata? Are there any other hydras in this game? Has anyone seen Chuckie/Vanz for a while? Hmm mm hmmm

if LeBat is someone else on this playerlist, who is it?

did I say you were town? I think you're town.

Ok so I'm going to send Nabe a guess, and with any luck i'll be back within a couple days (still V/LA)

just going to throw out a prospective scumlist because i'm not sure how seriously I can read things just yet: Chuckie/ditzy/JTB, one of July/J, Rajam

pretty confident in my townreads but have to check that isn't just legitimately them not knowing their alignments.
Weird catch up for scum to be making. However it's also an incredibly shallow catch up, which isn't what I expect out of you. You never truly took a stance on Rajam, which I find worrisome. You put him as a scum lean, but why? This is especially worrisome considering that you later go on to vote Rajam.

I'm rushed, and there's nothing that screams out at me as particularly interesting. Some players may not even know their alignments, ya know?

Though by saying it always bothers you, is kinda admitting it's not actually a tell one way or the other. If you want me to say backup why i'm townreading you, i'm going to have to go back and ISO you and figure out what gave me the gutread. That's just how I always play, my priority is getting good reads > being able to explain them

aaand i'm out of internet. we should probably no lynch today, idk.

Vote: Rajam

will leave the decision up to someone who's likely to be around. Just make sure that's not OS :p
Why the Rajam vote? Wasn't he just a scum lean? What happened to your reads on Chuckie Jdiatz and JTB?

In matter of fact, you really haven't talked about any of these slots (with the exception of Chuckie) at all any time afterwards.

About to leave (more family events) so this might be my last post for awhile.

#HBC | Dancer

I already have an idea. We have two protectives flipped, and 1 vigilante flipped, while Red Ryu claims vig.

RR, are you a strong man? Yes or no.
I was

Rise Kujikawa, Town Scanner Cop.

I then became Risette, Town Confused Scanner cop.

Originally, I was able to check any one during the day, and find something related with their character.

The change, was that I then thought at night. So every night I am thinking, and if I am interrupted, I will be told I was during the start of the day.

I get my results in twilight.
Yeah, this is a little redundant of me, but I'm still really confused as to why Ran decided to claim here. Did you think that you were going to clear RR Ran? Again, you're really going to need to explain how your role works.

Ok then.

Vote: OS
What do you think of RR's slot? You thought that he was a strong man. Does the fact that he claimed otherwise alter your opinion of him at all?

Just to be clear, you thought that RR was a strong man who shot PJB, right?

Gone for real now.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
There is no gambit Circus. I asked Nabe ti be safe and Him not giving me a straight answer makes me question it more.

July is being dumb.

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So RR, is her being "dumb" makes her scummy to you or just dumb towny on her? If you couldn't lynch PBJ toDay, who is your second scum-read?

BarDulL

Town Vampire

I don't have much to say about those other three slots. Kary's presence on D2, alongside Ran and PBJ, were all pretty empty from what I can remember.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
This question doesn't really matter, does it? Mafia were amnesiacs on Day 1...
Not everybody was necessarily an amnesiac all D1. I think swords and I were the only ones who didn't at least learn their alignment. Pretty much everyone else learned their alignment and then some.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Not everybody was necessarily an amnesiac all D1. I think swords and I were the only ones who didn't at least learn their alignment. Pretty much everyone else learned their alignment and then some.
Were the mafia informed of who their partners were upon learning their alignment...? I assumed they didn't.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232

Kary - tentative town. Kary just seems like Kary to me so far. Nothing really sticks out as unusual to me. He's a little more inactive than I'd expect, but I think he's got irl johns for that. More activity could solidify this for me, but I'm not uncomfortable with a town label based on what I see.

Ran - scum lean. I'm really scratching my head on this one. I wanna label him as town based on early play, but his claim really confuses me. I guess it fits as derpy town, but it seems like he's trying to use his claim to force a wagon on OS, someone I read as town. He said earlier that he believed Ryu to be a strongman, but his vote implies that OS is the strongman, and he thinks that makes him scum. Thing is, when he thought ryu was strongman, there was no vote. Then he decided to ask everyone else if they thought strongman was a scummy role so he could have an excuse to vote someone based on that. Looks like a backdoor if I ever saw one. Hearing his explanation for this will be interesting.

Bardull - scum lean. This is mostly from jdietz's play. He never contributed much that wasn't designed to push a town lynch along faster, or dismiss a lynchee's views. Bardull seems to be improving my opinion of the slot, but I got burned by Bardull last time I played with him in BaM/PB, so I'm cautious. I'm also hesitant to let his play just undo what jdietz did.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Were the mafia informed of who their partners were upon learning their alignment...? I assumed they didn't.
I have no idea what layer they had to get to for their partners. Alignment was all I saw on the first layer, and that's the only layer I know pretty much everyone but me and swords got.

A lot of people made it to the 3rd layer cuz of chuckie, so I imagine at least some of the mafioso knew their team, unless learning who their partners were was on the last layer. Couldn't really tell you.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hold your horses dude.

Thanksgiving + Black Friday so I need to cover more ground.

Aka larger post with one post in day two alluding to my doc role from N1.

:phone:
Ok, I just wanted to make sure you're not ignoring me. I need to understand where you were coming from with your selections so I can get a better read on you.

unvote

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I have no idea what layer they had to get to for their partners. Alignment was all I saw on the first layer, and that's the only layer I know pretty much everyone but me and swords got.

A lot of people made it to the 3rd layer cuz of chuckie, so I imagine at least some of the mafioso knew their team, unless learning who their partners were was on the last layer. Couldn't really tell you.
In all honesty, this very concept makes me wonder why we didn't just No Lynch. :/

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Mafia wouldn't want to accidentally lynch their partners if they didn't know who they were. If nothing else, they'd be trying to set themselves up as individuals of influence, but that's about the short of it.

Well, I guess it's statistically more probable to hit Town than Scum anyway on a ML. Meh.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Mafia wouldn't want to accidentally lynch their partners if they didn't know who they were. If nothing else, they'd be trying to set themselves up as individuals of influence, but that's about the short of it.

Well, I guess it's statistically more probable to hit Town than Scum anyway on a ML. Meh.
That's exactly why lynching on D1 was protown. Town always has to worry about lynching townies by accident, that never goes away. On D1, we actually had the advantage of scum not being able to work together.

Anyway, past is past. Everyone knows who they are now.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That's exactly why lynching on D1 was protown. Town always has to worry about lynching townies by accident, that never goes away. On D1, we actually had the advantage of scum not being able to work together.

Anyway, past is past. Everyone knows who they are now.
At the expense of having to lynch players that aren't actually readable as a result of them not knowing their alignment/partners. :glare:

Whatevz. I'll bug Nabe about it after the game's over.

#HBC | Dancer

This question doesn't really matter, does it? Mafia were amnesiacs on Day 1...
As PJB said, we were the only two to not really know out alignments.

I'm not going to assume that Kary's "lack" of an ability to scumhunt "for real" due to the set up not being fully revealed was the reason he just dropped his reads Day 1.

Less commenting on current affairs without knowledge of past affairs, and more catching up Bardull.

#HBC | Dancer

Less commenting on current affairs without knowledge of past affairs, and more catching up Bardull.
Wait nevermind, scumbag brain is being kinda sloppy on me and assumed that you haven't caught up completely yet since you just replaced in just a bit ago.

I don't have much to say about those other three slots. Kary's presence on D2, alongside Ran and PBJ, were all pretty empty from what I can remember.
It would help me read you better if you could try to read them for me. I know that all three of those slots have posted some stuff. Any opinion at all will help.

#HBC | Dancer

You have completely caught up, right Bardull?

If so, then at the very least you can give me an opinion on PJB at this point. He is playing a lot more actively toDay after all.

Also not too fond of Ran and RR taking just a long time to explain stuff. I realzed that it's only been about 2 days and RR was busy for Thursday and Friday, but this stuff really shouldn't be that hard to explain, nor should it take all that much time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The reason why I voted OS is because I targetted him D1.

I can only use my action during the day. I get results during twilight.

OS had these characteristics:

Strongman, Potential, Persistence.

I was just asking RR if he was a strongman or not out of curiousity.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not D1, but D2. Didn't get to use it the third day because of Soup skipping a day.

#HBC | Dancer

Okay, that would have been really relevant information if you just told us that at the beginning. Strongman really isn't likely to be a town role so . . .

Vote: OS

I thought that you were claiming in your 912 that there was a strongman in the town, but I guess by the word "town" you just meant "game," correct?

Oh btw, this is totally irrelevant but . . .

@CIRCUS:

You said that if Rajam wasn't scum Day 1 that you would eat your hat.

@OS:

You said that if Chuckie didn't flip Inquisitor that you would eat your hat.

I want vids of both of you eating your hats.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
My first qualm with RR's claim is this:

"Raziek died Night 2. He was Elizabeth, Town Volunteer Backup / Town Jailer.
soup died Night 2. He was Shinjiro Aragaki, Town Vigilante."

Technically, shouldn't he have backed up Raziek, not Soup, since Raziek was the first to die?

My second problem is that Soup is clearly labeled as Town Vigilante, not "Town Chemist Vigilante." ~_o

Ranmaru, can you explain why you outed and why you felt it was necessary for the setup?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Bardull. I felt that as a scanner for role characteristics, in a game with 2 protectives flipped, and a protective backup, with vigilantes and strongmans, I felt it was necessary I came out.

Swords, yes I meant in this game.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Rise Kujikawa, mostly known to the world as Risette, is a famous teen idol in the Persona 4 universe. "Risette" is Rise's "idol name."

Basically, "she doesn't know if the Rise that everyone admires is the 'real' Rise, or the persona of Risette that she presents to the masses."

So maybe you're in the process of "facing" yourself, or maybe someone's role has the ability to bring out the "shadow" in others. This is all speculation though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, I'm thinking at night to find out who I really am. If I get targetted, then I'd be told I was interrupted.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You have completely caught up, right Bardull?

If so, then at the very least you can give me an opinion on PJB at this point. He is playing a lot more actively toDay after all.

Also not too fond of Ran and RR taking just a long time to explain stuff. I realzed that it's only been about 2 days and RR was busy for Thursday and Friday, but this stuff really shouldn't be that hard to explain, nor should it take all that much time.
I remember feeling like he gave town reads on OS, you, J, and Circus too easily.

Top Bottom