• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
he made a retirement POST

which means hes not retiring

only people who retire are ones that drop off the face of the earth

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Rob, I thought you and I had established over AIM that the only person in Tucson who actually seems to read what I say on smashboards is you. lol seriously.

It's just funny because the list that Chris put is pretty much exclusively based off of what Sean said except that you can clearly see Chris edited who's higher between him and Jackie because that was the area where he disagreed with Sean so he editd it to fit as he liked it. I mean yeah he put it as a tie but you know he'd like to put it as himself above.

I also like how even though Forrest and Sean McCarthy don't really want to be put on the list they aren't on there but then when I ask to not be on there, I get put on there anyways. Because that obviously makes a hell of a lot of sense.

**** off, Tucson. (Except maybe like two people)
I think you're just being a *****.

The reason I put Jackie and I as a tie had NOTHING to do with pride. I hardly looked at sean's list, and most of the ranking is pretty concrete. You're just *****ing because you're not as high as you want to be.

If you look at Jackie vs. Me as players, jackie at best beats me overall 60:40 I would say. We have strengths in different places, and thus perform differently against different people. Jackie does better against Jeff, I do better against Tim, etc.

If you look at our tournament records
I have beaten Tai equally to Jackie
I have beaten Wobbles in one legit set (2 when he sandbagged like a punk) and Jackie did well against him in crews but has not taken a tournament set.
Neither Jackie nor I have ever beaten Sean in tournament
I have taken 1 set that I consider legit against Jeff (Axe effect WB), and 2 where he sandbagged me (Elite four GF set 1 where he went random; this past tournament). Jackie has never beaten Jeff in a set but does better against him in friendlies.

Also, if you want to look at it, I beat jacke this past tournament in the Falcon ditto. Sure you can say, "Jackie could have just used Sheik." But what does that prove?

It is VERY hard to pick a better player out of the two of us, and since everyone excluding your brother put me above Jackie, I felt a good way to accommodate for that would be to combine us as our true form PLENIP for both humor and for it being so hard to call.

If you're gonna keep whining, I'll put Jackie above me and you below Rob considering his higher placing.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wooh, first post on page 241! This is a bunch of ****. I don't know if you guys can handle it, but here it is anyways.

Falcon HRC Acrobatic V2
Falcon HRC Acrobatic V3
Falcon HRC Acrobatic V4
Falcon HRC Acrobatic V5
Falco HRC Acrobatic
Link HRC Acrobatic

Thank you so much Rob!!! Lol I'm so glad you uploaded all of those. Seriously, thank you very much.

Check out my thread everyone :)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142769

Hey Rob: We didn't record my moonwalking one, did we?
You showed me some of you skillz in person lol. Still freakin awesome!!! The ending of the falco ones cracked me up!

Samus - ThePrime
Ganondorf - BizzaroFlame
Falco - Atlus
These were my top 3 favorites.

Edit: Also, My first TAS. Though it's not really a speed run...perhaps superplay? It's all done without any controller, only using the keyboard, so no forward tilts or easy up tilts or non-fastfall down airs.
Fox on 3 Lvl 9s
Atlus' is currently my favorite. It is freakin amazing

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
My opinions (no matter how distorted from reality they are):
1. The Plenip placing is 100% legit.
2. Spencer wanted to be taken off the list.
3. I haven't seen Tommy play Sheik since I played him at Forrest's house back in September.
4. Jonny's Jigglypuff should be in front of Fox because he's played Jiggs more in tourney matches (if you count doubles).
5. You guys should check out Jeff's HRC and my TAS Smash 64 vid if you haven't yet.
6. Play me soon, because I'm leaving in 10 days on the 13th of May at like 6 AM.
7. You guys should come to a major SoCal tournament over the summer. (You guys includes both Twins because I haven't met you guys!)
8. S. Kyle <3, you owe me a double princess team friendly with some other people because you didn't show up on Saturday night.
9. Shiv and Jeff will always be God tier in the Kindness Tier List.

Those are my thoughts right now. <3 you all. :)

Jane

Smash Hero
last night i had a dream i was taking a **** in a bathroom with a HUGE glass window. i was sitting there looking out the window and i see shiv walk by, look at me, laugh, and just keep walking.

haha, i have the funniest, most random dreams.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Jajajajaja that's hilarious. I would say that Jeff is just barely more corrupted than Shiv.

I want to see both of them mad. They're pretty hard to provoke without being blatantly disrespectful though.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Only time I've seen Axe mad was when I suggested Cookie Crisp was better than Fruity Pebbles :p

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I remember when Jeff said he hated his real mom, but like freakin loves his dad's girlfriend.
I think Jeff may have even said his mom was a bitch

3. I haven't seen Tommy play Sheik since I played him at Forrest's house back in September.
Yeah, rarely do I use Sheik. It's more common to see me use Falcon, Marth or even FALCO, Sheik just bores the hell out of me. I also do remember asking to have Sheik taken off as my secondary a long time ago though....

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I remember when Jeff said he hated his real mom, but like freakin loves his dad's girlfriend.
I think Jeff may have even said his mom was a bitch

Yeah, rarely do I use Sheik. It's more common to see me use Falcon, Marth or even FALCO, Sheik just bores the hell out of me. I also do remember asking to have Sheik taken off as my secondary a long time ago though....
Your falco's legit. Keep working on it. <3

Anyone wana smash tomorrow?

AXE 09

Smash Master
LOL! You all are nubcakes hahaha ^^

Anyways, I LOVED Crazy Little Jungle Bird:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMA9wSDFUc

Although, I felt that Viper had a much better showcasing of techskill. There was a lot more difficult and faster moves in this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZiq3Y3jBs4

With that in mind though, crazy little jungle bird entertained me more, just because it gave me that feeling of Falco going on some sort of adventure which was awesome lol. Not to mention, the quality was superb. It's gonna be really tough for me to pick between these two.

One that shows better techskill, or one that entertaines me more? I know it's a "techskill" video contest, but still...... Thoughts?

I also thought the Yoshi one was pretty cool, but honestly he didn't do all that much difficult stunts, other than reverse egg throw stalling. I kinda like the 2 falco ones better, one for faster moves and the other for excitement.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Jeff, I'm sad you didn't Falco ditto me, even though you said you would.

I mean, how could you turn down a Falco ditto?

Jane

Smash Hero
of the two, i liked crazy little jungle bird better overall.

CLJB was better quality, was more creative, music was very fitting, and just flat out entertaining to watch.

viper, also had really good music, and the techskill was better, i literally felt like i was watching like a video of someone skating doing a bunch of cool tricks on the ground. felt like a dance or something.

but overall, id have to go with the first. but both were tight

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
CLJB was more creative, and had better quality, whereas Viper reminded me of a Kata.

*edit*

Ok last part of CLJB made me so hard. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who does sick wavelands, and edgecancels and **** on Temple. <3

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I am going to go as far out of my way as necessary to meet that woman. The amazing acts that would happen in that night of passion... And if worse comes to worse I can bust out my old AZ ANGER guides for how to get women to really like you and then I'd be in ;)

Top Bottom