• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Yeah, I pretty much second this.

Xander, NO ONE CARES how good or bad you were playing.

You win, or you lose. Nothing else needs to be said.

If you want to say something, just keep your mouth shut, take the loss, and prove yourself next time.
Never said I didn't take the loss. Just mentioned that I played really badly.

Is it necessary to be a complete **** to me for stating the truth?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i thought xander played fairly solid against tai. he did better than he does against MY marth! hahahahaha!
I could point out several things I wasn't doing, but normally do, and how I could have done better if I had stuck to my guns instead of doing what I did.

I hope I get paired up with Tai again. I'm not confident that I can win the set vs him, but there are some things that I'd do differently, and I think I'd bring the games closer because of it.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Tommy will be like Piers but instead of saying things like, "That was honestly the worst performance all night," he'll say, "GET OFF THE STAGE YOU FUCKING ORPHANS!"
no no, tommy would just facepalm, shake his head in disgust, and say "garbage... ****ing garbage."
Nick Cannon: "How'd he do Fogle?"
Tommy: "Worthless..."
I love you guys so much right now. I laughed so hard at all of these.

It's funny because it's true.

And now i have more of a reason to hate Young Link and Ness, f***ing orphans...

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Hey, Xander. Why do you post multiple posts at once instead of just one post?
....Starcraft2? :3
Never said I didn't take the loss. Just mentioned that I played really badly.

Is it necessary to be a complete **** to me for stating the truth?
I could point out several things I wasn't doing, but normally do, and how I could have done better if I had stuck to my guns instead of doing what I did.

I hope I get paired up with Tai again. I'm not confident that I can win the set vs him, but there are some things that I'd do differently, and I think I'd bring the games closer because of it.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Hey, Xander. Why do you post multiple posts at once instead of just one post?
they weren't posted in the same interval lol. I made the first post as a parody of ".......Melee?"

I then responded to some older posts I haven't seen because I haven't checked the thread since like Sunday.

Also I'm usually just too lazy to multi-quote. Especially since I'm sitting here, sick as balls. I have the flu, and a cold, at the same time. **** is not legit.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Also I'm usually just too lazy to multi-quote. Especially since I'm sitting here, sick as balls. I have the flu, and a cold, at the same time. **** is not legit.
Never really knew there was a difference. I just firgured if it's mild it's a cold; if it's throw up worthy it's the flu.

no johns! When life gives you lemons you throw them into oncoming traffic!

For Axe:

Feelin the love.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Never really knew there was a difference. I just firgured if it's mild it's a cold; if it's throw up worthy it's the flu.

no johns! When life gives you lemons you throw them into oncoming traffic!

For Axe:

Feelin the love.
Cold mostly has to do with stuff like congestion, mucus buildup, sore throat, etc.

Flu is stuff like muscle aches, headache, fevor.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Nah that's not why, I thought this long before playing you LOL lol.
^With the capital "LOL", it made it seem like he laughed really loudly and almost fell out of his seat or something.

A lowercase "lol" expresses more of a light laugh or a small chuckle, which should've been used in that situation. Unless for some reason that post was absolutely hilarious.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
^With the capital "LOL", it made it seem like he laughed really loudly and almost fell out of his seat or something.

A lowercase "lol" expresses more of a light laugh or a small chuckle, which should've been used in that situation. Unless for some reason that post was absolutely hilarious.
*ahem*

:lick:

Jane

Smash Hero
That was not "caps lol" worthy.
His post was entertaining, but not so funny that it was necessary to capitalize "lol". A lowercase one would have been more appropriate.

im ****in dying of laughter over here hahahahah

and, im high. lulz

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Cool Info Bro.

Besides being dam Amazing (wait, I'm Awesome, Tim is Amazing), I introduce the to the AZ melee smash community...

Super Smash Bros. AZ

In short, it is AZ's version of Melee. Custom intro showcasing each active smasher of AZ and some at heart, Smasher's name said at each character selection (Luigi is selected, "NICKNYTE!" is said), music will be changed for each tourney legal stage (will be all stages music changed as time goes on), the announcer will be changed as well with epic voices (voice dubbed by Nicknyte), and some other tidbits. So far the current things have been changed

Current version V0.2

Character Selection vocal changes:
Luigi - Nicknyte
Jigglypuff - Tag$
Pikachu - Axe
Yoshi - Vectorman
Cpt. Falcon - Gamer Guitarist

Coming soon in next version. (v0.3)
Ganondorf - Tommy
Fox - Forward
I.C. - Wobbles
Zelda - Priest Raven?/Iron Dragon?
Sheik - Okami
Mewtwo - Taj
G&W - YEAH!
Marth - Tai
Roy - Jetfour
Peach - Silly Kyle

There are many characters without names. Feel free to add yours if you like, but if not, I will change the names with my own voice for a fluid sounding selection screen.

Doc
Marion
Bowser
DK
Ness
Kirby
Samus
Link
Y.L.
Pichu (I want to replace this voice with "FAILURE" :O)

Furthermore, there will be announcer Changes as well, the current changes are as of now.

Current Announcer Changes

Ready, Go! - Changed to Nicknyte Vocals (not my regular voice, my announcer voice)
No Contest - Changed to "RAGE QUIT"

Later vocal changes. (v0.4)
Survival (this is what is said when Melee is selected, not "Melee!") will be changed naturally,
GAME! will be changed to K.O.! in the spirit of this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ1r20rCGxw (Go to 0:21)
Red Team: Phoenix!
Blue Team: Tucson!
Green Team: S.V.!

Music: The music has been prehacked as the ISO is a port of Lucky's Melee.
I encourage everyone to message me musical suggestions of the tournament legal stages. So far, Pokemon's stadium's Alt music is This..

I will release the current version if anyone wants it. If anyone does, I will set up an email account where everyone can download the current version. For now, I will take suggestions. So, how do you guys like the idea? :D

Mind you, this copy of Melee only works on HACKED WIIs, but that should be common knowledge. GET YO WII HACKED. Hopefully, v0.4 will be done by next weeks tournament.
THIS. Please submit sugggestions guys. I really need music suggestions actually.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
My Falcon is becoming super duper awesome, yay.

Now it's just time to step up the super duper awesome one more level, then drink a 44 oz of Dose and I should be all set X_^

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
No, he's Fox. You are Falco because you are the DREADLY FALCO BASED FIGHTER RRUUUUUUUBBBBBYYYY IIIIIRRRRRIIIIISSSSSSSS, Sean is not :D

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
anyone want to smash today after 4? im free all day and hey, its mah berfday. so as a present i want all you *****es to come over and smash with me and enrique.

send a brotha a text(or call) 520.331.9362

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Bureiburu!

Hey, I'm thinking of hosting a Blazblue Smashfest next Sunday at my place. We'll have one setup, two if anyone can bring a copy of it. There will probably be one or two smash setups too.

Hey, Shane, Ted, come to this!

Top Bottom