• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I have a photoshoot today after class (which ends at about 5:30) so hopefully I finish early enough to attend the smashfest and play BB scrubbily.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, so if someone can bring another setup that would be great.

EDIT:

And hey, here are some directions.

You're going to want to end up on Country Club. It's a N/S street between Cambell and Alvernon.
Coming south from Speedway, you're going to come across a crosswalk with a light. 4th Street is DIRECTLY after that crosswalk, it's a small street and easy to miss. Turn left into 4th St (So you'll be going east)

From the south, 4th St is obviously just BEFORE the crosswalk. Turn right (east) into it.

My place is at the end of the street on the right. There should be plenty of room for parking, and I've left one of the gates open. Our apartment is #10.

Call me if you need more help: 623-229-9032

Sorry if this is kind of late :p

Jane

Smash Hero
rob: those TAS vids were too good! i especially enjoyed the falcon one :D

shiv: smashfest was oodles and oodles of fun! the doggie was awesome ^____^ thanks for hosting!

ggs everyone!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Amazing smashfest, Shiv! I had soooo much fun!

Thanks for everyone who was able to make it!! :)

And omg that puppy was so cute! <3

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
The result of another presmash photoshoot:

I'm too cheap for photographic light equipment so I got some halogen lights from Ace that do the job fine for now :D
I like this one because it almost seems to tell a story to me. Dunno why. But as well I like the hair. It's pretty cool :D

Okami, how long does it take you to do those TAS's and what assists do you use?

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
thanks for having me shiv sorry if i was kinda bleh everyone life is taking some interesting twists right now but thanks for smashing with me

sean youre an *** for playing me one handed :p <3

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Okami, how long does it take you to do those TAS's and what assists do you use?
First one took me about 5 1/2 hours because I didn't know exactly what I was doing. Since then, it takes me about 2 to 3 hours per TAS.

I use Mupen64 as my emulator (I think fully called mupen64-rerecording). Mupen64 gives me use of save states and frame advance as well recording capabilities. All of my inputs are done with the keyboard, which is limiting if I want to do something like stand in place and then forward tilt (that's why I never forward tilt in my videos...only uptilt). I also use a Cygnus Hex Editor for hacking ROM changes, like I did in my update video.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
R.I.P Shiv's hair (head and facial)

All dates from hereon will be A.D

All before will be B.C.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I remember the first time I saw shivs hair. In fact it was the only time I've ever met him. Nice guy, good with kids. He has a bright future ahead of him. Or should I say had a bright future... without the hair all seems to be lost. Rest in Peace friend :( We'll smash again in a few years when it all grows back.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Yay for avatar!

M. Night Shamalamalayan better not mess it up >.<

What a twist! Aang is secretly not the avatar but just a kid in a costume... who is actually in the year 1995... who has been dead for years... and is allergic to water... but he has to find the lady in the water who is not a water bender in any way (but in fact that chick from Lady in the Water)... and Mel Gibson is just there for some reason... and then he wakes up only to find out it was all a dream he was having while in the process of dying...

That movie will make million but dissappoint billions

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
it seems Shiv's will may be greater than mine. I really don't know if I can do it. Part of me doesm the other part can't.

AXE 09

Smash Master
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIV CUT HIS HAIR?!?!?!?!?!?!?

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!

Wait did he seriously cut it??? Omg lol. I wanna seeeeeeeeeee

Hey, I've been playing Peach too :) I want to have the best peach used by someone named Jeff in the world!

AXE 09

Smash Master
Wut it izzz
Dude Jane, I went to Las Vegas last weekend and saw the JABBAWOCKEEZ perform in person!!!!!!!! Dude I wish you were there. Next to Genesis grand finals, it was like the best thing I had ever seen. They are absolutely incredible

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
It's true :\

There won't be any pictures, so you'll just have to see me in person :p

And finally...I don't think I'll be coming to Battle Roads in Tucson Xander, since I'll be going to Dan's thing instead. I did go to one in Tempe last Sunday, and, ha, 1-4. Needless to say it needs some work.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I was thinking, maybe I'll take some time, and delay the possible cutting of my hair.

Since it seems we are without a Jesus now, but have a new Gandhi, perhaps I'll shoot for the Jesus thing.

Top Bottom