• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
whats up beezies? me and jade(enrique moved to oregon) are trying to get back into the routine of playing way more smash. were free most days at our house to smash so hit it up
I'll be more than happy to show up. Just post some more concrete info and I'll see what I can do.

Tipper I haven't played you but I'm going to guess you'd be right after Rusty....
I should convince Rusty to actually show up so we can figure out just how Tucson's lookin'.

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
That'd be cool the more people who are around my level the better. Close matches are always more fun

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
SMASHFEST TONIGHT
Alright. We're gonna be getting together tonight.
Phone- 520-331-9362
Addy- 4547 N. Old Romero.

Call or text for details/directions.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
Or text me 520-904-8341

We might need one or 2 setups, depending on how kany people show up, so far i believe we have 2, one will be recording.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
i will help! if you contact me on aim. :) if you have an aim that is.

EDIT: whoa! youre not as bad as i thought you were going to be! lol youre pretty good!

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I only watched a little bit but I can tell you something I like to tell pretty much every Sheik player.

LESS DOWN SMASH. MUCH LESS DOWN SMASH.

Downsmash is good....almost never. Don't use it that much. Every Sheik in Tucson uses too much dsmash.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I only watched a little bit but I can tell you something I like to tell pretty much every Sheik player.

LESS DOWN SMASH. MUCH LESS DOWN SMASH.

Downsmash is good....almost never. Don't use it that much. Every Sheik in Tucson uses too much dsmash.
I disagree. I think it can be good if used in proper situations and not spammed.

Example: It can work well for edge guarding. Or if you're tech chasing and you know they're going to spot dodge (oh you spacies and your quick spot dodging when shine seems out of reach).

Real men F Tilt :p

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
you guys give terrible advice! lol jay-kay! i dont like sheik so yeah. if he wants advice he should get it from a pro! hee hee i would tell you stuff right now but i dont want people listening in on my secrets. lol

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I disagree. I think it can be good if used in proper situations and not spammed.

Example: It can work well for edge guarding. Or if you're tech chasing and you know they're going to spot dodge (oh you spacies and your quick spot dodging when shine seems out of reach).

Real men F Tilt :p
It's literally only good for egde guarding when they are attemtping to sweetspot the edge. Or it can be good if Falcon is coming from below but even so they may be able to tech it.

If a spacy attempts to illusion at you just ftilt or do jump off retreating nair.

I don't think you should tech chase with it ever Even if you KNOW they're going to spot dodge, it's better to do things that lead to more follow-ups rather than dsmash which will lead to...not much. If you do dash attack instead you can lead it to ftilt/utilt/another grab/fair/another dash attack/dtilt sometimes. Downsmash in general just doesn't have enough good things that you can follow-up with after you do it. It can hit people off the stage sometimes but once again there are better more effective ways of doing this imo.

So yeah, use dsmash extremely extremely sparingly lol.

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
So I'm planning on bringing back the Tucson Melee Weeklies, if any of you remember those at my old apartment. Jade and I have a pretty big house with a couple setups ready to go, so it would work out rather nicely. Round Robin's can happen if there is a consistent turnout. Otherwise just a friendlies session once a week to keep SSBM in Tucson strong.

Any questions/comments/suggestions - Call either me at (520)331-9362 or Jade (520)904-8341

My AIM - tbmcclary01

Do it.

EDIT: We're thinking on Wednesday's. More than likely around 5pm.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
You could do a round robin where the top 2 get $2, the next 2 get $1 and then the bottom 6 give $1 each.

And as for downsmash, I especially like to use it against spacies and Falcon in a certain situation. If you fair, ftilt, or even dsmash and they land away and either tech in or don't tech at all and then roll towards you, you can dsmash them off the stage and then follow that with some sort of edge guard. It's really ****. If you don't understand what I mean, I'll show you in game later. (Basically, when they roll towards you from the ground, you dsmash them off the edge)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
You could do a round robin where the top 2 get $2, the next 2 get $1 and then the bottom 6 give $1 each.

And as for downsmash, I especially like to use it against spacies and Falcon in a certain situation. If you fair, ftilt, or even dsmash and they land away and either tech in or don't tech at all and then roll towards you, you can dsmash them off the stage and then follow that with some sort of edge guard. It's really ****. If you don't understand what I mean, I'll show you in game later. (Basically, when they roll towards you from the ground, you dsmash them off the edge)
That isn't that good because most smart people don't roll in from the edge. That's actually one of the scrubbier things for people to do so because you can catch someone for that isn't that impressive.

Good job at doing something I was doing when I FIRST started playing Sheik :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Want more proof of you using dsmash and sucking **** for it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b82KoOwR3lw#t=0m43s

^ I mean come on you can't tell me you actually think THAT was good? Like REALLY? WHY would you ever dsmash when you're BELOW a platform where someone is? Maybe if you're actually on the platform and they're below you and you're expecting them to jump so they jump into it but you were ****ing BELOW him. Seriously.

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the advice guys.
Yea!- I don't actually have an aim, but if you have some awesome super secret strategy feel free to message me :p

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
It's literally only good for egde guarding when they are attemtping to sweetspot the edge. Or it can be good if Falcon is coming from below but even so they may be able to tech it.

If a spacy attempts to illusion at you just ftilt or do jump off retreating nair.

I don't think you should tech chase with it ever Even if you KNOW they're going to spot dodge, it's better to do things that lead to more follow-ups rather than dsmash which will lead to...not much. If you do dash attack instead you can lead it to ftilt/utilt/another grab/fair/another dash attack/dtilt sometimes. Downsmash in general just doesn't have enough good things that you can follow-up with after you do it. It can hit people off the stage sometimes but once again there are better more effective ways of doing this imo.

So yeah, use dsmash extremely extremely sparingly lol.
spacies can crouch cancel shine dash attacks. if i played sheik i would like usmash. cause if you miss you can just ftilt so you dont get punished. also its not good to do scrubby things all the time BUT its bad to not do them AT ALL. oh i didnt see that tipper guys post. lol well i dont really like to help anyone except on aim. haha well see if i do. oh yeah btw haha scrubbs talking about how to play SHEIK correctly lol

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
don't do wednesdays guys do mondays or fridays those work for me - otherwise I have class til 8:30 at night, I guess I could just come late for friendlies or something

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
That isn't that good because most smart people don't roll in from the edge. That's actually one of the scrubbier things for people to do so because you can catch someone for that isn't that impressive.

Good job at doing something I was doing when I FIRST started playing Sheik :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Want more proof of you using dsmash and sucking **** for it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b82KoOwR3lw#t=0m43s

^ I mean come on you can't tell me you actually think THAT was good? Like REALLY? WHY would you ever dsmash when you're BELOW a platform where someone is? Maybe if you're actually on the platform and they're below you and you're expecting them to jump so they jump into it but you were ****ing BELOW him. Seriously.
i think that was more Rob being a ****** and dsmashing at a ******** time, then the fact that dsmasha is a 'bad move' or whatever you're trying to prove. he could have done dsmash, fsmash, usmash, nsmash, bsmash, and still gotten punished the same. he should have just moved or something else.

sheik's dsmash is ********. drephen.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
don't do wednesdays guys do mondays or fridays those work for me - otherwise I have class til 8:30 at night, I guess I could just come late for friendlies or something
well i know our house is the house or nocturnals so whenever is fine. But maybe fridays.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
i think that was more Rob being a ****** and dsmashing at a ******** time, then the fact that dsmasha is a 'bad move' or whatever you're trying to prove. he could have done dsmash, fsmash, usmash, nsmash, bsmash, and still gotten punished the same. he should have just moved or something else.

sheik's dsmash is ********. drephen.
but her dsmash is mostly a bad move.

95% of sheiks i see spam that **** and it doesnt ****ing work. nobody gets that it doesnt work either.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
So I'm planning on bringing back the Tucson Melee Weeklies, if any of you remember those at my old apartment. Jade and I have a pretty big house with a couple setups ready to go, so it would work out rather nicely. Round Robin's can happen if there is a consistent turnout. Otherwise just a friendlies session once a week to keep SSBM in Tucson strong.

Any questions/comments/suggestions - Call either me at (520)331-9362 or Jade (520)904-8341

My AIM - tbmcclary01

Do it.

EDIT: We're thinking on Wednesday's. More than likely around 5pm.
Yes!!

Also with the weeklies, if someone needs to crash out at our place we do have 2 comfy couches and a bed.
Sweet :)

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
Fridays would work for the most part, except Jade has work at 8am, Mondays wouldn't be too bad but the majority of people have work and school. So post here if you would prefer Monday, Wednesday, or Friday and Jade an I will go with the day with the most votes.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
Well fridays i work until 630, and if shiv and ruby have prior engagements we might do another day, possibly saturday?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Preferably not Monday through Thursday for me. Friday or Saturday are the only acceptable days.
/science.

No but seriously, I'm only ever in town on Friday/Saturday IF, Kyle has me over those days.

Jade and/or Ty, will you guys be coming to the tourney this Saturday?

Please say yes. I miss you guys.

Top Bottom