• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
That looks like a Golbat! And you can tell because of the shape of the wings it's not just shiny, but if a card were to be made of it, it would be holographic as well. Also, have you guys heard of the Uberman's sleep schedule? Can be dangerous in a number of ways, but gives you a total of 22 hours a day to do stuff. You also have more energy than you do if you sleep normally. And, twins; are you guys going to come at all during the school semester (fall semester perhaps)?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
And I've tried like 6 or 7 times, but it keeps giving me some weird message-y thing while I'm trying to edit my post...Excuse me for the double post, but, some edits:

1. On the shiny and holographic things, add "(I totally just made that up)"
2. I've heard a lot of things about Xander and stuff; but as of yet, I don't believe he has blatantly disrespected me ever, nor do I think I have him. Also, I've never seen him get super angry or whatever over a match. In fact, I posted in the thread he made and although he may have bashed others' posts, mine was not bashed. So, two things that come out of that...not everyone disrespects Xander; and I don't think Xander's as terrible a person as you all make him out to be.

Twins, leave Xander alone for a bit. Whether you were deserving of it or not, would you like it if a bunch of people would bash you? At the same time, that goes for you too, Xander. You shouldn't come out and say to people things that might tick them off. To everyone-Please make an effort to think about what other people will think and say about your words and actions. Sure we all might make mistakes now and again, but if you apologize for those mistakes instead of arguing about them (no matter who's right), the community will get along better and no one will be disrespected and feel like they have to defend themselves in their posts. Keep in mind that if someone uses Leer on you, there's no point in using Defense Curl if they're just going to Leer again. Just switch out. Take your frustrated mindset and switch in your apologetic or happier mindset.

Also also...Jeff, Brad, Cool Rob (See what I did there?
IC's
), Tony, Sean; how did you guys do at Nice Shot Hugo?

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Give me a reason not to slam Dark. He's garbage, yet he's arrogant, and players even worse than I am are saying that he's good. That irritates me.
Lastly you know .
Wow ok. You say he's arrogant but he hasn't even said a word. He's probably one of the least arrogant smasher I know. And you say HE'S arrogant when the first thing that pops out of your mouth is that he sucks **** at the mere mention of him. You have a very distorted reality. I had absolutely no beef with you but not now. At the first hint of anybody saying anything that puts you on a lower pedastal you have the adacity to spew hate and you flame everyone. Not only that, THEN you try to realize why everybody hates you. Wow...just wow.

Edit: Okami, we did fairly well. Axe got 3rd, Forward and I got 5th, unfortunately Taj got knocked out of bracket as soon as he got out of pools. And Wobbles never attended.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
and i was in a 3-way-tie with Lucien and Kouryuu and didn't make it out because of stupidity on my own part

MacD

Banned via Administration
or the great pool gods once again were like "screw you tai, you must not make it out of pools until you are number 1 in your area"

also light is my new fav person!!!!!!! it's times like these i wished the whole community lived closer, but still far enough apart so that seeing like EC people was still special

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
or the great pool gods once again were like "screw you tai, you must not make it out of pools until you are number 1 in your area"

also light is my new fav person!!!!!!! it's times like these i wished the whole community lived closer, but still far enough apart so that seeing like EC people was still special
yeah light's a champ

also, it would be awesome if you could viably get to the EC without flying

MacD

Banned via Administration
also it is my plan to make light more social, like i did for fly

there was already lots of progress from of how he acted towards me at pat's house to this tourney. 2-3 more tournies and he might stop avoiding photos

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Lol, McCain!

I feel like I talk to Light the most whenever he comes down for tourneys. It must be a Peach thing. I want him to break out of his shell!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Wow ok. You say he's arrogant but he hasn't even said a word. He's probably one of the least arrogant smasher I know. And you say HE'S arrogant when the first thing that pops out of your mouth is that he sucks **** at the mere mention of him. You have a very distorted reality. I had absolutely no beef with you but not now. At the first hint of anybody saying anything that puts you on a lower pedastal you have the adacity to spew hate and you flame everyone. Not only that, THEN you try to realize why everybody hates you. Wow...just wow.

Edit: Okami, we did fairly well. Axe got 3rd, Forward and I got 5th, unfortunately Taj got knocked out of bracket as soon as he got out of pools. And Wobbles never attended.
Every time I've ever met dark he's been arrogant and had an ego.

Also; People disrespected me LOOOONG before I ever even started. Some of the first few threads, and posts I ever made were immediately flamed for whatever reason, and people often dislike me for OTHER, ******** reasons.

So like I said; Get your brother down here. Prove me wrong, if you can.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
And I've tried like 6 or 7 times, but it keeps giving me some weird message-y thing while I'm trying to edit my post...Excuse me for the double post, but, some edits:

1. On the shiny and holographic things, add "(I totally just made that up)"
2. I've heard a lot of things about Xander and stuff; but as of yet, I don't believe he has blatantly disrespected me ever, nor do I think I have him. Also, I've never seen him get super angry or whatever over a match. In fact, I posted in the thread he made and although he may have bashed others' posts, mine was not bashed. So, two things that come out of that...not everyone disrespects Xander; and I don't think Xander's as terrible a person as you all make him out to be.

Twins, leave Xander alone for a bit. Whether you were deserving of it or not, would you like it if a bunch of people would bash you? At the same time, that goes for you too, Xander. You shouldn't come out and say to people things that might tick them off. To everyone-Please make an effort to think about what other people will think and say about your words and actions. Sure we all might make mistakes now and again, but if you apologize for those mistakes instead of arguing about them (no matter who's right), the community will get along better and no one will be disrespected and feel like they have to defend themselves in their posts. Keep in mind that if someone uses Leer on you, there's no point in using Defense Curl if they're just going to Leer again. Just switch out. Take your frustrated mindset and switch in your apologetic or happier mindset.

Also also...Jeff, Brad, Cool Rob (See what I did there?
IC's
), Tony, Sean; how did you guys do at Nice Shot Hugo?
I've only ever gotten super angry once, and that was before you came down to Arizona.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Xander, you need to lighten up and have fun!

Twins! <3 Twin with me all night <3
When was it ever implied I don't have fun?

If I didn't enjoy smash, why would I put so much effort into:

1. Trying to get better.

2. Desperately trying to get the community to treat me like a human being, instead of some putrid infestation.

Sure there are some exceptions, but as a whole, the various communities dislike me for the dumbest of reasons.

The smash community dislikes how I bring up a point, and how I present facts or opinions. My lack of sugar coating my posts apparently gas garnered me some dislike. When I made a few threads out of frustration, I ignored a few peoples advice which I disagreed with, and suddenly I apparently NEVER EVER EVER accept any critique what so ever.

I raged once at joey, and I apparently get mad and ragequit alllllll the time because out that.

There are probably other examples, but I'd have to really look for them.

Now people say I'M the one who started disrespecting others long before they treated me like trash. People are more than welcome to check my earliest posts and threads and see people flame me for dumb reasons.

I spent several months trying to be nice, since I'm a firm advocate of "treat people the way you want to be treated", but what good does that do?

So no, unless someone does something deserving of my respect, I'm going to be bitter, and a complete *******, because I've seldom receive any better.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
I like how you always play the victim, Rubyiris. You say nothing ever changes and you are absolutely right, because you have to change yourself first. I did absolutely nothing to you and the first thing you do is bad mouth my brother and say he is garbage. You say you are desperately trying to get the community to treat you like a human being but you completely trash everyone else so why should we do the same for you? Treat people the way you want to be treated. You just called my brother garbage and that he eats ****. Well then I guess you can just go **** yourself then you piece of ****. What the **** did I do to you to garner such disrespect? I was probably one of the only people who was unbiased from you from the start but the way you consistantly act I can't believe I didn't start seeing this sooner. I heard stories but I never made my own judgements.

You say every time you seen Dark he has a huge ego? You have met him what? Once!? And I can probably guess it was toward somebody he already knew and hung out with before and they understand him. Stop acting like a constant victim and change yourself before you expect others to change their views of you. Have you even apologized for all the **** you have said to other people? Why should we forgive you and forget past transgressions.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I like how you always play the victim, Rubyiris. You say nothing ever changes and you are absolutely right, because you have to change yourself first. I did absolutely nothing to you and the first thing you do is bad mouth my brother and say he is garbage. You say you are desperately trying to get the community to treat you like a human being but you completely trash everyone else so why should we do the same for you? Treat people the way you want to be treated. You just called my brother garbage and that he eats ****. Well then I guess you can just go **** yourself then you piece of ****. What the **** did I do to you to garner such disrespect? I was probably one of the only people who was unbiased from you from the start but the way you consistantly act I can't believe I didn't start seeing this sooner. I heard stories but I never made my own judgements.

You say every time you seen Dark he has a huge ego? You have met him what? Once!? And I can probably guess it was toward somebody he already knew and hung out with before and they understand him. Stop acting like a constant victim and change yourself before you expect others to change their views of you. Have you even apologized for all the **** you have said to other people? Why should we forgive you and forget past transgressions.
I've met Dark a total of three times. We played at bwills rr in 07 where he beat me when I had a bad controller, then I played him some friendlies later that day and demolished him when Forrest was taking a break.

I met him again at ACMM3 when I just got back into the game, and barely lost 1-2, suiciding twice in a row on the last game, less than a minute apart from the two suicides.

Last time I saw him was at People Mover where he did very well, and I give him credit for that. He beat Chuckie and Tai in singles, and you guys barely lost to Tony and Sean in teams.

Yes, I have apologized to the people I've wrongfully treated like crap. I'm acting like the victim, because that's what I am. With a few exceptions, I was never the one to start any disagreements, or disrespecting people. That's not the kind of person I am, and even then, it was because of frustration at the community, and I apologized to the people who deserved it.

But like I've said several times, if you think Dark is good, bring him down to a Tucson tournament. Let him prove it.

Kyle:

I'm uploading the matches, but my internet it being gay and slow.

AXE 09

Smash Master
this is hilarious. idk why i've never seen this before lol

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Arizona_smashers

also, will anyone be able to house me and tai (and maybe one other) on the 17th in tucson?

EDIT:

holy crap o.O i've never heard light get off like that before. GO PEACH!!!! XD

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
So no, unless someone does something deserving of my respect, I'm going to be bitter, and a complete *******, because I've seldom receive any better.
-1 for being aware of and perpetuating a vicious circle.

Premise 1: You admit you won't give respect without whatever you think is proper reason to do so (see quote).
Premise 2: Everyone expresses (and as well as with yourself, has the capacity for) respect as a first impression.
Premise 3: Everyone has the capacity for disrespect in response to disrespect.

Just chill out, do the opposite of what you claim in the quote, and stop looking for excuses to justify your behavior.

You cannot expect a solution without change. Don't act in kind to what apparently spites you.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
-1 for being aware of and perpetuating a vicious circle.

Premise 1: You admit you won't give respect without whatever you think is proper reason to do so (see quote).
Premise 2: Everyone expresses (and as well as with yourself, has the capacity for) respect as a first impression.
Premise 3: Everyone has the capacity for disrespect in response to disrespect.

Just chill out, do the opposite of what you claim in the quote, and stop looking for excuses to justify your behavior.

You cannot expect a solution without change. Don't act in kind to what apparently spites you.
Why should I be the one to go out of their way to basically suck their ***** when I'm the victim?

****ty logic.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
hahaha, you say I have ****ty logic

that's a good one

You obviously don't understand that post.
Before you say you do, read it again and try to figure out what I'm telling you, especially the first and last sentences.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Actually lemme answer a possible rebuttal

As much as you want to believe it, people do not act like *******s randomly and not generally without having recieved poor treatment first. Until you accept that, the situation will never change.

From what I can tell, everyone has been reacting toward your bad attitude. You have never tried changing, and the situation hasn't gotten better. What does your logic tell you there?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
hahaha, you say I have ****ty logic

that's a good one

You obviously don't understand that post.
Before you say you do, read it again and try to figure out what I'm telling you, especially the first and last sentences.
Obviously I don't understand it. enlighten me.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I've met Dark a total of three times. We played at bwills rr in 07 where he beat me when I had a bad controller, then I played him some friendlies later that day and demolished him when Forrest was taking a break.

I met him again at ACMM3 when I just got back into the game, and barely lost 1-2, suiciding twice in a row on the last game, less than a minute apart from the two suicides.
Last time I saw him was at People Mover where he did very well, and I give him credit for that. He beat Chuckie and Tai in singles, and you guys barely lost to Tony and Sean in teams.

Yes, I have apologized to the people I've wrongfully treated like crap. I'm acting like the victim, because that's what I am. With a few exceptions, I was never the one to start any disagreements, or disrespecting people. That's not the kind of person I am, and even then, it was because of frustration at the community, and I apologized to the people who deserved it.

But like I've said several times, if you think Dark is good, bring him down to a Tucson tournament. Let him prove it.

Kyle:

I'm uploading the matches, but my internet it being gay and slow.
Umm Not really a part of this conversation much, but umm bolded in your post... I've highlighted for you....are..ummm... yeah "JOHNS"

that's all really.. it'd be nice if you were respectful for once and admit you lose, controller problems, suicide, not having the desired control slot??? whatever the case is...just accept losing..Im sure Forward, Axe, Taj, Light, ANY player out there, doesn't feel "IN THE ZONE" or perfect or whatever, but they don't make BS excuses about it.. they pull themselves together and play better the next oncoming games, You should really try giving that a shot, not by "making more excuses about it... Every game I've played you in, and when i beat you, I get the "Oh, I shouldve done this/that.... Why didn't I do this? I can't believe that didn't hit you" JUST PLAY... no more excuses Xander, that'll be a start on my behalf and im sure many others to get the respect you desire so much

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
I like this derpdaberp pedophile he doesnt sound silly when he tries to attempt to making peace to xanders ignorance when making these fortune cookie post. oh yeah xanders a pedophile.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Actually lemme answer a possible rebuttal

As much as you want to believe it, people do not act like *******s randomly and not generally without having recieved poor treatment first. Until you accept that, the situation will never change.

From what I can tell, everyone has been reacting toward your bad attitude. You have never tried changing, and the situation hasn't gotten better. What does your logic tell you there?
With two exceptions, to people I even apologized to, I've NEVER treated anyone else poorly, without being disrespected first.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Umm Not really a part of this conversation much, but umm bolded in your post... I've highlighted for you....are..ummm... yeah "JOHNS"

that's all really.. it'd be nice if you were respectful for once and admit you lose, controller problems, suicide, not having the desired control slot??? whatever the case is...just accept losing..Im sure Forward, Axe, Taj, Light, ANY player out there, doesn't feel "IN THE ZONE" or perfect or whatever, but they don't make BS excuses about it.. they pull themselves together and play better the next oncoming games, You should really try giving that a shot, not by "making more excuses about it... Every game I've played you in, and when i beat you, I get the "Oh, I shouldve done this/that.... Why didn't I do this? I can't believe that didn't hit you" JUST PLAY... no more excuses Xander, that'll be a start on my behalf and im sure many others to get the respect you desire so much
Swing and a miss.

My excuses are always legit. Stop trying to call me out on them. You know me far less than you think you do.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
It's just a snowball effect. It starts with inconsiderate remarks like post #3110 to someone trying to help. The attitude never ends or changes and it spreads around until it's concluded that you don't deserve respectful treatment.

You're too proud.

Top Bottom