• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Boxing isn't really my forte but I can always teach you something new :D

heres some quick tips because I don't feel like running to class just yet :p

Just remember to have your hand relaxed until you are about to contact and then clench and do a rotation with your arm. this will make your punch faster, it will be less strenuous on your arm/body, and the rotation will add more power (rotational force for any of you that know physics). And always always always keep your wrist straight. that way your arm absorbs the shock and not your wrist. As well always hit with your index and middle knuckes and avoid hitting with the ring and pinky knuckles because they have no support and can easily break (it's called a boxers fracture lol).

tw1n

Smash Champion
I'm totally free this weekend. Any brawl or melee tournies goin on? Or does anyone just wanna chill for the day and smoke n smash?
Pretty freakin awesome stuff man! The first pic is my favorite but the last one was amazing nonetheless.

The second one was crazy tho! So cool but I think there was just a little too much water on the face. But still amazing tho!

forward

Smash Champion
Hey guys I'm going to be busy until saturday so to the people I said I'd hang out with before then I have to take that back. But yea, Saturday I'm free all day so let's smash then.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I have a couple questions:
If I wanted to put an nVidia driver on my computer, do I need to have an nVidia graphics card as well or does my Intel GMA work?
Is there a good Intel GMA that can support the Dolphin emulator?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Yeah, so this is the kind of stuff I've been working on...
Really good quality picture, and sound. But the frame rate is not up to speed (which wouldn't matter if it was frame by frame) and you can see through Pokemon Stadium? And also I don't know how to record yet. But because it's so slow, tech chasing falcon is really easy.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Jesus, from lack of interest I've never really seen 64 played since I was a kid.

Didn't realize how crazy sexy it was.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion

What Jeff would like playing HRC in High Def with Graphics Errors

Stage Selection

Pokemon Stadium-notice there's no board?

Hanging from the edge

Because of the graphics error, you can see Sheik's face.

Simply just a Brinstar pic. Surprisingly, it doesn't look half bad.

Notice Fox's face

Rainbow Cruise

Pikachu's Taunt from the forward angle

Pika from the side.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Alright, I think you need to get some sort of ATI plugin for it. I'm not particularly familiar with AMD. I have an Intel and had to download a DirectX sort of application. Direct3D9 I think it was. But are you getting the message about OpenGL?

@Jeff-Then come to SoCal.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I know, I love it!
Jonny-I'll just have to show/sing/read it to you in person. That way you're forced to see me before I leave for three months 'and' more importantly, I get to make a fool out of myself offline!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Alright, I think you need to get some sort of ATI plugin for it. I'm not particularly familiar with AMD. I have an Intel and had to download a DirectX sort of application. Direct3D9 I think it was. But are you getting the message about OpenGL?

@Jeff-Then come to SoCal.
Nah i wasnt getting an error message, it was just straight up crashing.

i did fix it btw. im a ****** and forgot to configure the program. :\

Jane

Smash Hero
lollll i actually had a very funny dream about formspring last night xD

ROB - sorry i havent smashed with you, my phone charger broke saturday and ive been phoneless since then. i cant smash today, so maybe tomorrow if you finish packing we can smash?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Umm...I'm playing tennis from 5 PM til 7 PM and then eating sushi after with my mom and others. Then, I have to wake up at 6 AM to get to SoCal by 4 PM on Wednesday. So...today's last night, unless I can convince my mom to let me smash from 8 PM to 11 PM.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'll miss you rob. :(

Also predictably someone questions my hygiene which isn't legit. It would be the equivalent of saying "why are you gay, Sean?" when he obviously has a girlfriend, and I obviously have the same hygiene habits of any normal person.

Duff0

Smash Ace
I'll miss you rob. :(

Also predictably someone questions my hygiene which isn't legit. It would be the equivalent of saying "why are you gay, Sean?" when he obviously has a girlfriend, and I obviously have the same hygiene habits of any normal person.
First impressions are hard to wipe out Xander.

And yeah, your hygiene is good now, its just when you first started getting into smash and meeting people a lot it wasn't.

Jane

Smash Hero
xander, you made a FORMSPRING. if you make a formspring, you have to prepare yourself for a troll storm of hurricane katrina proportions.

that website might as well change its name to pleasetroll.me

Top Bottom