• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
yeah! im with elvis! xanders a pedophile!

EDIT: OH! i didnt even see that post and hell yeah! ill take your challenge twin A whens the next time your gonna be anywhere near this region! anymore takers you guys all better get your MM's out now cause everyones been challenging me even sierra vista how about you tommy? ganon ditto? spencer homosexual sheik ditto? elvis random MM? and anybody else in any kinda MM come on! ill beat you all! hopefully!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
You're calling somebody who has placed in tourney and does great in teams a bad player and I'm the one with no credibility? Wow...

And Yeah!, who do you main? Tai said you're probably better than the rest of NM. Although I don't doubt it, I want to play you now :p

:link:

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
lol you have played me my names joey you sent that picture when you were with jeff at that texas tourney pretty much i play spacies and a bunch of other characters but ill play you with any character! except like 3 and my rubiks cube skills are better than dark. but nobody knows how fast i can do it.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Joey, I really think it would be cool if you posted with periods. Capitalization wouldn't hurt either.

Does anyone want to smash at the University twice or three times a week on a 'nearly' guaranteed time schedule? The only day I know I'm going to smash is Thursday. It'd be nice to smash more. Also, is Arizona going to come to a tournament in SoCal during summer break? If so, I most likely would be able to house people who I know.

MacD

Banned via Administration
screw that, i'm housing AZ again, it's too good

and axe didn't even have to sleep under the bed this time

and we made sure to not talk about needing weed outside my place

and my roomate was drinknig/in the way again but he left so it was all good

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Joey is better than all of NM, you guys suck **** lol. Get better, would you?

In other news; Anyone want to smash this week? I don't have any events in Phoenix this weekend.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
At least I have friends and can go out every day with my head high knowing I'm going to do something productive and fun :D

I suck at melee, true. But do I care? Not really. Why? Because I play for fun. you don't see me going around posting threads about how I can't seem to get better and I hit this wall and then disregard every piece of advice I get by those better than me.

If I were to drop every thing I do (school, work, origami, mma, self defense instructing, magic, etc) and only practice melee then I would 4 stock you easily. Do I care? Nope. Because I like to have fun with what I do. And sitting at home all day in front of a TV playing smash isn't satisfying for me. I could do it for a couple days and then I would want to go work out, or chill with friends, or spar, or go put on another magic show, or fold another chocobo.

Have fun knowing you play this game hundreds of hours more than me yet you're only a fraction better, if that.

MacD

you do origami???

list of things you are going to do for me, origami, magic, special stuff ;)

list of things you are going to teach me, self defense... how to have friends :cry:

MacD

hmmmm, i'll find something and be like "oh great twin A, pretty please use your magic folding skills to make _____ out of that square sheet of paper"

and then i'll be all happy and whatnot

tw1n

Smash Champion
you called dark a good player.

you have no credibility.
Joey is better than all of NM, you guys suck **** lol. Get better, would you?
Yo Ruby... For a while I thought you were cool. But man you love to slam others... and not in the haha good times I'll help you up way. Just stop posting, get off the computer, go outside and do something with your life. Sure I could MM you, sure I'd probably lose. And no I wouldn't go and say how I will beat the living hell out of you in real life because I can. Why? Because I'm not a douche like you.

EDIT: OH! i didnt even see that post and hell yeah! ill take your challenge twin A whens the next time your gonna be anywhere near this region! anymore takers you guys all better get your MM's out now cause everyones been challenging me even sierra vista how about you tommy? ganon ditto? spencer homosexual sheik ditto? elvis random MM? and anybody else in any kinda MM come on! ill beat you all! hopefully!
Lol I'll MM you. $1!!! The MoneyMatches of championions!!! Hahaha. Or we can just do friendlies for a while. Those are fun too =D We may be coming to AZ near the end of May for a day or 2. If we do then I wanna smash and chill with alot of you lol

you do origami???

list of things you are going to do for me, origami, magic, special stuff ;)

list of things you are going to teach me, self defense... how to have friends :cry:
But I thought I was your friend :urg: I can teach you alot tho trust me ;)

Lol hey Axe!!! Check this out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUGOpluXuis

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
You guys have to come to Tucson, not Phoenix, and definitely not Sierra Vista.

That hype video is so ****.

MacD

oh, so i have a friend??? yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i can't wait to see what you can teach me

EDIT: TWINS, we made our accounts at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
It would be with Bryce and Axe though most likely, so thats screaming Phoenix...

Or we can do both. You guys should have a tourney in Phoenix one day and then Tuscon the next day for us :p

And I think I'm going to fold a balrog really quickly. No not the SF character.
http://dev.origami.com/diagram.cfm

EDIT: MACD!!!! Wow we did make it at the same time O.o NICE!

tw1n

Smash Champion
oh, so i have a friend??? yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i can't wait to see what you can teach me

EDIT: TWINS, we made our accounts at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my god you're right lol. If only we were half as good as you tho... Sigh. It kinda blows living in NM where the best smash player we have gets 3 stocked easily by AZ's top 5.

Ya bro definitely do balrog lol. Diablo for the win.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
How do you twins find time to post on the boards as much as you do if you do all that stuff jaja

I feel like I haven't played smash in forever even though it's probably been half a week. I want to train my Luigi to edgecancel reverse standing upB's since they have horizontal momentum. And sideB's too. If only I could mash B fast enough for recovery I think my Luigi would be legitimately awesome. I'm also pushing my Luigi hard so that Elvis has to keep up :p

My Marth also has to be in top shape to keep up with all the Vietnamese smashers.

I'll never give up Falcon of course :D

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Yo Ruby... For a while I thought you were cool. But man you love to slam others... and not in the haha good times I'll help you up way. Just stop posting, get off the computer, go outside and do something with your life. Sure I could MM you, sure I'd probably lose. And no I wouldn't go and say how I will beat the living hell out of you in real life because I can. Why? Because I'm not a douche like you.
You're in no position to tell me what to do.

I'm a douche? Oh well. Not getting any respect for absolutely no reason in every community I'm a part of has made me bitter. Deal with it, or don't go where I post. Simple as that.

Give me a reason not to slam Dark. He's garbage, yet he's arrogant, and players even worse than I am are saying that he's good. That irritates me.

Maybe someone like Light can convince him to come down to Tucson and show me whats up, if he even can. If he hasn't been playing, there's no way he's going to beat me with how much I've improved in the last few months.

Lastly you know absolutely nothing about me outside of what I post on swf. You're in no position to tell me what to do with my life.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Not getting any respect for absolutely no reason in every community I'm a part of has made me bitter.
That's exactly the reason why you don't get the respect you think you deserve, Xander. You refuse to acknowledge that there are clear reasons that people don't respect you. That delusional view of everything else isn't constructive at all.

It reminds me of Cartman's attitude in this episode: http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/220762

jajaja it's not exactly the same but that is a classic episode nonetheless.

edit: and a certain other character in that episode but that's a spoiler

Duff0

Smash Ace
Give me a reason not to slam Dark. He's garbage, yet he's arrogant, and players even worse than I am are saying that he's good. That irritates me.
Light says he's good. Light is better than you. Regardless if it's correct or not, you should respect it because he is much better than you.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
lol Jackie I like how you pretty much said exactly what Kyle says in the bathroom in that episode

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
How do you twins find time to post on the boards as much as you do if you do all that stuff jaja

I feel like I haven't played smash in forever even though it's probably been half a week. I want to train my Luigi to edgecancel reverse standing upB's since they have horizontal momentum. And sideB's too. If only I could mash B fast enough for recovery I think my Luigi would be legitimately awesome. I'm also pushing my Luigi hard so that Elvis has to keep up :p

My Marth also has to be in top shape to keep up with all the Vietnamese smashers.

I'll never give up Falcon of course :D
what vietnamese players are there in arizona that are at least decent other than you, me, and Sean?

tw1n

Smash Champion
oaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no tw1n were gonna MM! and you should do origami for me! that would be cool
Lol I don't do origami sorry. Well I can fold a flapping crane and a ninja star... my brother can fold way more than me lol. But ok we can MM lol. I'll prolly get ***** but it could be fun playing you lol.

The twins are pretty good at life.
Great now I gotta make this part of my sig lol =] Thanks forward

Lol i get on maybe once or twice a day for a little bit. i just come in at some good points =D

I'm a douche? Oh well. Not getting any respect for absolutely no reason in every community I'm a part of has made me bitter. Deal with it, or don't go where I post. Simple as that.

Maybe someone like Light can convince him to come down to Tucson and show me whats up, if he even can. If he hasn't been playing, there's no way he's going to beat me with how much I've improved in the last few months.

Lastly you know absolutely nothing about me outside of what I post on swf. You're in no position to tell me what to do with my life.
You're actually right about one thing there. I am in no position to tell you what to do with your life. i don't know you in real life. But I read what others say and if a majority say the same thing then I start to believe what I hear. Don't be so bitter all the time and maybe once in a while, rather than saying how much better you are than someone, just so something along the lines that you would like to play them and have fun. Maybe see who really is better or see how well dark does against you. Don't just slam people saying you are so much better and everyone else is wrong and therefor lesser than you.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Lol I love that picture.

Nah I was just saying how Vietnamese people are the best Marths. Not specifically AZ Viets. M2K doesn't count.

Twin_A

Smash Champion

You know you are right. We won't tell you what to do with life, it's yours to live. And may it be a good one. Two quick things:
1. You picked the arguments with us first.
2. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/humble

oaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no tw1n were gonna MM! and you should do origami for me! that would be cool
I'll MM you bro :D
And just let me know what you want folded and I'll try to do it for ya. It's significantly easier if I can find a diagram online :p

The twins are pretty good at life.

We ignore a few things like sleep. Highly overrated.

As well it's not like we practice everything every day. Just as often as we can (usually once a week if not more). Plus, I get on smashboards when in class and I know the material/am bored :D

24 hours is a long time in a day, more than enough to squeeze in a lot of activities :p

Hahahahahahahaha

Oh yeah one more thing, I folded this earlier.

Thoughts, opinions? This was the first try and a rough draft if you would :D

Top Bottom