• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

DJMirror

Smash Master
attention falco players who also play pokemon. If you haven't seen the new pokemon from black/white you should look at this pokemon.

[collapse=for those who wish to be spoiler free about new pokemon, don't look]

seriously, that thing looks like an orphan version of falco. It's types are rock/flying

[/collapse]
l o l!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Rob:

Because your laptop isn't in the best condition, if I were to download the software required, would you care if I took over recording duty?

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I know rob wants to do it though, and its more tucson you know? just needs a new computer...plus not having videos encourages people to go to the tournies in person haha

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I know rob wants to do it though, and its more tucson you know? just needs a new computer...plus not having videos encourages people to go to the tournies in person haha
TO QUOTE SHIV

"It's not just about the results or videos or anything like that, it's about the experience"

WHICH YOU USUALLY MISS OUT ON BY THE WAY NICK :(

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
getting a new computer takes time, and i don't think he's going to acquire the funds required to do so by the next monthly, and I have a laptop that works reliably, and is just a better machine plain and simple.

Until he gets a new, working machine, I would like to take over his recording duties.

If Tai wants to start recording again, then I'd be more than happy to let him record tournament highlights whilst I have my laptop recording miscellaneous matches like we did in the past.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I'll try to make more i promise its just hard when weekends are only times i can usually spend with the girlfriend :p

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
getting a new computer takes time, and i don't think he's going to acquire the funds required to do so by the next monthly, and I have a laptop that works reliably, and is just a better machine plain and simple.

Until he gets a new, working machine, I would like to take over his recording duties.

If Tai wants to start recording again, then I'd be more than happy to let him record tournament highlights whilst I have my laptop recording miscellaneous matches like we did in the past.
Haha, no. It's not about the funds. It's about convincing my parents that a computer would be useful (in addition to paying for college and possibly going to Japan).

Yes, I would like the videos uploaded to my channel, but at this point, I sort of don't care as much. In a perfect world, I'd have you guys with recording stuff record it and render it, then put it on my computer as mp4 files, but I know that if you put in the time, you'll want it on your channel.

Also...if you guys wanna bring a recording set up, always feel free to do so. I don't mind you guys recording pools or the weak-end of bracket. It's really the hyped matches that are important to record...not something like Axe vs "Random Marth Main #37 Who Randomly Made it Out of Pools (as MacD once said)".

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Haha, no. It's not about the funds. It's about convincing my parents that a computer would be useful (in addition to paying for college and possibly going to Japan).

Yes, I would like the videos uploaded to my channel, but at this point, I sort of don't care as much. In a perfect world, I'd have you guys with recording stuff record it and render it, then put it on my computer as mp4 files, but I know that if you put in the time, you'll want it on your channel.

Also...if you guys wanna bring a recording set up, always feel free to do so. I don't mind you guys recording pools or the weak-end of bracket. It's really the hyped matches that are important to record...not something like Axe vs "Random Marth Main #37 Who Randomly Made it Out of Pools (as MacD once said)".
If I'm the one rendering, it'll probably be in something like a .mov format, or VCD instead of mp4. mp4 is really inefficient.

VCD is the most efficient in terms of quality vs size.

Jane

Smash Hero
HOLY **** DUDE! omg i seriously just came everywhere... i wish you guys the best of luck and hope you guys have amazing team chemistry because i wanna see some hugsaxe ****!!

also, trying out this new sexy color :3

hey look, its bacon isai!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
inbefore no life johns

in other news, supposed smash at robs thursday afternoon, whos in?
i'll try to be there.

....if i can get a ride home afterward. (:

Hey, Xander. How far are you in Pokemon?

P.S. I should be able to render and possibly upload as well some videos today.
Took me about 4 days to pretty much 100% complete it.

Beat the Elite 4, and subsequently, the main plot.
Beat the Elite 4 round 2, Cynthia, and the GameFreak employee.
Caught all legendaries that do not require trading to get, including the current event pokemon; Victini.

The only thing I have left is to catch 100% pokemon, which I'm not going to do.

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
whats up beezies? me and jade(enrique moved to oregon) are trying to get back into the routine of playing way more smash. were free most days at our house to smash so hit it up

Top Bottom