• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Hey there...OkamiBW here.

So...I'm from Southern California. Nice to meet everyone y'all. I just started playing Melee this year in January and I main Sheik and play IC's, Fox, and Doc. In the few tournaments I've gone to, I've beaten at least one person every time except once when I was just feeling ********. I have my own set-up minus TV at the moment, but I may buy a TV within these 3 weeks. I don't know who my room partner will be yet, so I don't know if I can hold smashfests inside the dorm (It could be cramped anyways, so only 4 people would be allowed at once, usually, I'd predict.)

I'm moving to Tucson, Arizona for college at the University of Arizona, on the 19th of August in roughly 3 weeks. I play Melee strictly, though I have respect for 64 and Brawl Plus, though a bit less for normal Brawl. I also play Soul Calibur IV on Xbox Live; my gamertag is "OkamiBW" (go figure). I'd like to know who'd be down to play during the schoolyear at the UA campus. I'm leaving my car in SoCal for at least my first year, so I don't particularly have transportation. I subscribed to this thread however, and will be checking it every so often to see who responds and such.

I'll post a link of my friend and I doing a friendly. He also got into Melee at the same date.
Myself vs. Signia

Anyways, hit me up on Xbox Live if you want to play Halo 3 or Soul Calibur IV. Ooh, and feel free to PM me if you go to or are going to go to U of A and play Melee. Peace! Mina miteite kure. :p

~BW

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
hey buddy welcome to tucson in advance!

if you have a cell phone, it would be easiest to set stuff up, my number is 480-231-2079 if you want some on campus smash! i assume you will be in the dorms, or near campus at least, and me and Axe( a really awesome guy from sierra vista) are going to be close by on campus too, so let me know where youre living and we will definitely smash. There are quite a few people around town who smash too, so we are always looking for more! Especially me cuz i need to l2p againts sheiks haha

in terms of smashfests in the dorm, we did it a fair amount last year, but we used the common room/tv lounge in my dorm, which im sure we can do again this year! so yeah, hit me up and i'd be glad to play you. I am back and forth between tucson and phoenix right now, but as school starts the 24th, we can try to play that first week or weekend if you want man, just lemme know!

moTT

Smash Cadet
So, who all is going to be at the weekly tomorrow? I need to know that a good bit of people will show up.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i'll be in tucson, and needing a place to crash for the night - gotta get my fingerprints taken in the morning on tuesday, so im coming down monday evening, so if anyone wants to smash hit me up

AXE 09

Smash Master
hey guys.

so... Me and Joey wanna come up to tucson tomorrow (technically today: Tuesday). is anyone free to smash?? if so, PLEASE call or text me: 520-508-5160

MOTT: i really want to play you before you have to leave. i've heard a lot about you, but haven't really gotten to play you much, i only played you in falcon ditto's. if you can smash today, please call or text me. i have a decent falco and pikachu that might give you a challenge lol

moTT

Smash Cadet
wow axe, lay off the humble pie :p. you'd **** me. the only thing my falcon had on yours was tech-chasing, anyway, lol. i'll text you a ton and we'll schedule something. i was going to hang out with jackie today since his only days off are tuesday, but i leave on the 15th.. so since you're an out-of-towner, i'll play with you today, and hang out with jackie next tuesday. (btw, i really wonder what you've heard.. it can't all be good, and i bet ruby thinks he's better than me now)

moTT

Smash Cadet
Elvis, my Sheik misses yo' weejeh!

So, today was ****ing boss.. you guys think we could do that one week from now, but get there a little earlier? I guess it could be like, a send-off for me, lol. If it's cool with forrest, of course. That would really be great. It was awesome playing SV again. Oh, Chris.. YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME, I TRIED TO TELL YOU. You and your reverse mindgame bs, haha. You played really well today, GAVE ME DA BUSINESS. Good ****. We'll play again one last time before I leave. I'll give you more of a challenge this time, bank on it. Forrest, your peach got the better of my falcon today, too, good stuff. I've decided I'm going to just grow up and learn the marth/peach game, as impatient as I am. You guys helped me decide on who my secondary really is.

forward

Smash Champion
I'm back in Tucson and ready to smash. No more gathering's at my house for awhile though :( Does anybody want to play brawl and practice for the AIAB tourney on the 7th?

forward

Smash Champion
Anyone want to smash today? Xander? Brawl players? I have a bus pass + a backpack filled with a wii and brawl/melee and controller.

I'm f*ckin Ryu, *****

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Everyone who is going to the Tucson brawl tournament at AIAB on the 7th should bring a Wii because they need Wiis lol. So yeah bring one if you can.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Or you can look at...
-The music notes in the Northern Lights on FoD
-Ganon's giant bulge when he does leg moves like his tilts or taunt
-The ground in the landscape part of FD's background
-The masking tape in the background of YS

and more!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
or You Can Look At...
-the Music Notes In The Northern Lights On Fod
-ganon's Giant Bulge When He Does Leg Moves Like His Tilts Or Taunt
-the Ground In The Landscape Part Of Fd's Background
-the Masking Tape In The Background Of Ys

And More!
Roll Over!

forward

Smash Champion
LOL Chris we could have played yesterday. I was at Danny Chung's house playing. We might be able to get a few games in at my house while my mom is gone... maybe.

v00m242

Smash Rookie
seann call me plox i may be able to have a few players come to my house and get soem games in. my moms house though sorry chris XD
401-5132

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Originally Posted by turnip tosser
whoa so much smack talk since ive been gone. I cant wait for mr.j to get back set some newbs straight Jeff ill miss yea and may you continue to **** everywhere you go. Since now your gone ill just need to step up and become fully active again for sv. Now back to the smack talk **** i dont know who these smash weaklings think they are the only one who can talk **** is gamer, hes a dirty ***** and mr.j watch what you say he doesnt get 4 stocked anymore. Since mr.j is the one who told me to come post i have to go out with some smack talk just to set the record straight. Better then TT huh? sorry but last time i was there i 3-0 your best. Maybe hes better in tourneys? or against other tucson people but dittos i hold the title. Booyah suckers i thought thats something mr.j would say. Tucson peaches vs SV peaches it has to go down when Mr.J gets back.

Posted by Mr.J
Oh **** son!!!! A challange has been presented Tucson will they take up the cup, will they **** out, will Forrest and Ruby and Andrew cry in bitter defeat, will they throw there controllers when MrJ starts harassing them durning the carnage, or will they in fact get owned by the best Peach duo in the Southwest hmmmm Sept. not to far away, tune in next month for a hellacious owning.

Very well put Sean, i miss you man

forward

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna smash at my house today? Hit me up on aim or leave a message, I'll try and check back here periodically.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
sean i stopped by your house yesterday to see spencer and smoke with you if you wanted lol but you weren't home

tai i don't think i can have the money by saturday because 1) my dad is still in colorado and he's the one i would work for but business down here is dead still and 2) i'm living with rachel's parents now and any money we get is needed for actually living since her parents are about to file bankruptcy sooooo yeah

Top Bottom