• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yosh!
Jeff-Wanna record the new Falcon and Link acrobatics and take a shot at Falcon Floats?
Tim-I guess I'm a loser, then.
That's not what I want to hear, I wanna hear the Okami I heard yesterday...when he was messaging...the confident Okami, that believes in himself...Sure I may be tough at times, but you'll grow used to it...Axe sure did, you won't be any different..

<3 keep up the Pika son

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
(and play low tiers)
It's not about playing low tiers. It's about playing a character that you feel comfortable with and like. If you try to play Bowser just because he's low tier and want to prove you can win with him, then you're just trying to boost your ego, whether you succeed or not. I played Sheik, Falco, and Mewtwo 8 years ago before I knew that Melee was competitive. When I became competitive with it, I found that to do the movements that I wanted to, I couldn't do them with Mewtwo because he was awkward and I couldn't do it with Falco because he jumped too fast. I chose Sheik because I felt comfortable with her. Similarly, my friend, Signia, chose Marth because he played Soul Calibur IV and he liked characters with swords. About a month later we looked at the tier list and found that our characters were considered top. We didn't care.

My point is:
A tier list shouldn't decide what character you play, low or high. It should be whatever you feel most comfortable with and have the most fun with, be it Fox or Pichu. If you have fun playing low tiers, go for it, but don't tell other people what to do or talk down to people who don't do what you do. That's just like telling people what religion to believe in or that their religion is bad.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Lmao......religion, and smash have no fruition whatsoever with one another, thus this comparision would never come together anyway....however I do know what your saying....I also like your lecturing me, thinking I don't already know this, but it's cool I guess...

Im not gonna retaliate anymore....because you are the only person, who lets this get to their head and bother you... every other person ive ever met, and in tucson...know my ways, and your just not getting it.. so with you.. I can't really have fun, or have a good laugh, since everything seems to get you all sad....
=/, or can't seem to take a joke =/ or take it too harshly, combination of the two..

anyway, sorry for any inconvenience if any i've caused you son

also a side note.. but this in my previous post...Hehe what a good day....Anyway, tomorrow's my birthday....wooooot... Yeah, yeah you all don't care.... so what you SHOULD do... is.. just at least play melee all day for me <33 (and play low tiers)

This is addressed to your city as a whole, not just the one and only Okami, like the way your taking it.. Also....this is something called a REQUEST..meaning, it'd make me happy if you did...if you do or don't I could care less, a mere request....but of course...take it wrong... and do what you do..and elaborate to me on something that needs no explanation.. =/

AXE 09

Smash Master
Rob, that's a good post, but Tim already knows that. He plays Mewtwo and Falco as his best characters (as well as various other characters such as Falcon, Yoshi, Samus, and Fox). Why? Because he likes those characters. Not because of the tier list or anything.

Tim has a VERY similar mindset about the game as I do, and I know that you understand my mindset very well. So when you talk to him, you can pretty much assume that he knows pretty much everything that I do and thinks the same way that I do. We pretty much made each other as we are today. Even though he acts very differently than I do, the way we think is very similar.

You need to learn when to take him seriously and when not to. IMO it's kinda obvious that he wasn't serious at all with most of his above posts. Although I can tell that he was being serious about his most recent post in this thread. Am I the only one who can tell?

Alright, enough serious talk....

Ok well actually this is still somewhat serious lol

I'm pretty sure that I'll arrive in tucson on friday. I might spend the night, but I'm not sure yet. Depends on housing availability and how things turn out that night. See you all soon =)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure that I'll arrive in tucson on friday. I might spend the night, but I'm not sure yet. Depends on housing availability and how things turn out that night. See you all soon =)
@Axe - was thinking me/you, Tai, Elvis could get a hotel, like for real this time...if you want.. I think it'd be tight.. and we'll pay for most of it too.. since SV owes ya.. ^^ then again, if your not stayin the night then we can do somethin else..I hav to get footage of you for possible Axe effect II stuff, and i wanna record tai too

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
@Vman-Sorry to sound like I was lecturing you. I didn't mean to. Of course I know that you already know that. I'm doing what you told me to in the following two sentences: Your text messages were offending me. Please stop.
@GG7-I thought Spencer didn't want to be on the list?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
and that's all there is to it... =) Thanks rob...<3.. I do want you to be able to take a joke from me though, Im not gonna lie here to your face, saying i'll stop forever cuz eventually, It'll happen again... trust me everyone's tried... and everyone has figured that im not gonna change, so they learn to accept the jokes, people know the way I am.. and you should too.. <3

Anyway, which one of you losers wants to lose to me in pokemon this weekend, or a food eating contest.. I got bills to pay! lol

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
timmy did you get my text about apartment/living place? and yeah dude my pokemon skills are ****ty right now, but ima work on em to bring my a game next time we fight :D

i wonder how the metagame has changed nowadays since last year

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
You'll be too busy working out with Trevyn to ever smash again lol. I approve. You won't need to practice because you're too good and you'll be all buff and intimidating for some Tony-esque real life mind games to compensate.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Hey, if anyone wants to smash tomorrow, Student Union after like 6ish or so? I also just got Smash 64 on my computer, so if someone wants to bring at least 2 controllers that have USB plugs (Xbox 360 controller or PS3 controllers work I believe), we could play that too.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
@GG7-I thought Spencer didn't want to be on the list?
Rob, I thought you and I had established over AIM that the only person in Tucson who actually seems to read what I say on smashboards is you. lol seriously.

It's just funny because the list that Chris put is pretty much exclusively based off of what Sean said except that you can clearly see Chris edited who's higher between him and Jackie because that was the area where he disagreed with Sean so he editd it to fit as he liked it. I mean yeah he put it as a tie but you know he'd like to put it as himself above.

I also like how even though Forrest and Sean McCarthy don't really want to be put on the list they aren't on there but then when I ask to not be on there, I get put on there anyways. Because that obviously makes a hell of a lot of sense.

**** off, Tucson. (Except maybe like two people)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hi Tucson!,, umm, so uhhh, anyone wanna buy me some Panda Express as A lil late Bday gift...hehe.. i'd love you for so long... ^^

this'd be awesome... ^^;

NOTE: don hav to, but it'd be tight lol <33 you guys

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I will if you like, so long as you get something reasonable; not like a Panda Family or whatever. But when?
OMG, yes wooooooot <3 rob, Nah, even I'm reasonable... i get the simple 3 course combo... rice, and 2 meats.......WOOOT You're freaking awesome!!

forward

Smash Champion
Haha, yea Jackie, my goal over the summer is to get that six pack I've been wanting for so long. I'll be able to play Rob and Tony when I'm in phoenix though, so even if I don't play much, the little that I do could be significant with competition like them.

Top Bottom