• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
**** Tucson. I'm tired of being left in the dark when it comes to people smashing. Rusty and Forrest getting to play all day on Tuesday. Sierra Vista going to Seans without ANYONE letting me know. Chris getting to play with Sean for 22 hours.

Please come clean with me. What is it that keeps people from informing me about this stuff? You ALL have internet. You ALL read the Tucson board. I've made a post every day this week saying "hey, I wana smash." I talk to people on a regular basis saying "come smash with me.", etc, yet when all these great opprotunities for me to go and play pop up, nobody ****ing tells me. It's bull****, and uncalled for. You don't seem to understand that I actually care about the game, yet I'm the one who's shafted from these little excursions.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
you didn't answer your phone. no johns

and for the record i played melee for 22 hours, i played with sean for maybe 14? and rusty stayed the night at forrests and he said he was going to do that when you and i were both still there.

edit/ and my phone is broken so i couldn't call/text/aim anyone

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
**** that sucks chris i sent you a tight *** picture we took when we did a black hole glitch lol

and xander i will be fairly busy after the 7th, but until then, im free and i'd love to smash, maybe im not who you want to smash with, but hey dont complain lol...if you can get ahold of me via phone that'd be better since i dont have a house/place to keep my computer set up. lemme know bud

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I don't care who I smash with, as long as they know what they're doing. =x

Plus I promised I'd help you with Fox.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
yeah, not sure you wanna get on that boat lol, my fox sucks BALLZ <3

and i'll be back in tucson early next week so i'll find you to smash

AXE 09

Smash Master
if the tourney is on the 8th... then i probably won't be able to make it =( i move to phoenix on the 7th

btw: xander, i'm really sorry =( my last day of work is today, so after today, i should be able to visit tucson quite a bit. next time i go up, i'll definately let you know.

piman, i wanna play you! =D

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
**** Tucson. I'm tired of being left in the dark when it comes to people smashing. Rusty and Forrest getting to play all day on Tuesday. Sierra Vista going to Seans without ANYONE letting me know. Chris getting to play with Sean for 22 hours.

Please come clean with me. What is it that keeps people from informing me about this stuff? You ALL have internet. You ALL read the Tucson board. I've made a post every day this week saying "hey, I wana smash." I talk to people on a regular basis saying "come smash with me.", etc, yet when all these great opprotunities for me to go and play pop up, nobody ****ing tells me. It's bull****, and uncalled for. You don't seem to understand that I actually care about the game, yet I'm the one who's shafted from these little excursions.
Try to care less about this game, maine.

To tell you the truth ruby, I don't have internet, and I don't check smashboards every dai. So leik. Tough cookies. Ruby, as my friend, you must understand that if you don't get called for smash, then obviously, you aren't wanted at that time, or people are busy. I'm not saying you aren't wanted, but you are a grown *** man. No man cries or gets upset at not being wanted. Lil kids do that. Last time I checked, you a mother ****ing boss.

Ruby, for all of us who don't check the internet all the time, call us. I made my arrangement with Piman last week and it was to train his Marth, and I wish I could have stayed longer to play you yesterday. But don't be so angry.\

I will be busy today though, P.O.S. car must be fixed.

WTFBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Try to care less about this game, maine.

To tell you the truth ruby, I don't have internet, and I don't check smashboards every dai. So leik. Tough cookies. Ruby, as my friend, you must understand that if you don't get called for smash, then obviously, you aren't wanted at that time, or people are busy. I'm not saying you aren't wanted, but you are a grown *** man. No man cries or gets upset at not being wanted. Lil kids do that. Last time I checked, you a mother ****ing boss.

Ruby, for all of us who don't check the internet all the time, call us. I made my arrangement with Piman last week and it was to train his Marth, and I wish I could have stayed longer to play you yesterday. But don't be so angry.\

I will be busy today though, P.O.S. car must be fixed.

WTFBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
I don't see any reason why I shouldn't take something I enjoy, and plan on playing competitively seriously. Plus you guys are my friends. Even if we don't play smash, I still enjoy everyone's company. <3

forward

Smash Champion
Duffy: Our Ty is in the process of confirming the venue. He told me that that the 1st is too short of notice, but the 8th is almost for sure. I'll ask him about it next time I see him.

Xander: Sorry about the other day dude. It happens I guess. We'll get a good session in next time though.

Axe: Coming back to Tucson so soon?! Bring Timmy! I wanna play him in his revitalized glory. Oh yea and bring the rest of SV, they're good.

Chris: "Duuude, we're still playing this game."

v00m242

Smash Rookie
haha so i was so insanely close to getting my first game off sean without him SDing. but im not good so i failed :/

i really hope that the tucson tournament actually happens. we have been in need of a legit tournament for a while now.

where is the RR going to be held monday?????

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
If I remember correctly, when I beat Sean with Sheik, it was without suicides.

After that, the following games were 1 and 2 stocks in his favor, followed by 2 more 3 stocks, and like a 4 stocks. <.<

*Edit*

The weeklies are SUPPOSED to be legit, but nobody is willing to give sean money.

You guys realize that if Coop hosts AZ Anger, Sean's still going to win, and it will hardly be any different than if our Weeklies had an entry fee?

v00m242

Smash Rookie
yes but we will have a legit venue and we will have (hopefully) pretty much everyone in arizona. its also a rarer thing then weeklies. no one wants to waste their money EVERY monday.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
That's like saying "Nobody wants to waste their money every saturday." for Yugioh.

Our weeklies have 95% of Tucson, which is like 70% of AZ all together. (bs percentages, but it's pretty true)

Having a venue often calls for a venue fee. Playing at mine, or Forrest's place, you didn't have to deal with that.

Not wanting to enter due to the fact that Sean would win is bs. The effect is widely the same as if you entered Yugioh when Kyle was there. Nobody in Tucson is even remotely close to Kyle's skill in Yugioh, let alone AZ as a state. There's a reason why he's won nearly every local/regional he's entered. It's the same case with Sean, yet you still continue to argue it, no matter how wrong you are.

The "Rarity." would be the same as Regionals for Yugioh, because that's what it basically is, since Phoenix and Sierra Vista might end up going. (Tai'll show up if someone else goes.)

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i somewhat agree with xander, if its legit(rr or tourney) then we should start doing money, i know not everyone can but then theres really no incentive to go and try harder than friendlies, which isnt bad per se, but its bad for when a regional thing comes up. IMO but also i can understand why people dont want to lose the money consistently, where tournaments are less often, and people are more likely to pay for them (for whatever reason). Personally, since i live on east side and if i bring people to somewhere to smash then they can save that money from riding the buss or something to pay as an entry fee :p

Where do they happen now?I'll be back next week and want to smaash!!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
If anyone wants one, I'm selling Captain Falcon helmets for 65 dollars. If you bought everything to make this at retail price, it would cost you at least 55 dollars, not to mention all the time and effort to make it. Not to mention, with the dwindling supply of Speed Racer helmets to paint, the price may go up.

v00m242

Smash Rookie
xander that does make sense but you have to realize that there are people that have NO money...this presents another problem. most of these people are not looking to make spending money every week on smash a standard thing. idk im probably just speking for myself but im pretty positive forrest, spencer, and maybe even you xander dont consistantly have the money to spend on this stuff. (this is me going off of past knowledge of people saying "i have no money")

i also do not understand the advantages to having an entry fee. other than for sean and whoever is there to take second and third.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
xander that does make sense but you have to realize that there are people that have NO money...this presents another problem. most of these people are not looking to make spending money every week on smash a standard thing. idk im probably just speking for myself but im pretty positive forrest, spencer, and maybe even you xander dont consistantly have the money to spend on this stuff. (this is me going off of past knowledge of people saying "i have no money")

i also do not understand the advantages to having an entry fee. other than for sean and whoever is there to take second and third.
When money's on the line, people will play better/harder, and take it more seriously.

v00m242

Smash Rookie
but most people arent playing harder for the money. sean is there. and if chris is there, he is likely to get second/third. and if jackie is there, (and not sandbagging his *** off) he will get second third. the skill gap between the top three players and the rest of us is pretty large. most people arent expecting to get any money out of it. and this is going by us splitting money into three ways, which might not even happen.

forward

Smash Champion
Jeff: I might be busy on thursday evening. There's going to be a gathering of sf players and I might hang out with them.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Rankings updated 7/27/09

0. Forward (****)*
1. Jetfour (Falcon/Marth/Random)
2. GamerGuitarist7 (Falcon /Falco)
3. moTT (Marth)
4. Ruby (Falco/Fox)
5. Nicknyte (Luigi/Marth/Sucking)
6. Hado (Samus)
7. 2021 (Falcon/Falco)
8. Cooper (Sheik/Fox)
9. Rusty (Fox/Falco)
10. Spencer (Sheik/Fox)
11. Tommy (Ganon/Sheik)
12. Fail (Marth/Falcon/BEING FAT)
13. Silly Kyle (Peach)
14. Spicy aka STEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEE (Link)
15. Zungg (Jigglypuff)
16. Piman (Marth)
17. VashEXE (Marth/Falcon)
18. Justin (Marth)***
19. Cutmet (Falcon)
20. Jack (Mario/Falcon)**

Removed from power rankings by request
Kyle (Marth)
Shivknight (Fox)
`EX (Ice Climbers/Sheik)
Saetia-DTG (Peach)

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
go ahead and remove justin, he doesnt play and i dont really hang out with him, so he wont go to smash otherwise lol

edit: i wanna challenge someone finally now that im in tucson, if this week is good for you zungg, if not i'll be here starting school the 24th

v00m242

Smash Rookie
zung doesnt even really play lol. im pretty sure you will wreck him anyway though.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
go ahead and remove justin, he doesnt play and i dont really hang out with him, so he wont go to smash otherwise lol

edit: i wanna challenge someone finally now that im in tucson, if this week is good for you zungg, if not i'll be here starting school the 24th
I can give him a call.

AXE 09

Smash Master
is spencer really that far down on the rankings? snaps.

anyways, SV will be in tucson today (thursday) so anyone that can smash... call me please:) or text, preferably text

520-508-5160

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Not making it to AZ Anger. To all who don't know I will be getting back surgery on August 6th because I have scoliosis. This also means no smash at my place for a good three weeks or so. Which also means I'll hopefully find something better than Melee(not Smash, Melee) to do in the meantime.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
jackie i may have to leave for colorado :( :( :(

oh and AZ anger should be on the 15th. it seems a good chunk of people have said they can't make the 8th and it seems that I may be one of them since I may need to go to Colorado from this saturday until 9 or 10 days after that.

v00m242

Smash Rookie
i think that some of us eill already be starting school. i think that we should leave the date as it is.

BTW i challenged ty for his spot and ***** the **** out of him XD update plox

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
uh the 15th is on a saturday no johns. school at my old high school has been going for a week already anyway

jeff can't make the 8th, spencer can't, i don't think i can make the 8th, and some other people said they couldn't either. it's not like moving the date will make us lose a venue since AIAB is willing to host it whenever

Top Bottom